LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hanging in there.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hanging in there.....
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry that I have not posted an update.

It has been a rather busy time.

Husband came back home Friday night.

He had a reason for the flowers and such.

However, trust has been broken.

I am not sure I can believe anything he says right now.

There is no proof of anything prior to this event, however, trust has been broken.

We talked for 3 hours Friday night, most of all day Saturday and Sunday.

I was brutally honest and didn't hold back one thought, one feeling at all.

I am praying for God to show me which way to go.

It was a good thing to talk and communicate.

That has been missing for a long, long time.

Doesn't clear the water much, but clarification of me was of utmost importance.

I have decided not to take any immediate action as of now.

The children are my focus and according to him, his as well.

I still don't know how this will pan out.

Trust isn't an easy commodity for me at all, especially given the circumstances.

I thank all of you for getting my head above the water that I was drowning in.

Thank you for caring about and loving me so much.

You all truly were my life raft in a sea of confusion and despair.

If you don't mind to continue to pray for me and my children,

I would be so grateful.

Thank you so very much.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs and prayers Geneal! We are here for you always.

I am glad you were able to speak your mind.

Please just focus on taking care of yourself and your children.

[group hug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopesAlive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopesAlive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

So nice to see you posting, and thank you for the update! You are going through a lot right now, and it IS confusing and not at all easy.

You don't have to make any quick decisions. Like you say, continue to concentrate on your children and yourself, right now, and pray for guidance and take your time sorting out what will be best for you and your children, in the end. That decision does not have to be made today or tomorrow. You are doing what you believe is right for you, and I, for one, support you no matter what you decide, because this is YOUR life, obviously! [Smile]

I am so relieved that you and your children are safe, and so happy you are posting again. Thank you for opening up and sharing with everyone here. That, alone, takes courage.

And, yes, take time for YOU right now, take good care of yourself, be gentle with yourself, and know that, with time, your answers will come.

--------------------
Best Wishes,

Hope

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

~~The Shawshank Redemption~~

Posts: 234 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear you are ok and I will continue to pray for you and your family.
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all so glad you are safe. Those long hours of discussion will go a long way for you and your family. Maybe he finally got the point and the depth of your pain.

The future is bright if he truly loves you. Time will tell and you are smart enough to know what to do. You and your God are trustworthy!

You'll continue to be in my prayers. Call me when you can. I hate to call since I don't know when is a good time to do so.

gg

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in a place like you are my sister gave me the best advice....
You will know when it is time to do something.

It was so true. When the time came, I knew it was time for me to separate from him and keep the kids safe. Divorce did follow.

It wasn't easy, but the difference was I believe God was guiding me.

Take good care of you....will keep you in my prayers.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there girl!!!! You've got a good support group here and we have your back.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is your decision, not ours. We just want you to be in a good situation.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust will not return, until genuine forgiveness is extended.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers and strength being sent your way. No matter what desicions are made... we are here for you.

For me, when I considered divorce it was an emotional rollercoaster... I thought about it, but it took a few years before I finally took action.

What is meant to be will be. I am wishing you and your children the best. I am glad that you found the strength to voice your feelings and thoughts... GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! [woohoo]

No matter what, we are here for you. Stay safe, and continue to stand up for yourself. You have already done more than I was able to do.

Hugs,
Laura

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you Geneal... [group hug]

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point of clarification,,is he away from home on the road selling something all week. In general of course.

And are you like on summer break from school for now?

So what time of the day or night is he thru working for the day? And where does he stay?Hotels or motels? Different place each night?

Its a good thing you were able to clear some air last weekend. Does he call the kids every night? Its a good thing his kjds are priority now.

IF you two can work things out that is certainly the best course to take. If it smells like three day old fish it probably is!! Hopefully it smells like 3 day old roses.

Would a good old family vacation help things get better?? If no week time even a fun weekend to amusement park, water park, or even zoo for all 4 of you to do together.

So basicly what you have said is he has completely and totaly changed his mind??? And wants to stay as husband and father??

In this coming of age has he said 'anything' about treating his possible co's and or lyme? Or is he still denying ??

take care,

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard one too many flower stories...

Best wishes to you and your family.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also need a year to make a decision.
But he could use the time to transfer your savings and also take out loans, sell things....

Try to get information about divorce from local groups ... to prevent financial problems.
You need to know the facts.

Or try to find a group online to get financial advice from other divorced women.
You cannot risk a financial problem.
Stay cool but get prepared for all alternatives.

Wish you stay strong.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you. For some reason I am thinking of what they told me at the domestic shelter.

The cycle of abuse

Honeymoon period
Tension
Release of tension

Back to honeymoon period

I know i don't have the words for the cycle right...guess I need to do a search on the computer

Abuse is not always just physical...emotional is the worse.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.heart-2-heart.ca/men/page5.htm

If you scroll down the phases of abuse are shown.

This site is for men but I think the same phases go for women too.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Checked here to check on you daily. I know you have been through this before and most likely will go through it again.

I have been concerned for you a long time. Don't have answers. But, do have prayers. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement