LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Correction/Scott was Not Banned/Website not allowed (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Correction/Scott was Not Banned/Website not allowed
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey All,

I am confused.
Why in the world, when someone like Scott, or others be instructed not mention their website?

I thought the objective of this forun was to gain information about Lyme.

If Scott or whomever has done research, gone to Seminars, experienced Lyme issues themselves, then why isn't this accepted?

Scott, Marnie, Gigi and others have done alot of foot work for us.

As we all know researching Lyme is ENDLESS.
Anyone who can help us out, I appreciate.

I am a big girl, I don't HAVE to go to any website, only if I CHOOSE.
I also have a choice in what I take from anothers website. [group hug]

I, like the rest of us want to become whole again.

Good Grief!!!!

Peace,
BJG

[ 21. July 2007, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: BJG ]

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This new development saddens me a great deal also.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait, they can not tell people about their site?

Why on earth would that be? That does not make any sense? Does anyone know the logic behind that?

Lymenet is just a whole bunch of information from people or other websites. This just does not make sense.

And what exactly is not allowed now?

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too want to jump on the band wagon and say that I honestly don't understand this either. I for one personally have gained some very good information from Scott's page and saddened that he's unable to share all the work he's put in to accumulating information for those of us suffering from this horrid disease.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?? When did this happen? Do I have to take my site off my signature now? He had a lot of useful info and was a nice guy with good advice. Why does everyone have to ruin everything with censorship?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is in the lymenet conditions for use:

http://www.lymenet.org/terms.shtml
7. Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.

I believe mentioning your own website when it has advertising on it is prohibited.

I personally don't mind but there are some on this BB who do.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats sad

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like putting your personal link in your signature line is not in violation of the terms of use.

Certainly putting your Homepage in your profile is allowed.

Just a thought for Scott or others with a desire to share what they have learned on a separate site...

Put a link to your profile in your signature line.

That should be perfectly legit.

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh. When did this happen?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Terry,

I understand your point.

Here is my concern.

I want to be gentle here and not offend anyone.

I believe, from past experience, here on Lymenet., there are a few people who have issues with anyone who have expereinced success, in any manner.

I do not know their motivation.
Is it jealousy, personality conflict, illness, boredom, I don't know.

I encourage you to look at the BIGGER picture rather than fall to a few complaining people.

What is the objective of Lymenet.com?

What is Scott selling?

Scott has no finacial gain in informing us with Lyme information.

He gives us information here and on his website.
It is up to each of us an individual to check things out.

I have made reference to a detox site that I found helpful.
They rated detox programs.

I have no finacial interest in it.
It was very helpful and descriptive.

Will this be allowed?
It is information.
It lists detox info, brands, sites etc.

What happens if someone finds a less expensive site for Samento/Rife/ABX/Salt/etc. Are we allowed to share that info?
What if someone finds a great product, will we be able to obtain that info?

Can we discuss clinics, protocols, seminars, or anything that SOMEONE may benefit finacially?

Please know, I do not know Scott, never met him.
All I know is he and his website have been helpful in fighting this terrible disease.

I guess what I am looking for is where is the LINE of what/who is accepted and what/who is not.

I understand your stand with B Rosner.
Although a great book, advertising for it did not meet Lymenet rules.
I understand blocking anyone from making money on this site, even if what they sell helps us.

Again, although easily confused, I don't agree that Scott, OFFERING his website as Lyme Info is NOT in compliance with your rules.

I recall many of us making reference to a Townsend Letter.
It made specific suggsstions for treatment.
Is that allowed?

Again, I am confused.

Respectfully,

BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

OOPs,
clarification.

After reading the rule, I beleive Scott is compliant.

What is he selling?

BJG

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BJG - you are singing to the choir. It's not up to me. I have a website with research that I'd like to share but I don't because there is advertising on the site.

I'm just repeating what I've heard. That the terms of use prohibit us from advertising. Probably best for someone to write to the powers that be and clarify this if it has not already been clarified.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott's not the author of that eBook, Bryan Rosner is.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BJ, is there a link about this? all knew to me!

which of moderators made this decision, and hopefully one of them will shed more light on this instead of us stressing ourselves out wondering why? thanks for any input you may have!

scott has been very helpful to all members on this site, and has user-friendly terms that help all of us neuro lymies! bless you Scott for sharing what you have on this site! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if this rule about not advertising could be discussed further. I think it is valuable and useful to know about goods and services that could help people in dealing with all their health challenges.

I think Scott's website offers valuable and helpful information. If this information is on his website, but not on lymenet, then isn't that enough of a separation from the lymenet board to be ok as a referral -- ie, to another site? Then people can pick and choose accordingly as to what they wish to do. I am confused about what's going on here re what is helpful to people who are trying to recover...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PortlandLymie
Member # 11976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PortlandLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To balance the biased and one-sided opinion given by Finete, I would like to say that I have purchased both Rosner's "Top 10 Lyme Treatments" book AND the salt e-book by Marc Fett, and I found both items to be very valuable resources, easily worth the money.

Finete says he/she "Already knew all the info in that book." I for one, did not know any of it. When I spend $60 on a tank of gas, it is easy for me to justify half that cost to get a crash course on some of these treatments.

The more I participate in Lymenet the more I am turned off by the people who participate most here. They are negative and venemous. Sad, too, as many newbies like myself end up here. I think the negativity and pessimism is part of the Lyme complex...it must be, because I have never met so many negative people in one place.

Portland

Posts: 31 | From Portland OR | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Hey Fin,

I certainly do not belong to a cult.
I don't follow anyone.
I do gather info from many sources.

If I do not agree with a source, I simply disregard it. Although Someone else may value and learn from it.

Kinda like food. We have different likes and dislikes.

This sight is not about good, bad, wrong or right it is about different approaches to the same objective. Kill Lyme.

I have not experienced any harassment when I have questioned or disagreed with most people on this site.

You mention a CLICK.
I have no idea about that-again, most everyone has been supportive and encouraging on Lymenet

Perhaps it is found in your critical manner of addressing issues.
Maybe you are taking things personally.

Example:

B Rosner's new book.

You my not have appreciated the book, but many others have. It makes no sense to assume everyone perceives all resources the same as you.

Be open and kind to all options, even if you do not agree with them.
That doesn't mean you have to agree, but disagree in a respectful manner.

We are all searching for the same thing.
There are many paths to get there.
At this point none of us know how to get there, or we would not be on Lymenet.

We are all on different stations of this Lyme jour
ney

Each of us look thru a our OWN lens and sees the world differently.

Let's spend time looking for and discovering a way out to this disease

Peace,
BJG

Terry, can you email me your website.
Thanks [sleepy]

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Clue me in - what's a BB? All along I thought it was a bug.)

I will throw out a rough guess here - a lot of information that is on Scott's website is not appreciated by some people reading and posting on this here very board. Alternative? Who needs it? We have antibiotics and can take them for another ten years! So we make a valiant effort to quell every bit of alternative information by riduculing it or encouraging the people by other means to leave. Why would anyone follow the Buhner protocol -- he is wearing the wrong hat!

Even I have spent a small fortune and time away from my husband and have worked many hours to bring some information here. It is also a pity that some people feel forced to stay lurking in the background not daring to post that some of the information we brought helped them. They might get hit by ridicule and frightening warnings. I get the mail - so I know.

I also have a pretty good sense of things going on behind the scene with some people who are trying to control this board.

The information doesn't come to Scott or me by Magic Carpet. It takes sitting and listening to endless lectures by some of the best people and it certainly didn't fly onto Scott's website free of charge. He is working his fanny off working many hours to put it all together for everyone.

My husband commented tonight after reading a few posts here that "the quality of this board is certainly not what it used to be" - boy, is he right. The old ones are mostly gone and the new ones are frightened or sense that not all is well here.

Whoever is agitating - look in the mirror - you know who you are. I certainly can sense who you are! Shame on you. This board is for the people and short-sightedness and one-dimensional overseers are in the wrong place. Lyme Disease is a multi-factorial disease.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of us posting at the same time here...responding to you, Portland, I think having Lyme/co's is an incredibly challenging, very difficult life experience.

So as part of my management, I try to find something positive, something enjoyable I can do as part of my daily experience. It takes a special effort, as most of us don't feel very good.

But when I manage to participate in something enjoyable, it's well worth the effort. I think we need understanding for our negativity, but at the same time, I want to encourage any efforts to make life a more positive experience.

And in that regard, I think Scott's research can help people feel better.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PortlandLymie:

Finete says he/she "Already knew all the info in that book." I for one, did not know any of it. When I spend $60 on a tank of gas, it is easy for me to justify half that cost to get a crash course on some of these treatments.

The more I participate in Lymenet the more I am turned off by the people who participate most here. They are negative and venemous. Sad, too, as many newbies like myself end up here. I think the negativity and pessimism is part of the Lyme complex...it must be, because I have never met so many negative people in one place.

Portland

Ummm...I am sort of still new and don't know alot, and don't want to offend anyone, but I would have to disagree.

First, most newbies wouldn't know a lot of the stuff in a book like that. Someone who has spent years on here or with Lyme would probably know most of what is in the book.

Secondly, I would disagree about the negativity and pessimism. I was a 'newbie' here a few months ago and I had never met people who were more supportive and understanding than the people on Lymenet.

I will admit there were times when some people doubted me and started stuff, but it was resolved and they were just trying to protect the site from fakes and such.

BUT, I got frustrated a few times with some comments made to me, BUT I have learned that the people here are VERY caring, understanding, supportive, and so helpful.

I don't know if I could have gotten as far as I have without the help of everyone on Lymenet.

Of course, this is just my OPINION. And everyone is entitled to there own.

But, my opinion is in disagreement. I think for everyone on Lymenet to continue to get on here and help each other no matter what, that shows that they are positive. They continue to go on and NEVER give up.

So, anyways, sorry for going on and on, but I felt some of the same emotions when I first got on here and people attacked me for believeing I was a fake and I cried and thought I would never get back on here, but I soon realized that I was very WRONG about the people on here.

I am rambling so I just want to say 'Thanks so much for being there and for being so helpful and supportive and giving me the courage and strength to go on!'

--------------------
Jesus sweated blood over the task that lay before Him.He could have escaped his brutal execution at anytime,but he didn't he stayed there for you.

God bless,Christi

Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, Christi -- this is a nice post from you -- yes, people have really tried to help you here, and I'm glad to read that it has mattered! I don't think this is the right site for you to tell us how you're doing now, but if you want to post in General Support, I'll read it...
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, your welcome. It's the least I can do for as much as I have recieved here.

As for this being the right site, I think it is. I mean, I know I haven't been diagnosed with Lyme or nothing YET, but I am working on it. I am HOPING that if I can get a Fibro diagnoses then I can work my way toward seeing a LLMD.

No one believes anything is wrong with me but you guys on here. I am hoping that maybe being diagnosed with fibro will help me. I know many on here have gone through the same thing.

So, I will continue to post in general when I need help and support because I know the people here are the only ones who can help me and be supportive because you all know what I am going through.

I am in the beginning stages of what most on here have been going through for what seems a lifetime.

I am throwing this thread way off track! I'm sorry. But, I have learned a lot. And someday when I become a doctor I will be Lyme-friendly because of you guys here. I can understand what you guys are going through more than others so I am going to help as much as possible no matter what.

Ok, to get the thread back on track, I will enter my opinion about the Scott thing. I don't understand the not posting website thing, but I can understand the advertising.

But, I have to say Scott's site has helped me a lot, as it has for many others. I don't see what the big deal is. This site is very helpful, but I think if people want to give advice for other stuff that would classify as being helpful as well. Isn't this site about helping others and such?

I don't know all the details and I may be making no sense at all but from what I have read this would have to be my opinion on the matter.

--------------------
Jesus sweated blood over the task that lay before Him.He could have escaped his brutal execution at anytime,but he didn't he stayed there for you.

God bless,Christi

Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe this is any big conspiracy against alternative medicine. If you'll direct your attention to the bottom of Scott's site, you will see this listed by the disclaimer

"XXXXXXXXXXXX.com does not sell any products though may make a small referral fee for products you purchase from links within the site."

Though his intentions may be completely pure, this illustrates that Scott does stand to make a profit from the products on his site, or advocating their use

I think this is the issue in question.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is the decision was not about any one person, treatment, or modality, but rather to keep the integrity of the site from going down the slippery slope of ads. If you have ever been on a site that isn't moderated well, you probably have noticed that trolls proliferate spreading bad information and then products that will resolve it. Really confuses the plain ol' comment from one driven by market forces. (And I'm not at all saying that is anyone currently on this board)
Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm saddened to hear this. i would not have ever known about foot detox pads without scott.

does this mean, however, they we can't mention products that are helpful, such as therlac? we can't recommend or comment on books?

this is beginning to sound like farenheit 451.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would certainly be helpful if Scott could clarify for us exactly what he was told by the Moderators so that we could understand what forum rules he infringed by posting a link to his website.

I think Blackstone is probably correct (mostly).

If any ``small referral fees'' Scott may receive are used for the purpose of maintaining his wonderful and informative website, then I still have a problem with the censorship.

Funds directly reinvested into site maintenance do not constitute profit, in my humble opinion, since Scott is only recommending products the he himself has found to be useful. "Profit" only occurs when revenue exceeds overhead costs.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Portland,

You mentioned the negativity of people here. This is why I am careful not to get too entangled / associate with many of the EI people at the Environmental Centers here. Many are so negative and spend endless hours discussing their illnesses and all the complications. So hung up on the illnesses, etc. I get dissed for focusing on emotional and spiritual, positive thinking aspects of disease, etc. I believe working on ALL three components have helped me.

Posts: 116 | From Plano, Texas, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well-

1. I didn't know about this or participate in any way in it coming to pass. In any way. I don't pay much attention to this issue despite it being made an issue with ME I do NOT see myself as polarized from alternative folks- at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I am almost rabid as a proponent of artemisia- There have been repetitive negative mean remarks being made about me over & over again by someone and it truly mystifies me as to why- so for the record-
I am not part of any LymeNet cabal and had no idea re this issue-

2. First thought- oh, how sad.

3. Second thought, what I wrote on other therad, I really LIKE Scott and respect a lot of what he writes

3. Third thought, oh, I better shut up or I am going to be called mean names again and demeaned again- and THAT is sad- I don't deserve that!!
so I do understand that post re speaking up because I have been called mean things by only a few people in here- BUT never Scott bless him- but choosing to participate and be honest on a thread like this invariably leads to someone calling me bad names- censorship indeed!!!

4. 4th thought= honestly he DOES link to products and make money off people coming to his site- and the more people on his site the more $ that he makes if they buy THROUGH his site is the way those things work thus every time he posted conference stuff it was making him money- I have had a Lyme site for 8 years at a free web place and have never taken money to keep it going

5. MAYBE we could have a place on Lymenet just FOR business related things- where we could have not only those people who make money but say it is not connected but also goods & services run by and FOR Lymies- which his certainly is- I think THAT would be a great idea- not just for Lymie Lymie stuff but for say, go to Saint Louis and support the local restaurant run by a Lymie-
we HAVE this kind of list locally where I keep the name of a great acupunturist who is Lyme friendly, a great opthalmalogist, a referral list!!! I think there is nothing wrong as long as it is above board

6. And finally, if I was in charge I don't know what I would have done- I think probably left him alone- but maybe this started because of the conference note thing- because he was saying I did this thing share share share but there was an ulterior profit motive there? I don't know!!
I don't know WHY this happened. I guess I would reread The Story of LymeNet and have a little faith that Lou and Jennifer and Marc Gabriel
know what they are doing and do it out of love!!!
Maybe we don't know the whole story at all!!!

Please no one call people names and insinuate vile things about them*)!*)*!)

With love for all,
Including those who demean me,

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymenet Rules say no advertising.
Everyone agrees to this when they join if you read eveything.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
This is why I am careful not to get too entangled / associate with many of the EI people at the Environmental Centers here.

Huh?? What's that??

What site is Scott on??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well put, BJG!

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still confused. [confused] What happened?

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calif said:

5. MAYBE we could have a place on Lymenet just FOR business related things- where we could have not only those people who make money but say it is not connected but also goods & services run by and FOR Lymies- which his certainly is- I think THAT would be a great idea- not just for Lymie Lymie stuff but for say, go to Saint Louis and support the local restaurant run by a Lymie-
we HAVE this kind of list locally where I keep the name of a great acupunturist who is Lyme friendly, a great opthalmalogist, a referral list!!! I think there is nothing wrong as long as it is above board

Calif, that's a great suggestion!

Also, I like buying a product from a fellow lymenetter. Scott is no troll. He is well-known and contributes frequently to this site. If I decide to purchase a product like detox footpads, I'm spending the money anyway. I like the idea of helping a fellow lymie at the same time. And, in the case of the footpads, the health marvel pads are the least expensive I have found anywhere. So, I benefited and Scott benefited.

What's the harm in that? I understand we don't want constant ads from outsiders. No-No. But Scott is not an outsider and he isn't a constant ad.

Perhaps California Lyme has the best suggestion. An ads section where we can go after we have read about the good experience of other lymenetters. That is no different than me posting the website of a product I have used and liked. Right?

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BJG or whoever,

please ask Scott to come on here and post the note he received FROM WHOEVER about this mess ok!

if he's been BANNED and can't come on here, ask him to send you a copy of the email he received so you can post it here! we need to get accurate info instead of all this speculation ok! thanks!

we need to be able to read the whole thing to understand what is going on so we can concentrate our limited energy on helping folks and dealing WITH ALL THE DETAILS! thanks! [confused]

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was scott really banned??

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Scott wasn't banned. He was asked to remove the reference to his BetterHealthGuy site from his byline.

So, if lymenet rules say no advertising, I think what I and others are having difficulty with is that we think Scott's site is important. How do we deal with this issue of wanting people to know about this resource?

I doubt that Scott is making much money off of all this, since he flies to conferences everywhere, does all his work for the Public Health Alert which I think is a free service(correct me if I'm wrong there), does all this research, and spends the time to write it all up for everyone. As well as testing everything under the sun himself to report back.

I can see where this discussion will include any and all advertising, since that is the issue here. And I can understand not wanting to be barraged by advertising. But at the same time, how can we alert the public to good sites like Scott's?

If someone mentions a site in their byline, that is not enough distance from Lymenet? I thought it was, since no one has to click on it or read it.

Just up for a little more understanding about this issue. Thx.

shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the idea of having a BB (that's an online bulletin board or message board, Gigi, Bb is the bacteria) just for people selling things. I know a Yahoo! group where they are allowed to put in one ad a month.

I can understand saying zero ads, though. Some people have come here and posted all over trying to sell products. If everyone who had something to sell did it, there would be no room for patients. So to be fair to all, all ads must be rejected. Even Scott's.

I don't see a conspiracy in that.

Gigi, I achieved remission on pharmaceuticals. Only. And in less than a year, not ten. I now an occasional vitamin, supplement, or herbal product for maintaining health. I just got back today from two hours of teaching dance to gymnasts. I can still outdance all of them.

I have nothing against herbal products. They are incredibly necessary in our arsenal of products to fight this disease. But I am strongly in favor of antibiotics as the first line of attack for those who can take them.

Please stop calling names ("negative nelly" I've heard from you more than once, among others) and your recent post...
quote:
I will throw out a rough guess here - a lot of information that is on Scott's website is not appreciated by some people reading and posting on this here very board. Alternative? Who needs it? We have antibiotics and can take them for another ten years! So we make a valiant effort to quell every bit of alternative information by riduculing it or encouraging the people by other means to leave....It is also a pity that some people feel forced to stay lurking in the background not daring to post that some of the information we brought helped them. They might get hit by ridicule and frightening warnings. I get the mail - so I know.

I also have a pretty good sense of things going on behind the scene with some people who are trying to control this board.

There may be a few people who disagree with you, but that is a far cry from "trying to control the board." I for one wouldn't have time for such nonsense.

Sorry, I would have preferred to email you, but you have no email link on this board. Feel free to use mine if you would like to discuss this further.

I appreciate what Scott is doing to help, and that you take the time to help. Thank you! [Smile] Let's all be in the business of helping, without exaggerating, whatever our point of view.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's had a link to his BetterHealthGuy website ever since I joined in early 2006. I would click on it and read his website, never feeling pressured to buy anything he recommended.

If you look at most people's links it will take you to a website that may contain a home business they have.

I'm not sure what set someone off on Scott, it's been a harmless link for some time.

Where is the happy medium to this? If Scott hadn't put his link there, I wouldn't have gotten a lot of information I needed.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack.....

Didn't know that about the DaninTexas thing. How do you know that?

Bummer.

Best wishes to all.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
robin,

thanks for the info stating scott was NOT banned; just asked to remove his website info!

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited Scott's site several times to read some of the information he provided. Like Kelly, I never felt pressured in any way to purchase products.

Furthermore, when I sent some private messages asking for more information, the tone was always one of helpfulness and kindness, and not one of authority. He strikes me as a person deeply engaged in the process of trying to find answers to this perplexing illness for everyone, including himself.

I would also agree with Tracy and others that any financial gain received would not nearly cover the cost of the time and energy spent researching, going to conferences, and compiling the information he freely offers on his website.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
Portland,

You mentioned the negativity of people here. This is why I am careful not to get too entangled / associate with many of the EI people at the Environmental Centers here. Many are so negative and spend endless hours discussing their illnesses and all the complications. So hung up on the illnesses, etc. I get dissed for focusing on emotional and spiritual, positive thinking aspects of disease, etc. I believe working on ALL three components have helped me.

That statement was quite negative in its self.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzman62
Member # 9871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzman62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure would be nice if one of the moderators would pipe in here and explain this entire situation.

Where are you?????

Posts: 41 | From Somerset County, New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just a thought but I am mentioning because it was the first thing that came to my mind.....I should have spent more time on Scott's site to see what kind of info he has there but I am so scattered, going from one link to another that I don't always get the full Gist of people's efforts.

Sometimes I wonder. Is Scott's info really helpful...sounds as if it is? I wonder if he has been promoting some very helpful treatment lately that certain factions don't want out there? Just a thought

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can some site administrator show up and explain why?

Scott's got info there that you'll find nowhere else, specially his useful notes on lyme conferences!

There are people in lymenet that DIRECTLY promotes products and are allowed to talk openly about these products without being banned or so. So I really don't get it. [confused]

We mostly know his website address by heart, but it's a pity for newbies.

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is going on? Scott is only trying to help people and he has been a tremendous asset to this forum. Without folks like Scott here posting a link to where to contact them, how are we supposed to help people?

Explain please!

bettyg
Unregistered

fyi, i copied this link and sent to both:

lou b and jenifer asking whoever took the action on him to come to this link and explain why to us all. [Wink]

Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LymeNet Users, [hi]

I will read all the posts in this Topic thread, tomorrow when I'm NOT exhausted, and respond to any issues / concerns.

I do recall communicating with Scott in the past and reinforcing to him the LymeNet "no advertising" policy.

After I read / review, I'll insure the LymeNet board of directors (I'm a member) are informed.

Good night,

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

UPDATE! Lou B replied, he'll read ALL COMMENTS later today after he's rested well! read his post please. [Big Grin]
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LymeNet Users, [hi]

First of all, after reading this ENTIRE Topic thread, my initial conclusion is there is mis-information being posted.

Second, this Topic is in the incorrect Forum as this is not appropriate in Medical Questions.
I'll leave it here for a few days, in case any of you want to read it, then I'll move it to an appropriate Forum.

Following is the link to the LymeNet Flash � Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agree
Specifically: Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.
The Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers, also known as Terms and Conditions or Terms of Service, were established and reviewed by the LymeNet Board of Directors and have been in existence, with minor updates/changes, since LymeNet was implemented on the Internet.

The website was advertising/selling products, READ ABOVE!
We have not, and will not, evaluate the validity or usefulness of the information on another web site.
Now, I will go through the posts and respond:
No one is being censored.
No one has been banned.
This is not a new development.
We don't have issues, there is no motivation.
We haven't questioned anyone's goodness, values or beliefs.
We will not have a place on Lymenet just FOR business related things as there are many commercial web sites available.
If a Moderator is needed, simply PM one of them. The Moderators are listed at the top of each Forum.
NOTE: When I use "We" in the above comments I am referring to the LymeNet Board of Directors of which I am a long term member.

Bottom line: LymeNet does not allow advertising.
That being said, there is nothing that prevents individual users from posting references and links to any web site, including commercial web sites.

Any questions?

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Hey All,

Clarification.

I did not state that Scott had been banned.

I stated that he was asked to remove reference to his website.

I think Scott reads the board and will respond if he chooses.

I had no idea that my statement would cause such a stir.

I just wanted to ask for clarification of the line of "what is accepted and what is not".

From the many responses, It appears that there is much more going on here than all of us knew.

After reading all of the responses, what becomes clear to me, is examining the motivations of people.

I believe Scotts motivation is get well and help us get well.

All of you have a great day.

Let's focus on getting whole and healed from Lyme.

I am hoping that the POWERS THAT BE on this site will read this post and reconsider their decision.

Peace,
B

lymedad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou,

I hope this gets to you before you all make a decision.

First let me say that "Better Health Guy" has been a real benefit to me and the health of my daughter.

Scott's enormous amount of research and personal experience has helped us cull through all the volumes of information on the internet.

Scott has never, to my knowledge, asked for or advertised for a single dollar of contribution to keep his work alive.

His website chronicles his experience and what has worked for him. He makes suggestions as to which product he has found beneficial; however, at no time have I read any "for-profit" endorsements.

I truly believe that not providing him the opportunity to at least have his website as part of his signature block is defeating the whole purpose of what you, and the members of the board, are trying to accomplish here at LymeNet.

Secondly, I've followed several of the links that individuals have for their "My Space" websites.

Without exception there are advertisements for everything under the sun, except any real Lyme related product.

Absolutely no help to anyone looking for Lyme information, unless you want to buy Michael Moore's latest book.

I'll close by just saying I know the policy concerning advertisements on LymeNet and I appreciate the reason for having that type of policy; however, I don't believe that Scott Forsgen's website really fits the real meaning for this type of prohibition.

Scott is providing information, not a product.

Thanks for listening.

LymeDad

Posts: 681 | From California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BJG:
Hey All,

Clarification.

I did not state that Scott had been banned.

Peace,
B

You're subject heading is misleading then.

Sensored/censored whatever- I think you got your question answer- Scott wasn't sensored or censored.

Peace be with you ,too,
Carol

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please correct me if I'm wrong. The key to the problem is the "self-promotion", which constitutes advertising.

Anyone who has benefitted from Scott's website can post whatever they found to be beneficial with a link to his site.

I think it's just a confusing situation because Scott is also "one of us".

I have visited his site and I had noticed that he was selling products. I believe that he was also quite open about the fact that he was benefitting from their sale. (If memory serves me correctly, it was quite some time ago.)

I never felt any sales pressure from Scott and never really felt as though he was doing anything other than sharing his own personal findings. (which I appreciated and hope that he will continue to do) I would certainly research any products thoroughly myself before thinking of purchasing anything from him or anyone else.

On the other hand, I certainly understand the need to control self-promotion on this site. We could end up with tons of people selling stuff on here, claiming to have Lyme, clogging up our boards with their contrived sales ploys and siting Scott as their reason to be allowed to do so.

From the posts that I have read from Scott, I do believe that he has just been trying to provide information that he feels the others could benefit from. I don't believe that he was motivated by personal gain and I do believe that he is a reasonable person. I have, on occasion, misjudged people's motives and I hope that's not the case with him.

I don't envision him as the type of person to be offended by a request to remove the link in his posts, nor take issue with a request to confine his link to his profile, if his motives are indeed pure as I perceive them.

I also don't need an advertising section. I prefer to ask for the opinions of others, when I am considering making a purchase. I find it helpful to post a request and get many opinions, based on personal experiences, when I need them. I believe the ability to do that is one of the great features of Lymenet.

If advertisers were allowed on the site, wouldn't we come to question whether they are influencing the tone of the board or worse yet, the moderators? [Eek!]

I haven't seen anyone able to point out where Scott may have made a fuss over this. Why has this become such a big thing?

The way I see it, he removes the link, continues to provide his input, we still see him as Lymenet family and life goes on. Anyone fascinated by him will check his profile or pm him for info. His site link probably just meant he'd have fewer pms to answer. Other than that, I don't think he'll suffer from removing the link in his posts.

Just my $1.50... [Roll Eyes] Sorry to ramble.

[spinning smile]
Ali

PS - Can you imagine the moderators trying to keep track of all the garbage that would be posted in an advertising section? [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] They'd never be able to control the rest of the board! [Wink]

[hi]
Nice to see you Lou! I've missed you! I hope all is well. [kiss]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cobweb:
You're subject heading is misleading then.

Sensored/censored whatever- I think you got your question answer- Scott wasn't sensored or censored.

I absolutely agree with Carol. You may want to change your subject line, if it was not your intent to create a disturbance. IMO, that's definitely an inflamatory heading.
[shake]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say "Ditto" to AliG's post about Scott and his website. I'm in total agreement with her. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Lou B, thanks for stopping by; reading everyone's comments, and then giving the official ADMINISTRATOR/BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S reply to all of us.

BJG, I agree; please edit your subject title by clicking on pencil icon opening up subject line & body text.

change last work to .... asked to remove his web link! click EDIT SEND when done.

now we know what this is all about. your title made me think he was BANNED! that's why i asked the question. peace to all. bg

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes lymedad I have a link to my myspace site. THat hurts my feelings you say there is no useful info. I have spent hours and hours adding on info to that site for my fellow sufferers. Inculding posting your letter which YOU gave me permission to do.

If you notice about half my friends on there hav e Lyme Disease. It is however MY page, and I do include pictures I WANT to put in there. Be it my daughter , son or dog. I am a person, lyme or not.

I have never tried to sell anything. And yes, I like Michael Moore. I think he's bringing our insurance crisis to the forefront. WHat is your problem with that? Why would you have to rip on me for trying to educate p[eople on Lyme? This is why people are leaving this site. You cant do anything, without being attacked by someone.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
You may want to change your subject line, if it was not your intent to create a disturbance. IMO, that's definitely an inflamatory heading.
[shake]

BJG is NOT known for creating disturbances. Give her a break.

I understand her concern.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
You may want to change your subject line, if it was not your intent to create a disturbance. IMO, that's definitely an inflamatory heading.
[shake]

BJG is NOT known for creating disturbances. Give her a break.

I understand her concern.

Lymetoo
"I had no idea my statement would cause such a stir" from BJG

I don't think AliG was accusing BJG, I think she was just agreeing with me to help BJG understand why her thread did cause a stir. The title.

Now someone needs to educate BJG on how to change a subject heading so she doesn't have to start a new post.

BJG-see BettG's last post-click the pencil icon at the top of your original post to this thread-it will bring up a screen where you can change the title. Click on your original title and retype your real question about what's allowed and what's not. then click EDIT at the bottom.

I think Lou B has answered her question-but if you change the title it might keep this molehill from becoming more of a mountain.

Now everybody go listen to some harp music ,it's very healing.
 -

Carol

lymedad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LisaS,

You're being overly sensitive. I did not mention your "My Space" pages, nor have I ever visited your pages; however, if you look at the top of everyone's pages on "My Space", there are advertisements for everything from Michael Moore's books to Hair Replacement treatments.

I certainly did not attack you or anyone else. I simply stated the facts concerning all "My Space" blogs, etc. Please reread my post and inform me where you feel I was attacking you or anyone else.

What you put in the body of your "My Space" webpages are your business. I haven't read a single word of anyone's pages, frankly I don't care. I have one motivation here in the "Medical" forum and that is helping my daughter with her battle against Lyme.

Frankly I'm surprised that you gleaned any reference to yourself, your webpages, your friends or your family from my post concerning Scott Forsgen.

Scott's site: www.betterhealthguy.com is purely concentrated on the fight against Lyme Disease and other TBD.

With the decision to no longer allow him to post his website as part of his signature, many new Lyme patients are going to miss the opportunity to read his research and personal story.

As I said in my reply to your PM, I could care less what anyone's feelings are relative to Michael Moore or liberal politics or Managed Health Care here in the "Medical" forum.

I do care; however, that people will be denied the knowledge of clearly outstanding work toward the fight against Lyme.

If you'd like to see my opinions on Michael Moore, the war in Iraq, politics, etc., I put them where they belong; in "Off Topic".

I respect your privacy and your desire to get well. Just don't make assumptions where there is no evidence.

Posts: 681 | From California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Hey All,

First my intent has never been to cause a problem.

I do apologize for the misleading heading.

I also apologize to Scott if I created an unpleasant situation for him.

I am naive to the potential of an uproar on thi site.

I now know to be very careful in what post.

No one has offended me by suggested/telling me how to change the heading.
{Tutu, thanks for your support and knowing me}

To be very honest, all of this stuff is NOTHING comapared to Lyme and all that goes with it.

The burning pain that I live with daily has certainly shown me what is worth getting upset about and what to let go of.

I will continue to support Scott's website and his committment to all of us.

Now, can we move on and find a way to beat Lyme?

Thanks
B

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Sale:

14 foot jon boat with motor- $450.00

Call 555-525-5454 after 5 PM for information.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Is this it TC?

-

does the motorman come with it???

looks like you can even dance on it.

any holes?

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...so THAT'S what the water table is....
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

I found a better deal.
 -

4 ft for $4.50 used for duck hunting so the guy says. See-he's pointing to one over his shoulder.

For an extra $19.99 he'll throw in an umbrella-which you can use for shade or throwing at the duck. Knocks them out long enough to toss them into the alligator pit.

CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Lou!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
For Sale:

14 foot jon boat with motor- $450.00

Call 555-525-5454 after 5 PM for information.

[Big Grin]

HEY, Tinny:

THere is something wrong with your number. They keep wanting to make a date with me.

Jim. [Cool]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
...so THAT'S what the water table is....

[lol] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

OK You ALL,

Now you are really going to get me in HOT WATER by advertising these SUPREME products.

We could all rent that lovely boat and have a Lyme convention of our own.

YEHAA!!!

Peace,
B [hi]

lymedad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8074

It's truely refreshing to see such outstanding humor amongst people who I know are probably really suffering.

Thanks for the chuckle.

BTW: I think the duck-guy is one of my cousins.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Cob, are you advertising the chair, the table, the duck-guy or the duck? Are online auctions allowed? Seems to me I remember we had a 00.00 bidding going for the ducks awhile back. We could advertise these items for 00.00 again and send all proceeds to the ducks. If we make no profit on our advertising, then hey, I bid 00.00 for the entire collection...If I win, I'll send them to Stow Lake in GG Park.
Cobweb
Unregistered

the color of the chair raises the price a bit to 000.00

anyone weighing <100 lbs pays more because the boat will still float.

anyone >200lbs gets it for less for two reasons
1. the guy selling the boat's afraid you'll beat him up when it sinks

anyone >300lbs is advised to keep the boat on shore

He is willing to throw in a life preserver for an extra $100.00
 -

Cobweb
Unregistered

Robin- how much do you weigh?
Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by lymedad:
amongst people who I know are probably really suffering.

Hey I resemble that remark. Are you saying I'm sick? [Big Grin]

BTW: I think the duck-guy is one of my cousins.

Looks like you helped him build it. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement