LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » update from Downunder!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: update from Downunder!
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
Thought I was back to the beginning about a week ago but I have since worked out it was a herx for about 5 days.

It is so scary when you have been feeling much improved and you go backwards.It is such a relief when it lifts again.

I am now on week 5 of zithromax IV(3times per week) the other days I take oral zith.I take plaquenil every day.Fasigyn on IV days and lots of extras.

I am on all the supplements Dr B suggests plus garlic,artemisium,cat's claw, and pao d'arco.

I also take nilstat daily to control yeast and acidopilus/bifidus tablets.

I rattle as we all do ,but I have improved so much in the last couple of months that I shall keep on rattling.

I have decided my doc knows what he is talking about as I didn't even have to ask for more IV ,he said lets do another 2 months since you have had improvement.He also said that when I am finished with IV he shall start me on bicilin LA which I probably will be on for the rest of my life.I was so relieved that he didn't believe in post lyme syndrome and he really did have some idea on the complexities of this disease.I now have confidence in him.

So I am still on IV therapy,but with a central line it is no big deal.All the pipes are hidden under clothes.

I hope you all start feeling better soon ,it is such a nice feeling to be able to go for a walk on the beach and not worry about how long you are going to pay for it.

Wishing you all health,Sue from Downunder.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you found a knowledgeable doc and are doing better. Saw a tv program on your continent recently and was impressed with the wonderful beaches. Australia was on my life list of places to visit, but even if I could afford it now (not), sitting on a plane that long is pretty much out of the question for my poor lymed back.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
Walked one of those beaches today and it was so beautiful.It was really calm and only a couple of people down there.

Walked a different one yesterday and they were amazed at how beautiful it was.

My husband and I decided that we do live in paradise and are very lucky.

Shall walk my next beach for you Lou,

Take care,Sue.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sue- Glad you're improving- I was worried you folks down under couldn't find Lyme literate docs.

Australia was (maybe will be again) on my dream list of places to go.

Bicillin for life???? There's a comforting thought. Please ask your doc to expound on that and get back to us. Thanks.

I once read (unbelievable, I thought) that beaches are a favorable tick habitat. So careful and check yourself.

Janet

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StinkBug
Member # 5191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StinkBug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'Day Sue,
Thank you for sharing your journey.

I have hopes of relocating to New Zealand/Aotearoa (that is still a mouthful for this Canadian grrl transplanted to the US to say!). And... having Chronic Lyme... I wonder if it would be wise to think ahead for any dreams of moving there since I don't know much about Kiwi Lymie experience.

Any info you have is much appreciated.
Be well,
StinkBug -- belly dancing when able in Colton, Oregon, USA

Posts: 83 | From Colton, Oregon, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey..

Downunder is looking good these days! YIPPEE!

You don't know how wonderful that makes all of us feel who have watched you go through so much ruff stuff.

You hung in there and kept researching and educating yourself and others... and kept pushing to get help... and it has paid off.

Not many would be as diligent as you have been and I, for one, am VERY proud of you!

You said... "I rattle as we all do ,but I have improved so much in the last couple of months that I shall keep on rattling."

Speak for yourself little butterfly. hehehe You KNOW I don't rattle on and on and on... ho ho ho.

And.. if you feel good.. keep on rattling. I LOVE to hear that kind of news! I am sitting here grinning just thinking about you feeling better!

Keep up the good work! We want to hear all about your journey.. the good and the bad. So keep in touch.

And someday I MAY get to see a kangaroo.. and YOU too!

That would be such a hoot!

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sue....it's about time you had some good days!! I'm SOOO happy you are finally improving! Hooray for your dr!!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going, Sue. So glad there is some light at the end of the tunnel, and that you were persistent in your pursuit of getting the right help.

Godspeed.

Di

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement