LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Body aches today....what might relieve the pain?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Body aches today....what might relieve the pain?
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had mild body aches in the past.
The aches I have today are different.
I am comfortable in a non-heated room even though everybody else is too cold.
The pains are stronger/hurt more.
They come and go and travel from place to place, unlike the other pain which was constant but at a much, much lower level.

I took the 1.5 mg of flexeril which usually relieves the minor "ickie-achies".
It brought the pain down to a tolerable level.
Now, I've taken my alloted amount of flexeril for the day and can't take more.
The pains are back.
I took 2 alleve and a zantac and had a snack.

Have you had these more intense random pains?
What did you do/take to feel better???(andbe able to go to sleep)

Here's hoping that I will be ok in the upcoming days.

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epsom Salts soaks with ginger root rubs and a good dose of liquid Mag. may get you some good sleep.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epsom salts. Warm bath. They suck and I am sorry you have them. I have these a lot and it is just really uncomfortable to exist when your body feels like that. Surprisingly, sometimes going for a walk helps, though it is VERY hard to motivate to do that when you are in pain.

Feel better soon.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
INEBG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INEBG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try what renny recommended; that is what I do when I get strong body pain. The detox bath with epsom salts, hydrogen peroxide, and ginger root. And walking. I never feel like moving around is the right thing, but invariably once I try it, I start feeling better.
Posts: 212 | From San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 8 months of pain in my shoulder left over from tendonitis I tried amino acids and it made a huge difference. My pain was gone in a day and only comes back when I forget to take it.

I take 500mg lysine and 500 DL methionine. Methionine is used by the body to repair damage and it is also a precursor to SamE which is good for pain and depression. You could try SamE also. You need 1000mg magnesium (citrate) and B12.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cupuncture really has helped me w nerve pain. I'm really sorry; it's no fun.
Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the suggestions.
I went and made myself workout today.
I can't walk due to plantar fasciitis.
I came home from working out and took a nap.
I think that did more than anything else.
I've been so spoiled by the good days I've had.

Hmmm a bath? I would have to give my tub a good scrub down before I sat in it....at least a good coating of bleach.

At first, I thought you were saying I should drink the epsom salts, peroxide and ginger root while I took a bath....would have been an explosive combination....gotta have a sense of humor.

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rarely do the baths for the reason you stated - PLUS I have an old fashioned tub and I'm not comfortable in it.

Addin the juice of 1/2 lemon to pure water could help your pain too. Do that a couple times per day.

So glad you have some relief by doing something very healthy like exercise!

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprite8
Member # 28259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sprite8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished reading about a homeopathic remedy from Boiron called Arnica montana.

it's supossed to relieve muscle pain. It does have a more subtle effect and may take a while before you feel effects.

--------------------
sprite8

Posts: 38 | From MA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

So far this morning, feeling ok.
Energy still not quite back to usual.
Aches usually progress as the day wears on.
I'm happy to be feeling as good as I do.
Sure beats the past week of severe depression, seroquel and then lyme pain.....
All in all, I do have a good life.
In spite of all the obstacles I face, I have someone who takes good care of me, has great health insurance and hasn't left me.

--------------------

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Learn about MSM - it works wonders.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

I went to the Y to work out
I got on the rowing machine and started out slow, but felt really good.
I did a couple of the weight machines.
Felt the best I've felt in two weeks.
Hardly feel any achies this evening.
I feel none since I took my flexeril.

--------------------

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This works very well for me. I learned about it from Dr. Russell Blaylock.

1 tlbsp olive oil (extra virgin, organic)
500 mg curcumin
500 mg quercitin

I take twice daily. This is supposed to be better than steriods for inflammation.

It might help you too.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes those aches can be from inflammation. In which case, Zyflamend by New Chapter works wonders (pretty much contains all suggested above).

http://www.newchapter.com/products/zyflamend

And sometimes from knotted muscles (from low Magnesium levels and amino acid buildup). If exercise relieved it, I'd up your Magnesium and add MSM to your daily routine.

A rebounder works wonders for this too.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible choices:

mangosteen ( the original one )

bromelain

curcumin

glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM combo

Omega 3's

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement