LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Saying Goodbye to Antibiotics! Feels good and its time! Thank You + Blessings to All

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saying Goodbye to Antibiotics! Feels good and its time! Thank You + Blessings to All
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 14 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not Anti Antibiotics whatsoever.

They pulled me out of a dark dark place along with many integrative treatments.

I will say though that I do not think that If I ever took JUST antibiotics would have have gotten out of that dark place. Not at all. It was the integrative approach that helped me the most.

Now though I feel like my body is ready to go forward without the abx part and even any of the "killing" treatments at all.

I still have issues where I feel sicker on them and do not detox as fast as I need to. Though I now have a handle on that. Since Envita I have now detoxed out so much crap. I also can now feel when it is getting too much and know how to bring it down. After a decade this is like a real miracle to me. I used to feel bad all the time no matter what. On Abx and Off Abx even though On was much worse. I now am amazed how I can clear out that horrible toxic poisoned feeling.

For me who NEVER was able to EVER clear it out I am so grateful.!!! and Excited..

I feel I have gotten loads down of infections and now and even though this sounds backwards to some people here I am going for regulation of my immune system hormones and detox pathways etc.

Hey.. who says you can not do it in this order?

I am so grateful to be out of the deep dark hole of NEVER being able to feel relief and being bedridden 90 percent of the time and in severe pain.

I still have pain and fatigue. I still can not over do it. I still have post malaise. But I am not near as SICK and not near as much suffering.

Most might now know this but I relapsed in Jan 2008. It took me 8 years prior to that to slowly every year make progress. I have a chart and each year I crept up towards wellness.. After the relapse my doctor said it is much harder to treat and boy was I upset. That is why I went for a more aggressive approach because I did not want to try to creep up out of it again and take 8 and probably more years..

It has been totally worth it.

Even the success stories have their ongoing ups and downs and relapses and therefore I do not feel depressed or upset that I am not "cured" or in "remission" and I can say I have not yet ever been able to really say that.

Maybe someday

For now. My body is asking for no more abx and no more toxins and poisons. I knew and was very aware that the abx were toxic and when I was on IV abx my nails stopped growing and my skin stopped regenerating at all.. And I could feel my system just slowing way way down. I was even told by one doctor who did some testings that he felt my body was degenerating faster than it was regenerating. Thats not good. But I also felt the microbes being killed and the load lowering.

When I take or took breaks from abx I could feel my body starting back up as I was feeling better. Many symptoms have gone away totally and there are those couple stubborn ones that have not gone away even though they are less. I am thinking I would put myself into that Post Lyme Disease group and maybe have toxins left over just from what is left after treating this disease and all the microbes. Also i think I still have not been able to rid myself of the fry bug but I feel it is not as bad as it used to be.

So.. for me every day is detox detox detox. I started thread about what I do called the detox support thread. i am still doing those things and bought an ionic foot bath that is really helpful. Can not do without my baths still and lemon water and clean eating and lots of water etc. I use my rife machine just for detox now as I get no herx anymore from treating microbes. I do once in awhile run lyme babs bart and parasites and viruses etc and I still get no responses. Kinda amazing.

But when I run the detox and organ supports I feel better. My body needs as much organ support as it can.

Well anyway.

Good Bye to Antibiotics ... bye bye..
[spinning smile]

[ 08-03-2010, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: springshowers ]

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless and good luck to stay out of the darkness.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your inspirational story and I hope you continue on a path towards healing!
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay spring! good for you! Hoping that your healing continues....thanks for all of the useful info and thought provoking threads that you have started here.

Best,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck! Glad you are feeling better!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the best news to hear that your suffering has been greatly reduced and that you are on the road to recovery. Sending you lots of good healing energy and prayers. You are always in my thoughts.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Springshowers--what a refreshing name!

Thanks for starting that detox thread. Lots of good info.

I agree, it is so important to listen to our bodies and also our intuition.

I was in remission for one year--you can read my story under Lymenet "Success Stories" page 2. Anyway, I told my husband (after seeing the way he's improved on Dr. J's protocol in KS) that IF I ever needed to be treated for Lyme Disease I'd not go the ABX route again as I was so very sick; and even worse, I believe ABX has greatly compromised my immune system (and I have lab tests to prove it).

Little did I know that I'd have to make that "IF I ever" decision anytime soon...praying third times a charm!!

If interested in reading about it, below is the link (scroll to 02 May, 2010 10:34 PM)

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89968/3

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers,

I am so happy you feel better.
Yes the Fry bug is dangerous but hopefully we will be able to treat this bug in the near future.

Do you still recommend your footbath as I would order the same end of this week? Did you start with minutes in the beginning?

Karen

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for the kind words and support.

I already am so happy I am off Abx and can feel my body re adjusting. And Oh Yes is sure does affect your immune system. Big time. Listen to your body for sure.

I feel ready to do without the drugs and it feels really great to do so. That does not mean I did not need them to get down the loads. I think Detox is huge but when you have lots of infection and lots of toxins it can really make you feel very stuck.

Daisy.. Good Luck with your treatment and Sorry to hear you are on your 3rd time. Keep us informed!

Karenl .. I will answer your question in the detox thread.. ok.

Blessings...

Healing is a path and many bumps and winding windy places we end up at but also sunny spring days with birds chirping...

I have these love birds outside my window that chirp none stop. They have been very therapuetic to me.

I read on another thread once to never use the word lyme or use some sort of negative thing in your name. Many say they regret it. I had already chosen my name and I just smiled because I felt safe.. and I like my name and I love the spring and the flowers and the smells and the sounds and the air and the birds etc...My favorite time of the year..

And its now! : )

Blessings

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Spring,

I am very happy for you!! I hope that you will continue to logon to Lymenet to let us know how you are doing and what you are doing to have continued success.

You have had a long journey and I'm sure it will continue, hopefully with much less pain and discomfort.

I have learned so much from you. You have been an inspiration for many people. I am very grateful that I came across your posts on Lymenet.

Wishing you health and happiness always!

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always nice to go off antibiotics! Congrats. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildCondor:
It's always nice to go off antibiotics! Congrats. [Smile]

Yes, it is. Good luck and should you decide to do PSP therapy, hope you benefit much from it.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Spring!

out of curiosity...how long were you on IV abx? I really feel that in order for me to get over the hump, I am going to have to go there. But I want to be on them as short as possible!

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you!

I do think there comes a time when you just know its time to stop dousing yourself with chemicals. I also believe that sometimes what we are feeling is not the illness anymore, but the effects of treatment and the need for our bodies to begin to recondition.

Good luck! Hope you just feel better and better!

SG

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and congratulations!!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks thanks thanks.

Amanda.. I was on about 6 months of integrative treatments. Lots of IV abx but lots of lots of things.

If you would like to PM I can share more. It did take a quite aggressive approach to "budge" me from that dark hole and I am glad to be moving and even now moving past abx.

Lots to still work on but I am able to not live in a constant state of that blackness.

Thats enough for me to be happy about!!

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so happy you endured through the blackness to reach this place. Your perseverance paid off. God bless.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you pm to Amanda, could I get a copy?
I just tolerated 10 days flagyl 750 mg a day, great success for me. I also will check in the detox threat.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news SS!!!!

I will also comment on your post in the rife thread as well.

Once again we head down a similar path. At the end of 2010, I will be on abx for 2 yrs. I have made great progress, but feel that at the end of the year I would like to transition to herbs & rife and get off of abx.

I hope you continue to check-in from time to time so we can be inspired by your progress.

Congrats!

Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just recently been taken off antibiotics as well and am on herbal treatments. So far so good!

*fingers crossed* for both of us!

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Great News asummers that you feel your making progress and see that end.

Topaz. great that your off abx too..

Fingers crossed.

Funny thing.. While I was so sick and in bed all the time I had my laptop with me and I spent a lot of time (if I was not passed out) online and such.

I thought to myself.. "I wonder why those who feel better are on here less? I thought that if I felt better I would be on the forum and trying to type or read or help others more"

I now feel the opposite and now that I do have some energy in the day that if I am on here for more than a few minutes that I am doing myself a disservice. Because I have things I need and could be doing for my health.

Before I could barely move and there was not that choice.

So. anyway.

Even though I intend to be around. I actually feel that I have much to do to keep feeling better and I just can not spend as much time on the forum or reading or on the computer .. Period.

This is not so obvious to me and before it was not.

So this now is full circle and makes sense as to why many who feel better leave the forums. It is a natural thing to do.

Just thinking out loud.

I am sure I will be around but I already gave up the laptop about 3 months ago and no more computer in bed. That was a great feeling.

I used to have no choice because my bills would not be paid and also that was my only outlet.

Not anymore!

Yeah!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers, I'm so happy for you!!

There are various seasons in life. Enjoy this new one coming up with all your heart, soul, mind and strength!!

Blessings, yeah!!!!!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Springshowers, in your post-antibiotics healing!

Best Wishes,

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Still going strong!!

Each day is a new healing and forward motion.

NO More Abx for me still and I am feeling better and better. I still am working on fatigue and energy and post malaise as well as some pain.

But its all better than in a long time and getting better and better each day.

I am so glad to be out of the woods. I am being stick with diet and still detoxing a lot and the supportive therapies I was doing that so helped me.

I still get nervous about relapse and going backwards but Day by Day..

I keep on going. ....

I have been sleeping better than ever and I am getting up earlier and able to do more and last longer...

I still give myself that time and days to take it easy and making sure I do not overdo it.

Whew... What a feeling.

Thank you all for the support in the past year(s) and for all that you taught me along the way. I learned a lot from research and from reading and from asking questions and listening to your stories and experiences.

Thank You and Many Blessings.....

I thought I was not going to come out of the darkness and was sick a long time....

Keep the Faith Everyone. And Hang in there and keep trying..!!! Its worth it.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear you're doing well! [Smile] I guess Envita was well worth it!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Yep. It was for me. Big time. That was my turning point. But after having the flu and sepsis and getting treatment during and right after it has taken awhile for my body to settle in and down to what I got.. Not that long really.. Just an extra month or so and now I am getting better and better.

It was the OVERALL treatment and doing the FULL integrative approach and intensive IV s with IV abx too that really made me respond when nothing else was working for years.

I am so glad I went and so so glad I went..!! : )

littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy for you. And althought you might only spend a few minutes on the computer be sure to pop in and tell us how you are doing.

As you continue to get better I'm sure newcommers would love to hear that people have beat this and there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck to you!

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greengirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greengirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for sharing so much of yourself. Best to you!
Posts: 252 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can hear the joy and happiness in your words...keep following your instincts, as they will serve you well.

Thank you for sharing so much of all that you have learned through your journey. Just last night, went out with some friends (haven't done that in a while), and didn't take my antibiotics. It was late when I got home, so had the choice; abx, or detox. I chose supplements and detox.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy to hear of your success.......

Please keep us updated.

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Well

Its keeps going and going...

I have fear of "saying" it. That I am getting better. But each month that goes by no matter what I am going through and all the stresses lately for me..

Still making progress.

I have had a decade of the worst part of this illness and being bedridden for 90 percent plus of my time.

To not being bedridden any days at all

To working on quality of those days

To looking back and not quite believing it yet...

: )

BLESSINGS

I was so sure I was stuck forever as nothing was working. I tried so hard and did SO MUCH and that line and wall was so strong it would not break open even a crack for me.

Now I have broken down a full doorway and am walking through it with easy and no fear of time or of it closing back up..

Keep the Hope!! Do not give up!

jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers,

We don't know each other, but this is so inspiring! I'm so happy that you are in this much better place and living your life. [Smile]

Reading your words actually puts a little hope back into my day.

Wishing you all the best!

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
springshowers - Sharing your story gives me hope too!!

So happy to hear how well you are doing.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophie1234
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophie1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have a question regarding Envita: did you go to their facility, or do you just get supps etc. from them? Thanks!
Posts: 113 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring,

I'm late to this thread... are you on any herbs now?

Or you just quit abx's cold turkey?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hello

Glad it gives hope. I always held on to others stories when I was at my worst and truely it was hard to believe it would ever be me!!

BUT!! Believe it!

I went to the Clinic. I happen to live in the same state and town too.

I tapered from IV Abx to sub in some orals and then went to orals and after that pulsed and then off. Actually after the clinic that transition was quite fast over just about 4 months.

I had done the IVs so intensively I did not even react to the orals anymore.

I am doing rife. Also I am taking a few supplements but not the type to treat lyme per say. Things like vitamin D3 and B12 and still on probitics. I still do detox modalities as well.

So to answer you it was not cold turkey but it was not long and drawn out either.

After I stopped I am still improving and going through changes as my body adjusts. Its pretty cool.

I look forward to going to bed and to sleep.

I do not know how many remember my post on sleep not that long ago talking about how I feel worse during sleep and was still struggling with that. I was trying many things and even bed tilt therapy etc. Its so hard for me to say this but it was only a couple months ago and... kinda magically.. I am not having that horrible Sleep issues where I feel like I get worse every time I sleep...

I need to write a list because some things are moving along and I in manner that I am just kinda taken back. The sleep thing I thought would hold on for a lot longer. I mean that is how I was for over 10 years straight ....

Its hard to describe but I am gong to keep enjoying this.

What it truley feels like is when you bike ride up a BIG HUGE Hill and at that point when you get to the top and then ride / coast down after that home.

I AM Over the TOP of the HILL and Coasting and it feels even like I am going faster and faster and gaining momentum.

Just got to keep some brakes on so I do not crash at the end of the hill.. Right ha!

Thanks all

Blessings.

And Please Keep the Hope.!!!

I was told over and over I was a tough case and they still consider me that. I am still working on issues and I am not "cured" or normal.. Yet.

I am just so not at the back end of that dark mountain trying to climb up. I used to climb and fall back over and over and the more I tried the worse it seemed to get...

Know the feeling?

It can change.

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Spring.

Congrats

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about quality of life, so huge congratulations to you!

I wish you only the best!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats great... I was treated two months on abx got off and feel the same pretty much. Probably will be going back on at the end of the month but hoping to be making this same post in 6-8 months. Congratulations... now get off this stupid (JK) board and go have some fun!
Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMom Kellye
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMom Kellye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring, I am so happy for you. Tears are rolling down my face right now. Thanks for the hope and sharing your journey! This is such a nasty and dark journey that we're on. The valley's are so low, and it's not too often that we can reach the peaks.

Congrats and wellness to you!

Posts: 333 | From Lyme Here Too | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

THANK YOU ALL

I am still so GLAD I made the choices I did and so grateful for the fact I am out of the dark hole I was in.

I know everything is a risk but I know more now that jumping in and risking it all can pay off instead of being fearful and reluctant and worrying about what you may loose.

Also it verifies there is Nothing much to life if nothing at all without your health.

I am still so happy and doing well and even though still working hard to sustain my gains. I am not going to risk anything or risk going backwards for as much as I can control anyway and we all know there are things we can do even when things are going ok that could create the risk of going backwards again. This disease is not something that just ends. I do not believe that.

It is something that is always there but that has to be kept under control just like we learn about other infections that we are exposed to.

I am doing everything in my power to keep it in check and keep getting my body stronger and stronger so it gets easier and easier.

The Risk was worth it and I do not care if I have nothing at all that is a belonging or that I "own".

This is the ultimate life lesson about what is important and what is not.

Its amazing how little is a real "need" in our lives and how our perspective can grow way out of proportion and out of the realm of what is true and real in this life.

I hope that for some this helps them move forward.

I know some people in my life who are struggling with this concept. Even people with cancer who do not want to spend money on treatments. It kinda blow my mind and now that I have gone full circle I try to teach them all I have now learned and seen and experienced.

It has been liberating and cleansing and even a positive thing to let it all go or to let it be what it is and not hold on to anything but my health and me and my future..

I was a severe case and imagine being in bed moaning and groaning and barely able to take showers or go anywhere or do anything and it was just a horrible feeling every day to have to have the sun come up and not be able to be up with the world. To live in a bed literally. There was not much to it at all and it was to the point that I was not wanting to be in this world anymore. I was ready for God to take me and to join those who went before me that I was close to. I talked to them all the time and told them I wanted to come where they were.

I honestly wanted it even and hoped for it and even was planning ways for it to happen. It was a major part of my daily thoughts. I was so ready.

I am still not afraid of death. This whole horrible illness has helped me not be afraid at all. I learned that it is ok and that it will come and how to embrace it.

But now.. I am not ready anymore.. and I am ready for a new future and a new life and new love and new experiences.

I have some time before I just jet off to travel the world but believe me I will.

Blessings all. And thanks for always being there and being a group of people who watched out for one another and still do and you all care so much and make sure those in the hospital and such are kept track of and people offer up one another to each other in any way you possibly can even when you yourself is hurting and sick.

God Bless and Keep You and most of all Heal You

Blessings

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really love a success story when ever we can get one here. This disease has taken a lot from many people but some do get their life back, and come out a wiser person in the process.

Congratulations, and well done. Enjoy yourself.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring, I tried to PM you but your box was full.

I'm so glad you are so much better and have turned a corner with your treatment. I feel detox is a key for me and many of us who are taking so long (years) to slowly improve. Your detailed posts about your progress helps and I really appreciate that you've taken the time to provide them for all of us.

I checked out Envita and was dismayed to hear the person in their video (a testimonial) explain that lyme is a virus that doubles every month. Just thought you would want to perhaps contact them since you were a patient and may know someone who would be open to listening. It makes them seem really uneducated regarding lyme disease. She's out there telling everyone about the "lymes" disease virus.
http://www.envita.com/sections/disease/

Also, her story raises suspicions because she starts out saying that her husband passed away and then she figured out that she had lyme disease through Envita, then after months of treatment she woke up one morning and her husband was just about rounding out the door from the master bedroom and she told him that she was better. huh? I thought her husband passed away? hmmmm..... She sounds really confused.

Take care and be well,
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi Terry. Good Point on the Video. Someone really dropped the ball on that one. I have had it in my mind to talk to them about it all.

If you dig deeper though you will find detailed Lyme Videos done by the director that are very detailed and accurate and also that have visuals that educate and explain. Also that talk about how their concept of treatment makes sense to them and compares to others and why others fail.

I think that either the director was out of the loop or they just let it go. They do a lot of cancer treatments and protocols and they work hard on clinical trials and treating cancer and I think the lyme protocols ended up coming along after certain doctors came on board and as well they got lots of calls from lyme patients and they then got a full protocol developed for them. They used Fry labs as well and as part of the protocol to address biofilms too. But the full part of the protocol was integrative and intensity. I have not found that anywhere else really and Felt that is what I needed. My case was just so hard to break through and I was suffering so badly. I just had to like "go for it" ya know? And the detox stuff they provided some and the more I did the more I realized how important it was.. And still do. And am still doing it aggressively

Thanks for the comments and support. I am in touch with them still and I still get some of my supplements there that I feel are top notch.

I think I will take you up on the idea and give them a talk about the video thing. Thanks ...

Blessings..

PS I will check my mail box. I had just cleared it out so not sure when you tried to PM But will check again.
Were you going to PM about what you wrote here?

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring I hope you don't run off---But I am glad you feel good about getting off the antibiotic road...

It acares me to think about it right now so your life lessons are invaluable to those who hit the speed bumps...

God Bless.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy to hear your good news! It is so reassuring to read stories like yours. Thank you for sharing your story.

That darkness...there's really no way to describe it, but we all know what it's like. You wonder when (I never say "if") it will go away. The path to wellness isn't easy (or cheap!) and it's different for everyone.

My family has been through hell and back the past several years. Someday soon I hope to write that everyone is well. We are clawing our way out of that awful darkness and are finally seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. It's a good feeling.

Best of luck to everyone reading.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

That is amazing news! Best wishes for continued recovery.
onbam
Unregistered

That is amazing news! Best wishes for continued recovery.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement