LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Who has/has had cardiac symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who has/has had cardiac symptoms?
sian333
Member # 26198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sian333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it common to have tachycardia when you're infected.

My doctor told me I had mitral valve prolapse but I never had it before...

I have episodes or rapid heart beat every few weeks, strong beats, then sometimes slow beats but hard. My heart often speeds up a lot after food. (about 110bpm) and when it goes rapid it's gotten upto 170bpm +. It usally passes quickly, but then sits at 100bpm for a while until relaxing right back down.

Have seen a cardiologist and given all clear on my heart, he said nothing was abnormal other than the valve which he said was ''trivial'' and not anything to even worry about.

Can this happen with Lyme or co infections? My first symtpoms were VERY sore neck, then cardiac symptoms which are still happening. Very sore joints, weak arms and legs now.

I've been to ER 3 x over the rapid pulse. It goes nuts! I'm over it. Don't want to take beta blockers.

Has anyone had anything similar? I feel so...alone [Frown]

Posts: 51 | From Australia | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You may be low in magnesium.

Sorry, no energy to comment but this should help. Good luck.

========

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/77325

Topic: To everyone with cardiac symptoms please read !
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes very common I have it and many many others on this site. You may have POTS a dysautonomia of the autonomic nervous system.

You should have orthostatics done. B/P and pulse recordings lying down, sitting and the standing. Do some research I believe you have to pause 2 min between each position testing. This looks for POTS which is a disorder in the vagus nerve between the brain and heart.

What usually happens is the blood pressure drops and the body recognizes and is tricked into thinking more blood is needed to the brain, so the heart beats faster to respond.

Everybodys heart speeds up after eating, this is normal. The stomach fills with blood and heart rate increases this starts the digestive process.

Here is a link to POTS:

http://www.dinet.org/

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ott70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ott70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I have many. Was just dealing with left jaw and shoulder pain this morning when I woke up, not to mention the usual heart skips and some chest pain.

And then I went and played 2.5 hours of vigorous volleyball this evening because I want to at least do something I'm enjoying if I keel over.

Go figure. While I believe my symptoms are cardiac-related, running around and jumping a lot would suggest I wasn't feeling some small heart attack like many of my symptoms make me feel.

Posts: 194 | From Colorado | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot of irregular beats as well as some tachycardia. Have you wore a 24 hr holter monitor? It's a good idea. I do take a beta blocker, atenolol and have no more problems.----with feeling weird heartbeats. Gots lots of other problems though.
Posts: 383 | From Ar | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have exactly the same thing. I have had it checked out and it is just a fast sinus rhythm. It accompanies infection, and should subside (so they tell me) when the infection is treated.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sian333
Member # 26198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sian333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a holter monitor and it showed nothing abnormal.

I've had stress tests and numerous ECG's, blood tests for heart enzymes, which have always come back completely normal.

Thanks for all your responses =)

I too just have a fast sinus rhythm, they haven't been able to find SVT or any other arrhythmia. I feel my heart gradually speed up, which means it's a normal sinus rhythm.

One thing I've noticed is my electrolyte minerals are often a bit funky. Sometimes too much of one mineral and not enough of the other...but I eat a very balanced diet. It's what first led me to think I may have some bacteria feeding off me...

I start abx tomorrow, will keep you all posted.

<3

Posts: 51 | From Australia | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before being diagnosed on 5/3 I noticed my pusle was very fast. Upwards of 170 bpm when I would try to exercise...that was after only 2-3 minutes of cardio.

Before Lyme, I would usually top out at 150 or so after 30 minutes.

It seems a bit better now, but I"m only in day 25 of treatment.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
In addition to the suggestions in the cardiac thread above, Magnesium and D3 are often great help to the heart. Listed in last set below:
--------------

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease (Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses

Dr. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines (2008) - 37 pages

------------
As important as any supplements, sections regarding self-care:

Go to page 27 for SUPPORTIVE THERAPY & the CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES

and also pages 31-32 for advice on a safe, non-aerobic exercise plan and physical rehabilitation.

----------------------
This is included in Burrascano's Guidelines, but you may want to be able to refer to it separately, too:

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

** Nutritional SUPPLEMENTS in Disseminated Lyme Disease **

J.J. Burrascano, Jr., MD (2008) - Four pages
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshzz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshzz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had many symptoms over the years including the usual suspects: fast heartbeat, slow heartbeat, lots of palpitations. And the more complicated such as atrial fibrillation, cardiogenic syncope, etc.--- and my wife has had numerous bouts of super ventricular tachycardia
Posts: 107 | From new jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was diagnosed with an enlarged heart. i don't know whether or not it was caused by lyme.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joyful
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...I have MVP and have been told I have a murmmer too. tachycardia is something I deal with too. I've noticed though, that usually I am feeling it because I've over done it.

If I lay down and sleep for a few hours I usually end up feeling better when I get up...

--------------------
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
Psalm 139:14
http://confessionsofalymie.wordpress.com/

Posts: 113 | From down South | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshzz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23526

Icon 6 posted      Profile for joshzz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At times in my life, I've suffered from a broken heart.
Posts: 107 | From new jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smileynot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smileynot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dealt with going to the ER 3 times.. the first one.. I magically had blood clots on my lungs, after singing at a session the day before. I know that 90% of folks with Lyme will deal with clotting issues, because Lyme thickens the blood. Ask your LLMD about giving you blood thinner, Heperin shots to thin the blood, which is suppose to help the blood to get the meds where they are going faster.
Posts: 120 | From nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium cures my heart issues.

My question is... will I have to take high doses of magnesium forever?

Or after treating yme (assuming successfully)... will things return to "normal?"

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement