LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I DANCED MY 1ST DANCE last night 3-7-09!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I DANCED MY 1ST DANCE last night 3-7-09!
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fyi; it was 2 yrs. ago march 26 i have my left hip replaced!! this was 1st dance, and i can't remember how many years before that!! uffda ..

i went to my classmates' 60th birthday party last night and 7 of us were there from class of remaining 26 members; 1 in heaven joined us! [Smile]

i was walking behind a classmate after getting more delicious food, and the music these young teens were playing was good! so he started in on a few music steps while walking to table.

mind you, i was just drinking my HUGE MUG "WATER" ONLY!!

EDITED FROM WASTE TO "WAIST"! thanks tc!!

golly, music hit me too, so i grabbed his waist and i enjoyed starting the CONGA with him, and NO one joined us!! that is NOT me i can tell you!!!

so danced a few quick minutes that way and then became self conscious and stopped, but that did NOT stop him!

he danced 10 minutes by himself right up by band and at end went up to mike and was singing with the lead singer!! hilarious.

our birthday classmate started dancing and danced up to where they were and then did rock n rolling dancing. they were given so much applause.

wow, what great, tasty food! always have loved hickory park's food, but only classmate STEVE's SMOKED RIBS ARE NO. 1 IN MY BOOK!! [Smile]

went to my great nephew's baptism this morning 3 miles N. of our family century farm.

blew it! had to reset my clock twice since i have NOT had to get up at certain times in 10 years and then FORGOT TO SPRING AHEAD!
-------------------------------------

went for bars/drinks at her grandma's house 7 miles from country church.

left at 1130 am, and you are lucky i'm STILL ALIVE!

we've had 3 days straight of RAIN everywhere; ditches are getting full; rivers ARE full, and fields have ponds everywhere.

left her grandparents at 1130; and it was just starting FREEZING SLEET. so i drove slower and cautiously as the highways had NOT frozen over due to quick temp change.

got 3.5 miles down the line and there was the 1st car in the DEEP MUD IN A FARM FIELD! i really slowed down aagain after that.

then got 1/2 mile down the line and a semi at stop sign decided to pull out in front of me. so i pumped my brakes and was sliding DOWN BOTH LANES and he managed to stop since he didn't have any speed.

a car approaching me slowed down so we didn't hit; but i was sure i was going to be part of that semi.

so slowed down every more for next 3 miles until entrance ramp for interstate, and barely got turned for that even. things were not going so good.

that was the longest 30 miles home for me seeing up to dozen vehicles in the ditches, median between n/s lanes of driving, etc.

i was going 25-40 max, and everyone passed me going 50-75 including semis! 1 semi a county sheriff was ticketing!!

many that flew by me ended up in ditches and i just laughed! saw 2 wreckers coming to get folks out.

took me 1 hr. to drive 33 miles home.

heard on tv tonight that 15 miles north had been fatality of 4 people in 1 car !! it's a miracle there were not more!!

oh, then the freezing sleet turned into HEAVY WET, HUGE 1-2" FLAKES! roads were so slick.

i've never been as happy to get home as today and hubby was watching for me glued to picture window in living room.

so i didn't get to dance my polka with tori nor tincup's STICK MAN! but i was dancing with a REAL MAN!! his mom and younger brother sat with us classmates at our table and we had a grand time.

beware of freezing sleet/snow coming your way...

[ 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty!! That's wonderful!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, way to go [Big Grin]

I'm so glad you were not in the accident, the weather at this time of year is so unpredictable, we had tornado warnings last night in the northern part of Ohio and it's supposed to snow in a few days, ugh!

Congrats again on your dancing!!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 6 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty!!

Hope you can keep on dancing, good lady- what great news.. [woohoo]

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful!
Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ugagal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugagal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You go girl!

--------------------
My comments on this site are not intended to be taken as medical advice as I'm not a physician.

Posts: 206 | From Georgia | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeafFromLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeafFromLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So nice to hear Betty!

--------------------
Erika

IgM Band 23 +

www.24weekperfectbaby.blogspot.com

Son's blog born at 24 weeks.

Posts: 356 | From massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my....

What ONE miss spelled word can do.

You said... "golly, music hit me too, so i grabbed his waste and i enjoyed starting the CONGA with him, and NO one joined us!!"

Think about that...

And laugh like I am right now!

[lol]

Glad you got to dance with his "waste" ... but BG...

You've got to play harder-to-get!

HA!

NO ONE is happier to see someone dancing... but really now....

The pick of partners kinda IS important.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

GREAT story. It made me smile! Hope you will continue to keep dancing.

Now as far as TC's comment about you dancing with "waste"...I have to admit, that cracked me up.

I didn't even catch it, so TC is on the ball today.

Thanks for the smiles, Betty and the laughs, TC.

[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tc, i didn't even catch that; too many ways to spell words, and neuro lyme doesn't help any!!

i wandered why no one replied to this as i forgot also to click box to get folks' replies ... uffda.

thank you one and all for your comments above! yes, i had a ball for the brief time i was there. i was surprised i even wanted to dance, as dancing never came easy for me.

my late parents were like fred astaire and ginger rogers, but i'm 2 left feet. they were famous for their polks/waltzes.

dad at his heavest got up to 300 lbs; but get him on a dance floor, and he was as light as a feather and would dance after dance with no breaks. oh, those were the days.

i never saw my folks dance until i was 21 and could go to the bars. our big 1900's farm home was wall to wall furniture in it, so no room to dance.

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I was thinking it had to be a Polka! [Smile]

I am so glad you had a great time.

More glad you made it home safely.

Hope there are many more dancing days to come.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

YOU GO GIRL!! Just saw this post, and was SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You deserve to have some fun and so glad you did....The conga line story is pretty funny too

Lots of Hugs to you,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I hope you dance every day for years and years to come!!!

Congratulations on that wonderful gift, and a great party by the sound of it!!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swachsler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swachsler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

I'm so happy for you. <big smile>

You painted such a great picture of the night.

When I saw the subject line, I just caught my breath, because I love dancing and miss it. So, I got a vicarious thrill from reading your post.

Shake your groove thang, yeah yeah. . . .

(Should I start calling you "Conga Line Betty"?)

-Sharon

Posts: 223 | From Western Mass. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty in her own conga line! [Big Grin] Glad you had a good time!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woulda got in the conga line too BettyG.

It takes courage and a wonderful sense of fun to get up and do something when others won't.

Way to go!!!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

geneal, gale, gayle, sharon, lone wolf, parisa, and melody PLUS all those at the top who posted,

YES, i did have a great time; let my short hair down and just enjoyed the evening visiting with so many.

yes, my folks would have been proud of their "old" daughter doing a polka !!

we have snow all over the ground; so wet! but only 2-3". got up to 40 plus today and melted 75% of it. green grass again.

before i forget, also on sat. morning/early afternoon, we had 100 birds fly into our big back yard; must have been at least 3-4 dozen ROBINS too. then something would spook them and they all would fly away yet to return to our yard for 2 hours. i really got spring fever then.

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you! Dance one for me too!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww man I wanted to be the first to do the Conga with you....HAHA!!!

Im happy for you, hope it continues!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

liaa and roy, thanks for stopping by; and roy; will seconds do for you? lol [Big Grin]
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure will!!! [woohoo]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gridmonster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gridmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wonderful evening. Blessings for you!

It's nice to hear positive news here!

Posts: 135 | From Orlando, Florida | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

grid, thanks for stopping by, and yes, i haven't had that much FUN in years!! [Smile]

positive... I'M ALIVE! thank you god for watching over me while driving home on 100% frozen sleet highways. [bow] [bow]

Jenny in MI
Member # 17225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenny in MI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is awesome!!!!
Posts: 63 | From Clarkston, MI | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

thank you jenny; been a long time since i shook a leg let more all that hip action! lol
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a post, BettyG - the pleasure of a returned social activity, and challenges making it home - oy. Wishing you more of the first and less of the second...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swachsler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swachsler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came across this post of wheelchair dance competition -- ballroom dance.

Made my heart sing.

They have some incredible moves.

Scroll down the article to get to the video:

http://*****magazine.org/post/rethinking-sports

I hope you enjoy it.

Sharon

Posts: 223 | From Western Mass. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sharon, would you report the link; it does NOT work!

i think it has to do with all the ***** in the link?? thanks; i'd enjoy seeing what you wanted to send me. lol

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great bettyg. Wow dancing, I think I remember what that is? lol

I hope you kept your skirt up around you waist (or is that waste?). You've been in some bad company (like Tutu)for a while and I hope she hasn't influenced you badly.

I get to go to a party for St Patty's where there is going to be dancing. I hope I do better than I did at the skating rink (GS b-day party) a few weeks ago.

My 8 yr old grandson told me come on, you don't forget how to skate. Funny thing was my mind was just skating around the rink like I could do 40 yrs ago.

My body couldn't keep up. I spent most of my time on the floor, crawling towards the wall, railing, skate guards anything to help me up.

My grandson finally suggested I take off the skates.

bettyg, please tell me I'm not going to experience that on the floor thingy again? Maybe I'll just slow dance and hold on to my husband's waste too. lol

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

That's great bettyg. Wow dancing, I think I remember what that is? lol

I hope you kept your skirt up around you waist (or is that waste?). You've been in some bad company (like Tutu)for a while and I hope she hasn't influenced you badly.

I get to go to a party for St Patty's where there is going to be dancing. I hope I do better than I did at the skating rink (GS b-day party) a few weeks ago.

My 8 yr old grandson told me come on, you don't forget how to skate. Funny thing was my mind was just skating around the rink like I could do 40 yrs ago.

My body couldn't keep up. I spent most of my time on the floor, crawling towards the wall, railing, skate guards anything to help me up.

My grandson finally suggested I take off the skates.

bettyg, please tell me I'm not going to experience that on the floor thingy again? Maybe I'll just slow dance and hold on to my husband's waste too. lol

Pam

pam, i'm still laughing as i type this; you had way to good a time with this one, but glad you did! we need more laughter than tears in our life.

yes, i guess tutu and tincup have both rubbed off on me!!

pam, how about wearing a small baby's mattress taped to your butt for your future falls? at least you won't get hurt this way and can take your nap promptly? lol

good for you making memories with your grandson skating!! even if he couldn't quite understand why grandma was having problems [group hug] [kiss]

yes, just SLOW dance and hang onto your hubby's "waste"! i mean waist after tc corrected me lol

i hope the rest of your week can be as fun as your post was to me just now; thanks pam; i need the belly laughing; good medicine. [Smile]

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

It appears we should be making you our resident Lymenet Dancer. Perhaps you could start offering classes and get all of us up dancing as well.

Both good exercise but also helps the mind with positive attitudes. Keep on dancing, Betty.

[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

cathy,

i can't believe this; i was just on YOUR SITE reading your latest post and visitor notes when i just left you my note from there!

you were here posting; good vibs !!

glad you had a good day for your 1st outing for a normal life.

me teaching dance lessons; my late parents would be laughing galore! i agree ... dancing is great exercise. [Smile]

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well bettyg, due to your encouragement I danced last night. Great music just couldn't ignore the need to move.

Then my DH while slow dancing to "Unchained Melody" decided he would dip me at the end of the dance. I didn't know it was coming.

I started to fall to the ground. DH did everything he could to stop me. He was successful except he hit his forehead on the textured wall and came back to the table with blood on his forehead.

He had it coming. Of course I'm straight on water. He's beer drinking and Irish whiskey shots. My friends call me "double water".

I don't think I'll ever be dipped again. bettyg , I didn't need the baby mattress, but my husband should of worn a safety helmet. Men???????

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg,

I really enjoyed your post!!!

I don't know what you look like but I was picturing you dancing and it was beautiful!

So happy that you had a wonderful time.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

to double water pam,

so glad you danced also especially to my favorite song, which i saw the RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS LIVE IN VEGAS and sat at a close ROUND table 6' from the stage when he sang that song to us.

so hubby decided to get fancy and dip our "double water" pam way down, well, he found out there are consequences.

yep, he should have worn his helmet!! oh well, it was great you TWO WERE A 2-SOME AGAIN on the dance floor and glad you didn't need my mattress. lol [Smile]

dek, thank you and my folks would have loved the comment about watching me dance; did you hear that mom and dad? xox

i'll give you some details about me, but SHUSH; we won't tell anyone else ok.

i'm short, 5'3", overweight...UNDER 240 but more than 200, completely SNOW WHITE HAIR since early 30s, and wear short hair and glasses.

normally always have a smile on my face, and i can talk to anyone; can't you tell? do you think anyone would have guessed that?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg,

No wonder you looked beautiful when you danced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

dek, you really know how to touch a person'a heart and give them confidence; heartfelt thank you! xox

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement