LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I jogged today!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I jogged today!
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week I realized that I am ready for exercise...maybe not every day...but my body is stronger. The last cold laser treatment took longer to get over than the first...but as last time...feeling better than before.

Jogged for 10 mins today. Felt good to sweat. My 5 and 8 year old went some of the way with me...my 8 year old who has Lyme kept having to walk poor thing and my 5 year old ran ahead of me most of the time, lol!

Gosh...it feels so good to have the OPTION to exercise...most people who say, "oh I just don't have time." have no idea how LUCKY they are to know their body has the ability at least!

This spring when I laid in bed many days I just kept wondering...will I ever get better? Will I even know when I am getting better?? Yes...you can definitely tell, like night and day. Not there 100%, but 75-80% better than this spring.

How often does the walker/crawler/joggers club write???

ps...if anyone is thinking about starting out...I got a $110 pair of Adidas running shoes at TJ Maxx for $39.99 they were not on sale, just regular TJ's price! Though I don't think they have Men's shoes.

Thanks for letting me share!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean, Sweet Pea,

This is al that I have to say: I am so happy for you and:

[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

Pretty soon you'll be able to keep up with that enthusiasic little blue guy who is woo-hooing for you!!!!!

Your friend,
FF

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and that must have been the most INCREDIBLE feeling.
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feelfit,

Thanks so much! You are so sweet even though you are going through so much right now!

I did have some anxiety...I had a panic attack in 2003 while exercising and have hardly done much since. But I didn't let it get the best of me! I actually forgot part of the time that my heart was speeding up. It was in the 80's today, I think it was around 1 pm when I exercised...so it was warm too..

But it did feel really good to get a good sweat in!

I hope that I can keep this up several times per week if not every day. It is so nice lately to not have my heart do strange things while resting.

My poor husband hurt his leg last week showing off for our kids (he was using these wooden things and pretending they were stilts and he fell), but he wants to start exercising too..would be very good for his diabetes!

I hope my dear that you will start improving soon...perhaps this new LLMD you see in Sept will have more insight and be able to help you more...

Thanks again!

Ocean

--------------------

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!! Impressive!!!!!!!!

Please join our hiker/walkers club! Joggers are the advanced segment of our little group!!

It's a good way to track your progress and it's lots of fun!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

[Smile]
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto feelfit's post...just a big smile. I'm so happy for you.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats! i know how good it fels to finally be able to do what you used to do...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ocean. Nice to hear this. Someday, I hope I can ever remember normal life again when it comes to exercise. The more I think about it, the more depressed I feel. It's a sore spot for me. I get so ****ed my life was stolen away by this damn bacteria. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOD JOB!!!!!

I have thinking about exercising more lately and I know just how you feel about people saying they don't have time....

I have been waiting until my body feels strong enough. I am still a little afraid of over doing it, but know that I need to get going.

Seekhelp,

Hang in there. You will get there. We just have to keep fighting. Sending {{{{{{{{gentle hugs your way}}}}}

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Thank you ALL so much! I know most people wouldn't consider that amount of exercise to be meaningful...but I knew you all would understand! All of your comments mean a lot to me [Big Grin]

Seek, I truly know how you feel. Every time my Lyme has worsened I fee like that. I'd have a couple/few years of being sick, feeling awful...then get better...then fall back down again, I'm glad I know what this 'thing' is now.

Like Lies said...you will get there.

Lies...I know what you are saying about exercise. I am afraid to try stuff because I don't want anything to make me worse, ie lose progress that I've managed to make.

I read the rife book by Bryan Rosner recently and he kept saying how important exercise is, and I know Dr. B said that as well.

I think I stirred up some toxins though...felt depressed later yesterday and today. Physically feel decent though.

I plan on joining the walkers/crawlers/joggers club Lymetoo!

Take care!
Ocean

--------------------

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoo-Hooo...way to go....i feel this has been a major part of my recovery as well as keeping me sane!!! keep it going..

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Thanks so much Dave! You inspired me when you ran your 5K a few months ago...I watched the video hoping that soon I could slowly begin an exercise routine.

I realized I was ready because I have not lately had to sit down while shopping, I can walk pretty briskly.

I need to take the car down the road and measure 1/2 mile and work my way up to that without stopping.

Take care!

Ocean

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean:

I plan on joining the walkers/crawlers/joggers club Lymetoo!

YEA!!!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btmb03
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean, this is AMAZING news!! CONGRATULATIONS!! This is truly great to hear.

Here's wishing you more and more frequent runs and greater endurance for you. YAY!! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean,

That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have made amazing progress!!!

Way to go........keep us updated!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You go, girl!

Nothing like working up a good sweat!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Thanks so much guys! Did it again on Sunday and today. Sunday and today had 2 dogs come out onto the road barking and getting within 2 feet of me.

Tried to talk to the owner later...she just said, "Oh..the black one...he don't bite."

OK..what about the OTHER one???!!!! A dog that is running out into the road (chased me across the road into the ditch) is not safe for cars/bikes, ect either...

I had to call the dog warden...hopefully it will be taken care of soon...thank goodness they weren't out on the day I took my 8, 5 and 2 year old down the road to pick wildflowers...if one had bitten one of the kids in the face...oh my

Other than that and the HUGE adrenaline rush I get when those dogs get so close, it's going pretty good.

It's simply nice to have the option to jog around, this spring I cleaned my kitchen and the rest of the day and the next I had to lay in bed.

Anyhow...thank you again for your well wishes...I do think that the barley grass is helping with my recovery too.

Take care!
Ocean

--------------------

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean,

keep going!!! this is great to read....i have been in an almost constant herx since June so my running stamina has been down the toilet but i am still getting some excercise every other day....just take your time and enjoy the ride. took me 9 months to get to three miles.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yipiee!! I started yesterday with 10 minutes at a very slow pace. felt good, and i slept like a bay last night! keep it up!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
btrflynana
Member # 21117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for btrflynana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not realize how good exercise could make me feel. I have been so exhausted for the last 5 years I have had NO interest.

Recently I just started walking. I am able to walk a few blocks...but that is OK as I was not walking any blocks at all...On good days I go farther...bad days I might only make it a few doors down from our home..

The important part is that I now realize just how important the exercise is in the healing process...I don't want my muscles to atrophy and go away...

I am doing so many "good" things now for my body I never did...one of the positives out of this disease...

I am eating WAY, WAY healthier now..I take supplements to build up my weakened immune system and I drink water...something I never did! I look forward to when I am able to daily walk farther; I know it will happen!!!

Keep up the jogging Ocean!! Way To Go [Smile]

--------------------
http://mobmsa.blogspot.com

I believe that....It is through the challenges I face that continue to keep my life interesting! I say to Lyme Disease...Game On!

Metamorphis of Btrflynana/Fighting Lyme Disease

Posts: 5 | From California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement