LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » teen with lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: teen with lyme
Cougar
Member # 8769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cougar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey people! I'm a 17 year old girl with Lymes and I'm wondering if there are other young people here.

I've enjoyed just looking around on here; I felt thankful for the health I do have even after 6 years of lyme disease. Have any of you found anything that really helps? The only thing I've found is VIBE. Not that it's "healed" me, no way, but I went from feeling like I could hardly take a shower to actually feeling pretty good, and that was in about a week of starting it. So that was great.

I'll be praying for all of you. Lyme disease is no walk in the park... it just leaves many people wishing they could walk anywhere.

ps
if you guys want to know
more about Vibe just send
me a message

Posts: 5 | From UT | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cougar,

I'm one of the younger people on here - not a teenager anymore but not too far away from it (I'm 23). I've been sick since I was 15 and probably infected since I was 8 or younger so I definitely know what it's like to be sick around your age.

Feel free to PM me anytime or e-mail me at [email protected] sometime if you want to talk about any specific issues related to being younger and being sick. There's also a Yahoo group for Lyme teenagers if you're interested - you can join it HERE.

Peace and healing,
Annie [group hug]

--------------------
 -

Lyme Out Retreats

My Lyme Journal

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cougar. My daughter just turned 18. She does not technically have Lyme, but she is chock full of the Bartonella bacteria. There wasn't a tick bite to pinpoint infection, it could have come from many sources.

Don't think I'm wierd, I'm posting for her because she hasn't been able to sit up at a computer for a while, and her cognitive process is impaired. So, I read and filter the information to her.

Okay, my questions: Have you had trouble attending school due to the illness. Have your friends gone on without you? She hasn't attended a full year of school since her freshman year, the phone calls stopped two years ago.

Thank you for coming on board, it would be great for my daughter to have someone to share her experience with.

By the way, I have never heard of VIBE. Are you taking antibiotics?

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Cougar! Breaking this up for neuro lymies like me. Please hie enter often and doule space between each paragraph....thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Cougar:

Hey people! I'm a 17 year old girl with Lymes and I'm wondering if there are other young people here.

I've enjoyed just looking around on here; I felt thankful for the health I do have even after 6 years of lyme disease.

Have any of you found anything that really helps? The only thing I've found is VIBE.

Not that it's "healed" me, no way, but I went from feeling like I could hardly take a shower to actually feeling pretty good, and that was in about a week of starting it. So that was great.

I'll be praying for all of you. Lyme disease is no walk in the park... it just leaves many people wishing they could walk anywhere.

Welcome to this 24/7 LYME support group board!

Here's TREEPATROL's and Tincup's combination newbie links.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/029917.html

Print off the links then check them off as you read as you could spend
several months reading all of this.

print & read Dr. Barrascono's 2005 info first; you will come back to this
often.

Extensive info in Treepatrol's newbie links about the meaning of WESTERN BLOT IGM/IGG test results from Igenex! Be sure to read or print this info IF Igenex tested you ok!

Also, see Cheryl's extensive web sites on: LD DIAGNOSIS, SYMPTOMS, & TREATMENT ... wonderful! Read the area on CO-INFECTIONS! You
could have from 1-12 other illnesses that tick is carrying...lyme, malaria, etc.

If you are showing symptoms of co-infections, I would like to suggest being tested for co-infections when you have LYME western blots done. It isn't
cheap!! But if you are positive, you can treat the co-infections first, and then work on LYME symptoms.

http://www.lymeinfo.net/lymediseasetreatment.html

EYE SENSITIVIES & NOIR, no infrared sunglasses info., 2-28-06 updated

YES, I have what you have! Are you on doxy too? That made my extreme eyes
200% MORE sensitive than they we were earlier.
I learned a lot about eye sensitivity/lighting on
www.marshallprotocol.com board.
Look for AUSSIE BARB'S EAST FINDER and then eyes/sunglasses, etc.
Wealth of info there.

I ordered the NOIR sunglasses. 2-26-06 corrected wrong email to:
http://www.noir-medical.com/noir_amber.htm

You will need 2% amber and 10% amber ... Style no. 901 and 910.
1-800-521-9746 TOLL- FREE

mention you have lyme and marshall protocol, they will give you 20% off!
Also they have been kind enough to replace the SCRATCHED LENSES & BROKEN BOWS! How's that for service?

I don't drive often at night, but I can wear NOIR's 901 lenses at night while
driving; it creates soft candle lights coming at me...tolerable. NOT to wear in
town with all the action of people crossing where they shouldn't be, etc.

from LOU to Betty on LONG web links and Thank You Lou!:
"If you hit the return key in the middle of a link, I don't think it will be clickable anymore. An alternative that maybe Betty should be telling people about is the tiny url website. I have it on my tool bar at the top of the page and use it for
those incredablylongwebsiteaddresses.

All you have to do is ask tiny url to produce a short version, which it will do with a unique address, which you then use instead in your post. Works just the same when clicked! Here is the website, spread the word!

http://tinyurl.com/

3-1-06, fyi, I tried dragging tinyurl to my toolbar without success, so that's why I currently have LONG addresses vs. short tiny ones! I'll keep trying.

UNDERSTANDING HERXING REACTIONS
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=041517

Tincup's explaination of Camp A and B, Steere vs. Burrascano, on short term antibiotics vs. long-term CHRONIC abx.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021395

Do NOT mention my name; she's the one who was nasty to me lately on the "we don't want you at the lyme support group meeting".

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cougar
Member # 8769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cougar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that link, I'll look into it! [Smile]

Trouble with school? While I've had it for about 6 years it didn't really flare until a little over 2 years ago, while I was at a boarding school.

I've been homeschooled these last 2 years of highschool. However I was going to go back to school for my senior year but I couldn't handle it.

I had 1 friend that didn't understand that I why I couldn't come even though I had Lymnes. Most my friends are out of state so I can mostly email and talk on the phone which is nice.

But there are times when I feel like I just can't keep up with what normal teens do. Sometimes it is even little things like having to take all my "stuff" (antibiotics etc)

If your daughter wants to email me I'd love to be email friends! (my email is [email protected])

Posts: 5 | From UT | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I received an email from a girl named Holly, as well, but can't access my private message box here. Could you resend it. Yesterday was a lonely day for my daughter and I told her she really needed to connect with you guys.

You all have endured something very few your age have to deal with...it's terribly hard, but I know that you will all be used in a powerful way throughout this process.

Do you all post on the Yahoo teen site?

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concerned mother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for concerned mother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is 16 and has lyme. He has not been in school since September and is taking a few classes at home with a tutor. He has such bad headaches that he cannot do anything. He also sleeps about 15 hours each night. I wish there was something more that could be done to help these teens. He was such a good student and athlete and very outgoing. This disease has changed our lives!

--------------------
Amy Holloway

Posts: 255 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to all of you..These diseases are very difficult to deal with..My daughter is 19 and has so many other problems...Depression, OCD, juvenile diabetes and worse.. So we live this daily..

There are many posts in the archives to help from MO and others..YOu could do a search about school issues, etc and should get a lot of info..

Again, best of luck..It is hard..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am old now (29).... but I have had lyme since I was 10.

So I know what its like to have it and struggle with it at your age.

I know there is a teen site somewhere ... maybe someone else knows the address.

Best wishes [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maeflower21
Member # 4379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeflower21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cougar,

I'm 19, and I've had Lyme, Bartonella and Babesiosis for probably close to 10 years but I've been in treatment for 3 1/2 yrs. Feel free to email me ([email protected]) if you ever want to chat.

Good luck with your treatment and recovery!

Posts: 56 | From RI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jons
Member # 8867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not easy for teens -- so much everyone wants to do but might not be able too. friends try but their lives move on on the days you are missing. try to connect with someone personally thru school or thru school counselors. email can only do so much.

we wish you well. be active when you can & be an activist for LD too.... use what you know to help others...

--------------------
mom & co.

Posts: 31 | From ny | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onesmartgal
Member # 5787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesmartgal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is 16 and has lyme. He has not been in school since September and is taking a few classes at home with a tutor. He has such bad headaches that he cannot do anything.

I have four children who are presently infected with lyme, along wiht myself. My eldest son is 14. I certainly empatize with everything you have written. Multiply what you observe by four and it is overwhelming. So far the kids are still functioning in school. However, I am fully aware that h omeschooling may be necessary. The children resist the concept of homeschooling.
They are currently all undertreatment and antibioitc protocol. MY boy has headaches so bad he is often unable to function. Pediatricians are no help and can't imagine antibiltic therapy for so long. I rarely use them as a support due to their negative position. Feel free to email me and you have my prayers!

By the way, my kids are all in denial that hey have anything....no less Lyme. We all became sick at the same time. [email protected]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement