LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » our friend GEDEN - Gary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: our friend GEDEN - Gary
Loribelle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary could sure use our prayers and emotional support right now. He is having a hard time, not recovering real well from his knee surgery... and he just lost his little four legged friend. Baby Doll - a sweet little pommeranian that he had rescued.

You may remember that he lost the other one, Pretty Boy, recently as well.

Kind of like being kicked while he is down, then kicked again... please send prayers and happy, healing thoughts his way, he is such a good guy.

here's the little sweetie's picture, thyroid disease took most of her hair...

Gary, for you, my friend [hug]

Lori

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesux
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,
this is the first i've seen of this, i can't tell you how sorry I am - geez this is alot to go thru.

My thoughts are with you.

please take care of you.

cd

Posts: 799 | From home | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no, Gary, I am so sorry for all your suffering and loss. Unfortunately, I can relate to the pain you are going through.

While being very sick myself, only a couple months ago I lost both of my furkids, two beautiful retrievers who were only 4 and 6 years old. One had two severe medical conditions and the other died suddenly from congestive heart failure only three weeks later (possibly an adverse reaction to a pain killer he was on for bad hips, or maybe literally a broken heart from losing his best friend). It was a total shock as we thought he was otherwise healthy. I guess they just needed to be together.

Losing both so quickly was so surreal and I couldnt even put into words all the pain and sadness I felt, and still struggle with. They were (and still are) my greatest support system throughout my illness.

I'm so sorry you are feeling this pain as well. I've read that its very common for our pets to die so close together. They have remarkable bonds and I guess they need to stay together. I'm sure they are very happy playing together now!

I was having such a hard time that I bought some books on pet loss to try and help me find ways to cope. I wanted to share something I learned...Just like losing human friends, losing our pets is hard in so many ways, but unlike with humans, we play a "God-like" role for our pets since they cant communicate in the same way humans do. We decide when they eat, when they go out, etc. We have a unique power and resonsibility with them. so when they die, we often feel responsible for that as well and the guilt can be overwhelming. I hope you dont feel that, but I know I did. Especially since my dogs were so young..I beat myself up, hoping I did everything I could. Well, we did do everything we could and they know that! and unlike most of us, dogs do not fear death - they know its coming and completely accept it.

they were sent to us for a reason and for us, it was probably to help us heal. But maybe they figure they can do more healing for us from above!

Soon all the good memories of them will fill up the hole in your heart and replace the lonliness with love and smiles as you remember their immense impact on your life.

I was so depressed that I didnt think it would be possible, but I am slowly finding ways to feel more at peace with everything. And dont forget, they are still with you each and every day, eager to continue helping you in any way they can.

I, too, am here to help if you need me...if you just want to vent about how much all this sucks, thats ok too

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

oh, my email address is: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by SunRa (edited 22 May 2005).]

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtnSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,
I'm so sorry - you are in my thoughts and my prayers... I have two poms. I know how close they can get to you. They are such little "people pleasers".

I pray for physical healing for your knee - as well as healing for your "heart".

Posts: 416 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the pain of losing a pet and friend. Prayers, Gary!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Gary. I'm so sorry you're lost your furfriend. I know firsthand that it's just like losing a family member. Those who claim differently have obviously never formed an attachment to a four-legged friend. You'll need lots of time to help repair your broken heart.

Also sorry to hear you're having trouble recuperating from knee surgery. The stress of losing your friend doesn't help your knee or immune system at all. I'm really sorry you have to go through this, but know that we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 9 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,
Jeez, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, especially while recovering with your knee.

My big, gentle, guy, Caleb, has nursed me through the toughest of times, and he can sense all my needs.........I don't know what I'd do without him.

Most times he's better to have around than most humans.......Well this is so sad my friend & we are all here for you!!

Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.......Lymie HUGS!!!

Gail

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 7 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,
Please know how much i'm rooting for you to recover quickly from your surgery. I was wondering how you were doing. I'm sorry the surgery has set you back. Email me if you get some time and keep us posted. I'll send some prayer your way! Good luck.

Posts: 121 | From Gaithersburg, MD USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is like losing your family. Prayers to you and yours.

Much wellness to you.

Posts: 2173 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Gary is having such a rough time.

Is there any way he could foster a pet from a local animal refuge? That might help ease his loss, without actually replacing his much-loved dogs. Pets take our minds off pain, entertain us and give us purpose as well as love. They lower your blood-pressure, too.

Sending good thoughts and wishes,
Ann - OH

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know sometimes our only friends feel like the four legged variety--especially withthi disease. And they never judge us or criticize.

I am truly sorry for your loses and wish you a speedy recovery.

Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, so sorry to hear of your recent double loss...take care my online friend.

bettyg

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey my friend...

Thinking about you and hoping soon you will feel smiles in your heart.

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want to thank all of you for your kind word's.the stress of all,what is going on in my situation,has put me in a foggy daze.

what i wanted from these little guy's(pretty boy and baby doll)has turned the table's on me.i never thought i would lose them so quickly.

having them ,was a experience i shall never forget.

and i will never forget the kindness all of you have showen me.

may God bless all of you,thankyou....gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Gary,

My heart goes out to you, my friend.
I know how much these special spirits enhanced your life.

Please, try to take some comfort in knowing how you too enhanced theirs.

Life and death, and all that happens in between, is a circle of time.

If we are touched by another's love and grace while moving round that perimeter, we have truly been blessed.

Prayers and much love,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, Gary, I am so sorry to hear about you loss!

I just recently got my first dog ever and can't imagine losing her.

I hope you are feeling better, in all ways, very, very soon!!

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want to thank all of you for your kind word's and support..

another of life's lesson's learned..you people have my highest respect.

hope all of you have a pleasant weekend...don't forget to hang your flag.

gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another pom rescue in the works, yeh Gary This is little Gordo, lucky little feller, Gary wants to give him a new home!

Good luck on the adoption Gary, would be a good day for Gordo, and you, not so good maybe for the cat tho

[This message has been edited by Loribelle (edited 29 May 2005).]

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

thankyou for putting his picture on lymenet,lori.

please help and say a pray that "gordo"and i can be together.i have no right to ask you folk's.you have been so kind to me these past few week's.

one of his hind leg's was broken. it was never treated.(reset) the people who had him,neglected him.

i believe he will be good for my mental well being. baby doll and pretty boy were.
thankyou again and be well ,gary

------------------

Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is what the website says about this little sweetie

Gordo
Dog
Pomeranian

Size: Small
Sex: Male
I.D: 50414

Notes: OFFICIAL LAP DOG HERE!

This precious little boy loves people and would be on a lap 24/7 if allowed. Although only 4 years old, Gordo is special needs because his previous family did not have his back leg operated on and pinned, when some children broke his femur. The leg has healed with the bones apart, however he doesn't let that slow him down and gets along just fine. He enjoys going for walks and car rides but his favorite thing is being with 'his special someone'.

His special needs are a home with someone around most of the time, no children (even though he likes them) for protection of his damaged leg and preferably no other dogs in the household other than possibly another laid back small dog, both for safety of his leg and because he really would prefer to be the center of attention. It is unknown how he is with cats.

Gordo is current on vaccinations, neutered, heartworm tested and started on preventative, had a dental and is housebroken.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4489214&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=42962435669a0025-app4&display=&preview=1&row=25&tmpl=&stat

SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, you know you have my total support and prayers. Even though you've been through hell lately, I'm glad we got to "meet" and help each other out.

I think you and Gordo would be perfect companions! My fingers are crossed that he gets to come home with you

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement