LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » burning scalp relief!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: burning scalp relief!
laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone had this symptom and what can you do to relieve it?

i have no idea what triggered it being ive taken so much stuff at once im not sure what it could be,
but i just cant take this symptom

i suspect parasites, or wheat allergy, heat in the liver
i did have a practitioner try to rife the lymes and that seemed to make everything worse

ive also had hair loss with it
i cant use any shampoo either or it will start burning again
i cant use any tea tree oil or lavendar or any essential oils
i am using a bar soap but its not relieving it

any suggestions let me know!
i wish i could put something on the scalp to soothe it but nothing is working yet

Posts: 187 | From FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on a strict sugar free diet including high glycemic complex carbs?

If not you should try this.

[ 01-24-2010, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: TS96 ]

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your suspicion about parasites is probably correct. It has been for me since I treated aggressively with antiparasitics and salt/c.

They started to push through my scalp. I make a poultice of yogurt and milk and put it on my scalp. I cover with paper towels and a baseball cap.

It calms down the burning and drys them out. I also take 3-4 tblsps of coconut oil a day. Alternate with kefir or yogurt.

Also check out Humaworms website because they have a medicated cream for parasites. I have not tried this, so I don't know how it works. Hope this helps,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Avoid bar soap, lots of caustic chemicals in that - and most shampoos, even tooth pastes are very harsh.

Avalon organics shampoo makes a rosemary shampoo. that is very helpful. You can find it at Vitacost.com Dilute it, don't put in on straight.

IMO, you still need complex carbs to survive. Vegetables are carbs that are vital to your existence. But, of course, cut all all simple carbs . . . all processed foods.

Good luck.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glm,

I just got the topical coconut oil for the scalp.

I hope coconut oil had some anti-fungal properties to it : )

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coconut oil has antifungal, antibacterial and antiparasitic properties. www.coconutoil.com For some reason the coconut oil didn't calm down the burning for me when I applied to my scalp.

The poultice of yogurt and milk was/is the only thing that seemed to work. The milk has lactoferrin in it and is drying when mixed with the yogurt.

Plus you are putting good bacteria on your scalp. Maybe the coconut oil will help you. It helps me a great deal when I take it internally. Let us know how it works for you,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like fresh lemon juice. It really helped my hot burning neck.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...have had this literally for decades, and my mother before me.

Seems to be related to yeasts/fungus, could definitely be parasites, who knows. It's nasty.

Will try the yogurt/milk. Every time my scalp goes to sore, a little later the hair falls out.

new symptom, my nose tip got blackheads and is starting to go a little bulbous. I do believe this is related to parasite treatment. i am using MMS (Miracle Mineral)in the bath and some, internally.
*BugBit*

Posts: 116 | From Bisbee, AZ USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
learning721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for learning721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had it- and agree that it may be yeast or parasites

is your scalp itchy at all? This is another indicator i think- the coconut oil might help

tea tree oil is good but some people's scalps are sensitive to it and it can make things worse

there were some really good tips here- reminded me i need to keep eating my kefir and coconut oil!

Posts: 116 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laceyj
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this just regular milk?

yes, i have itching, and everytime it happens it looks thinner, and i dont see new hairs growing back?

does this ever go away? this is the most devasting symptom

i use a bar soap from sappo hill that is natural , one may have coconut oil in it, but then after a couple of weeks it gets oily

it seem to start one day i was getting my haircut and the shampoo he used was tingling greatly in my hair but i didnt think anything of it, it was regular shampoo, but then it got thinner, and later on the burning started, i cant hardly fix it, touch it, nevermind go back to the hair dresser to style it

i am very discouraged cause trying to kill the lyme has just made everything else mad i would assume

Posts: 187 | From FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Yes it is regular milk. BugBit, the symptons from your nose are most likely the parasites trying to exit.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this...in my case it was toxins and the pain was relieved instantly after coffee enemas

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement