LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hi, I'm Newly Diagnosed in Birmingham, Alabama

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi, I'm Newly Diagnosed in Birmingham, Alabama
Coyotecrazy
Member # 6707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyotecrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I've just been positively diagnosed with Lyme after 2.5 years of seeing doctors and getting many tests but no answers as to what was wrong and no treatment except for "Migraine Equivalents". I was so "dizzy" (NOT VERTIGO) and would get associated "brain fog" to the point that I'd be unable to recognize where I was on a street that I'd been on many times before and I'd forget where I was going. Major muscle cramps in my legs and a sore throat.

I finally met someone who had Lyme and when I told her my symptoms, she referred me to her Dr. who is Lyme literate.

OMG, what a difference when you really start treatment. My symptoms aren't gone but they have definitely responded positively to antibiotics !!!!

I'm astounded that so few doctors even CONSIDER this as a differential diagnosis !!!!!

I'm glad I found this site, too.

Oh, what "bracelet" and bumper sticker are you talking about?

Thanks !!

Posts: 66 | From AL, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Coyotecrazy.
Welcome to LymeNet.
So glad you finally got a diagnosis!!!
...and that you're responding to treatment!!

For reliable info on all aspects of Tick-Borne Diseases (TBDs), see "Links for new LymeNet members" http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/009342.html

Too tired to type any more.
Will be back some time tomorrow.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvmycat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvmycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome! We are glad you are with us although under unfavorable circumstances. Most of us share your story--many doctors, no diagnosis, migraine or psych meds...same old story. And you asked the $64,000 question--why don't doctors consider Lyme a differential diagnosis?

Hope your recovery goes well. We definitely all in the same boat here.

Carol

Posts: 268 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Coyote,

We have an Alabaman here who is very active with the Alabama lyme association (don't know the correct name of the org). Find one of Kara Tyson's posts and click the e-mail icon to the right of her name to get in touch with her. She is very generous with her knowledge.

Good luck,

Sue

Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Coyotecrazy,

Welcome to Lymenet. I am also glad you have gotten a proper diagnosis and in treatment.

I also have been doing well with abx, so far so good.

Glad you found LymeNet God Bless,
Beverly

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's Wild Condor's site on selling LYME bracelets she just ordered for $3 each.
http://www.wildcondor.com/bracelets.html

Check out her site; just read it's one of the best around. Betty G., Iowa

Welcome to the board for 24/7 support.

Treepatrol has copied Tincup's newbie links & has some new ones of his own as well. Print his off as well.

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kara tyson live's in mobile.look her up in off topic..here,on lymenet...she has everything you need,for info,in alabama....gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Coyote!

I'm down here in Salem Alabama transplanted from Alaska.

Welcome to Lymenet. This site has a wealth of info and has helped me alot. I have to sift thru it though.

I was diagnosed in August of 2004 and see a PRN with Dr. J. in North Carolina.

Am kinda new to treatment myself so maybe we can get better together.

Posts: 6149 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement