LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hurricane Irene & Plum Island??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurricane Irene & Plum Island??
momintexas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Plum Island??

Is it still used?

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are they still raising bugs there? i thought it was shut down.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about that too? Hope it gets wiped out.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will soon be a new research facility. Wouldn't want to live near the new one either.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting "wiped out" could be bad for all. I doubt it is free of bugs.

I didn't think it was totally closed yet...but I don't know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I was thinking too. Whatever is left on that island could be set free after this storm.

Where is the new research facility going to be??

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by momintexas:
Where is the new research facility going to be??

Somewhere where they have easy access to gullible victims.

I'm guessing Texas.
[Smile] [lol]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/plum-island-bio-lab-inviting-target-terrorists

DHS has already chosen Manhattan, Kansas, as the location of new biolab to replace the aging Plum Island research facility (``DHS is searching for buyers for Plum Island facility,'' 4 August 2009 HSNW), but New York politicians want the lab -- and its jobs -- to stay. In any event, it will take years to build the new lab.

momintexas
Member # 23391

http://www.rense.com/general93/plum.htm

"And that's just the beginning. President Obama included $150 million in his 2012 fiscal budget.

The new facility, which will conduct research about deadly and highly infectious animal diseases, is now expected to open by 2018. However, work there will commence while construction is ongoing. "

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so get ready for a new wave of lymies as if there arent already enough

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James... your prejudice is showing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. How about including something in the budget for all of us lymies suffering! I feel its the govt's fault anyways for lyme disease. Saw a couple conspiracy theory shows about plum island and how they think lyme started there.

If anyone wants something good to watch in ur spare tme...watch jesse venturas show. Think thats his name.. Used to be a politician i believe... And i think the show is called conspiravy theories...and he has one on plum islqnd.

--------------------
7/09- WB IGG Neg all bands -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
Treated w/ 21 days of Doxy.
10/09- WB IGG Pos bands 41 & 58 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
04/11- WB IGG Pos band 66 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41 Pos EBV.

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does our govt think they need biowarfare labs [confused] [loco] That is soooo insane!!

Read a long time ago, that they brought the nazi scientists over after WW2, to work in these labs. I mean, who are they trying to kill? Do the powers that be, have antedotes?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, it's true.. they brought a scientist from Germany to work at Plum Island.. Hope I'm remembering all this correctly..memory is shot these days.
It's sad... so so sad... and makes me angry.
I believe the govt has the cure for lyme, HIV, cancer etc. They are trying to kill us off.

--------------------
7/09- WB IGG Neg all bands -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
Treated w/ 21 days of Doxy.
10/09- WB IGG Pos bands 41 & 58 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
04/11- WB IGG Pos band 66 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41 Pos EBV.

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His name was Eric Traub and they gave him the keys to the store.

Many thought he should have been tried along with the other war criminals at Nuremberg.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

its just so sick...

--------------------

Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ipkayak...sick but true from all I've read.
Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lab 257 is an eye opening book. You don't want any hurricanes hitting Plum Island and turning loose any of the other bacteria they are developing there.

There is a big Lyme problem in Nova Scotia, Plum Island is on the flight pattern of birds heading north....they stop off on Plum Island pick up infected ticks that ended up certain areas of NS and it is spreading fast.

Plum Island is at the tip of Long Island and that is where they used to raise Long Island Duck....well the commercial duck population wiped out from ticks and Lyme.

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement