LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Seeking LLMD in Seattle, WA area

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seeking LLMD in Seattle, WA area
Kbradley
Member # 22207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kbradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme on Monday from a LLND and am interested to get a second opinion and more information from a LLMD.

I have had what I describe as fibromyalsia-like symptoms for probably 10+ years but whenever I mentioned it to dr's, or anyone, it was dismissed as nothing.

I have always been very active and look fit, so people disregard my complaints of achy joints and muscles, fatigue, headache, neck ache, vertigo, brain fog, throat glands always feel kind of swolen, IBS, sore feet, etc.

I've learned to suffer in silence all these years and just took lots of Advil and went to the chiropractor and massage therapist weekly.

I continued to do my exercising and paddling (I'm on a dragon boat paddle team) through all this.

I felt like I could still do these activities, and did, I was just tired and achy always.

7 months ago, I gave birth to my first child at almost 40 years old.

I must say, I felt pretty good while I was pregnant.

Stiffness was gone and the pregnancy went well.

I only breast fed for 6 weeks due to my baby having an intolerance to my milk.

When my son was 3 months old, and my hormones started to come back to normal, my old aches and pains started to come back.

Now, 7 months later, I am worse than I've ever been.

I sought out my ND to help figure out what was wrong with me.

She had helped me with my IBS symptoms a couple of years earlier when no other Dr could!

I thought it may be hormonal since I felt good while I was pregnant.

But after many tests, I came up with a positive for Lyme and also Epstein Bar Virus (mono).

No wonder I'm so tired all the time!

I'm also having lots of problems with my feet.

I can barely walk on them in the morning, kind of better during the day, and stiffen back up in evening.

Had xrays and have Plantar fasciitis now and heel spurs, so it hurts to walk!

This is all in the last month or two.

I feel like I'm slowly falling apart! Help!

[ 09-03-2009, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Kbradley ]

Posts: 3 | From Kent, Washington | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome kb [Smile]

check your profile above for my pm to you on SEATTLE llmds [Smile] you have many to pick from ..

i sent you my welcome letter already so you are set to begin ... hugs/kisses [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent some additional information about Lyme and pregnancy and possible transference of the illness.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kbradley
Member # 22207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kbradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Bettyg and Abxnomore for your wonderful welcome letter and for the great list of Dr.'s in the Seattle area.

This will be very helpful.

I'm now concerned about my son having this.

I'll be looking into getting him tested as well.

Thanks again!

Posts: 3 | From Kent, Washington | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a PM. Good luck.
Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauraloo
Member # 22378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauraloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I am currently seeing an LLMD in seattle and am thinking about changing i didn't realize there were quite a few. I've been on treatment for 7 months I think it might be time for a change. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Posts: 12 | From Canada | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lauraloo have been sent LLMD lists under her own separate post.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement