LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » overwhelmed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: overwhelmed
Peck
Member # 14526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first post on this website. It's 1:45 am. Shocking huh?
I was first diagnosed with Lyme in 1999. I had the rash in 1991 but at that time I didn't know what it was and neither did my doc. Lovely woman, she gave me a topical ointment. By 99 I was in really rough shape. 1 MD was convinced I had MS. She was pretty good but moved to California a year later. I had one good year after a year of treatment. Since, it's been a roller coaster ride. By the way, not a big fan of roller coasters!
blah, blah you all know the drill.....After many times going to the hospital over the past 7 years with never a definitive answer and several false negatives I was left alone to suffer.
Last summer I was rushed to the hospital yet again, abnormal EKG ...overnight and cardiac cath was done.
The cardiologist dismissed my chest pain and simply told me "I can tell you that your arteries are clean and you won't die from a heart attack in the next 10 years". Gee thanks.
When I pressed him on the chest pain he asked "do you have a therapist"!!!! choice words soon followed.
Needless to say, I continued looking and found a LLMD. He did all sorts of bloodwork on me, I filled 29 viles in one sitting. Free juice!
I tested positive for a re-infection, late stage as well along with elevated muscle enzymes. Hmmm, wonder if the inflammation had anything to do with the chest pain!
Sorry for the rambling. It's late.

I started an experimental treatment in September. I had such high hopes and it seems I'm getting worse with each day instead of better.
Just to make matters worse my temporary disability ran out. found out today. Not sure what my company will do with me. I haven't been with them that long.
two kids, in the middle of a divorce, bills mounting. I'm sure it's not a unique story but it's overwhelming.
Ok, that's it for now. Time to refocus and get some much needed r.e.m.

Posts: 96 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Peck, Welcome to LymeNet. Sorry you're going thru this, guess you can add insomnia to the list?

I assume you're searching for a Dr as you posted here, so I'm sending you a PM with information.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peck--I'm new to treatment myself so I'm not sure how much I can help you, but I can tell you with a certain level of confidence that you will find no one in RI to be of assistance (I live in RI too.)

I'm currently seeing a Dr. D in Mass but I'm fairly certain I won't be seeing him for much longer since he doesn't treat coinfections and it seems to me from what I've read that it's a rare person who doesn't have a coinfection.

I've only been on this site for a few days and the support here is great. It's given me hope that eventually I'm going to beat this thing.

I'm actually considering flying to Florida for treatment.

My thoughts are with you--best of luck from another RI lymie!

Niere

Posts: 237 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peck
Member # 14526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's amazing how behind RI docs are regarding Lyme.

--------------------
simplify....

Posts: 96 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DW213
Member # 9590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DW213     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is one Lyme-knowledgable doc I kmow of in
RI. PM me if you would like info.

Personally, I travel to CT for my LLMD.

Posts: 78 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement