LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme float 2005!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme float 2005!!!!
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang, The Lyme float is 6-19-05 to 6-25-05.

Place, Big south fork national river http://www.nps.gov/biso/ and the cumberland river.

There are lots of campgrounds in the area ,I will be at Grove campground near corbin KY . http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/camplon.HTM

There is cabins,a lodge and more camping near there at http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/parks/i75frames/cumbfal2-body.htm

I plan to use this outfitter, http://www.ky-rafting.com/canoe.htm

I would like to see all you there!!

I have to just float down a easy river in the sun to feel alive. MADDOG

[This message has been edited by MADDOG (edited 21 May 2005).]

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog,
I am just letting you know that when we get old and gray and wheelchair bound(not making fun of those people because I may be one sooner than I think), but the bottom line is they are putting in wheelchair access to launch canoes, kayaks and innertubes in the closest scenic national canoeing river close to me.
Now count me as one of the most stupid people but tell me what happens when a canoe overturns with a seriously disabled person aboard that cannot walk at all??? or an innertube??? I cant believe IF I was in such a condition to need these facilities that I would think of DOING this.
OR what happens when nature calls during the middle of the trip.
They are going to install rails and other accessories to make wheelchairs to take people in and out of the water. Dont get me wrong, I am not prejudice but cant figure the logistics of doing this. Can anybody clue in this clueless soul??? cuz I B --just don--

PS. Maddog, sounds like fun, I better not click on links and look because I would then want to go and you already know the answer to that one.

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 10 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you rafting, canoeing, kayaking??

I don't have experience in white water.

Did a great float trip in Alaska (2 rafts) down the Kenai River. Camped and fished for the weekend with friends.

We kinda all split expenses. Anything like this on the Lyme Float? Group rafting maybe? The only boat I have is a small flat bottom aluminum boat for fishing out on the pond.

Anyways, MD just curious.

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Just Don , Well they must have a river guide along to help the handicaped people out.However floating in a tube is very easy once they get in one. Or they can pee in the watter,hope I am upstream of that one!!!! Hey you gotta click on the links then.

Hi, AKLNWLF, We allways pick easy float trips,like class 1 . You can pick your watter craft at the outfitter. some people rent a canoe and split the rent fee . Some people rent a kayak. They allso have rubber rafts.

I use a kayak, I bring a recreational kayak,it is wide and stable ,and easy to get in and out of.I never did learn that eskimo roll,my shoulders wont bend good enuf.

We float on different days resting inbetween,while seeing the local wonders. MADDOG P.S. I like to cook at the campsight. I allso have whitewatter kayaks but I don't expect anyone to do whitewatter over class one, two would be a giant stretch.

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info MD. Would really love to go if I can afford it. Am going back to Alaska May 2 and returning May 23 and that will be pricey for me.

If I can unload my cabin count me in!

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Maddog,

I didn't figure you would ever want to come back to KY since that is where you got your tick. I wouldn't much blame you. I have no idea where I got mine but I'm sure it was here.

I got a deer tick off of me last summer so I think I might have gotten reinfected or is that possible? Just seems like I started getting worse after that.

Anyway, back to the fun. That trip sounds like alot of fun. We love camping and that's where I got my tick last year.

We live very close to Barren River Lake so that's where we camp. We have been to Cumberland Falls a few times but never camped there. Stayed in a cabin.

Is this trip something you do every year and how many lymies come? I've never been in a canoe or kayak but it sounds like fun. We have a pontoon. That's much easier to paddle.LOL

Take care,
Sapphire

Posts: 495 | From KY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ,Sapphire, I tend to stay out of the bushes now and on the watter. Them ticks dont swim very well.

The only exception is when I am eating strange berries,off of weird bushes. He HE HE ( Hope Charlie sees this one)!

We started the lyme float last year,it is to be a yearly event.

We wan't to move it arround so everyone gets to come.

I wanted to have the trip in Nebraska at the neobrara, but no one wanted to go there.

I really wanted to float the green river through the Canyonlands National Park. I could not afford the gas money this year. 500 bucks worth ,probably wind up being 600.

We only had 6 people last year show up,but they all were the creme of the crop of people. Each and every one are dear to me now.

Would love to see you there!! MADDOG

MADDOG
Member # 18

UP
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun to me... Maddog.

Hope it will be as wonderful as last year!!!

Did you know... I lived there for a while... on the Tennessee side. Beautiful area!

I just emailed the park (Cumberland) to see what's available for sleeping. If I am not having to be in VA... I will hope to be THERE with you!

Yes.. follow the "V".

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH GEEZE!

Almost 700 miles ONE way! I didn't realize it was that far! YIKES!

OH NO! Don't make me FLY again! NO MADDOG!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

How far is it for you? Must be about that far, at least, eh?

Well... Dippity do dah. I wouldn't say this to just anyone, ya know ... but... I GUESS you're worth going THAT far for. hehehe

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Maddog,

You never know, you just might see me there. Right now I am too sick to make plans but I hope I will be feeling better by then.

Actually, I am a wee bit better but I'm just afraid to tell anyone. So that's a secret. LOL Usually when I say it I think I jinx myself and get sicker again so I just try to keep my mouth shut. That's so hard to do, too.

I really would like to come. If I think I can I will talk to you about it as time gets closer. It sounds like a lot of fun. Plus I would like to meet some of you.

Oh, I was never at Cumberland Falls, it was Lake Cumberland. I asked my hubby and he cleared it up for me. You know, with this lyme brain I don't know where I've been. Cumberland Falls isn't as close to me as I thought it was. Lake Cumberland is only about an hour away but not sure about Cumberland Falls. I'll have to look it up and see. I'm sure it's not as far as it is for you or Tincup.LOL

Take care,
Sapphire

Posts: 495 | From KY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi TC and Sapphire,TC I know how tired your arms get flying so far, but I shure hope you can make it.

Sapphire the cumberland falls are right near cumberland lake but I think at one end of it.

TC you probably know of some neat local area things to see on the down to rest up days between floating. MADDOG

P.S. I am really cheating this year as cumberland is only 200 miles from me. Maybe we can float the new river WV next year.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey sapphire.. and Little wolf...

Hope you can make it! Maddog picked a wonderful place last time. We ALL enjoyed the trip. As I sit here in the muggy nasty dreary cold.. I see the photos we have from the Buffalo River.. and all of us sitting in the water.. canoes and kayaks on the shore.. and remember how sunny and warm it was. Soooooooooo nice!

Charlie, Jenny, Melanie, Just Don, Maddog and I all floated down the river in several places... went to caverns, historical places... picnics.. suppers.. mountain shops.. park areas... etc. We stayed overnight in different places.. some camped in campers and some in tents in the National Park.. some stayed in a southern style, down home, bed and breakfast just outside the park. Some shared rides to get there.. some shared rooms to cut expenses.

Hey hey Maddog...

Ehhhh.. what's 700 miles these days? I was just whining to whine. You know... one of those days... hehehe

Actually.. I liked the out west place you were talking about too. And it would be close to Just Don... who SHOULD be making plans to go THIS time too... no excuses!

But I do like this area that you picked. Glad it is close to you.. or closer than Arkansas, at least.

As for knowing stuff to do? I was there in that area for a season.. about 9-10 months or so.. WORKING.. sooooooooo... not much time for extra activities.

From what I remember.. the most exciting thing to do in the wilderness area where I lived was to get out on the road and drive west.... just to watch the time change back an hour.. then drive east towards home and watch it change again.

I hiked and explored a lot in the woods.. but as far as "going out"... I am afraid I was too woodsy.. was involved in much historical/nature research... and didn't see much other "human" activity.

BUT.. never fear. If there is fun to be found... anywhere around....

I will be right there... in fun's face.

I checked out the Woodland cabins at Cumberland Falls. They have 15-20 steps to get up and down.. so if stairs are a problem for anyone.. the lodge may be a better deal?

Just Don... (Who I have had on my mind for a long while now trying to come up with some answers)...

You said..

"Now count me as one of the most stupid people but tell me what happens when a canoe overturns with a seriously disabled person aboard that cannot walk at all???"

They wear life jackets and float until they are helped... just like folks who can walk who end up in water over their heads.

I use to lead canoe trips years ago.. for the park. I am THRILLED to hear they are providing access for folks who wouldn't normally have a chance to canoe. In parks.. if you can't walk on trails.. there is not much to do. This will open up a whole new BEAUTIFUL world for folks.

And keep in mind.. not EVERYONE dumps the canoe over 50-60 times in a 1/2 mile stretch of river... like YOU did! HA!

JUST KIDDING! I was actually VERY surprised at the level of skill Just Don had .. especially in a Kayak!!! He done REAL good and went many miles!

You said... "OR what happens when nature calls during the middle of the trip."

Sometimes folks have someone with them to assist them... sometimes group leaders assist... and sometimes... folks do the same as you, me, and the little fishies.

As YOU remember.. we had someone with us who had IV lines.. who could NOT get them wet. It worked out well for them... as the boat, luckily, stayed upright the whole time.

Ok.. just visiting.. gotta get back to the old grindstone.

Glad to stop by here for a smile.

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don,

I am going to buy that winning lottery ticket soon.

I will be by to pick you up for the lyme float.

Maddog....I hope all goes well and you all have a great time. Sounds like fun.

My health is improving enough lately that I think I would be able to do something like this.

Hopefully, the finances will improve enough too.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Hey Tincup, Maddog and anyone else, I would love to meet you. If I continue improving, I may just try to come. I looked it up and it's about 115 miles from me. That's not far at all. I would hate for you all to be this close and not come meet you.

The only problem is, our 5th wheel camper is 38 feet long and we can't just camp anywhere. It takes a big site for it. I guess I could call up there and see if they have anything it will fit on. It's not it just fitting but it needs to be a site not too hard to get into.

Hubby isn't real great at backing this thing. Don't tell him I said that though.LOL The first day we got it he run over the things in front of the gas pump and it tore up the outside of it.(we got it fixed) He has gotten better at it but I still get really nervous when we go someplace we've never been.

On second thought, maybe we can just rent a cabin or something. If we all do meet and yall mention that to him, I will tell him someone else told you.LOL

Hope to see you all there.

Sapphire

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sapphire,sounds like you need a pull through camp sight.Grove camp ground may have some,The number for the campground is 606-528-6156 they may not be there yet this year. You can call later and find out. MADDOG
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Hey Maddog,

A pull through site is exactly what we would need. It sure makes it easier to get in to. We have one site at the lake here we like and if it's not available, we don't go. Mainly because it's right on the water and the others aren't and it's the only one easy to get into.

Oh boy, I'm getting camping fever. I absolutely love it. As soon as I know whether we can go or not I will call the campground and see what they have.

Take care,
Sapphire

lemonhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord, i would like to join you but it would be just me, a female. Husband probably wouldnt come. MADDOG, can you give me any information about the facilities and where you would meet. I would be flying as i am in south texas. Lord it sounds great. We used to float the Guadalupe and Comal here in Texas and it was the best time, and it is time to get around some other folks who have the Lyme and be goofy. Tell me more if you can. You have my email. If not,
[email protected] Lemohnhead

------------------

Posts: 156 | From Corpus Christi, Texas USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

UP
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might go. I cant go the whole week, but maybe for a weekend or something.

Anyone driving to there from around the PA/OH border? Yeah you huh Maddog?

LOL

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi TheCrimeOfLyme,Would love to see you there!!

I live on the oposite side of Ohio near Cincinnati.

You are lucky,you live near the Youghiogheny don't you?? I have never got to run that river but I wan't to some day.

http://www.rafting.com/youghiogheny-river-rafting.htm

There is a middle section that is easy class 1 to 2.

MADDOG

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 4 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP^
The buzzards will of course be there....any of you that can make it, I bet it'll be one of the better times you can remember.

Don't expect meditation and somber introspection though, it's a party and a pretty strenuous one at that.

Any of you that need help getting around of course those of us that can assist will.

Tincup can teach you to canoe in 30 seconds.... like she did us who had never been near a canoe.

But she couldn't get me to stop standing up to unkink my lymie knees....

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How party is this party? Are Lymie kids welcome?

L

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....It's nothing you'd be scared to have your kids around...I was just trying to differentiate it from a retreat or symposium or such.

I don't see why you couldn't bring the kids...just don't expect me to babysit or change diapers.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi, I'm a big kid at heart!!

We dont get stupid drunk or anything near that.

We do sip cheap beer at times.

But only a few and nothing dangerous.

I have a river code of ethicks.

I wont ever drink when on the river alone.

I only get loaded while floating on innertubes on the local river here when it is 95 degrees, and i am with my brothers.

On the lyme float I stay sober so I can help other people if necessary,and scout out the river ahead. So only a few beers, way spaced out over hours. MADDOG

sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Hey Maddog,

I still don't know if we can come or not. I was feeling better but am now herxing or having a relapse. I was trying to make up for lost time and I over did it.

Anyway, if we don't bring the camper we could bring the pontoon. Would that be a good idea or not? I don't think I will be able to do much. I know I can't hike or canoe if I have to paddle. Could we get a motor?LOL Who knows, by then I may be better.

Anyway, let me know about the pontoon. I would rather bring the camper but just not sure about finding a good site easy to get into. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Take care,
Sapphire

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saphire,
Dont believe a word the dog says. He was so hammered I had to carry his kayak up the bank and him too.

And then there was Charlie, oh my, way past explanation.

All the girls danced all night in hula skirts.

And the local authorities know each one of all those people personally.

And lastly, dont believe a word I say!!!

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Hey Don,

I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see.LOL Are you going to be there? Sure sounds like fun.

Take care,
Sapphire

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 7 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Don,You got me LOL so hard my gut is hurting,OUCH!!! HHEEEE!! HHEEE!!! MADDOG
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 7 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He HE HE!!!! WERE going to have a chicken legs competition. I don't know if i can beat charlie or not!!!!!

He probably doesent have a chance ,my skinny lyme emaciated legs are shure to win.

But then i don't know??? HE HE HE HE

MADDOG

sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

And who gets to judge this contest? I suppose us gals could do it. I don't know though, I think I might could win. Before I enter though I need to know what the prize is.

Maybe the losers could all cook supper and gather the wood for the campfire. And the winner could sit around the fire and get waited on hand and foot. Now that sounds like a camping trip.

Sapphire

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 14 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man oh man, sounds like this is right up my alley.

Don't have chicken legs but do have a type of turkey wattle thighs. Does that qualify as an entry??

What the h--- has happened to my body.

Here's a thought....you know that Trimspa commercial with Anna Nicole Smith saying, 'you want my body?'. Since Lyme I couldn't pay people enough to 'want this body'!! LOL!!!

Sorry dude, but I'd win hands down, no contest!!!

Quickly changing this depressing but true talk, are pets allowed, including 115 lb stinky butted black Labs?? Into the park, not the contest!

just don
Member # 1129

Sapphire,
The winner gets the "FIRST" somemore (sp). I cant spell it but I can cook a mean one. I still have the Hershey bars left over from the weenies last year that didnt eat enough of them. They are in the fridge or freezer, just waiting for "YOU".
Yep you shouda seen the sight, Maddog on one shouder and his Kayak on the other and up the bank we went, just like Stallone in that movie where he carries this huge tree up the mountain.
Preventing "ME" from reappearing is all my girlfriends(live-in ones) had or are having babies this spring. Imagine how much child support I have to pay for 120 new dependents. Unless of course I could bring them all along. They really dont do well without me. Its one of those "Cant leave home without them" You might say I am pretty geographicly bound. Unless of course Charlie is going to "babysit" these babies.
Maddog, do you have enough Kayaks and life jackets for all my babies??? And Charlie, can you handle them okay???

sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Akiwolf, I don't know what turkey waddle thighs are but I guess we could have several contests. I think that is what you called it. I could win hands down for the most flabby arms. Getting no exercise is really taking it's toll. I guess if I could paddle that canoe it wouldn't take long to fix that. That's in my future plans.

Don, I think that is wishful thinking. VERY wishful thinking. Don't know about all those babies but all those girlfriends. Couldn't you just farm them out to your friends while you are gone? Your friends probably wouldn't mind.

I know the real reason you aren't coming...you are afraid you will have to carry Maddog back up the hill along with his kayak. I'm sure we could all help. Surely between all of us we could "git er done".

Take care,
Sapphire

MADDOG
Member # 18

Sapphire,I guess you could judge the contest,We could change it to the do your legs in shorts look like two broomsticks shoved up two stovepipes. He HE HE HE !!

Aklnwlf,I don't know about the dog rules at the campground,or on the river?? I do know that barking all night will get the campground host real mad. And not let Lymies get enuf rest.

(If they dont bark at night) they would be nice to have along. My neighbor has black lab 30 feet from my house that Barks me awake constantly,leaving me exhausted.

We float a day and go to see the sights a day ,float a day and go to see the sights a day, resting up for another day of floating.

I expect to make one of the days a cookout day and slow cook my barbecue for all.

Hey Don ,stick the ladies out in the pasture and come along,please .How else will we get the giant canoe loaded?? And we would miss your smiling face. MADDOG

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....skinny legs? flabby arms? thunder thighs?

Sounds like everybody better leave the thongs and speedos back home.

danq
Member # 2126

Icon 10 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, would y'all consider having next year's Float somewhere that's not in Prime Tick Country?

Like, umm... well, people float on Lake Tahoe... ya don't go very fast, understand, but there are no ticks. If you want to zoom, there's the Truckee River right close. And if ya wanna 'float' on a mountainside, there are lots of those there too and I know a couple real easy beautiful nearly level trails, as well as a couple of the more vertical kind. All without ticks. Best time of year is July, when the Eastern Tickzone is rather uncomfortable.

Oh, and depending on which end of the lake you're at, there's South Lake with the cheap rooms and casinos and buffets and all that. Not my cuppa tea, but for the comfort-prone, there it is. Otherwise there are cabins for rent (with very advance reservations) and lots of excellent state campgrounds.

Dan

[This message has been edited by danq (edited 14 May 2005).]

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well..

Blow me over.

You guys have been doing this for a while, and I never knew??

Maddog, would you allow me to come after all we've been through?

..and some folks will be boozing??
I've heard enough. Where do I sign..

Uh..ticks, huh?

Well, I've really been digging this product, called Bugrepel.

All herb based, and it seems to have passed my very rigorous testing standards here in tick central.

I say, if you're going to a ticky location this year..grab that if you can.

If I can go, I'll bring some and share lavishly.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Hey Dan,

Haven't you heard?? We don't have lyme disease in KY. We do have tons of ticks but none carry LD. IF only that were true.

Maddog,

I expect to get to judge the contest as long as the thongs and speedos are left at home.LOL Do you know who is coming yet for sure? I'm not absolutely positive yet but planning on it.

I would like to drive up there one day and check it out and see if they have any good sites our camper will fit on. If not, I would like to rent a cabin.

I would say that when you all come back from KY you will be saying yall. LOL

Take care,
Sapphire

MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi,Everybody is welcome Dems.,Repubs., indep.. And Mo Allso He He.

I stayed there last year late in the summer and found no ticks at the campground. And I am a tick watcher.

Grove campground has a lot of good spaces.I prefer C loop as there is allso hiking near by,and some private camping spots.

I have tenative plans to go there week after this week to scope it out even beter. And get some digital picks.

I may be there next sunday through wens or thursday. Hopefully my back will allow me to take the big kayak if not I will take the EZ play boat. http://www.wavesport.com/kayaks/ez/ez.php

MADDOG

[This message has been edited by MADDOG (edited 15 May 2005).]

Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MADDOG,

I would like to come up for the weekend--but am not taking little boys camping--scope out any Day's Inn or something else cheap but clean in the area.

Thanks,
Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi Linda LD,Actually we are there from sunday about noon to Saturday .Everything happens during the week.

We arrive on Sunday and set up camp.We meet on
sunday eve at the camp ground to make plans for monday and get to know each other.

Hopefully we float an easy stretch of the river on monday. Class one watter. Then plan each day based on how we feel and what people want to do and see or float. I will shure look for these hotels. MADDOG http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=motels&near=Corbin,+KY&sa=X&oi=localr

MADDOG
Member # 18

To the top!!
lemonhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Is Anyone going from South Texas? I will split the cost of the drive and/or motel. I am married, female, (husband doesn't want to go, says being around one Lymey goofy person is enough, let alone a whole bunch of us, twerp) will room in motel or lodge to split cost.
Lord, this sounds like an e-relationship advertisement.
I guess I could fly and meet up with someone who wants to room together???
I'm in Corpus Christi at [email protected]

Posts: 156 | From Corpus Christi, Texas USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there MD,

Well, sold my cabin but didn't make as much as I'd hoped.

Also my poor dog is tweeked that I was gone for so long. If I'm coming I'm gonna have to bring him.

He's such a pain.

As you can imagine 3 weeks in Alaska was costly so I'm gonna have to camp in a tent with my dog.

He shouldn't be to barky. Also do you all stay at the same campsite or change everyday??

I'll hang around camp while you folks float. Those hiking trails that you mentioned sound right up my alley. Barky Butt would enjoy it too.

I'll call the number that you listed for the camp area and get some info.

Chat with you soon.

MADDOG
Member # 18

Aklnwlf,We each get our own camp sight however there is (beautiful), (cheep) walk in campsights on the same loop ,for tents.

We meet at one camp sight in the evening,to cook out and drink a few brews.

There are showers in the main john there.

Them walk in sights are so private I was tempted to use a tent there myself.

MADDOG

MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi ,Gang it is getting close!!!! Hope to see you there!!!!! MADDOG
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 10 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there gang,

Well crap, I'm getting sick again. Will call my LLNP tomorrow. They started to decrease my meds just this month and boy do I feel it.

Anyways, forgot I have a LLNP appt. on the 24th. Go figure. Will try to get fixed up before then and will shoot by for a couple of days sans barky butt.

I'm sure 'no dogs allowed' at an LLNP appt. LOL!!!

Hope I can get to feeling better before then.

I can't believe it but I might have to stay at a motel and just plain old wimp right out.

I'll let you all know.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement