LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone tried this machine? Asyra PRO - update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone tried this machine? Asyra PRO - update
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been tested on this type of machine? Did it tell you anything?

http://www.asyra.co.uk/technology

Bio-energetic or Electro-dermal testing devices allow us to assess using galvanic skin response (changes in the electrical resistance of the skin) the state of the acupuncture meridians and therefore of the energetic health of the body. It also allows us, and this is where the real power of the technology lies, to assess how the body will respond to a huge number of different remedies or other substances.

I am usually very skeptical about this stuff but since my super scientific MD just got this machine and tells me it's amazing I am going to give it a try.

It gives you a print out of everything that is wrong with body and what the remedy is.

[ 06-29-2010, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Haley ]

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using this since January ... and... wow, the things it comes up with is quite remarkable. You get a homeopathic that is supposed to correct the problems.. so far, I havent noticed much in that way... but what it comes up with is pretty crazy, and I have sat there many times with my jaw on the ground because I couldnt believe holding two metal rods could tell me the information that it does.

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my entire family is going to a homeopathic nurse who tests us with it every 5 to 6 weeks. It is remarkable and I think is a very, very useful tool in treating something like Lyme since the blood testing is so inaccurate and you often are shooting in the dark with regard to your meds or herbs.

When we first went to her, my kids were all on antibiotics and I used it to determine their abx protocols. But finally, when I saw that the machine kept showing the herbal products working better than the abx for the lyme and coinfections, I gradually phased out the abx. Several of the abx tested as doing nothing. Perhaps they worked in the beginning, since my kids did improve on them. But they plateaued in the second year of treatment and I started to look at other therapies.

The nurse we see uses some of the Cowden protocol as well as homeopathic products. She says Dr. Cowden uses a machine like this. The products that test well for us on the machines are Samento, Cumanda, Enula, grapefruit seed extract, cryptolepsis. Noni and Mora tested well for some of us for babesia but not for others. It shows how everyone needs different products.

You can do a search for a post I did a few months ago called "why I am starting to believe in electrodermal screening" or something like that. There is a bunch of info in that post.

Glad you found it. I am so amazed by this that if I ever get my family well, I plan to get one of these machines and get trained on it. It will be useful to have for the rest of our lives. And it just may be a new career for me. I want to help others going through this nightmare.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, great info tickbattler.

I will look for the other post. Did you bring your herbal products and abx to the appointment to be tested?

Also, may I ask how much you paid for the test? Just curious.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great machine !

Have been using one for over ten years. Organ stress, allergies, bacteria, parasites, viruses, mold etc. Can also help tell what supplements should help the most.

Finding some things can prompt you to look for others.

Great for kids too - play detective with you, get them involved.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophie1234
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophie1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the same as Ondemed? And is it covered by insurance? If not, any cost ballpark would be appreciated. (per session)
Posts: 113 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bring meds, herbs, supplements, probiotics, etc. to the appointment. They all can be tested. My kids are now having food allergies and the machine can tell me what things they are allergic to. You can even bring in a tick if you get a tick bite and see what infections it carries!

It's really hard to believe. And it is so far, far beyond mainstream medicine, I just can't comprehend why these machines are not approved by FDA in this country. We are so behind.

My practitioner charges $90/hour and it is worth every penny. Very cheap compared to LLMD's.

By the way, my kids are actually improving much faster on the herbs than they did on the abx, consistent with what the machine showed.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

This is not covered by insurance. My doc is asking $400. That may be just for an initial visit. I have no idea what the going rate is.

I should mention that the reason my doctor bought this machine is that he had a very sick young Lyme patient that seemed almost hopeless (my doctor is a VERY hopeful and very good doctor). He said that the boy went to Germany to use this machine. My doc could not believe his eyes when he saw the boy again. He was perfectly well. It's not the machine that heals a person but rather a tool to get a better diagnosis of what is going on. Hopefully it helps this to be less of a guessing game.

I'll keep you posted, there is another post by tickbattler that has a lot of information.

massman
Unregistered

$400 - YEOOOOW ! I used to charge $80 - 90 for the first and $50 for followups.

If other family members were involved their prices were lower.

Supplements per case averaged $75 per person for 3 bottles per month.

tick battler
Member # 21113

I think those machines cost close to $20,000. Is that right massman? I guess an LLMD or MD would charge more than others. He has to be very careful though, or he could lose his medical license by using this machine in the USA. I think that's one reason why most LLMD's don't use them.

tickbattler

massman
Unregistered

Used to be that expensive, not really sure what they are now. Maybe $10,000 ?

One reason no ins coverage may be that some of the testing points are acupuncture points ?

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The machines are made in the USA. I think they are approved by the FDA. I guess most doctors are conditioned that stuff like this is unscientific or hocus pocus...? Who knows why they don't use them.

I was tested with one from using a hair sample. It didn't seem all that accurate for me. I was having a pretty bad parasite problem & it completely missed it. Maybe it would have been more accurate if I was there in person...?

The herbal supplements didn't seem to do much. I took them for a month or 2 maybe 3. I was very open to it. I was kind of surprised when it was not so accurate with me.

In some cases, I think when people decide to get off of abx & try something different - it helps just to detox from the drugs. Maybe using a machine like this gives people confidence in trying a different approach...?

Just some thoughts based on my experience. I wouldn't pay $400 a visit. It's too much. This doctor is gouging people. I guess MDs can charge what they like if people will pay it.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

sparkle - it was my impression that the machines are not approved in the USA for the diagnosis of disease. Where did you hear they were approved as a medical device?

I am not sure how you could have been tested by using a hair sample. When we are there, the practitioner needs to have us hold a metal cylinder in one hand and then uses a probe on the other hand so that the machine can go through the body to look for blockages.

Also, if the practitioner does not check for parasites, then they would be missed. I have heard from others that the skill of the practitioner is very important or the machines will not be useful.

tickbattler

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the manufacturer's website -

http://www.asyra.com/asyraPROFAQ.html

The Asyra� system is designed to help you apply bioenergetic principles and practices in just a few minutes to evaluate patients in an entirely new way. Health care practitioners new to the field of bioenergetic medicine often have questions about the Asyra system and about the field in general. Following are some of the most common:

Q. Is the Asyra system registered with the FDA?

A. Yes. The Asyra is registered as a Class II medical device.

-----

The chiro in UT that I consulted with said it would work from using a hair sample. Maybe he was incorrect...?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

I still don't think it can be officially used to diagnose disease...it is my understanding that there is a difference between registering a medical device and getting approval for a specific use.

My practitioner just mentioned today that anyone using this device for diagnosis of disease could get into trouble.

tickbattler

sparkle7
Member # 10397

It has the same classification as an X-ray machine. Chiropractors use them... Don't know what any other issues may be.

It may depend on the state. In my state, all natropathic medicine is illegal. Doctors who practice natropathic medicine can get jail time & a fine.

They sell vitamins, herbs & supplements in stores here... Go figure?

massman
Unregistered

Some practitioners test hair samples on a type of "plate" that attaches to the machine.
I do not know much about it.

ND licensing is not national. IME it is political - probably other health pros feeling threatened. In some states chiros oppose NDs getting licensed. If I recall correctly that is how it was in OH when I was there.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

South Carolina & Tennessee are the only states that have laws where NDs can get jail time. It's pretty backward. In some ways, I think it decreases possible revenue from medical tourism by having NDs being illegal here.

The weather is nice for much of the year. If they had more facilities for alternative health care - people would come. They want people to come here to retire... It's just ignorant.

Someone I know said it's because they think people who use herbs are witches & it's the Bible Belt.... SC is like it's own country in some ways. I like it here but some of the thinking about things is just antiquated.

massman
Unregistered

Don't the flags of South Carolina + Tennessee have the same sayings on them - "You Ain't Dragging Us Out of the Past" ?

So that is why they don't have to think or feel too much today. Perhaps this is where "modern medicine" was born + raised ?

Poor things...

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Well, it's an interesting mix here... We have the Confederate Flag flying adjacent to the capitol building but we just elected a Black mayor.

The history is definitely an issue. It's quite colorful, actually... I never realized it living up north.

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOD is SO GOOD! Hooray! Thank you all on this thread!

I've been very interested in getting some type of holistic energy testing, so just did a websearch on this machine in my state and found:
(DRUMROLL, all!)

An Asyra Certified Natural Health Professional IN MY LLMD-free COUNTY! [woohoo]

I am so psyched! Have appt for Monday!

1st visit is $160 + $20 for imprint (vibrational liquid that the machine makes, to be taken 2x/day)

Next visits are $95 + $20.

Sound good? Please give me any/all advice and 2 cents on this. I'm goin' on faith and I'll report back. [Cool]

Bless you all!
BIG Smile

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tick battler:
my kids were all on antibiotics and I used it to determine their abx protocols. But finally, when I saw that the machine kept showing the herbal products working better than the abx for the lyme and coinfections, I gradually phased out the abx. Several of the abx tested as doing nothing. Perhaps they worked in the beginning, since my kids did improve on them. But they plateaued in the second year of treatment and I started to look at other therapies.

The nurse we see uses some of the Cowden protocol as well as homeopathic products. She says Dr. Cowden uses a machine like this. The products that test well for us on the machines are Samento, Cumanda, Enula, grapefruit seed extract, cryptolepsis. Noni and Mora tested well for some of us for babesia but not for others. It shows how everyone needs different products.

Dear, wise Tick Battler,
Would you suggest i bring several, or all, of the supplements and Rx meds i have been taking?

Is it similar to muscle testing for allergies when you hold the item and see if you are strong enough to keep your arm from being pushed down? So i'd hold a bottle of herbal caps and get a reading?

Forgot to ask about that when i made my appt. I'll save up my questions and call back Mon am.

Thank you!
Smile

tick battler
Member # 21113

Hi Smile,
I am not sure how your practitioner uses the machine, but you might want to bring everything you are taking (or thinking about taking) in case it can be tested against the infections or just to see if you have any allergies to the meds.

Sometimes when we test something, it will show that the body does not want it. Other times, we can put an herb on the metal plate (while you are holding a metal cylinder linked to the plate) and then the practitioner can click on different infections listed in the computer to see if it works with them. It is so interesting.

My practitioner uses the EDS 2000 which I think has been around longer than the Asyra. She said she likes her machine better but that Dr. Cowden is currently using the Asyra.

Glad you found a practitioner! Did you check to see how long they have been doing this? I have heard many times that the skill of the practitioner is essential. I know a friend who had it done with someone who never picked up on her lyme disease before she was diagnosed. It was a complete waste of money for her, but the practitioner was not very good.

I would not tell your practitioner too much about which meds you herxed on, etc, so that you can see if your hunches are consistent with what the machine shows. This can help you determine if your practitioner knows what she is doing. You might read my thread that I mentioned above, as I go into detail about it there too.

For example, my 3 children have recently started developing many food allergies and just a couple of weeks ago one of my boys had an episode where his stomach blew up and hurt so much he couldn't walk for a couple of hours. I knew it was either from the spelt bread or cereal bar with oats he had eaten for lunch. When I took him for electrodermal testing this past week, I asked her to check for allergies, not mentioning the episode. She was shocked to see he had developed a spelt allergy, which she said was very rare. Oats were fine, which is what I had expected because I had given him oats after the episode and his stomach was fine.

Hope this helps!

tickbattler

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

I cannot search for tickbattler's old thread this week, but would like to find it.

My new practioner called me this a.m. to suggest i bring along supplements, if i'd like. This office got the machine & training 2 yrs exp and is aware of Lyme & co's.

Thank you all.
Smile

tick battler
Member # 21113

Here's the thread in case you want to read it:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89559#000000

Smile and Haley - let us know how the appointments go!

tickbattler

lajamur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lajamur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have the same question as sophie --

is it the same as or similar to ondamed?

my LLMD is getting an ondamed machine and wants me to start using it.

http://www.ondamed.net/web/

--------------------
Symptoms since age 4
IGM positive Western Blot (Bb)
PCR positive Spiro Stat (Anaplasma)
Suspect babs and bart

Posts: 226 | From Currently in Los Angeles, originally from Malvern, PA. | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Yes, I will give an update. I believe my appointment is 6/29. Hopefully the machine doesn't explode or something with all of my infections;)
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not familiar with ondamed, but it appears different from the Asyra Pro.

http://www.asyra.com/asyraPROSystem.html

I am thrilled with the results from my Asyra PRO assessment! It was amazing, fun, and very useful. My "operator" was wonderful.

I received a 4-pg report on my bioenergetic pathways and which ones had imbalances (stressed or weakened).

I was exceptionally impressed with the Bach Flower Essences that the Asyra PRO selected to re-establish balance due to emotional stressors. Hit the nail on the head again & again!

My session lasted more than 2 hours because I was also able to assess numerous herbs & supplements. This will be a cost-saver! I was able to decern some unopened products to return now because my body finds them "disresonant."

The bottle of homeopathic drops with my specially tailored vibrational imprint seem helpful already. I had numerous situations turn for the better since the session. I will go back in 5 wks!

I have barely begun to process all that took place, but i trust my new LLMD will appreciate this report, too.

Smile

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by tick battler:
[QB] I bring meds, herbs, supplements, probiotics, etc. to the appointment. They all can be tested. My kids are now having food allergies and the machine can tell me what things they are allergic to.[QB]

Just fyi, the Asyra PRO office i worked with does NOT handle, test, assess or discuss ANY antibiotics or Rx meds of any kind. ymmv. Be sure to ask your operator before your appt so you know what to bring or not. State laws vary.

Like tick battler, I was able to get personalized assessments of the herbs, supplements, probiotics, and even OTC meds. Most stunning was that those supplements that the machine registered as my body wanting to retore balance would also get dosing info! Ex.: Vit E 200 mg capsules, Asyra PRO dectected my body wants 1 cap/day but 6 caps/day L-Lysine this week.

Note the assessment is of your body at a particular point in time. So dosing this week may be different than readings i will get in 5 weeks. Like peeling back an onion, i'll try to eliminate some imbalances, only to then go to the next level to address other stressed systems.

I understand the office i work with may be inclined to test me for food allergies next.

This machine detected bioenergetic stressors from environmental exposures to chemicals from work i did decades ago, and another problem from an illness acquired overseas! Amazingly useful!

Haley
Member # 22008

Oh my Gosh! I have to pause because I am still picking my jaw up off the floor after getting my results from this machine. I am usually very skeptical about these things.

My doctor actually has 2 machines. I think the other one is called the GDV which measures the energy in your body through the gases that are emitted from the skin.

The Asyra tests for very specific bacteria and Fungi. One of my highest scores was on Borrelia Turicatae but I also tested high for BB. Turicate is a European strain. I also tested positive for bartonella Grahami and Babesia Pantherae. This was just a small portion of over 3 pages of information on the comprehensive test.

I also wanted to see if it picked up anything on my teeth/jaw. Of course I didn't mention this to my doctor. It told me the specific teeth that I am having problems with. I am considering pulling these teeth so I was blown away when I saw this.

The machine also told me about food allergies and other allergies. In addition to that I got a hormone profile showing which hormonal imbalances I have. I also got a neurotransmitter profile that showed neurological imbalances.

The office drew my blood to check the items that were high.

My doctor told me about the last person he tested. she tested highest on Legionellosis. He said that he would not have thought to test her for that as it is very rare. The blood test showed that she did indeed have Legionellosis.

I imagine that many doctors offices will be carrying this in the future once they see how it works. Amazing!

[ 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Haley ]

kateaton
Member # 24871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kateaton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not familiar with the specific machine that you're talking about. But I just started seeing a doctor who does electro-dermal testing. He has a waiting list of over 500 people from all over the world.

I brought in all my meds and supplements. I did not test well for any antibiotics, but several of the herbals tested well, including some of the Cowden stuff.

He also tested me for over 60 foods. He said that I am allergic to absolutely every food. he believes that is the basis for chronic fatigue and autoimmunity, also many cancers. The majority of his patients have cancer. He has developed his own homeopathic drops that allow me to eat some things. Even with those I am still sensitive to a great deal.

He also could tell me exactly which supplements my body needed and in exact amounts.

So, it sounds like you're on a good path with that kind of testing. I too was very skeptical of this dr. and his methods. I met someone at my church who was a close personal friend of his and he had saved her husbands life. He was also a missionary in Africa for many years and studied under Linus Pauling... very interesting guy.

Posts: 98 | From NH | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really believe in these machines, but you will find a lot of information on the internet saying these are quackery.

First test: Vitamin E out of range - confirmed low Vitamin E

The test I had today: Recommended Kava Kava. I am having a flare and feel more anxious than normal. I was wondering in my head if it would come up with anything for anxiety. Highest recommendation was Kava Kava. I used to take it all the time and I really like it.

Did it coincidentally recommended Kava Kava when it felt like I was crawling out of my skin? Maybe so, but if the machine is bogus, it was a damn good guess. I wasn't having physical symptoms of anxiety such as increased heart rate, etc.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Let us know how it goes after a few months... That's the real test.

I had some reactions after taking the supplements that were recommended when I had my Asyra test. Overall, it didn't really do much in the long run.

Maybe it would have been different if I was there in person? Or I had a more Lyme literate practitioner?

I started doing my own medical dowsing after that. It's going pretty well but it's hard to tell for sure. All of this healing takes time. Especially, if you are focusing on herbs rather than drugs.

Haley
Member # 22008

I will update in a month.

I am not necessarily doing this so that I can have a homeopathic remedy although I am completely willing to try the tincture that was given. He gave it to me to supplment my current protocol.

For me this confirms which bacteria or fungus is high on the list and what needs to be treated. These tests can also be confirmed with blood tests. My doctor believes in natural remedies but he also has an IV room and does IV abx.

I imagine my protocol will be a combination of medicine and natural remedies. It will be a matter of which infection to focus on. For example, I found out I have lots of fungal infections. Now I know why I feel so much better when I take Diflucan.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did this too 2 or 3 years ago now. Didn't have a lot of luck with this protocol.

I tested having emotional trauma that was blocking most anything they thought they could give me.

I kept testing negative for their treatments.

I ended up having B.E.S.T. body work done and after spending so much money on the above and B.E.S.T. decided to recoup my finances.

Don't really understand what happened but the naturalpath wasn't able to help me until the emotional work was done first.

Good luck!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

The naturopath did not know how to do emotional work ?

IME emotional imbalances can be the root of many physical problems. Unfortunately many people will not / cannot / are unable to deal with emotional imbalances.

There are some posts here that mention EFT which I feel is an excellent way to help yourself.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

When I first became ill, I thought it might be psychosomatic. I went to a very good psychotherapist but it wasn't psychosomatic.

There are real pathogens out there. Psychotherapy may be helpful but alot of what we are dealing with is physical not mental. I don't think the mind could make someone as ill as many of the people here are.

Everyone on the planet goes through some kind of trauma. Stress reduction is helpful & uncovering hidden "stuff" is useful. If we have mercury poisoning, Bb, co-infections, viruses, etc. - going to a shrink isn't going to relieve it.

I've been to some doctors who told me to pray & I would get better... Or that I could change my mindset I could heal myself. I don't believe that. If a person is bombarded by pathogens & toxins - no amount of thinking or changing one's mindset is going to heal it. It's all just "magical thinking".

It does help to have a positive outlook & try things to help brain function like meditation, etc. I just don't think that we can think our way out of something that may be bio-warfare gone wrong.

There's a physical & a mental component... Possibly a spiritual component, too. All are important to address.

massman
Unregistered

Are you making assumptions that EFT is psychotherapy ?
sparkle7
Member # 10397

kday - thanks for reminding me about kava... I forgot about it. Seems there was some liver toxicity reports & I stopped taking it a while back. Seems that the toxicity was from using the stems & leaves in the extract. If you just use the roots like they do traditionally - it's not an issue.

---

I tried EFT, too. It wasn't something I was into... It was a bit temporary. The practitioner that I knew seemed to think it was a big deal. Just my opinion... Some people may like it.

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Haley:
http://www.asyra.co.uk/technology

Bio-energetic or Electro-dermal testing devices allow us to assess using galvanic skin response (changes in the electrical resistance of the skin) the state of the acupuncture meridians and therefore of the energetic health of the body. It also allows us, and this is where the real power of the technology lies, to assess how the body will respond to a huge number of different remedies or other substances.

Dear Haley,
I will remain ever-grateful that you started this thread! [kiss]

When I re-read the assessment sheets (6 pages) I received from my local technician, I am still amazed at the things that were detected.

Thrilled...Awed...

I hope to provide more details after my second assessment in a few wks.

Smile

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It great to see others taking advantage of these EDS machines. I did several years back, it was the start of my road to recovery. [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

I am still in the process of having these items confirmed with blood tests. Of course I can't have them all confirmed with blood tests.

The bottom line is if I truly have some of these things, I may have been treating Lyme for several years and not gotten better.

I don't know if I'm convinced that the tincture given is doing anything but finding out what infections I have is invaluable.

If I confirm that some of the results are positive, I may buy one of these machines.

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

^ esp for RESOLVED! Asyra PRO is so helpful for me.
un_ptit_gars
Member # 24307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for un_ptit_gars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

I think too that the asyro pro is a great machine, it really seems to be! But i am asking myself, is there anyone who has tried to buy one? I was not able to know the exact price for buying one, is someone here who knows?

Thank you!

Renaud

Posts: 15 | From FRANCE | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

$12,000 USD
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you find an ND in your state that uses one of these?
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Another EDS product is the EDS2000. That's the one my practitioner uses. I think it's around $18,000.

You can probably google it to find practitioners who use them. They generally stay under the radar due to legal issues.

tickbattler

IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor things? I'm proud to be from Tennessee. We aren't all "backward" or hillbilly. I think a lot of people have wrong information and ideas about my state. Sad.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Asyra PRO bio-energetic testing continues to be helpful for me and my LLMD.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks for the update.

I'm not saying this to be negative or combative but the placebo effect is quite effective. I think I read it can be 50% or higher.

If one gets a custom remedy from the Asyra - couldn't that be a part of the reason why it may be working?

If it's helping - it's great but it's something I have thought about regarding homeopathics & this type of medicine.

Nothing wrong with the people of certain states but concepts of alternative medicine are being ignored - which may be non-progressive in the long run.

I'm sure alternative practitioners pay alot of tax money to the states where they are allowed to flourish. It also creates jobs which are desperately needed.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

FYI -

The Power of Mind and the Promise of Placebo

http://www.wrf.org/alternative-therapies/power-of-mind-placebo.php

excerpt-

There has been sharp disagreement on this point, due to the fact that medical literature includes a great deal of testimony that the placebo effect routinely works 30 percent of the time, with Dr. Herbert Benson of Harvard stating that it may work up to 90 percent of the time.

tick battler
Member # 21113

I have no experience with the ASYRA but plenty now with the EDS 2000. Just returned tonight from a 3 hour appointment for my children.

These machines are for real. The most beneficial part is that they can see what bacteria, fungus and viruses are going on and what will work to get rid of them. They can also see mineral deficiencies and most anything going on in the body.

Just an example of what we saw tonight...I wanted to confirm the recent urine test my son had which showed elevated neurotransmitter levels for certain ones. The test results we got on the EDS machine matched the urine test pretty much precisely. We were even able to see that norepineprhine was the highest one consistent with the urine test. We then tested the supplements the other doctor had given him to see if it would help balance them and the machine showed they will work. It will take time, but I feel much better giving him these supplements if they are doing something for him.

We also saw the EMF levels in the brains of my children were MUCH better than 6 weeks ago. Since that time I have been turning their bedroom fuses off every night. In fact only one of my children showed any remaining EMF levels and I knew the body voltage in his room was higher than the other two rooms of my other children. (We had this tested by a professional.)

tickbattler

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I don't know what to think...

Last week, I took my daughter to a lady who did ASYRA testing on her. The lady is well respected in the lyme community, I guess, as I've seen her name here and there on reports and papers and such.

I wanted the test basically to find out if Babesia is in DD's picture (Igenex fish test was negative) and to find any viruses that might also be there.

This first appt w/ test cost me $150 and I came home with 2 pages of test results.

The first paper lists stressors out of range: 16 different strains of Bartonella and 5 different strains of Babesia.

And it lists stressors in range: 6 different strains of Bartonella, 1 strain of Babesia and 1 strain of Borrelia.

The second paper is called a methylation map. It looks kind of like Camp Other's chart that can be seen at http://campother.blogspot.com/2011_01_02_archive.html.

The urea cycle, neurotransmitter cycle, folate cycle, methionine cycle, transulfuration cycle are all on there.

It has arrows pointing all over and the lady chicken scratched words all over that I can barely read. I really can't make heads or tails of it.

I called the office the next day asking for more papers from the test results and they said this was it.

When I asked what viruses DD had, they said the test doesn't tell viruses, only what to treat viruses with. But of course I can't read her chicken scratch of that.

If I want the lady to see DD again, we must agree to Cowden protocol.

Does this seem right to you guys?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know hens, but this sounds totally stressful to me...coming home with all kinds of positive tests for all kinds of strains.....I would at least get her to tell you what her chicken scratch means. She owes you an explanation.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17hens, that approach sounds nutty to me and a nice money maker. I wouldn't go for it. 16 strains of Bartonella seems absurd.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It really is a tricky issue with these machines. In theory, it sounds good & some people here seem to get results but it's also subject to inaccuracies. Maybe due to the practitioner or other aspects...?

It is possible that a person could come in contact with a pathogen & it would show up. It may not mean that the pathogen is necessarily effecting a person. We also don't know that if you did the analysis an hour or a day later if it would be the same. I'm sure these "readings" can change by the day or even hour.

If these machines do work by some kind of biofeedback - it is possible to influence the results with the mind. There are alot of variables.

I do believe that the Asyra has be approved by the FDA. I'd have to check it again to confirm it. I'll look into it later.

17hens
Member # 23747

Thanks for replying, guys, and sending some compassion my way. I really have been out of sorts since seeing this woman.

I'm going to start a thread asking for input on my experience. I think not many are reading this post for some reason. Maybe they see it's an older one.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I'm not one to take Quackwatch (who are mentioned in the article) seriously but this article presents a view of the Asrya useage...

http://www.healthnewsflorida.org/index.cfm/go/public.articleView/article/12794

Here's some info from the company...

http://www.asyra.com/

http://www.asyra.com/asyraPROFAQ.html

It seems to me that the technology is sort of like taking a lie detector test. People do get errors from talking lie detector tests. From my understanding, they aren't 100% accurate. I don't even know if they are admissible in court these days...

I think the results can vary & you do have to take into account the placebo effect. I don't know if I would "bet the farm" on this sort of diagnosis.

I'm not against alternative approaches but it seems to depend on faith rather than any substantial evidence - which is not always bad but... there are limitations.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - I did the Cowden protocol & it didn't cure me. It has it's good aspects but it wasn't a cure for me. It's on the expensive side.

I think there are herbs in the protocol that may be unnecessary. It's probably an individual thing... What helps one person may not help the next.

17hens
Member # 23747

sparkle, thanks SO much for your time and concern. I really, really appreciate it.

I've read over the links above. Thank you.

It's not that I think the Asyra is hokey, it's just that I never expected it to scare the pants off me the way it did.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement