LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Absolutely beaten down

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Absolutely beaten down
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My beautiful intelligent 24yo daughter has borderline personality disorder. Our whole family has been in a crisis the last few days. I am amazed at the way things like this affect me in a very physical way. The worst pain is finally coming to the realization that theres nothing i or the rest of the family can do. My heart is so heavy.
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misfit,

I can say I truly understand how mental health disorders can affect a family.

I am truly sorry for your pain.

I will pray for you, your daughter and your family.

I have recently come to realize that all the worrying I was doing was not going to change anything.

I had to accept it and try to give the worry to God.

It is still hard everyday, but I am coping better.

You will too. It takes some time.

I understand your heavy heart.

Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

We will support you.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Psalm 143:8 (NIV)

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul."

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending my imaginary limo and crew over to take care of things while you are away and take you to a place to recover and recoup and rest.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank yall for the support. My daughter is out there HITCHIKING somewhere. Shes hell bent on getting to a homeless shelter. Im frantic with worry. No sleep again tonite. She needs to be in a mental hospital. Ive had to turn this over to God. Its bigger than all of us put together. I truly know what a broken heart feels like. My beautiful daughter. My genius daughter. So sick.
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misfit,

I am so sorry. No one told us that being a parent could bring us so much joy and heartache. There is nothing else in the world as painful as watching your child suffer...I am sorry and will pray for her and your family. Be strong.

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misfit,

I as a parent can understand your heart wrenching pain for your daughter. I am so sorry that you are enduring such pain. It's especially difficult when our hands are tied.

All we can do is turn it over. Sending prayers to you and your daughter. [group hug]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Thank you all for the prayers and support. I dont know how someone is supposed to get thru this. My mind says one thing..and i know its right...my heart says another. And i know its right too. I just pray that God wont ask me to bear the unbearable.
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Misfit, I am so sorry for what you are going thru.

I will be praying for you and your daughter.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sending prayers....

we have been to heck and back with our 24 year old daughter...

this is exactly how I felt 2 years ago about my daughter..

My beautiful daughter. My genius daughter. So sick. [/QB][/QUOTE]

the members on this site helped me through a very sad...scary... difficult time....
come here for strength...we will hold you up....with all our support...

[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that BPD is the most difficult disorder! Every time we get a client who has it, we say: Here we go again! Yes a roller coaster.

All you can do is pray & not feed into her drama, unless of course, she becomes a danger to herself or others if suicidal or homicidal.

God bless you.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

BPD is AWFUL. Dont get me wrong..all mental illness is awful in one way or another. But this one...sometimes i think its worse than being truly psychotic. If she were psychotic i think itd be easier to get her some help. But i dont really know. Folks..ive had a long hard life. Mother died when i was 12. Father abandoned me. Living on my own at 15 working 2 jobs and going to high school. Living thru the hell that being married to their father was. Dealing with disabling back problems and then getting sick. Its been a long journey. But nothing..and i mean NOTHING comes close to this. Her life causes her pain. The worst thing is knowing your child hurts and her life is a train wreck and being POWERLESS to stop it. I hate being helpless.
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

And arkiehinny..how do you separate from the crazy making? Thats where my mind KNOWS the right thing to do but my heart wont let it. Theyre at war. I tried to EOD her last wknd when she was in jail. She had self inflicted cuts all over herself. Spent 2 days beating down every door in the county i live in. Nothing. I almost wish theyd kept her in jail..at least id know she was safe.
ChristieL
Member # 27786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristieL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry your family and daughter are going through this. I wish I could offer you a magic solution that would make this all just go away~~
Please know that you are in my prayers, and I pray she finds the help she desperately needs, and is safe until then. Like you said, it's in God's hands now.

Posts: 41 | From Springdale Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Its this stuff that causes me to look at my faith. No..not faith..TRUST. I have to trust that God..in His infinite wisdom..will do what HIS will is. But i also believe He wants us to use the tools at our disposal. I guess im not powerless after all..i have the power of prayer. Thank you all for adding yours. No one has heard from her this morning. Its making me crazy. No sleep isnt helping. How awful does it sound that im upset with her for worrying us all sick? Her sister was up all night as well..we were txting all night. My oldest daughter said if anything happens to her sister shed never forgive herself. I think we all need counseling.
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't sound awful that you're upset with her for worrying you sick ~~ it sounds human!!

And you're right you're not "powerless". You have the power of prayer.

Some may scoff at that, but I for one know that the things that can be accomplished through prayer are immeasurable in human terms.

Yes, you have the power of prayer. Yours, mine and ours; the many you don't even know are praying for you and your family.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misfit,

I'm sorry to be so ignorant, but is this TBI related?

Is she declining treatment?

How has this progressed?

I will prey too.

Hugs

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misfit,

Here are some scriptures that can be a source of strength in difficult times:

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New American Standard Bible)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

2 Corinthians 1:2-4 (New American Standard Bible)

2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Philippians 2:13 (New Living Translation)

13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him

�Philippians 4:6-9 (New American Standard Bible)

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

9 The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

�Psalm 143:8 (New International Version)

8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

Matthew 6:14-15 (New American Standard Bible)

14"For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

15"But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Luke 6:31-33 (New American Standard Bible)

31"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.

32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

�33"If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

�Galatians 6:9 (New International Version)

9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

�John 3:16 (New American Standard Bible)

16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Philippians 4:13 (New American Standard Bible)

13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)

28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

John 14:27 (New International Version)

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Romans 8:28 (New International Version)

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 27:1 (New International Version)

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation--
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life--
of whom shall I be afraid?

Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 46:1 (New International Version)

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

1 Peter 5:7 (New International Version)

7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 9:9-10 (New International Version)

9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.

10 Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 34:4 (New International Version)

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 34:17 (New International Version)

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.

Exodus 14:14 (New International Version)

14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Joshua 1:9 (New International Version)

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the

LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Also, here are some songs on you tube that are inspirational:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOY0mjjmx8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMbEPZfWCY&feature=related

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

I was feeling guilty for unburdening myself on the kindhearted people of this board..when you all already deal with so much. The support and understanding literally brings tears. My dd finally made contact..though shes still refusing all offers of help. I spent the day driving the area where she SAYS shes at. Didnt locate her of course. Ive spoken with her counselor...and she suggested we get help as well. My dd hasnt given permission to discuss particulars...but I can tell her whats going on with the understanding that she has to inform my dd that i made contact. My dd isnt happy about that..i think she just wants us to go away. I dont think she has lyme..knowing what i do about bpd i can see things dating back to her early childhood. Thank you for the links and hotline numbers..i will use them. And the verses. Mostly thank you for listening. I dont feel so alone.
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Im sorry for the double post...i am unable to space because i post from my phone. I didnt mention my dd was a PSYCH MAJOR..and was 2 months away from her bachelors and then starting graduate studies on her way to a PhD when she changed her major. Not uncommon for someone like her.
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misfit; Oh sweet darling. I have been in your shoes. My beloved daughter had such horrible mental problems for many years...mental wards, hospitalized against her will, hospitalized against our will, such a terrible mess. It brings a parent to their knees.

A true gut-wrenching nightmare.

What to do?

The Lord is in CONTROL.

He holds your daughter in His hands.

He holds you in His hands.

God is ONLY good.

He is a true help in trouble.

He loves your daughter more than you do, (how is that even possible?...but, reagrdless, that is what He says).

Fear is NOT of the Lord.

His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

He directs our path.

He promises to us His peace that passes all understanding.

These truths I brought to my mind and heart hundreds of times while I walked through the hell of watching my daughter slip away from me.

And I made it.

You will too.

May the Lord lay His hand on you and still your troubled heart.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

This has occupied almost all thoughts in my mind. It hit me yesterday...my dd has had NUMEROUS..REPEATED.. offers of help from various sources. She doesnt WANT them. Were powerless to MAKE her take them. I had a long talk with my other dd about this and told her that if we keep pushing and trying to force our will..we run the risk of losing all contact. Told her we have to back off now as hard as that is to do. When the sun goes down and its dark thats when the fear levels rise. And it rained last night. But i guess its time to force ourselves to let go and wait it out. Easier said than done. I still am shocked at my own bodys reaction to the stress. Amazes me.
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
misfit: Been there with you puking in the toilet because of stress...

You are right, you have to force yourself to let it go...it is an act of your will. That exercise in itself can be exhausting, but, with the Lord's help, you will come out on the other side.

Oh, nightime, when you should be resting your weary head, and it creeps in on you...I so understand it.

I will pray for you, I will pound His throne.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

My dd has just agreed to go stay with her aunt! Maybe sleeping out in the rain wasnt so much fun. Whatever the reason im elated that shes going. Shell be safe. Now if shell just get back into counseling. Thank you for all the support and prayers!
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Misfit,

So happy for you, that your daughter is going to stay with her aunt.

Will continue to pray for all of you.

Hope you sleep well tonight.

Rest in the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

answered prayer indeed!
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need help coping with this. Please use those links from optimistick. She always has such useful information for people in a fix.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

While the immediate crisis is over..i know were far from being out of the woods. I have every intention of using the help that may be at my disposal. Im overcome now with sadness and depression. Guess thats normal considering. My pain levels are thru the roof. But shes safe and thats what matters. Shes so angry with us...for trying to help. I shudder to think of the lives i jeopardized while driving around looking for her..using my left foot to brake and accelerate with bc my right is swollen and useless. Now i can try to put me back together as selfish as that sounds. You ALL have been remarkable. Thank you.
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feel selfish for taking care of yourself. Remember that you can't be there for your daughters unless you take care of yourself, and that includes your own mental state.

I hope things get better with your daughter, and that you get some peace.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement