LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 12/14-12/20

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 12/14-12/20
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, LP, it is beautiful today! It is supposed to be in the high 30's up here and the snow is still on the trees. Very pretty. Hope you get to ride today.

KAM, that is great that you were able to see some elk. Back around '95, we were in Estes Park, CO. The elk would just walk all around the houses in town. So weird to see as we are used to moose that stick to the woods.

Still hoping to get Christmas cards out today. But I am not holding my breath.

Karen

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one hiking, walking or crawling today? I walked the dogs around the path in the yard. Not sure what else I accomplished today. But it went by fast!

I did get Christmas cards done. I cut the amount down in half. It will save on postage and my arm!

What has everyone else managed to do today?

Karen

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didnt do anything to physical. I arranged some decorations on one ledge in the house. We did all of our decorations and tree yesterday. So kinda pooped from that. I did 2 loads of laundry, but folding it is another thing.

melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to purchase some Christmas cards this am via the tram and my power chair.

Physically, I walked to the outgoing mail box and walked to the car and back.

Glad to hear you were able to walk the property line with the dogs Karen

And Glad to hear you were able to do the laundry. I, too, am hoping to get a couple loads down this week. I know what you mean about the folding and putting things away.

heard there was a mountain lion siting again outside of the apartments.

He or she was hunting a herd of Elk in the middle of the night.

Amazing what goes on when we are sleeping around here.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you imagine the ticks in Estes Park!!? ugh! I was there MANY years ago.. no elk problems back then. But I saw on TV this year what you were talking about kgg. I instantly thought TICKS!!!

Kam.. yea, you got some cards!!

Merry.. I'm pooped too. I decided I didn't feel well enough to exercise today, but I got out and did some errands.

WEll...my car was "missing" terribly. So I took it by our mechanic and he had to fix a "coil" .. like a spark plug, but my car has no spark plugs as such.

So I was there over 2 hrs. I was so tired and hungry by the time I got home. I hadn't eaten lunch and had been gone almost two hrs as it was, doing errands.

Now I have to get out again tomorrow to do more. Almost done with my Christmas Cards. Have to get my letter printed as my printer is a hopeless case.

off to bed I go!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo...hope you are doing OK today after yesterday's outing.

Glad you were able to get out.

I was able to sweep and mop the kitchen and bathroom floors last night. Lots of movement there including moving a few things off of the floors.

I think I have only been able to sweep and mop one other time since moving here.

I had taken an excedrin late in the evening due to something going on in the head which allowed me to do the floors for some reason.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I was foolish this am. I drove Rosie to the dog park and walked in and out of course. Just long enough for her to do her duty.

Then, back to apartments to get harness as I had forgotten it the first time around.

Drove across street to physical therapy. Walked in. Put Rosie's harness on. Walked to therapy pool.

by then, getting undressed and putting my swim suit on was draining the strength out of me and I was becoming exhausted.

Just did a few exercises in the pool ...5 min worth est.

Then out to get swim suit off, get dressed, and walk out.

Then walk from car to power chair near front of entrance way to apartments.

I am done it.

Hoping I remember to not go to the dog park on water therapy day and to use power chair to move boy to get to water therapy so I will have more strength to move body while in pool.

Swim suit is about done it. It has stretched from a size 8 to a size 18.

And I have been wearing it since the 1970s.

Kind of mad at myself for not being wise. Whenever I walk into the physical therapy place they think it is so great that I am on my feet.

People just don't understand why this is not a good idea..including me it seems this am.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow Kam you sure have been busy! I have been meaning to wash the floors for a long time. still havent been able to do it.

Christmas cards will be ready this afternoon I can pick them up and send them out tomorrow.

Its easy to overdo this time of year so everyone becareful..

hugs,
melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Melissa, you do laundry like I do. It gets washed and dried but not folded. A few years ago, because the laundry room did not have any place to put folded clothes, I got in the habit of putting everything on a hanger the minute it comes out of the dryer.

Wow, does that make it easier! Then all I have left to deal with is socks and underclothes. And I don't do that until it is full or I am in need of some. Which ever comes first.

Lymetoo, I don't know why, but sitting in a mechanics place waiting for the car is exhausting to me. So I totally understand how tired you were. Hope your errand run today is without mechanical problems!

And yes, when ever I see wildlife like Elk, Moose or deer I think of ticks immediately. All of my neighbors are thrilled when they see deer in my yard. I freak out! And talk about cutting all of the wild apple trees down and putting a deer fence up. As if we could afford one for 4 acres.

KAM, even though you did not get a good water therapy session, you sure did a lot!! When I was reading your post I thought, I don't remember ever reading about her sweeping or mopping before. So congratulations!

For activity so far today, I have taken the dogs out twice. Miss Pris and I went up to the mail. I shoveled the back deck and pulled snow off of the front entrance roof. The snow was heavy because it rained on top of it. I should have done it yesterday when it was fresh and lighter.

Aklnwlf, are you OK? And Lou Lou how are you?

Best,
Karen

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well-i'm a little sad and trying to shake myself out of it

at the barn yesterday it was way too icy AND they had not plowed out the ring so y special ounting block was frozen in

i couldn't ride and i couldn't budge the block-without it there is no way ican get on...they promised they would keep it plowed out!!!

luckily my landlord helped me get two pieces yesterday and a tenent went with me to get the last piece today. to me it looked so impossible to get at...like climbing a mountain-but he jut walked over-picked it upa dn brouht it back to the car. its safe in the garage now for when i get accepted into the therapeutic riding program(think positive!)

when we got back i realized one of the side streets had all the ice off it and was dry so i wlked kris for 40 min-real slow-but still-better than not getting out.

i'm nt looking forward to two days of deep freeze coming...hope that side street stays ice free!

i think i will cuddle up onthe couch and try to write the cards and forget about not being able ot ride for a few weeks

i'm glad you all got out a little

kgg-this moose and elk talk reminds me of the moose up there dying from ticks...and the brain worm they talk about. i don't know what it is all about-but it is disconcerting

and down here moose don't always stay in the woods-and act pretty wierd sometimes-i was never afraid of them before but now i try really hard to stay away

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Able to go out and visit the chief. not sure how long i was on my feet. Usually 5 min to the stone seat and then 5 min out.

But, needed to do a little trailblazer to get Rosie from that tree again that has something very appealing to her...she did bring back a leg of a deer.

kam
Member # 3410

This condition is so strange. 2 weeks ago I really wanted to throw in the towel due to such poor health and the brain being so inflamed I couldn't think straight or open eyes or move etc

Lately it has been much more doable. But, it is tricky trying not to over do it when we are able.

With me it caused throwing up and that awful inflamed brain thing and the runs...a dark place I don't want to go to.

Also walked into 2 feed stores tonight....one to get Rosie's treats which helped me get her away from the dead thing.

And the second to get Rosie's food. I have learned to stick with the smaller bags due to weak arms.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew! You guys have been busy!!!

I'm doing a little better today, but still pretty tired. Got the extra errands done with no car trouble!

Kam.. that is great that you were able to mop and sweep... something I need to do over here too!!

I hope you are able to recoup tomorrow! Don't overdo! ( hard, huh!? )

kayak... hope you do qualify for the riding program.. and glad you got out with the doggie!

merry... I'll be finished with my cards tonight. Whew!! Includes a pic of my husband and me this year!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

that part of the brain is still not working that allows me to read what others wrote.

Wed Ablet o walk into dog park. it was a bit too much for me today. Brain struggled with all that was going on even though I tried to sit by myself in a quiet spot.

Good group. The talkign thing is just too much for me.

Able to walk into Napa auto parts this am, sit on stool and ask about replacing the headlamp on the car that is broke.

he said he would get back to me as the car is too old for the Napa inventory. he has to call around for the part.

Exhausted now. Resting. But, glad to finally get the ball rolling on the headlamp.

AT least if the police stop me I can tell them I am working on it.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well-no real exercise for me today. went to portland to doc appt and gotlost-ended up in freeport.

stopped for a few presents on the way home-but mostly i am going to do gift certs...small ones.
i think i walkded kris a total of 20 min all day...and not together

s far i haven't gained...gues i'm burning calories keeping warm

hope everyone else is ok

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

no exercise for me either. wind chill made it feel like 6 degrees here. Kinda lethargic today. I am lucky to be able to have a fenced area for my dogs. I just open the door, and they do their business. my bulldog doesnt like to be out and I dont blame her. My sil is having a party at my house. I am just providing the space and she is buying all the food. that means I have to get this house clean by saturday at 6pm. ugh/!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

NO exercise here either. No sleep again last night. Pain in my pancreas from abx for sinus infection, sciatica, and just plain old insomnia even with sleep meds.

I think it's the Zith keeping me awake. Would LOVE to stop the abx, but afraid to yet.

Christmas is coming, right? We'd better all shape up!!!!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there hiking buddies!

Boy have I been busy.

Friday-Workout videos and went to my neice's spelling bee and a church dinner at an 'all-you-can-eat' place.

My brother said since I worked out and ate a salad before anything else, nothing afterwards counts.

Oh, if that was only true!

Monday-Workout videos. No walking cause of rain.

Wednesday-1 1/2 miles with ankle weights and those videos.

I should have clarified about the weather down here.

Yes, it's cold, (40's) compared to the rest of the year. In Alaska the 30's is considered balmy, shorts and t-shirt weather. Just have to throw on a jacket.

I'm trying to break the habit of still wearing shorts down here in the winter.

Must admit the cold here is a wet cold not a dry cold like up in AK. Dry cold doesn't get into your bones as much.

So yeah, you guys are right. I need to stop complaining about the weather.

Inclement weather reminds me alot of AK. It was either cold or rainy alot of the time in the area I lived in.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Wed evening: able to walk into post office and into dog park..DP visit very short.

Hoping to read what others wrote when that skill returns.

kgg
Member # 5867

Aklnwlf, you are right. A dry cold is much more tolerable to a wet cold. That does go in my bones and it takes a lot to get rid of the chill. I will try to remember that next time you say it is cold and 40. Although I admit I will still probably be envious. =)

I walked the dogs once around the fence and then I went up to the mail box. I was halfway up the road when Brewster came running up beside me all happy. Guess we have to work on not crossing the driveway more...

Lymetoo, I sure hope this passes soon for you! Sounds like a very long painful night you had. Hate to hear that you are hurting so much.

Merrygirl, my step mother says she invites company over so she will get her house clean. I am kind of that way too. Hope you are able to get it accomplished without too much payback and that you can enjoy the gathering.

Karen

lpkayak
Member # 5230

tutu-i'm sorry so muc is wrong. yuk.

i think its thursday...right?

i spent about 3 hrs this morning filling out the 12 pages of forms for the therapeuic riding and getting the 3 pages for primary to fill out ready to send

then spent afternooon sending stuff and bank and gift cert buying...all went well except when i had to breathe outside...it hurt! was 17 but 0 with windchill

2 very short walks fo kris...i can't remember where his booties are..

had a good talk with one son too...that doesn't happee very often-they are all so far away. it felt like my christmas present

my brother went skiing and think it was 30 below with windchill in mts!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OMG... I SLEPT last night!!! I took my usual trazodone, Ambien, and added Xanax... slept like a baby, thank goodness!!!

No pain to speak of today... whew!! I've been so miserable the past 2 wks.

Hope everyone else is having a GOOD day today!!!

PS... I cleaned my tub/shower this morning!!! SHOCKKKKKKK!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak.. we posted at the same time!

Glad you got the paperwork done and had a great phone call from your son!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Caught tutu post about sleeping and doing better. Whewph!

Will read others when that part of the brain is working.

had a good outing tonight. Drove 20 min out of town to 3rd Creek Crossing. Walked on an animal trail down the creek for 10 min, rested on fallen tree truck, walked back.

Felt sick and depressed today for some reason and on the way out so wasn't sure how i would do. I think I had over done while trying to fold towels before I left.

But, by the time I got there....it felt great to have a clear head, no sick feeling and to just be there.

Nice of that tree to fall down so I would have a place to rest.

Rosie found a couple large legs with hip bones attached to them. Assume it was Elk or Deer.

Good thing the treats I had were tastier than the legs. HA!

kgg
Member # 5867

It was 1 degree with the wind blowing today. I put my snow pants and jacket on and walked the dogs around once, then I went up to the mail. As hard as I tried to stay in, I found myself out of the house multiple times today. And I was not happy about it! Bone chill time. Tomorrow is not supposed to be any warmer.

KAM, glad to hear you had a good outing. Sorry you had the blues but glad it was short. Rosie sure is good at finding those bones!

LP, glad the paperwork is behind you. May it be successful! So glad you had a nice conversation with your son. A sweet blessing.

Lymetoo, so glad you slept! That makes for a long two weeks.

Stay warm every one!
Karen

trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all - thought I would jump in!

Yesterday was the 10 month anniversary of my spinal surgery and 2 weeks back on abx's. I woke up feeling pretty good and felt like I needed to celebrate life.

I have been running and hiking off and on as my body permits but yesterday I said it was time to get back to trail running...so off I went.

It was windy, freezing and the ground frozen - not great for my back but nothing better for my spirit.

The whole thing brought tears to my eyes cuz I have not run on "my" trail for close to a year and just the fact that I felt well enough to get out there and do it was enough for me.

For just a moment or two I felt a re-emergence of my old self...transient but never the less enough to give me hope.

Ran 4 miles and do not feel all that bad today. Body rests today! TG

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Ok REading part of brain or processing is still out to lunch si will read what you all have posted later gator.

Able to walk into office of auto shop this am and see about getting headlamp replaced. Spoke in the one word thing mixed with a sentence here and there

Drove around from there trying to figure out where to go. Really didn't want to go to dog park. Wanted a quiet place to go.

Headed one way and decided I didn't want to go that way because of the dead carcass that Rosie gets into while there and I wasn't strong enough to be on my feet and deal with that too.

Headed out to another trail head and recalled that one would not work either as it was uphill..too much of a grade for me this am.

Turned off into this new paved develope thinking that might work.

But, again, the grade was too steep.

So, headed back to dog park. Doing OK when it was just me and another quiet owner with a dog.

But, then when others were added it was too much.

Rosie was playing with "Romeo". They have a lot of fun playing together but the movement and noise was too much for me and for the guy who has trouble standing and sitting.

So, I was out of there.

Thankful I was able to come home and give Rosie a bath after rolling in the dirt while playing with the other dog...another draw back to the dog park.

I also thought I was picking up Rosie poop at the dog park and found out that dog I was watching poop and then picking up after was not even Rosie.

So, something was out of whack..vision? processing?

Got to find a better way to start the morning. Got to find a quiet trailhead with no dead carcusses or other dogs that is in the pines, along a creek and quiet.

The old trail head that was close to home has the guy there with his camper and dog while they are building on the site.

I miss that trail head. But, need to only go when I am doing well enough to deal with the other dog and rosie.

They like each other too and run and play...again the noise and movement is too much for me.

I would prefer to use my strength to go for a quiet walk in the forest on level ground near home.

Got to think on that. Where?

The good news is that the headlamp will be fixed next week so when I am out at sunrise with my lights on I will not worry about an officer pulling me over for only having one light.

Same with coming home in the evenings after our outings.

Glad my friend sent me some money for Christmas. Looks like it is just going to be enough to fix the light.

OK. Now for an attitude change. Angry at the limitation of this condition right now.

Need to be thankful I was able to do what I did this am instead.

The terrain is usually pinion pines around here. Finding a place with the Ponderosa pines is tricky that is within my driving ability right now.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

trying to clean up. My SIL is having a party at my home. her home is too small. I dont have to buy anything, but still the cleaning is really hard on me. Hubby helped yesterday and we made a lot of progress, but being an ocd neat freak is not helping me at this point.

SIL is comig over any minute to help. going to prepare food, and clean some more.

Part isnt til saturday pm. Supposed to get heavy snow this weekend which I would really love especially if hubby doesnt have to work in it.

predictions are for 10 inches but could be more or less if the storm moves its track.

really stressing about finances, but what are you ganna do.

being in "remission" of sorts I may have a few adult beverages lol....

hang in there guys.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday-Workout videos.

Friday-Workout videos.

No walking cause of rain today. Thursday had to hang around the house to wait for the roof guy to take a look at the leaky back porch roof.

Loved reading everyone's posts.

Karen-I haven't been in real cold weather since I moved from AK in 2001 after my accident. Even then, I still remember those days that were 40 below. Kinda hard to forget. [lol]

Kayak-Ah, doggie booties! Haven't seen those since AK and watching the start of the Iditarod.
Glad you had a good talk with your son. And your brother.....I can't say anything. I'm not a good skiier but would go with a little plastic roll-up sled hiking up the mountain just to slide down the avalanche shoot. Those were the days! [Big Grin]

Tutu-Am so glad you're feeling better and getting some sleep. I can't stand it when I have trouble sleeping. As to tubs and showers, those are the last things I think of to clean. I put it off and put it off..... [Roll Eyes]

Kam-Sympathize with you about the animal parts. When I lived in the 100 acre wood, Rocky would bring parts home all the time. One time, I don't how it happened, but he brought a rabbit head in the house. We just gotta love em! [Wink]

Trigal-Hi there! Know exactly what you mean about just being able to get out there. Not a runner but was an avid hiker and am still hoping to be able to do some hiking down the road. Am still hanging onto my One Sport crampon compatible winter hiking boots. [Smile]

Merrygirl-I need to get off my butt and start cleaning too. It's 2:30 and I'm still sitting around on the couch. As to holiday libations, go for it. I used beer as an incentive to cut my grass this summer. Not only did it work for me but it also was highly effective for the hubs! [lol]

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang... I actually exercised today for the first time in two weeks!! Sciatica was not too pleased with the situation, but I think I escaped without causing major trouble there!!

Welcome trigal!! So glad you were able to get out on your trail!!! Hang with us!!

HI kam... glad you got the money for the headlight!

merry... that's hard to clean the whole house at once. I hope you get everything done to your satisfaction!! I hear ya on that!

AK... yeah, I use that shower spray and it stays looking pretty good.. just needed an actual cleaning!!!! I don't do it often either. Was just so glad to be out of pain enough to do it!!

also... as a teacher our class used to write to the Iditarod racers and one time received dog booties in the mail. We were all so in awe of that!!! I wish they had more on TV about it, because I think it's so fascinating!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Saturday (I think)

Took 2 excedrin. WAited and hour. And then headed out in the car.

Ended up at the indian ruins...recalled I did not want to go there due to having to deal with getting Rosie away from the dead carcass.

Started to make a u turn out of there...recalled I could head the other way on a dirt path so headed that way and was on my feet for 10 min.

No half way place to sit down and rest there yet.

So, it was a bit much this am. Still trying to recover.

kam
Member # 3410

Saturday (I think)

Took 2 excedrin. WAited and hour. And then headed out in the car.

Ended up at the indian ruins...recalled I did not want to go there due to having to deal with getting Rosie away from the dead carcass.

Started to make a u turn out of there...recalled I could head the other way on a dirt path so headed that way and was on my feet for 10 min.

No half way place to sit down and rest there yet.

So, it was a bit much this am. Still trying to recover.

Walking in ugg slippers in the mud was not such a good idea either. But, it is so much easier to slip on the ugg slippers than it is to use precious energy to put on socks and hiking boots at this point.

Rested and then was able to get 4 Christmas Cards out. REsting again now...that was exhausting.

[ 12-19-2009, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

kgg
Member # 5867

Did not do too much walking yesterday. Too cold. Today, I am headed out to fix the decorations on the house that my husband put up. Won't be miles, but up and down a ladder.

Welcome Trigal, glad you joined us! Kudos on getting on the trail. I have never run, but have had Lyme since I was 10 so I was never overly athletic.

Have a good Saturday everyone,
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

The ladder exercise will move other muscles so this is good.

Courageous you.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Be careful, kgg!!

kam.. hope you recover soon!

It is cold here too. Very windy and cold. Headed off for a nap!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to be on my feet 10 min this morning on the dirt access road in the forest.

Also finally able to check that creek crossing to make sure there was dirt underneath me when I drive the access road.

NO erosion so this is good.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i don't remember friday

saturday i drove north 2 hrs to my real house(i stay down here with a friend cuz it is too cold, icy and steep up there for me)

i got some stuff i needed and got back before the 3" blizzard hit...we deserved to miss it once in awhile

today i did walk the dog twice-once around the block-about 1/2 hr and once shorter-but i am so scared the whole time i will fall and ifthere isn't a stone wall or step or something i won't be able to get up cuz of these knees...

it was pretty stressful-not relaxig like i want my walks to be...but kris got to sniff and pee...

i spent the rest of today putting away stuff i brought back and i didn't finish so more of that tomorrow-they are saying very cold and blustery...

i feel like i haave hit a new level of this disease...i don't like it...but it could be herxing from buhner herbs. i'm so stupid from this herx i can't figure out how to talk to buhner ppl

i'm glad you guys are here

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

manged to have two decent days. did a lot of work, but no real hard exercise.

not feeling so well now.

hope all is well.

melissa

kam
Member # 3410

Melissa...glad you were able to move your body to get some things done. Hope you recover quickly.

kayak...glad you were able to get out. the knee thing is a concern.

Rosie helps me get up if I fall while I am out...but me not getting up is not due to a knee thing.

Mostly weakness.

Time to see if Karen has started this weeks thread.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement