LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Tell Us Something Good That Happened In Your Life Today (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tell Us Something Good That Happened In Your Life Today
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter turns 30 on April 18th.

I got a letter from her today telling me what a great mom I am.

She told me how much she appreciated everything I had done for her all her life.

Four pages of why she loved me. She is my only child.

She signed off the letter "Take care of yourself, Mom, until I can take care of you".

No reason for the letter. It totally came out of the blue and made my day, not to mention my year.

Anyone who has a teenager who "knows everything" and you just are at your wits end. It changes.

That was her. I always said, she would have breast fed herself is she could have.

There is light at the end of the teen-age tunnel.

Been there and am reaping the rewards of hanging in there. It's a great day. Love trumps all.

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zeb, OUTSTANDING; brings tears to my eyes. [group hug] [kiss] [kiss]

i typed a 1 page full letter to mom/dad telling ho much i loved them and what they had each taught me.

it was posted on side of refrigerator where she did her baking, etc....well read!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeking,

I can really appreciate what you are saying, because every month when I go to my LLMD, he has the sweetest, most happy and upbeat receptionist and she always makes me feel special.

I always tell her she is like a breath of fresh air.

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zebco,

Ahhh, that is the most wonderful kind of love. It's the best when your not expecting something like that and then it happens. You must be an amazing mom. How sweet.

--------------------

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theviewfromthecurb
Member # 10310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theviewfromthecurb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lately things have been hard... a lot of pain from herxing on mepron.

I feel happy that i made it through another dark night last night...
and now, i feel sleepy, finally, so i will tell myself that there are reasons for this illness and be grateful that at this very moment nothing hurts, and no seizures in 6 days!

So i need to get to sleep before something changes!

--------------------
well i know a disease that these doctors can't treat,
you contract on the day
you accept all you see...

Posts: 97 | From nor cal | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani1984
Member # 19436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just got out of bed, but I am here and

breathing for another day so I would say that

is a blessing. I also have three beautiful

children that I get to wake up to every morning

and a wonderful supportive, understanding

husband as well. So that's my goodness for so

far today. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Posts: 35 | From Cortland, NY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astriapage
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astriapage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met the girl that lives next door to me-she is so nice and we have so much in common, like our love of birds and animals!

It is nice to know I might have a friend close by!

Posts: 303 | From Jekyll Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I am happy that it's the first day of spring. It's sunny outside and the birds are chirping and it always makes me think of new birth and new beginnings. Have a great day everyone.

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Anthing good happen to anyone today?

--------------------

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a really nice afternoon with my 2 yr old and 5 yr old grandsons.

They are such cute and wonderful boys!

Wish you could see them too.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I was approved for a Personal Care Assistant, effective tomorrow, for 53.25 hours per week. I can hire whomever I like and it is a open ended program.

This took a year to get set up. I cannot believe it came through, and starts tomorrow!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

here's a quick summary of my GOOD week including my 60th birthday on march 24 !!!

actually, it has become an ALL WEEK EVENT!

monday ... obama's health fair in des moines where i hoped to address chronic lyme disease/co-infections, but NOT enough time allowed; 2 hrs. vs. 4 hrs.

tuesday .. BIG 60! doing all paperwork to own this beautiful red van; our 1st ever. picking up my FREE BIRTHDAY CAKE by winning on local radio daily BD contest and buying my flowers. plus another business appt. there at home when i arrived. ate out for lunch.

wed. ... met lymenetter, BUGABOO, for a wonderful all you can eat buffet, and pigged out big time. it was the quickest 1.5 hrs. plus visit with both of us talking non-stop to the point our hot food was cold as we ate.

took some of my flowers, pink carnations & orange roses to my soon to be 97 yr. old aunt; she loved them and visited her 1 hr. plus; then stopped by my step-son's place showing him the van and having a quick .5 hr. visit. he has always remembered my birthday in his mind and calls me that night annually!

my step-daughter didn't recogize me this year; her husband is a CONTROL freak! we no longer have her current phone no. or her husband gets the calls ... see phone call is from me, and just hangs up!

thursday ... hospital weekly health education program; will be PARKINSON'S; dr. is my hubby's and i hope to tlak to him later. in fact, 1 yr. he let me bring in LYME INFO BROCHURES and leave in his rooms for folks waiting for him to come in.

also going to get my feet worked on by our homeward RNs at senior center, and at 60 you can eat there for $3.50; so think i'll try that meal too.

friday ... hope to finally get to nursing home again after 1 month. i WON TICKETS FOR JAZZ.... BLUE NOTES concert locally, so plan to take a girlfriend to that. i may have to take my construction ear protectors if music gets too loud for my LYME EARS!

right now, nothing schedule for sat/sun, and boy do i need to sleep in and just REST! this is way to much for this 60 yr. old snow white!

yep, did you all know i'm "snow white" hair and the 7 drawfs are me too:

happy,
sleepy,
dopey...lyme fog you know;
doc...sending out my llmd names/newbie info;
GRUMPY ... no need to explain that one!;
SNEEZY...do that all night long when sleeping!
and bashful .... back in my early days of growing up!

i hope that was their names; no little kids to read story books too to refresh my neuro lyme mind!

sat...i ended up going to our city's energy fair, and boy, did they have FOOD there!

really thick meat/cheese sandwich that was like 18" long and cut into 1" strips by 4" wide! lots to eat; potato chips, cookies which i brought home to hubby,
snow cones, both regular and CARMET CORN !! interesting displays on geo-thermal etc. and i got a yellow city hat from power crews!! i should have seen if they had any in LYME GREEN!

so my busy and fun week; now to get rested up, and i still have got to start loading my van up with all my "junk"/necessities taken out of century car, and READ new owner's manual.

so many changes in cars the last 17 years; i feel like a kindergardner just starting school learning what does what in the van. uffda [Smile]

jt345
Unregistered

Hey Kids

Today was the first day in 3 years I stood and played gutiar durning whorship.

I have had too sit on a stool ,because of pain and lack of strenght in my legs,but today I did it.

I seem too play better while standing,I don't know why I just do. I am still having a hard time playing and singing at the same time but that is my next goal.

I have such a buid up of lyme that I can not duel task. It is either play or sing. As a writer that is a real drag,but,as long I can keep on doxy and pace myself I think it is a doable goal.

appleseed.

can't wait too play pubs and coffe houses again. I miss the interaction with the people.
appleseed

bettyg
Unregistered

appleseed, way to go !! happy you have made progress, and you have your goals all lined up ... [group hug] [kiss]
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Thats cute Cottonbrain, because today I cheated because my daughter baked homeade cookies with her boyfriend and I too indulged and did not have a care in the world.

Now, if only the tin they are stored in were in someone elses house, I would be okay. =)

--------------------

jt345
Unregistered

As most of You know I am a hunter.So I have a natural love of shooting.

My wife has showed an interest in target shooting,so for her birthday I picked up a 22 cal. pistol for Her(a cowboy action gun). So We are going out for breakfest,then We are going pick up the gun and go to the range. It should be a good day.

be as well as you can be today
appleseed

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I am so thankful that I have two wonderful children.

I just want to wish all the moms out there a Happy Mothers Day!!!!

--------------------

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Martin won today!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt good for half the day.
I washed the dishes (this is a true miracle)
The neurontin has made the neuro pain/burning, tolerable
I found several items at the grocery store marked half off, including my favorite cut of meat!
My husband who has the patience of a saint, will be home momentarily and will kiss me.
I have six cats who love me.
I have sixty five baby silver mollys that know I am where food comes from and school together whenever I walk by.
I am being treated for lyme. That's the best thing ever.

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got out of bed. Victory for me!
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not able to read what others posted yet, but am looking forward to when I can.

I was out at dawn this am to toilet my dog via my power chair and heard the birds having their dawn meeting...chirping away.

Hoping to be able to get out at that time more often. don't know why but I really like that time of the day when the birds do that and in the evening.

I also went to the post office this am via my reclining power chair and found the book Healing Lyme in my mail box along with a pair of shorts I had ordered from walmart.

The shorts fit. Hurray! and they are soft. Soft was good before lyme but it is even more important with lyme and company.

So, thankful that I finally have the book now.

Next step is for the brain and vision to be working well enough to read it.

Also thankful for the gift of the book. [Smile] So, thoughtful of the person who ordered it for me.

OK. Now, I am getting up out of bed and seeing if I can do breakfast this am.

Also thankful I was able to take a shower this am.

Clean is good.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Ahhh, Kam you are a real inspiration!!!!

I love that time of day too. =)

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I am so thankful for the incredibly mild temperatures that we have been experiencing in northern California.

It has been simply incredible and there have been no fires yet. Gorgeous sunshine, mild temps, gentle breezes...AAHHHHH

After last years devastation I will be thankful for every passing day where there are no fires like we experienced last year.

--------------------

Kln
Member # 19070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kln   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday I saw my daughter, son in law and 2 grand daughters for the first time in almost 3 years!

Also my youngest son, his wife and 2 sons were here and it was the first time my daughter met the 1 year old and the first time she has seen the 3 year old since he was 6 weeks old.

Today my oldest son and his fiance' came to visit for a couple of hours also.....so I have had a wonderful past 2 days!

Posts: 13 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

KLN - YEAH!!!!!

What a wonderful homecoming reunion you all must have had. I don't know you, but I am so happy for you and can only imagine the joy that you must be feeling.

Enjoy your time together. =)

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

every monday afternoon i have been have a chiropractor treatment. he can do more in 5 minutes ... in/out.

he uses a DROP table; as he pushes on you hard, your body part drops when he applies all that pressure to pop things back into shape.

my neck i have him do a double dose on each side.

then he uses a high power massage thing briskly over entire back to get the blood flowing better.

well i feel good for several days or hours ... i feel good when i leave there [Smile]

got our bank statement; another lucky month of reconciling it without back tracking to see where an error occurred.

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Yeah Betty!!!!

Quick question: Does it hurt when he works on your neck? I have thought of getting my neck worked on which has been a major problem.

Thanks,

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

lies, it hurts at the time when he cracks it !! you take a deep breath and do NOT talk during the procedures ... i've bitten my tongue many a time.

i'm glad i have him double crack it each time as it's hard to relax when you know what's coming.

i feel so much better later. i asked why our necks hurt so much,

"do you sit most of the day .... on computer a lot and NOT moving our heads:" so we need to be moving it more keeping it loser. [Smile]

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Betty,

I have noticeable inflammation. It comes and goes in cycles. My massage therapist and PT can feel it. I literally get a huge lump in my neck that comes and goes.

I have neck creaking(sounds like popcorn crackling sometimes when I turn my head) and swelling. I get severe occiput pain and also severe headaches that come up over my head and behind my eyes.

All of this started after I contracted Lyme.

Anyway, I am happy that your neck treatments are working for you. I may try that just to see. I know the tension we have is a lot of it.

I will tell you that I am a chicken and know I will have a hard time relaxing though. ARGHH

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

lies,

think of what is to come like this ....

imagine that everything being CRACKED back into shape is an IDSA DR. BEING SHAPED UP into an ILADS DR!! lol [Smile]

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to do something nice for a friend.
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Ha Betty that is too darn funny!!! What a great visual... =)

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

lies, i hoped it would bring you a laugh [Smile] glad it did.
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered my first round of treatment from Allergie-Immun. Hope it will help resolve my hypertension and a few other things.

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Ping,

I am very interested in knowing how that helps you. Please keep us posted. I have heard of that, but don't know too much about it.

Do you need a scrip for it?

Good luck! Sending good vibes your way! =)

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I am so happy that my son got chosen to represent his school at Boys State and leaves tomorrow for a week full of what should be an incredible learning experience. =)

--------------------

Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was well enough to have breakfast with a dear friend, and then we did the grocery shopping.

Had a lovely morning in spite of the fact that it was already in the high 90s.

Now being restful, as it did take it out of me. Still a blessing!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Melodymaker,

That is wonderful. Sometimes it's so nice to just be with a friend and have a cup of tea or just chat.

To have one that can do the shopping with you is even better.

I hope you had a restful afternoon.

=)

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I am so thankful and happy that my air conditioner is working!

It's supposed to be 104 degrees here today and I can't imagine not having it.

I try to conserve whenever I can, but I am going to be using it today.

Have a nice one!

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

yes, thank you god for central AC !! used it straight for 10 days during these 90s days with 100 - 105 heat indexes!!

opened up house 2 days ago; great 70-80s temps!! [Smile]

dmbfan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmbfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my kids to the beach! watched them squeal with delight in the water. Soaked up the warm sun. It was great!
Posts: 368 | From freehold, nj | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I am thankful that God has allowed me to see my children start another new school year(Yes, it's crazy, but my kids started back yesterday!!!).

They both had a wonderful firs day and love their teachers. Now, I can plunge back into my work. Ahhhhhh!!!!

Hope everyone is well and has a great day today =)

--------------------

s0ngbird1962
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s0ngbird1962     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, not sure if anyone still reads this but I'm laid up in bed with pneumonia (ummm, not the good thing that happened in my life today, lol), but want to shout my good news out to the universe.

My Mom received word today that her latest lung scan has come back clean. No reoccurance.

After almost losing her 3 years ago from lung cancer, (Dr's didn't expect her to survive a month after diagnosis,) she's still here and well. Truly a miracle.

I'm truly thankful to have my Mom and best friend still here....

--------------------
Mom to a 5 year old lymie....
Taking it one day at a time.

Posts: 182 | From Ipswich, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

WOOT WOOT Songbird!!!!!!

Thank God it came back clean!!!!!

I do believe in miracles yes I do =)

I miss my mom soooooo much. She died 7 years ago and I still tear up. I am so happy that you know how precious yours is to you, as so many don't know until they are gone.

Hope she continues proving those dr's worng!!!

Ps hope your Pneumonia is completly gone soon =)

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent a week at the beach with my family and had an awesome time!

My beautiful, youngest grandson is turning 3 years old tomorrow!!!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great idea this post is! I have a good one to add.
We drove all the way up to San Francisco so I could have a brain MRI. I am clostrophobic and hated the whole idea. They spent forever getting me settled in the darn thing. And then it broke!

My husband told our kids that their mom had her head examined and managed to break a $5M machine. He thought it was very funny!

So then what did we do? We went to Golden Gate Park and strolled around the beautiful Tea Garden. It turned out to be a good day afterall!

I get to go back next week. This time I will take meds first! And maybe we'll plan some fun afterward. It's so easy to forget Fun when you're sick all the time.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Ahhh Debrator,

That must have been so much fun.

Farraday,

I love the Golden Gate Park. I am going there next month for my daughters soccer tournament. I love the Tea garden too. Went there last year.

That is funny about breaking the machine. LOL

So happy that you were able to turn a hard day into a fun day. Kinda like the cup half full eh?

I will think of you next week.

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

songbird,

so happy to hear the REJOICING news of your mom's good news of no cancer showing up!!!

give your mom an extra hug and kiss for all of us who have lost our dear Moms! [Smile] xoxox

we lost our mom 7-24-00; 19 yrs. ago due to colon to liver cancer.

10 yrs. ago 8-25-99 on my only sister due to breast cancer to liver ..

8 yrs. ago next week 8-17-01 for dad due heart & kidney failure plus diabetes, etc. and NEVER DIAGNOSED WITH LYME DISEASE FOR 80 YRS!!

my good news; after 12 LONG NIGHTS/DAYS; my computer had a new hard drive put in by kentucky & it arrived yesterday. they reloaded my files and i'm up and running....

writing down all the bugs to work out so it works like before; to much brain activity going into redoing things for each screen! uffda

glad some of you had some good vacations!

i feel for the woman going back next week for mri! the LIGHT BULB burnt out on me; they order these expensive things only as needed and lucked out since 1 extra had recently been sent at time of mine!

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Yeah Betty!!!!!

That is great. With all you do on the computer It must have been hard not having it running well.

Hope you are well.

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

well after 17 days of pc being down and out of state, i got it back right before 9 pm closing time!!

i couldn't get it up running at 1st and ended up with 1 EXTRA CORD i have no idea what it goes too! called store & together we got me going.

i'd recently made huge improvements of having it large print, verdana font vs. tmr on link pages, etc.

it went back to the factory SUPER SMALL FONTS, etc. took 30-60 min. to get things back to where i could read things.

SO HAPPY DAY; I'M BACK ONLINE and keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer; i'll stay UP not down! shaking my head ....

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

betty,

I am so happy that you got your PC up and running again!

I can see how much you depend on it to do all you helpful work!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer!

I'll be away for a few days. We're going to NYC.

Take care!

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Survived high ninety degree temps all weekend attending my daughters four soccer games!!!!

Was able to host a picnic style dinner afterwards for 55 people and sat around the pool and sang songs and mingled late into the night.

Then yesterday, I was able to power walk for over two miles with only mild foot pain afterwards that went away while I slept last night.

I have had a hard time lately exercising, so this was a huge accomplishment for me yesterday!!!!

I will not let this disease steal my life. LIFE IS GOOD =)

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

got my pc AGAIN today; still have problems; but finally got it to work so i can finally do some read here!
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Working on a major fundraiser project and so far my symptoms have not been too bad. Have been worried that I might throw myself into a major flare up again.

PS Betty happy you got your PC back!!!! YEAH!!!!!

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

I feel very blessed today.

I was very upset and sad last night to learn of all that Jessica was going through with her Lyme and her RSD and it really made me appreciate that however bad I have had it, it pales in comparison to what she and her family are enduring.

I thank God that I am not worse than I am and lift Jessica up to her. (See my post regarding praying for Jessica). [group hug]

Have a blessed day everyone and love one another.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for more good things.. and remembering the other good things that have come into our lives.

Gifts from friends are wonderful... and I am STILL so very thankful for my special gift.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BHealthyNow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BHealthyNow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to take my son to a Halloween party yesterday. I was exhausted in the afternoon, but it was so great to play with other kids and moms.

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, possible Babs
Currently on IV Doxy, Bactrim, Zithromax, Nystatin, Mepron
Been on nearly every antibiotic since 10/09

About 60% improvement. Dizziness, air hunger remain.
http://lemonandlyme.blogspot.com

Posts: 333 | From Boise | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard rumors our rent is going up.

Which doesn't surprised me since the elevator and fire alarm system was knocked out by lightening and was a big expense.

Many have moved out the past few months due to the increase.

Got a letter that I can't read all of it yet...but what I can read looks like my rent is staying the same.

This is a big relief.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a friend come visit today. She has been a faithful friend that sends encouraging emails and visits whenever she can.

She held my hand and prayed with me before her leaving to return home to her family.

It was also a rainy like day which I enjoy with a hot cup of tea.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone apologized for some hurtful behaviour toward me and we cleared the air.

It felt good to shed the veil of anger I felt toward this person and start anew.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woke up alive.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I was able to find a clean jogging outfit from last year that fit!

Now I wonder how long i will have it on before I spill something on it. HA!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At church today heard a great message.

I am filled with hope. Thank God!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I was able to sleep in my bed last night. A rare thing for me.

I even got up from the couch and walked into my bedroom and laid down and went to sleep like I did before lyme and company hit...with the exception that I use to read some from a book before turning off the lights and going to sleep.

bettyg
Unregistered

i had my annual eye exam yesterday; good news ... NO LYME OR DIABETES RETINOPATHY found in them!!

2 yrs. ago, diabetes retinopathy was found and this will come and go the rest of my life the specialist said.

just early catarats ...

kam
Member # 3410

Glad the eye exam went well Betty.

I was able to sleep in my bed again last night. Wow. 2 nights in a row of just getting up from the couch and going to bed almost like a normal person.

Took stuff that helped me to sleep of course.

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must have been a wonderful feeling, kam. The things we take for granted...

This morning I woke up feeling rested and clear headed! I'm savoring the moment.

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good moment to savor Topaz!!

Able to drive to the dog park this am. Which Rosie is thankful for. HA!

Thankful someone else at the dog park picked up Rosie's poop. I did not have what it took this am.

Kathryn
Member # 17034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woke up and made a list of things to do - both

short term and long term. This hasn't happened in

almost 4 years - so there's lots to do. I'm right

at the one-year mark into treatment, after being

sick for 13 years - and possibly much longer.

Posts: 78 | From South | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Congrats Kathryn!

I have a new toilet oak seat.

My old one cracked Friday.

Thankful the apartment manager went to the store for me and the maintenance guy put the toilet seat on for me.

Couldn't figure out why it gave me joy at first to see the new toilet seat.

I think it was because it was bothering me that I was not able to go out and fix it myself.

It was a constant reminder of how my health has gone south.

So, glad I am no longer reminded.

kam
Member # 3410

I am thankful I have AAA.

When I took Rosie out to toilet this am via the power chair, I noticed my rear tire was flat.

I heard a funny noise last night when I was coming home. but, I had heard funny noises coming from the tires before. So ignored it.

Glad my telephone skills were working well enough I could call AAA to come tow it to the mechanic.

Haven't been able to visit or call the mechanic yet.

Most likely will be able to first thing tomorrow morning via my power chair..I hope.

Glad they are within power chair distance.

MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received a call from the nurse today on lab work:

My ferritin levels, which were very low at 12 (range 10-291), are now at 48 -- the highest they have ever been.

Also that my liver enzymes have returned to normal.

Thank you God.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Wow. What a relief Morning song.

I was a happy camper because it has warmed up a bit here lately and I had clean scrubs to put on today.

I also just picked up the car and there was no charge for fixing the flat and it was only a flat.

I was concerned I might have to purchase a new tire.

Happy to have my car back.

Tincup
Member # 5829

This MUST be the year of special gifts. Spectacular!

I feel so blessed. It has been a life changing experience, no doubt. The generosity of special friends has been overwhelming.

After the wonderful gift I received this summer ... there has been nothing any better than that ... nothing... ever!

And..to add to that excitement....

Several years ago my parents home was flooded during a hurricane and they lost everything.

Because the insurance was a joke and didn't even provided enough for construction repairs, much less furniture...

I took my furniture to them to use so they would be comfortable and bought a new recliner for my dad. I spent all of my money to fix up their home at the time and was broke, but it didn't matter because my dad was happy.

As luck has it, after he passed away I never got any of the furniture back.

Well... the 5 years of having no furniture is over!

2 pick up trucks arrived yesterday, full of furniture.

The guys unloaded a new sofa, a big glass top coffee table, glass top end table, large comfortable chair, a big padded foot stool and a smaller chair.

And all of the furniture was made from bamboo! Just what I would have picked had I had the means to do so.

As luck has it, the family that sent it over had built on a new edition and wanted to get one of those wrap around sofas. They didn't want to get rid of this furniture so they stored it for a while.

They said it cost too much to just get rid of ... and it was practically new. But the hubby (neat-freak) said it was in the way and had to go!

So it was sent to my home as a gift.

All that I had was an OLD love seat (horsehair- so you KNOW it was old as the hills) that was soooooo uncomfortable-

And one old recliner chair in rough shape (picture the TV show Frazier and his dad's chair and you'll get the picture)...

Anyhow.. for the FIRST time this house felt like a home!

I stood on the porch when it was all in place. Then I looked in the driveway and saw my special gift... and then turned around and looked in the door to see the furniture.

I cried.

I am so fortunate to have people who care and that look out for me.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

pinkpixiedust211
Member # 14828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkpixiedust211   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was finally able to get to the rink. I cried so hard when I stepped onto the ice.. I felt.. So good. I felt like crap physically but mentally...

The first time in a long time that I felt like I was worth something. Like, I didn't want to die.. I wanted to skate. And it was.. amazing. Best practice I've ever had. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em9OeiLkHUQ
www.twitter.com/kailua720

Lymie since 2005
Live well, love much, laugh often

Posts: 17 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement