LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Any way to yeast infection-proof a bath?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any way to yeast infection-proof a bath?
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really hurting all over right now & I feel like I could really appreciate a good, long, hot soak in the tub. I don't even know the last time I've had one.

I'm on IV ceftriaxone and I realize that as a female, I would likely be asking for trouble.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything I might be able to put in the tub that would negate the risk.

Does yeast like acidic or alkaline? I don't recall.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have hot baths given you yeast in the past? Or does rocephin cause more yeast for you than other abx?

the majority of the time I have been disabled (7 years now)

I have gotten warm to hot baths...

partially cuz they feel good with my pain ... partially cuz sometimes standing is too difficult

I have never gotten a yeast infection from a hot bath...

When i had a picc I was just extra careful to keep my picc line and that part of my arm dry.

If you know it is going to cause a problem I hope someone can give you an answer...

cuz the hot baths do cause my body to relax... which helps with the pain a bit cuz
pain = tension in body
tension in body = more pain

so the heat breaks this a little for me.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't take baths. Just not ever "comfortable" lying there doing nothing. Weird, huh??
[also makes my neck hurt]

But it would seem to me that an important factor would be making sure the tub is somewhat "clean."

Just my take on it.

Enjoy!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe I've ever gotten one from a bath. I've just heard that you can get them that way & haven't pushed my luck.

I have enough problems without adding that to the mix. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my inlaws used to get them frequently and the Dr finally asked if she took showers or baths. He told her to stop bathing. It can cause infections.

But I agree, nothing is more soothing than a warm bath.

I think being exposed to the body oils/dirt and soap, shampoos in the water might be the cause of contamination.

Maybe sitting down and taking a shower, with the drain open would be ok for some. I have seen some shower chairs before. Never talked to anyone that used one however.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali-

here's a suggestion.

why not clean the tub, then take a long shower and clean/rinse yourself well.

then rinse out tub with some pots of boiling water, then take a bath?

baths feel wonderful and are good for detoxing to boot.

hope you can make yourself feel ok about taking a bath....

hugs, dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea, dilly!! And then rinse off with a shower to end. Whenever I've taken a bath, I've finished with a shower or I don't feel clean.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never gotten a yeast infection from a bath either, but maybe adding one or more of these things could help:

- hydrogen peroxide
- baking soda
- apple cider vinegar
- tea tree oil

also, if you don't have one, I'd get a filter for the bath water to reduce the chlorine and other irritants.

and try a peeled clove of organic garlic (nicked just a bit to let the garlic juice out...not too much though...ouch) -- wrap in thin layer of unbleached cheesecloth, and insert vaginally. change every few hours. it really works well.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try H2O2 in the bath and then when you get out.....spray a mist of it all over you body...I herx on this!

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey AliG- nothing like a nice warm soak, by candlelight with your favorite music in the background and a neck pillow.(that's for Lymetoo)

I always thought it was bubble bath products that had the potential to cause irritation.

I just do Epsom Salt soaks.

And when I get out I am sure to dry, really dry off parts where the sun doesn't shine.

I assume you are taking a healthy dose of probiotics,too?

Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Thanks for all the input & wonderful suggestions! [Big Grin]

I got too tired thinking about disinfecting my tub after my DH has had his fungi feet in there. [Eek!] [lol]

I think I'm going to have to make a game plan for this project.

I like the idea of shower/bath/shower. I think I used to do that way back when I used to take baths. I shkeeve the thought of soaking in dirty water & I know everything that was in the water would cling to me as I get out. Blechkkk!!!!

I'm thinking maybe the Epsom salts might do it. If I add some vinegar too, I can pickle myself. [Big Grin]

I have a tea-tree oil liquid facial cleanser that I've been using on my body too. I think it's anti-everything.

After some though, I can't remember where my stinking neck pillow is. The first item on the list has to be to find the pillow.

The smell of H2O2 nauseates me, so that's out. Maybe I can put a few drops of Lavender essential oil in the tub. That's anti-something, but I don't remember what.

Gotta do the candles, the light is so peaceful on easily agitated eyes. That means I have to get all the dust off of them. The music is a must too, so I have to find that little portable radio. (Yet ANOTHER task [Roll Eyes] )

I also have to burn that pile of laundry in there because I'll NEVER be able to relax if I have to look at that.

OK - now the fatigue is worse than the pain again and I remember why I don't take baths anymore. TOO DARN MUCH WORK!!!!

I'll have to start by doing all the laundry & cleaning the tub. Since that's a never ending cycle maybe I should start by finding a new home for dirty laundry.

I'm glad to know that people are taking baths without problems. Now that I think about it, I do remember that it was the "bubble" baths that were said to be a no-no.

Thanks for curing me of my fear of the tub. [group hug] I think I'll try to somehow implement my plan over the weekend.

Oh and the thought of doing THAT with a clove of garlic is a little too scary for me. I'll hold onto it though, as a last resort, if I should end up with a problem, so thank you for that contribution.

I did do a bunch of research, at a time I thought I was getting a yeast infection, and came up with a pretty bizarre method of taking acidophilus. I think I saw the garlic idea then, too. So please don't feel that my opinion on the garlic is in any way a criticism, it just sounds like it might be a bit painful.

After the acidophillus, I still panicked & ran out for Monistat-1, so it probably made no sense for me to even try it anyway. I still don't know if that would have worked. Actually, I still don't know if I was even really getting one. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always read and heard that bubble baths may give girls/ladies vaginal infections.

I've been doing detox baths with epsom salt for 4 years now and it seems to calm my itching and vaginal symptoms, not irrating at all. I'm also using some essential oils of late and they don't cause irriation either.

My vaginal symptoms started long before the detox baths. In fact there is something very odd in deed that occurred on the day the illness from hell started. It's how the ID duck came up with possible Toxic Shock Syndrome. After all he told me couldn't be lyme disease, in fact my MD dx of lyme was laughable.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It's the colored dyes and perfumes of most bubble baths that are so bad.

for my "bubble" bath I use a natural shower gel and just put a shot of that in for the bath. I have to be sure that shampoo
and shower gels does not contain milk. Really. some do and really cause me trouble for scalp and body.

I also find the milkier bar hand soaps create more gunk in the drains.
==================

CLEANING THE TUB

Biokleen (super concentrated) All Purpose Cleaner.

they also have a spray

Natural - non-toxic - biodegradable

Grapefruit Seed & Oragne Peel extract cleaning power

http://biokleenhome.com/products/household/general

I used this to clean everything. It's amazing how it can clean a tub. Really.

===========================
PITCHER

I keep a large acrylic pitcher by the tub with which to rinse after a bath so I don't have to stand up. I also put a little of the Biokleen on a cloth and clean the tub while I'm still sitting in it, rinsing it. Then myself - it's slippery, so sitting works.
Cleans like a charm.

-------
Against my usual non-toxic style, however, a couple times a year, I'll use a little watered-down chlorox to get rid of the mold build-up in all my sink/tub drains. Then I follow with very hot water.

Good ventilation when doing so. You'd not want to take a bath for a while, though, as the smell stick around. I leave windows open for hours when I do this. So, this time of the year might be hard.

I've not found anything else that will destroy the gunk in the drains - not baking soda, not vinegar, not boiling water, etc. the Biokleen helps, but now and then the drains just need a little stronger stuff.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Keebler....How much is the biokleen? The first one on their homepage??

I didn't want to register....one more spam to deal with. If the price is right, I want to order some....then I'll deal with the spam!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I buy it at my grocery store.
Wild Oats or Whole Foods would have it.

http://biokleenhome.com/products/household/general

I just called the mfg.

They don't sell through their web site and they don't sell from their site. They also don't do spam or email lists.

They do have a store locator with zip-code to find a store near you.

Or there is an on-line retainer link so you can find one in your state, or a nearby state, to keep shipping charges low.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh and the thought of doing THAT with a clove of garlic is a little too scary for me. I'll hold onto it though, as a last resort, if I should end up with a problem, so thank you for that contribution. .....please don't feel that my opinion on the garlic is in any way a criticism, it just sounds like it might be a bit painful. "

AliG, I'm so offended!!! hehe you made me laugh [Smile] no, it's definitely not for everyone! (but it's not painful..unless you cut the clove open)

yeah the vinegar's not for everyone either. although it's not too bad - I use apple cider vinegar..it really alkalizes the bath and has a lot of healing benefits. and as much as I hate to waste water, I have to shower after baths too. especially if I've started to pickle [Smile]

try just epsom salts and lavendar oil -- calming, anti-inflammatory, and I think it may also have antibacterial effects. and maybe add a couple drops of tea tree oil.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere - wish I could remember where - that you can used hydrogen peroxide (dollar store brand is fine) as a disinfectant.

I pour it into a small spray bottle and use it in my bathroom and kitchen. No toxic smell and it supposedly turns into plain water when it goes down the drain.

You could use it to clean your tub then soak all you want. Maybe this might help. [Smile]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the bath, dry yourself with a hair dryer. Don't put on underwear until you are completely dry so the underwear doesn't get damp. Then open up a probiotic capsule and put the powder on yourself.

I don't think a bath is a horrible thing. It's keeping the area damp afterwards. So you don't want to sit around in a wet bathing suit.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that baths aggravate yeast problems only when they are soapy. So I don't lie around soaking in soapy water -- only soap and rinse off very quickly at the very end. I think taking a shower after that is a good idea. Plain hot water with epson salts seems fine.

Also, the biggest thing for me in helping with candida issues was to HUGELY increase my dose of probiotics. I used to take 1-2 capsules a day, but when I increased it to 10-20 a day, that really helped. I can also vouch for the garlic technique, and for lomatium tincture, which I have found to be the strongest tincture to take (orally) for any acute outbreaks.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Keebler....I have Whole Foods around here ONLY in my DREAMS!!!!

Maybe when I go to Texas for Christmas I can stop by one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 7 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ali,

I know this post was from awhile ago but I'm new on here. Hope you got around to taking your bath!!!

My daughter recently had a vaginitis and her doc told me to give her baking soda baths without any soaps.

She said when I need to use soap on her to use Eucerin Baby Wash but only at the end of the bath and to rinse well. It's actually is a very good cleanser (but mild) and suds' up great so I think adults could use it. CVS has it.

I also think shower, bath, quick shower rinse after is a good idea also. In a clean tub to start of course.

Epsom salt baths are good also.

Laura

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Thanks Laura for the info on the baby wash.

I never DID get around to taking that bath. [bonk] [lol]

I'm still periodically fantasizing about a "Calgon moment".

It's actually funny, but I've always taken showers before & after baths. I can't stand the thought of soaking in dirty water & feel the need to be sure I've rinsed off any residue from bath oils/soaks.

I don't know why I'm so paranoid about the possibility of a yeast infection. [Eek!] I guess it's just because I know the ABX can make us susceptible to them.

I still haven't had the strength to scrub my tub to OCD sterile perfection. [Roll Eyes]

Some day my bath will come! [Big Grin]
(tune of "some day my prince will come")

--------------------

Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live for my baths. I clean it with Seventh Generation tub & tile cleaner. I have a portable cd player with headphones (battery operated so as not to get electrocuted) and listen to books on cd.

I have a backrest from Bed Bath & Beyond (think it was less than $20, I light candles, pour in epsom salts and baking soda.

Besides sleeping, this is my ONE other escape from my tortured Bart-brain. I sweat like mother and then I relax on my bed in a robe and fantasize that I'm a normal person. [shake]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Clarissa,

That really takes me back! I used to do the whole candles & music thing. I even used to keep adding hot water, just to stay in longer.

There was actually a point in time when I used to take a glass of wine in with me. That's out now, thanks to the ABX [Roll Eyes] , but I can still break out some candles & music. [Big Grin]

I think I'm going to have to set a goal & actually "plan" for some "me" time. I'll have to "set focus" and "go OCD" on my bathroom.

I can get the candles out for motivation, play some music while I clean and then reap the rewards for my efforts by collapsing into the tub for a good long soak.

Now, when can I fit this in??????.........THIS is the hard part! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too use baking soda sometime in my detox baths. Especially in the winter, when my skin is so dry.

I hardly ever use soap. I soak 10-12 minutes. Then start scrubbing my skin with wash cloth. Then I scrub with my loofah. Then out I go.

If I feel I need soap it's not until the very end. Quickly wash those areas and then out.

I also do a great dry off removing any moisture from all areas

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AliG: I say GO FOR IT! Plus, it's good for your OCD to do something that you fear (not that I always practice what I preach...lol).

I also have two big sports bottles of water and I'll stay in that tub for at least 45 minutes. Be sure to bring in some nice washcloths to wipe the sweat. I love getting into a good book on cd...can't wait to hear the next chapter.

It is a "calgon" moment and we Lymies need something to look forward to in our day. I'm a yeastie creature by nature but I have not found this to have ANY additional impact on my yeast problems.

I'm on the strict diet, take Florastor, Primal Defense, Natren Healthy Trinity, liquid Nystatin (hurl) but, as Lymetoo would say about her Mangosteen, you'd have to get in a tussle with me on the floor if you took away MY BATHS!

You go, Sister Sledge!

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ali,

I think as long as you're faithfully taking probiotics you'll stay healthy...everywhere [Wink]

Use the blow dryer on the warm setting after a bath to dry the area. The external area can be dried; the inside is not meant to be dry.

The blow dryer also helps babies avoid & overcome problems with yeasty diaper rashes.

The yeast from our digestive tract may contaminate the perineal area...whether we're adults or babies.

I used to get yeast frequently, but in the past year and a half (while in treatment) I only had one yeast infection...right after starting antibiotics.

Since then I've taken the probiotics religiously and have had no more problem...even without a sugar-free or even a reduced-sugar diet.

Happy drying!

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
clorox bleach or clorox spray cleaner will kill any yeast, .mold,fungi, aids, herpes, most bacteria, most viruses, most everything.
spores ie tb are very difficult to kill.

when guidelines first came out to sterilize
dental offices, we used straight bleach, kept wet for 20 minutes then wiped.

the problem in a dental office is that we had alot of aluminum in the dental units and bleach desolves the aluminum.
so we went to a lysol for hospitals that has phenol
in it.

now i don't know what they use.

but for bathrooms bleach kills everything.
just leave wet for 20 minutes and rinse out.
just keep away from clothes as it will bleach
colors out of clothes

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Clorox bleach or any brand of bleach makes me sick. I only rarely use it on my shower tiles & floor. I have to wear a mask. Close the bathroom up and run the exhaust fan all day and run my fan on my furnace continuously all day.

I'm am chemically sensitive. I try and only use vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide the more natural stuff that doesn't make me ill. Cleaning supplies in the grocery aisle are toxic to me.

It took me 7 years to figure this out. I haven't bought any of the "supposedly" friendly products that can be bought now a days. They are expensive and I just haven't got into this stuff yet.

Vinegar, peroxide and baking soda are doing the
job for me around the house. Baking soda & water clean up soap scum on shower tiles great.

Oh yeah, I water down the bleach and don't use it at full strength, if and when it's time to bleach the tile in the shower.

Just information that I had to learn for myself, when I realized how my body reacts to toxic cleaning supplies.

Pam

--------------------

Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use an equal part of baking soda, epsom salt and sea salt in the tub. This does not irritate any yeast infections either and it is relaxing.

I was put on Diflucan for the first time in 11 weeks of IV Rocephin today. I think it is because I ate too much junk this week and did not take the probiotics at the same rate. I have to take them three times a day and I eat Fage 0% yogurt once a day. This worked until I became lazy with it....then the yeast infection came very fast.

Monica

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

[woohoo] [woohoo]
DH just read about his "Fungi Feet" and volunteered to disinfect the tub for me!
My bath may not be a pipe dream after all!!!! [Big Grin]
[woohoo]

--------------------

Ruthie1776
Member # 13889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruthie1776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all-

My Naturopath says vinegar/sea salt baths are very helpful for the toxins and for coinfections. Her recipe is 2 quarts of apple cider vinegar, 1 pound of sea salt, 6-7 tbsp lemon juice, 6-7 tbsp baking soda. It is 1000 times stronge than an epson salt bath. Beware, the water will feel 10 degrees hotter than it is. You will feel it! Minimun 30 minutes in the tub also....make sure to bring lots of water to drink while you are in there. You will get thursty

By the way....anyone heard of sea salt vitamin c treatment for lyme?

Posts: 22 | From Chicago | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Ruthie, sounds like a great detox bath idea, BUT some need to be aware that harder, stronger and more and more quickly is not always good with lyme & company.

The first year of taking these detox baths with epsom salt were hard on me and not always in a relaxing way, but very draining. Sometimes trying to detox too quickly is even worse than taking 10 different abx at one time, thinking you are going to kill everything in one shot??????

Slow and easy with detoxing also. 1000 times better is great if your body can handle it. Not everyone can do a big old detox bath and it make them feel better, many could really crash.

Your naturopath needs to learn alittle more about detoxing with lyme & company. Not everyone could benefit from this 1000 times stronger detox bath.
Some should start much more gentle.

Pam

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement