LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Herbal Tea recommendations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herbal Tea recommendations
eightybarb
Member # 24968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eightybarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like drinking something hot when it is cold out side.But I don't want to drink Coffee or Tea as I stopped those. In my world Tea means prepared with Tea powder and milk. So I stopped drinking that and don't want to introduce again. [Smile]

I would love to hear from the users of herbal teas that can help during herx, can detox can give you a good feeling. Let me know where can I buy.

Thank you,
Barb

Posts: 96 | From Germantown | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
So, if you don't want real tea and you don't want tea powder (as in herbal granules?) . . . you want herbal teas from leaves?

Not for "detox" exactly but just for how it tastes, I love, love, love YOGI TEA's CHAI GREEN. Green Tea is very good in many ways. The spices of the chai, also add value.

Not sure who makes it (probably Yogi or Traditional Medicinals), but there is a "Daily Detox Tea" that is very tasty and helpful.

Trader Joe's has a nice White Tea Pomegranate -- and also a very nice Organic Spiced Rooibos RUBY RED CHAI (though it is not as wonderful as the Yogi Chai Green).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightybarb
Member # 24968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eightybarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I am fine with Tea powder or tea from leaves.

The tea powder I am having at home is a regular tea powder I bought from an Asian store. Someone told me that it contains Floride.

Barb

Posts: 96 | From Germantown | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Good point. I just learned of that last week - that fluoride is used in processing many teas (and fluoride can be neurotoxic).

Organically processed teas should not have that problem but it's sure something to learn more about.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightybarb
Member # 24968

up
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have enjoyed a wide selection of ready-bought tea alternatives and have also made some myself from bought herbs or gathered [nettle].

Nettle is a good all-rounder and can be mixed with chamomile as a good bedtime or anti-hayfever drink.

Good old peppermint is satisfying to have after a meal; fennel tea is also anti-parasite and good for the stomach ; chamomile is another good tea for the stomach and before bed, as it is calming; lemon and ginger is delicious and warming, good for circulation; I also like the spicy herb teas with cinnamon.

As a good tea-tasting drink, redbush/rooibush tea is great, either with rice milk [if you're non-dairy] or a slice of lemon. I also like Tulsi [Holy Basil] tea, which sort of reminds me of hot coke! It's pleasant and has a lot of health benefits.

[ 05-19-2010, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: ukcarry ]

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightybarb
Member # 24968

Thank you

UP

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy the yogi teas also. One of my favorites is

Green Tea Kombucha Decaf and the daily detox...
has a great flavor.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink Nettle tea for grounding and to help with inflammation. It has a very earthy smell and flavor. A bit weighty. Is taken for inflammation.

I drink Milk Thistle tea which is a very light tea, for friendship to my liver. I also drink Dandelion tea for general liver and detoxification. The dandelion tea has a very distinct flavor.

Ginger tea is most often helpful for me when I am nauseas or having stomach issues. I not usually a big fan of wanting to drink it, but whenever I do, it helps. (most times)

I drink Licorice tea in the morning for adrenal support. It is one of those acquired tastes for me, although some people love the taste immediately.

Dong quai is my trusty stand by every two weeks to help with my cycle. During the summer I boil it then turn it into iced tea.

Slippery Elm is good for the abdomen and I drink that sometimes.

I'd say I drink the dong quai consistently and the others simply on an as needed basis.

Then there is the Green tea, of course, which in summer I make as an iced tea.

I use Yogi, Traditional Medicinals, Alvita and the actual herbs.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to include a tea made from lemon balm, which many people have lots of in their gardens, as it seeds itself rapidly: it makes a delicious tea that is refreshing in hot weather and was also soothing for me for palpitations.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink a Detox Tea from Triple Leaf

It's great.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriemay1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauriemay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you guys drink your detox teas? Do you drink them plain, no milk and sugar? My daughter bought the Yogi Detox Tea - she HATES the taste and smell of it... but won't add milk/sugar because of the sugar content. Just curious how she can get it down. Thanks!
Posts: 163 | From Central New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eightybarb, Barry Farm Foods has a great line up of organic teas! I drink the dandelion tea for kidney support and to stay regular. (It tends to be bitter if you let it steep too long.)

Take a look:

www.barryfarm.com

Also, their beet relish is sooo good, but expensive when you add shipping.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightybarb
Member # 24968

Thank you all for the inputs. I will try the various tea flavours that you have given.
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Barb,

One more I didn't see mentioned is Celestial Seasonings detox tea. I think it's called AM Detox, or something like that. It has milk thistle and other herbal goodies and a light vanilla flavor.

Most of the time when I want something warm to drink, I just drink a cup of hot water. For me it's very satisfying.

Of course it's best if you start with good-tasting water. I filter my tap water, which tastes very good to me, in a filter pitcher to remove the chlorine.

I wish we could all mail you a bag of our favorite tea so you could try them all and pick your favorites.

Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightybarb
Member # 24968

It's so nice of you Nutmeg. You made me smile. However getting the name is almost the same as getting a tea bag of your taste.

Thank you,
Barb

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement