LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Another Classic Lyme Moment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Classic Lyme Moment
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So after working up the energy to go to the store (drag self out of bed, throw clothes on, give pep talk, rest on couch, give second pep talk...) I went to put my phone in my purse.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbed the cordless phone, and put it in my purse before I realized that it might work better if I put my *cell* phone in my purse instead of our house phone handset. You know, unless I was planning on making or receiving any calls from my front porch.

LOLOLOL

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mylyme2006
Member # 8459

Icon 10 posted      Profile for mylyme2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal favorite lyme moment was when my hubby was going to take me out in the car. I was excited having not been out for a long time. Like Alison, I dragged myself into shower, dressed, rested, put on shoes, brushed teeth, rested, all that jazz. Hubby said he'd meet me in the car--I said ok. The lyme moment came when I forgot hubby was in the car and went to get in the car. I got into the other car (the one he wasn't in) and was calmly waiting for him. All the while, I was waiting, he was in the other car wondering what the heck I was doing. He nearly scared the bejezzes out of me when he came to the window asking me if I just wanted to enjoy the view or go with him. ha ha
Posts: 13 | From WV | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after only one year of battling the du jour of diseases that tic gave me- I am trying to find things to do, living with my parents, that I can master.

My eyesight and motor coordination is shot.

I use to figure skate, ballet, yoga and was the picture of health.

I found that I could make glycerin soaps using microwave and molds.

A lady in NJ who is a phone buddy and has had bad neuro lyme loves eucalyptus.

I made her some soaps and was proud of myself. [Frown]

I made the soaps purple instead of green.

I sent her a note

Roses are red, violets are blue

your soaps are purple

cause my lyme brain today has glue!!!

LOL!!!

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are great!!! LOL

As an addendum, when I finally *did* leave the house, I (OF COURSE) forgot my cell phone.

[Smile]

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayYesh
Member # 8343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayYesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is going to the store, with a list, and looking at the list while in the store, several times, and still not coming home with what I went for. [dizzy] Oh, I got a million of 'em.
Posts: 90 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were at a hotel when I was seeing one of my

llmd's last year.

Our 5 year old daughter ran out of the tub

wrapped in a towel and jumped in her daddy's lap.

She said "Burr, I'm shedding." To which he

replied "No, you're shivering." She insists "No!

Daddy I'm shedding." He said "No, you're

shivering, because you are cold. Shedding your

skin is when you lose your luggage."

I thought the boys and I were going to die [lol]

He didn't even realize what he had

said. Every time I bring it up he gets so mad.

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Lyme moment just yesterday:

Starting to work on the computer at home, my eyes were burning. I went into the bathroom to take out my contacts.

As soon as I walked into the bathroom, the idea of a bath sounded irresistible...so
I took a 30 minute bath. Then got dressed and walked the dog.

Halfway around the block, I realized my eyes were burning...and I thought:
I need to take my contacts out.

Geez...

I love threads like this; they make me feel less nuts!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to know If not the only one who puts the cordless phone in my purse.

When I leave the house I do a mental checklist, keys, hat, scarf, gloves. I put my gloves in my pocket. I get to the door and realize I'm not wearing gloves. I grab a pair of gloves. and stick them in my bag... Some days I find 2 pairs of gloves in my bag & another pair stuffed in my pocket.
hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MizMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizMo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took a trip down to MD for the Horse Expo. On the way home that day, stopped at a red light. Waited...and waited...and waited.

Finally David in the backseat says "Mo, that light isn't going to get any redder."

We were at a four way stop with a blinking red....

I'll never live it down, lol

--------------------
http://scottsbt.com/maureen/mo2.htm

Posts: 145 | From Mystic Island, NJ 08087 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 12 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to wear deodarant today. At least I didn't spray my underarms with hair spray again!

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to go buy 3 things at the grocery store. Since I didn't trust myself to remember, I wrote out a list...

Caesar salad dressing
Milk
Caesar salad dressing

Good job, Shaz.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight the kids were hungry and asking about

dinner. I told them

"Hold on I just
need to comb the chili and soap the beans."

I meant stir the chili and butter the beans.

I think I am getting worse not better. I am scared what I might say to people. But they (the kids) sure think it is funny. I guess that is what I get for making fun of my husband in this post.

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, cave. My son, who has had a few "moments" of his own, gets his giggles out of this one, too! As do I.

Funny how the brain works when it's taking a short vacation, eh?

[Big Grin]
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
siggy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for siggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I am a bit new to this lyme-business and having a gloomy view on it all. But reading these funny lyme-moments are great fun!

One day I'll get there too!! [Big Grin]

One funny episode though;
I finally finished knitting a pair of mittens. After having had some trouble to start with; knitting two right-hand mittens by accident!

Now I proudly finished my pair of beautiful mittens. Everybody has bragged about them, and I felt so good about myself.
I think I got to use them a couple of times. Now I have no clue where in the world where they are!! [bonk] he he he maybe I'll just finish a second pair??!

Posts: 155 | From Norway | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MizMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizMo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another. Went to go get my checkbook out of my coat pocket in the front hall. On the way, saw a dvd case lying on the coffee table open, so I took the dvd out of the player, snapped it in the case, and put the case in it's proper place.

Headed back to the desk to do my paperwork.

Darn it....back I go to get the checkbook.

This kind of stuff happens so often you just have to keep your sense of humor about it [Smile]

~~Mo

--------------------
http://scottsbt.com/maureen/mo2.htm

Posts: 145 | From Mystic Island, NJ 08087 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was telling someone about the time hubby was confused and didn't know who I was (during the hepatic encephalopathy phase -- lasted a very long 5 months).

Anyway, this was one of the first times hubby was that confused. I tried to show him my driver's license with my picture and my name on it -- he just kept arguing that he wasn't married and kept right on calling me the nightnurse.

It gets better. His memory must be improving. He spoke up and reminded me of another episode I had told him about.

The place we were staying at at the time had cable TV and he liked to watch the Science Fiction channel.

One day when he was confused (I was the nightnurse again). Anyway he kept telling me that his wife had been abducted by aliens and taken up in a spaceship 5 years ago!

So here I am reporting from Mars.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme Gypsy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme Gypsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My poor kids. I sent my son ( he is 7) to the corner the other day.

A few minutes later called him out for his complimentary lecture.

We both had a laugh when I realized I forgot why I sent him to the corner in the first place.
[bonk]

Posts: 188 | From NM | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread- keep it going- I am new and need this lighthearted approach to this serious disease. Meanwhile I am keeping a symtom chart- I will add a line for those "special lyme moments" so I can share them with you.
Getting better in Balto, Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brushing my teeth with gyno-lotrimin cream instead of toothpaste!

Thank God I didn't shoot toothpaste up there in stead of the cream.The menthol would not have been pleasent. [Big Grin]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 3 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pucker smack yummy!

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehehehehe
[Smile]

Most of these are pretty funny.....
I HAVE plenty of stories as well!

Left the house, sat at a coffee house and open my purse to grab my cell phone and make a call.... only to realize my cell phone wasn't there!

BUT I DID HAVE THE TV's REMOTE CONTROL!!!!

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gael1111
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gael1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really good post.

Well, about a month ago i decided to call a friend who lives in California. I was sitting at my computer with the phone next to me. I proceeded to google in his name.

I sat there for a good minute staring at the computer until I figured out that I had to pick up the phone and dial it. Oh Brother!

Gael

Posts: 121 | From philadelphia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gael1111
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gael1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here is another one.

Back in the mid 80's, before I got diagnosed, I was asked to appear on a talk show in N,Y. I stayed in a hotel with a very good friend who came along for support.

The next morning, we seperated because he had to take care of something and we agreed to meet in front of the studio, a couple of hours later. There was a line and he was in it.

I completely forgot that I came with him. When I saw him standing there I was totally shocked to see him. I exclaimed "I can't believe it! What are you doing here? This is amazing that I would run into you here in N. Y.

He saw that I wasn't kidding, and the expression on his face was like a deer caught in headlights.

He said to me later on "Girl, you got bees in your bonnet"!

(Well, the LLMD did find a bulls eye on top of my head.)

Gael

Posts: 121 | From philadelphia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stories are fun but I've got to figure out a way to get you people to read my post about proclamations and the other one about Lyme disease awareness week. Should I make up a humorous or salacious title? Unless you want to be here swapping funny stories the rest of your lives, and your children, too, we have to try to reach and teach the rest of the world. Everyone needs to pitch in - don't wait for a few volunteers to do it all. Please help! Proclamations are such an easy way to raise awareness locally. Newspaper stories at this time can save people from catching Lyme.

The funny story is that I picked this thread to post on because it seemed to have the most interest from LymeNetters. The unfunny story is that I picked a tick off my grandson's hair last week and we found a larva biting him.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really good at cleaning the hair out of the hair brush and putting the hair in my drawer. I then decidedly throw the hairbrush in the garbage. Halfway out of the room, I realize what I did. Funny thing is I do it all the time.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
santa_pax
Member # 8318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for santa_pax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my yesterday Lymie moment:

I pulled on a pair of sweat pants to go for a walk around the park across the street.

When I got home and took the sweats off, I realized there was a pair of socks bunched up in pant legs from the LAST time I wore those sweats. They had been there during the whole walk and I didnt even notice! Duh!

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 58 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement