LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » friends result =former lyme but not now?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: friends result =former lyme but not now?
YankeeMom
Member # 26692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YankeeMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend went to the Dr, had bulls eye rash (gone by the time the Dr saw her) and he ran a test for Lyme (not sure of timing he also gave abx in there somewhere) He told her that her results showed that she had Lyme at one time but wasn't currently infected

What is that about and what test was this likely to have been? She is in NH and saw her GP.

Posts: 34 | From St. Louis | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YankeeMom
Member # 26692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YankeeMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should also mention that she has RA and other issues that could be Lyme that she has had for years.

Can you get a bulls eye rash from a new tick bite if you also have chronic Lyme?

Posts: 34 | From St. Louis | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter j
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peter j     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she feels perfectly fine, then I think she has fallen into the (huge) group of people with a latent/dormant infection.

She may be fine for years. And when the immune system is temporarly compromized (influenza, epstein barr, severe stress, vaccine etc) the borrelia will in many cases go from dormant to active.

She may alse be fine for the rest of her life, with a dormant infection, if she's symptom free now...

Posts: 275 | From Home | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine this means she was positive in her IgG and not IgM. For most diseases, the IgG indicates a PAST infection. IgM current.

But for lyme it is different.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeshmyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeshmyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did she get the western blot through igx lab?
Posts: 256 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I was told, too. A non-LLMD told me I used to have a Lyme infection because I was igg positive. She told me that the 50+ symptoms I was having were not due to Lyme but were due to Somatization Disorder, or past emotional trauma.

I dumper her and saw a doctor who would treat based on my positive Lyme test and got better.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, at one of my appointments, and not geting well, my LLMD (and some of you know who he is), suggested Imay not be getting well b/c possibly I was abused or had some traumatic experiences in my life.

He had me get a book, "The Journey" by Brandon Bays. Got it, never read it. I was very offended over this, and told my PA at my next appoint.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YankeeMom
Member # 26692

Thanks for all the info. Her tick bite was a while ago. I think she did 21 days of doxy, not sure. She has has arthritis for many years and lots of other symptoms but she doesn't suspect Lyme right now. I was curious because we have been talking a lot about Lyme with my situation and she reminded me of what her Dr told her. I'll let her know what you have said here and hope she pursues it. She doesn't tend to buck the system and just accepts her lot. We'll see what happens. You have given me great info to pass along though. She is considering getting her DS tested because of his issues so hopefully she will get tested as well. It is funny but she assumes her DS's issues are genetic because her brother has similar issues. Well they both live in a Lyme edemic area so why can't they all have Lyme? (she grew up on the CT coast).
buzzsflybox
Member # 26808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buzzsflybox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE LISTEN TO ONBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
5 yr. Vet. of the Lyme war. Helping and sharing are now my only objectives.I have nothing to sell & I no longer interfear with things I cannot control. But, I have learned many good things from my affliction & am a better person for it.

Posts: 51 | From Northeastern PA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keltyl, I do believe trauma is mixed in with the illness. I did have to overcome past emotional traumas because there was emotional and verbal abuse in my past. As I healed from Lyme, this stuff would start coming up out of nowhere.

However, blaming the infection on trauma is inexcusable.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YankeeMom
Member # 26692

thanks again for all the info. So apparently I remembered it wrong (imagine that a Lymie remembering something wrong) Despite having 2 bulls eye rashes her Dr told her that based on testing she didn't have Lyme then and never had had Lyme, but he would give her abx to make her happy (sounds like a great Dr no?). She is actually currently wondering if she does indeed have chronic lyme (this was a surprise to me today and made it easy to bring up to her that I had been talking about her online). I'll be giving her info on how to find a good Dr. Thanks again.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement