LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Need prayers again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need prayers again
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salt dropped down really low, i was in the hospital at this level before. If it didn't go up today, I'm back in the hospital again for 4 days to raise it. I'm on 6000 mg. Of salt tablets

and lasix to retain salt. Not cutting it. Not sure why I have hyponatremia. Exhausted all areas. Can't go up fast on salt or it causes brain damage, have enough already. Integtative

doc put me on elim. Diet which restricted me from almost everything I used to eat. Called her yesterday, she said it's not the diet doing it, it's the lack of salt in it. If you've stopped

all youve eaten how could it not go down? I've done my fluid restriction 30 oz a day, salted everything so much, going for blood now, did on monday, lower than the week before. Also, dropping lamictal down but psych said it's ok weekly to go down . Diet over next week. Hospital doesn't scare me anymore, been there, done that. Not feeling much for anything anymore, family and friends included. Luvox took care of that with depersonalization. Thanks, if you can ask god for some of life back so I can slow down asking for prayers. God bless.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest LIP,

Praying for you now and will later too!

Praying for test result to be good, depersonalization to go away and for healing in all ways for you.

Also praying you will have hope and peace in the meantime.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww LIP so sorry you're having such a rough time right now. Yes, I am praying. May the doctors have wisdom how to proceed.

May God give you His peace and healing touch. May you be filled with HOPE today and sense God's love and presence.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lip, praying for support in recovery to a path you can plant your feet into with The Lord's Will,
may you over come your symptoms
wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and it shall be DONE.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it Lyme im Putnam...you are seeking the correct fix and that is the Lord. So sorry about this set back you have to endure.

Praying the Lord will be sitting on the edge of your hospital bed giving you strength and endurance. Pray that the Lord will show you His kindness and compassion in a very real way to you personally.

Asking Him to guide the doctors and keep them humble.

Will continue to pray for you and will be checking back to see how your doing.

Sue

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme in Putnam, you can never ask for too many prayers. We care and God cares so much more!

Dear Lord, please love on LIP today. Please comfort her, give her strength, courage, perseverance. Continue the good work you have already started in her, touch and heal her body. Help her to think clearly and feel like herself again. Grant her doctors the knowledge, wisdom, understanding, patience, skills, and all that they need to best help LIP. I lift her up to you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers for you Lyme in Putnam!
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers your way! Hope you can figure out what is causing this.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all. Feel like I lost myself a long time ago. God bless.

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news is God knows where you are and where you left off.

Just put your life in His hands...sounds hard, I know.
Deep breaths, praise Him, read Psalms.....whatever brings you peace.

God never leaves us or forsakes us

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God bless you with a great recovery. It can happen,I know!
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dogsandcats:
Good news is God knows where you are and where you left off.

Just put your life in His hands...sounds hard, I know.
Deep breaths, praise Him, read Psalms.....whatever brings you peace.

God never leaves us or forsakes us

ditto

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aldosterone is a hormone that increases the reabsorbtion of sodium and water. Aldosterone is a hormone made by the adrenal glands and acts on the kidneys to conserve sodium.

Found this some time ago on the internet when researching answers for me, at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldosterone

I dont know if this is related to what you are going through. I am seeking to overcome the same problem. My doctor tested my ADH, ACTH, and Cortisol. I too have to use sea salt for everything. Not sure if the problem is adrenal related.

This is not meant as medical advice, just a friend going through similar. Praying in the power and name of Jesus that you will receive healing. I hope that you and feeling well soon.

Take care friend.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Went up a point to 127 today norm 135-146. Asked kidney dr. How would I know if it dropped again. He said if you feel crazier get it checked. Lowering psych Meds, fluid restriction, cleanse diet, depersonalization, Lyme, OCD, stress, how would I know. Keep prayers coming. Thanx.

--------------------

MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme in Putnam

Thanks for sharing the good news of going up a point today. May it continue to go up.

You had mentioned a Kidney doctor. So they believe the problem is with the kidneys? The only reason I ask is because I have the problem of retaining salt.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MorningSong! I've missed seeing you here!

lyme in Putnam, still praying for you. Hugs [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme in Putnam...Praying that things will straighten out for you and that each day will bring you closer to answers, wellness and the Lord Himself.

Praying that you are being treated well in the hospital.

Asking the Lord for you to feel His peace and that you can rest and recoup quickly.

Will continue to pray.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone has a clue why a body just cant hold salt.

For me I think this time of year working outside,,,naturally sweating more than the average bear,,I see why.

But even in winter I feel like I cant sleep,,,eat salty food and sleep hard and dream harder.

a salt tab for "ME" works better than Ambien.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Checked my kidneys, have siadh, hyponatremia, body can't retain salt. Thought it was ssri. Cold turkeyed me ssri for 4 mos. Salyut still low. It's called siadh nephrologist doesn't know, checked everything, still ok except salt goes down. Thanks for your prayers. Please when u talk to god, just ask him for some peace in this head. Thanks. You've always been there on the other end. Be well.

--------------------

MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Dear Putnam,

Found this on the internet and was hoping it would help regarding causes of Hypoatremia:

Water balance is normally mediated by thirst, the secretion of antidiuretic hormone (also known as vasopressin), the feedback mechanisms of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, and renal handling of filtered sodium and water. Disorders in any one of these components of sodium balance can result in hyponatremia...

The syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) was initially described by Leaf and Mamby. They demonstrated a direct relationship between excessive vasopressin and fall in serum sodium concentration without any change in urine osmolality or flow rate.

Full article here:
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/768380-overview

In summary, the causes of Hypoatremia are:

1. Excessive anti-diuretic hormone (ADH also known as vasopressin). My doctor tested mine and it was very high. He then treated me with antibiotics that cross the Blood Brain Barrier since the Hypothalamus Gland produces ADH. I am thankful after treatment my ADH test returned to normal. This is not medical advice - just sharing my experience since I care. Not sure if this is related to what you are going through.

2. Adrenal Gland makes hormone Aldosterone which helps retain salt.

3. Kidneys

Infection or too many medications,etc from what I have read can affect these areas. Its hard to know.

I am sorry you are going through this. I am praying for Gods wisdom for you and your doctors in your decisions and Jesus' healing in your body and life. Keeping crying out to Jesus in prayer for healing and direction. He hears our cry and answers. He cares. Take care Putnam.

payne
Member # 26248

lymeinputman, Good day,
I hope you have found solid footing to keep yourself at bay from this horrific disease. and co infections..
I remember around the 10th-14th you had 4/5 good days.. I too, have had a run of some fun days, then the plague starts to thrive again.
It to me is a hallmark sign for people to know its LD..
first we can have days free of this..
showing me something that its not 24/7 shows me its not some disease or illness that is always in a certain spot and always present..
2nd, it puts a mark to try for again, I want so bad to hit those days - it keeps me fighting, if we never have any good days the will to get well is diminished.
Never feel ashamed or at fault with any replies and asking for guideness in your wake.
I have noticed do to extreme charting and micro managing my month... the days i have good are simularly the same every 28 days..
so, perhaps you can focus on a cycle of this disease and make plans to fit in..
its such a tight rope and life draining disease to have,
we feel your pain and know the losses..
Yet, we have no magic pill of take two and cyou.
I truly hope and Pray that soon you will get back on the wagon and push through to a brighter time...
lead others here to a better way of dealing through this, what is your thoughts for others that will follow in your shoes as many will with LYME.
God, is close and watching over you. be strong and couragous we love you and care about your well being.
Find a comfort spot and rest your mind of this. wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Thanks so much pain and all. I just x out the days that rot, many are rotted out. If I have a minute or second of clarity, I write it, bad d/p, OCD bad, ... Codes for he'll. It's so hard as you all know. Thanks again. Testing salt again on Monday. Be well god bless.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you LIP... please ask your dr about the things that MorningSong posted! Sounds promising.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Thinking of you Lyme in Putnam. Praying that the Lord will give you a crumb here...no...will pray that He will give you a slice of cake here...not just a measley crumb.

I pray that the Lord will comfort your mind and body...that you will know His goodness and that he will reveal to you how much He loves you.

That you can rest in His arms and that you can be totally assured that He is thinking of you constantly and is with you constantly.

I will continue to pray for you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement