LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How many people have trouble reading posts unless they are "broken up"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many people have trouble reading posts unless they are "broken up"
lymestop
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really curious about this.
As we all know we are asked continually to break up our posts so that people can read it better.

I can understand this to a point but when cutting and pasting part of an article and such it can be difficult to go in and break it up and it ends up being really long or just is not the same format.

For me it is not easier to read really in a way that would make me want to change it.

I have no problem doing this at all. that is not what i am saying.

But. Though I would like to know how many people really have this issue enough to have to have the whole board do this.

I have read other boards on and off and I have never heard or seen this request and people all write and type differently and there are different colors and fonts and backgrounds and well..

No matter what I have to use my reading glasses.

That is what I need..

But well....again . just curious.

I know most of us just end up in the habit because when we got here we were asked each time we did not do it that way..

So now.. just as I type here I do not type more than a sentence or two and space on.

but again when posting other things that are articles and such it is not always so easy or.. maybe necessary>>>>??

What is your input on this here??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have the problem of not being able to read "solid blocks" of text. Even off this site.

I ask people I email with to make small paragraphs , with just a few sentences , per paragraph, then a space. It dosen't mean they respond to my requests.

I don't make an issue of it, I just hit reply, then break thier email up, then reply to it. Here one can't do that, but would have to copy and repost the broken up message. I have done that here on occasion.

As for breaking up articles, maybe just posting the link for it would be better??? Then those with problems and know thier way around a computer, can make thier own adjustments.

Some articles do not allow you to break them up, unless you redo the article in another program, like word. Some days that requires too much effort out of sick people.

However, the one liners are harder for me to read. Esp when when they break up a whole sentence, on really long posts. They require too much effort of me to recall what they are speaking abt. I skip those.

You are right, I don't see this mentioned on other boards. It dosen't mean people aren't having a problem with it. Just coping differently with it.

As for different color inks being used in postings at other sites. No thanks, I'll stick with black. I find the really light colors very hard to read.

We are all affected differently by this disease and its friends, and to different degrees.Some have more neuro or vision problems and some don't have them, but are in a lot of pain, etc.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

I have no problems reading blocks of text. I do have issues when alot of the writing is in caps!
lovingattitude
Member # 17569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingattitude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally need the lines broken up. And really appreciate when people do this! Even then it is hard for me to read and understand.

If there is solid block text my eyes can't track, I lose my place over and over...never really end up reading it...frustrating and exhausting!

I don't mind breaking up articles myself...but there is a greater chance I won't read them.

Because of the fatigue and headaches I only have a short amount of time to read/work on the computer.

I don't read other boards because the words are too small and too close together.

--------------------
-Love and Gratitude

Posts: 69 | From another planet far far away | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaimieB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JaimieB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its better for me to have it broke up because I do lose track of what I am reading and have to go over it a few times to understand. I often see words that arent even there. If that makes sense.

However, I take what I can get [Smile]

Posts: 171 | From the land of oz | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't have a problem.

i write the way i speak.

my paragraphs are pretty short, cause, well, i don't have much to say....LOL

but i ain't gonna change....too old....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swachsler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swachsler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymestop,

I have cognitive impairment from Lyme AND from pre-existing neurological illnesses.

I actually find the posts where people break it up extensively to be almost impossible to comprehend. For my neuro issues, it is much worse to try to read those posts.

As long as people use full sentences, I don't care if they're in a short block or if they are "an island to themselves." But when people do like this:

I have a lot of

Trouble reading the

posts that are like this.

I have to read them over and over to try to make sense of them.

Of course, I also have trouble with the colored smiley faces, because bright colors distract me and make it hard for me to read. And I haven't seen any rules requesting people not to use those.

And the FLASHING, multicolored smiley faces, OMG, shoot me now! Every time I try to read a post with those, my eyes get draw to that over and over, and I can't concentrate on the text at all.

They also trigger migraines for me. And for people with seizures, they can trigger epilepsy.

I have my computer set up w/large print and "high contrast mode" so I don't see whatever colors are actually on a website -- including background and text colors. It's all black and white, except the things to click on are blue.

But for some reason, the smiley face thingies still show up.

So, maybe this will make me unpopular, but I really struggle with the very broken-up posts. I wish it were not a rule.

-s

Posts: 223 | From Western Mass. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swachsler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swachsler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. But as you can see from my post, above, I'm still trying to do it. But in a comprehensible way. I don't know if that's good enough or not.
Posts: 223 | From Western Mass. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingattitude
Member # 17569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingattitude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by swachsler:

As long as people use full sentences, I don't care if they're in a short block or if they are "an island to themselves." But when people do like this:

I have a lot of

Trouble reading the

Ditto

--------------------
-Love and Gratitude

Posts: 69 | From another planet far far away | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them broken up. A few lines at a time. The ones that are broken up, line by line, as "Loving" described wig my eyes out.

I try to be conscience of others ablities and adjust out of politeness.

I am not alone in this world. Things are not always going be my way.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, Lymenet does not have any specific rules for posting. People should be able to post in whatever style they choose using the tools the software provides.

For me & my family, the posts that are "broken up" are more difficult to read.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also like having the text broken up. I can still read long text but it takes alot of effort on my part and I lose my place due to my vision jumping when I read.

Mary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DadOf2
Member # 3189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote is to allow each person to post the way they are most comfortable. Some people may like the added blank lines, while for others it may be more difficult to read that way.

I've looked for specific forum rules on this, but haven't found any. I don't believe this is a forum rule, but just a preference by some of the members.

I have neurological Lyme, and trying to make my eyes follow all the broken lines is difficult. I much prefer things typed as paragraphs. Keeping the paragraphs short is ok, as long as they include full sentances. However, breaking sentences with extra blank lines is what is most difficult to read.

Steve

Posts: 48 | From MN USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I agree with Steve - The eye follows the sentence to the end of the line. - and in sentences that are broken themselves, it is difficult to read - as are all capitals.

However, having short paragraphs of full sentences with white space between seems to work best for most. It's really very little trouble to add an extra bar of white if it helps others.

It's sort of like giving a speech and knowing your audience. This is not just a matter of needing reading glasses - or even enlarging the type. It is much more. Large blocks of type just become a grey swirl for me - and many others.

Some of the visual stuff is due to the fact that many have what is called nystagmus - very fast spasms of the eyes. It often goes with neuro-lyme.

Also, I can only track one concept per paragraph.

If you think about someone giving a speech, they pause. They take breaths. They have space in their visual aids, etc. So, presentation matters because if it can't be received, the message is lost and the receiver feels injured or left out.

As for copying and pasting articles, I find that working in "word" first and then copying it to a post here is easier. It is very much appreciated when any text can be presented in the best way for others to read it.

But, it's quite fine to simply post the link and the headline, too.

Often, once my eyes have been hit with a large block of type, I get so dizzy I nearly pass out and am sick the rest of the day.

So, for that reason, I try not to hit anyone else in the eyes with tight text - just as I'd not talk without stopping often for a few breaths - pacing to the needs of whoever is listening.

-

[ 03-05-2009, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right now, I can not read solid blocks of texts. If posts are written that way, I just have to skip it.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

well, you all know what works for me ... broken up text as described above! it's in MY suggested guidelines. **********************************

if you want help from me, that's what i require or i will scroll on by, sob, ALL post in solid block text as it gives me migraines.

i also have terrible time with 1 line and 1 line blank; but those who show whole sentences and indicate a new paragraph, i've gotten to comprehend.

those broken up mid sentence, unless it's to emphasize things that are a collection of thoughts; like i do on some articles ... i lose all thought of what they are trying to say.

as you've seen so far; majority here who are active feel the same way; break it up to comprehend and read, and double space between EACH paragraph to help our brains neuro capacity.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Break it up... or I can't read it.

And a big thank you to the folks who take time to do this.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tc, you made an appearance; only see you on activism... lol [Smile]
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problems reading text;

However, I would have a problem knowing other people here cannot read text

So by all means, keep our writing readable for all here...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto of what TC said

Break it up... or I can't read it.

And a big thank you to the folks who take time to do this.

I will scroll on by or if I really want to read it and am able to read at that time, I will copy and paste and break it up.

I read the best that way.

Does't make sense to me..but it is what it is.

I recall having students who said it hurt there eyes to just look at the text in the book much less read it.

I tried over lays with them and I tried covering every thing up except one line.

it still did not help them.

I never thought about breaking things up for them until I came down with lyme and needed spacing...

I guess because I am so spacing now. HA!

Wish I knew how to contact some of the past students and ask them to be checked for lyme disease.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a problem with the broken up blocks ~ hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. it also takes me twice or three times as long to read a broken up post than if it was typed normal.

and if it's broken up in the middle of the sentence i will usually always lose the point of what they're trying to say. back in the day i would go back and try to reread it but now i just don't read such posts

basically, if it's more than two or three broken up paragraphs/blocks, i don't read it. if it's one of those pretty much every sentence is broken up i don't even give the post a glance

there are many ppl on here that i bypass all their posts because i know how they break everything up and it's not worth the eye strain/headache/trying to follow what they're talking about for me

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it sounds like different people have different problems.

I try to break up posts after a few sentences. That way it's easier for those who do have a problem. But breaking up a sentence into a few words per line is a real problem to read.

Consideration is always nice when dealing with others, and I don't have a problem with it.

If you don't wish to break up your post, then those who can't read it won't. Simple.

Not required by the forum, but if it makes someones life easier, I'm happy to adjust. I just hit return.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingattitude:
quote:
Originally posted by swachsler:

I have a lot of

Trouble reading the

Ditto
Ditto

please don't break up sentences!!

I need it the way you posted, lymestop. Thanks.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One sentence paragraphs are very tiring to read, especially if it goes on for more than a few sentences. Ditto great long blocks where there are no paragraphs. How about a happy medium -- paragraphs with several sentences?

My biggest problem was not being able to read anything at one point, because my brain was not functioning.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

fyi, moderator/owner of this board, lou bachman has approved what i post here in my welcome post to all.

we've worked together several times on my MODIFYING it and cutting down the length, etc.

fyi only; i have gotten permission on what i post here on my suggested guidelines since most of us have NEURO lyme. [Smile]

ugagal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugagal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I greatly appreciate your Newbie package and everything you do to help make this site supportive and informative!

Keep up the good work.

--------------------
My comments on this site are not intended to be taken as medical advice as I'm not a physician.

Posts: 206 | From Georgia | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

ugagal, thank you very much for the nice, positive comments! [Smile] xox
lymestop
Unregistered

Nothing personal Betty.....

But I have a problem with the short and cut up posts with the large spaces in the middle. And as you say you have to Scroll on by... I too have to scroll on by the posts by you and the ones you end up breaking up of others.

I find that ironic and I do realize that we each have our problems and preferences when it comes to this.

I do agree the large large single spaced blocks with no breaks at all can be difficult. But I have seen you ask people who put in two to five sentences per paragraph and those people put one space between which is very nice and neat and readable, to break those up as well.??

I think its being taken too far and it is making it harder even to read.

My opinion is that you should make a rule of spacing between paragraphs and making each paragraph from one to five sentences at most. Something like this that is middle ground and will help people but also not make people pick apart every thing that they write.. and make it ever harder to read....

Just my opinion and when I have to scroll on my the broken up posts I wonder how many others do the same??

Or how much of that disrupts the board and also how much work is being done to get that done so often when energy could be used in other places..

Just my opinion .. Nothing personal and I appreciate and see all the hard work people do here.

It just seems that some of it is not necessary.. for real.... and even bothersome to a point...

THANKS Much..

lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me!! Then I forget to do it half the time when I post...go figure.

If I see a post that is solid and long I immediately exit. It is too much to even look at it!

I automatically feel overwhelmed just at the site of it.

Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymestop.. You are posting with it broken up. Why are you complaining that you can't read broken up text?

I'm confused. ( happens quite easily )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Ann! Hi!

I don't mind being asked to break up my posts, but I find it a bit difficult after reading someone's heartfelt story to find that the first words of the next post are orders to break up what was written.

I have done the work of breaking up lots of people's posts and then reposting them with a note saying I did that for people like me who have trouble reading blocks of print. Then I hope they will make an effort to break up further posts, and usually they do.

It is very difficult to break up articles and such. The reader can take the time to do that themselves if they need the information.

My 2 cents.
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Ann-OH:
[QB] Another Ann! Hi!

I don't mind being asked to break up my posts, but I find it a bit difficult after reading someone's heartfelt story to find that the first words of the next post are orders to break up what was written.

I have done the work of breaking up lots of people's posts and then reposting them with a note saying I did that for people like me who have trouble reading blocks of print. Then I hope they will make an effort to break up further posts, and usually they do.

I agree wholeheartedly!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymestop
Unregistered

You must not have understood what I was saying? I was saying it is taken too far. I have seen people how have paragraphs of about 4 or 5 sentences and spaces inbetween asked to break it up.>??????? I mean its just taken too far if it is not one or two sentences per paragraph then its not broken up well enough??

I was saying.. gosh. Give it break in how far you take it. Thats all.

Not saying I like big long single spaced blocks.. Not saying that at all. .. I am saying though it has been taken way to far in my opnion.. thats all.

bettyg
Unregistered

stop,

too bad you weren't here earlier for our last big post on this, and this is what we who chose to answer this post decided as a MUTUAL win-win. we exchanged thoughts and decided with this.

i'm pretty sure it was tutu or keebler who said it even worked better to have 3 blank lines between them for better comprehension of things, and i agree.

stop, lyme has effected us each differently; none of us like it and ESPECIALLY ME. i have to have my text as LARGE as possible to read due to LOW VISION. my lenses are between 1/2 - 3/4" THICK!

ohio ann stated, " don't mind being asked to break up my posts, but I find it a bit difficult after reading someone's heartfelt story to find that the first words of the next post are orders to break up what was written."

ann, there is a big difference between orders and helpful suggestions in order for them to get more readers and replies.

stop, i looked at your last post; you have very short sentences; NOT wordy like many here. for yours i wouldn't have asked you to break it up...

as far as breaking up EACH post that is long, solid block text; i spend enough HOURS on here assisting many others with llmds and other PMS where i'm NOT doing that anymore.

you are entitled to your thoughts/opinions as i am.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it. END OF DISCUSSION FROM ME. [Wink] [Cool]

kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problems reading blocked text, but I'd have to admit it is much easier to read when broken up!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymestop
Unregistered

Could there be a consideration to give a pass to certain people who post heartfelt threads.????

Those who are reaching out during difficult times, asking emergency questions, people who just went to the ER or emailing from the ER, depressed people who are sad and down, people who just lost someone close to them, people who express they want to give up, people who are reaching out for support and love in a deep and immediate way, etc..

Those people.. should not have any requests sent to them as a response on how to change how they typed the message or named the thread.

Please think about it. This is a downer for the person reaching out. And a downer for the readers too..I hope from now on that this will not be happening because it is not a very sensitive reaction and it surely is not a priority in cases where people are just looking for love and support at the time they wrote.

God Bless you All the Best to everyone. I keep you all in my prayers and thoughts No matter what day it is or how long ago i i last typed it. We all need one another and all the love and support through the ups and downs of this most difficult disease.

it has been a long winter and many who have had hard times and emergency medical problems and more. I pray for a healthy and new found energy for the Spring time as the flowers bloom and the sun starts shinning down more upon us.

So lets agree that there are situations that it is NOT appropriate or sensitive to send any request or even suggestion to change the type or spacing and such.. Identify these certain sorts of posts and threads written by those in need and or hurting or more. You know which ones they are.

THANK you for your consideration around this subject.

bettyg
Unregistered

stop,

you raised a very valid issue; i will TRY to remember this on the issues you described remembering i have very SHORT-term memory and not by choice.

truce ... peace! i understand where you are coming from ok. [group hug]

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Lymestop,

You asked: " Could there be a consideration to give a pass to certain people who post heartfelt threads.????" "

Valid point, indeed. But, how do we know what is written if we can't read it ? Really, my vision problem is that bad with scrunched text. It's all grey.

I do try to strain to decipher and would first break it up and repost with a note that it will make it easier for others to reply. I usually would not just ask someone in distress to break it up but do it for them and then, of course, provide some sort of (hopefully) helpful answer.

It's not until the text is broken up that many can even know the nature of the message.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymestop
Unregistered

Betty
[kiss]
[Smile]
Peace .... back at you.

No intention by me to cause trouble or to upset anyone.

it was a observation and feeling I had gotten and felt I should try to explain it and shed light onto it...

Thanks for keeping it in mind.. and... for all you do.....

Big Big [group hug]

Janice70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janice70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that problem.
Posts: 311 | From CA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

stop, back at you [group hug] [kiss]
lymeric
Member # 16465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody experimented with those who can't read normal text increasing size of the text with the button that makes text bigger. (Can you tell I'm new to computers? lol) I tried this. It certainly makes a difference. Could this be a happy medium? Or not good enough?
Posts: 76 | From tolland county, ct | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymestop
Unregistered

Hi there

I do not see the option of making text larger ? Where would that be??

bettyg
Unregistered

lymeric,

i have my EDIT, VIEW, SIZE, LARGEST FONT; right corner i also ENLARGE to make this larger yet for my low vision eyes.

it's NOT the size of things that bother me; it's continuous LONG, solid block text that goes on and on and NO white space in between each paragraph.

we neuro patients just CAN NOT comprehend or read it due to the decades of having NEURO lyme.

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't have a huge problem with large blocks of text, but i respect and understand those who do (at my sickest i couldn't read at all; my brain was totally nonfunctional).

however, i *do have a problem with excessive CAPSLOCK. it really bothers my eyes for some reason and although i *can read it, it gives me a headache and i prefer to scroll on by.

as well, strangely, lots of space between paragraphs (three spaces instead of two, for instance) is also bothersome to me. we are all different and lyme affects us all individually, i guess.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

I've tried that increasing the size of text, however . . .

increasing size of the text with the button that makes text bigger makes very little difference if there are not the white space breaks every few sentences.

It's still like listening to someone talk without taking a breath. The breath is very much necessary.

-

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It helps me to have the text broken up.
Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hear ya, lymestop. I thought you were talking about your OWN method of posting...which is just fine.

I agree that NEWBIES and those in distress do NOT need to be told to break things up. They'll get it.

Let those who CAN read what they wrote, help them.

That way "everyone goes home happy."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
I agree that NEWBIES and those in distress do NOT need to be told to break things up. They'll get it.

Let those who CAN read what they wrote, help them.

That way "everyone goes home happy."

I agree with you, Lymetoo!

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement