LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » NEED LLND & LLMD ASAP - MEDICARE? - STATE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED LLND & LLMD ASAP - MEDICARE? - STATE?
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to know which LLNP's and LLMD's take Medicare, if any. If not, then a list of all of them in each state, so I can call and see what payment arrangements I might be able to work out.

I live in Kentucky, so the closer the better, but I can arrange for Angel Flight Ministries to take me anywhere.

I am a severe complicated case, so I really need to see the best of the best, if possible.

Money is a huge issue - paying for office visits, hotel stays, supplements, medications not covered by insurance, etc.

I received about two years of treatment a number of years ago, but have not received any since, due to my lenghty stressful divorce, being homeless, and other strains in my personal life.

My pain and neurological symptoms are the worst ever now! I recently had 2 strokes that have affected my left side and my seizures cannot be controlled anymore!

I'm literally knocking on death's door now! Surely there is a way for me to get the help I desperately need??? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

Jennie

[ 09-14-2014, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: jjeennnniiee ]

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
severe rx reaction, brain/cns very hypersensitive now, get alot sicker if take abx or supps,

+++++++

I don't see how an LLMD would be able to help you if you react severely to abx and supplements?

I don't THINK you'll find any good LLMD's who take Medicare. I'll look over a few lists for you.

Have you looked into the possibility of mast cell activation syndrome? Are you gluten and dairy free? Gluten can cause seizures in sensitive people.

I sure hope someone has an answer for you! I'm just stabbing in the dark, hoping to help you.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put that in my signature a few years ago. A drug I took is responsible for a lot of it. It seems I'm still affected by it, as I have "relapes", per say, just not AS bad, but still not good. How much me having lyme and coinfections, which have been left untreated for so long now, is playing into everything now, I just don't know and won't, until I get to the appropriate doctors.

I don't want to just throw in the towel, per say, and keep getting worse, telling myself, like you said "I don't see how an LLMD would be able to help you..." There are many people that were once really ill, but have gotten better. I must try doing something though, even if it's just starting out with taking a small dose of one drug and/or supplement at a time, trying a non-drug/supplement approach, making some kind of lifestyle changes, etc. I'm open to any ideas, so please feel free to share what you have, if any, even if they are simple and minute, as in diet, lifestyle, etc.

I imagine an LLMD will probably want to work with me in tandem with an LLND. I feel like I need a comprehensive evaluation from them, including their full expertise and guidance, before I'm comfortable enough to make any major changes though, since my case is so complex now, more than ever.

I have got to have some hope and keep fighting, even when I feel like just giving up. I'm sorry you don't see it that way, as if I'm a lost cause and no lyme doctor can help me, not even a lyme Medicare doctor. The truth is, doing nothing has gotten me nowhere but sicker. I'm in a position to start somewhere now though and it's vital.

I'm trying really hard to hang onto hope and have some faith, that with thorough help from a LLND and LLMD, I can improve. So, if you find either of them that take Medicare, please let me know. I know there are some, or were, but they're very few and far between. Even if they don't take it, my family and I, as well as my nurse case manager, are trying to come up with some financial resources. At this time, they're all in the process of contacting people and organizations about doing some fundraising for me. Angel Flight Ministries has already told me they will take me wherever I need to go for free. I just need a full list of LLNDs and LLMDs to work with, so I can contact them and gather all the information I can, to try to figure out some kind of path to take. Would you please provide that for me?

I haven't looked into mast cell activation, but I will, now that you've suggested it. No, I'm not gluten and dairy free, but I will look into it, as well, now that you've suggested it. Someone mentioned the Paleo diet to me. Is that gluten and dairy free?

I believe there are answers out there. I just have to find them and am going to have to dig hard. I am clinging to hope and faith. Without them, I wouldn't have it within me to keep fighting for help. So please think before you assume someone, like me, is a worthless case without any hope.

It is the help I've received from fellow lymies that has kept me fighting. I really need all of the help and encouragement I can get right now. I feel a bit beaten down by some of your comments. I've had way too many bad thing happen to me, which have nearly almost caused me to take my life. I really need a lot of help and support now, more than ever, just to keep fighting.

Thank you for your response. I pray you, as well as others here, will reply with some good news that will be of some help to me. The most essential thing I need, at the moment, is a full list of LLNDs and LLMDs, so I can start digging my way through it. Of course, prayers and any kind of support would be nice too.

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, that is helpful! You are very brave to keep fighting like you are! I thought of one in CA that may be able to help. I'll send you her name.

I do believe Paleo is gluten and dairy free. Just begin by cutting out both and go from there. You should begin to feel better, to some extent. If you are a celiac, you'll definitely feel better but it may take 6 weeks to clear things out.

I'll send you some info.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent with some suggestions for LLMDs. I don't know of any LLNDs who take Medicare.

Check the online state Lyme groups at:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/kentuckylyme

You can also check different states by changing 'Kentucky' to whichever one you are looking for.

Maybe they can help.

Some more resources (including Support Group info):
www.kentuckyindianalymesupport.org

www.lyme-aware.org/kentucky.html
You can also check different states in the link I've given you here by changing 'Kentucky' to whichever one you are looking for.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sent you a private message.
Ann -Oh

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement