LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lymenet People I Would Love to Meet and Thank (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lymenet People I Would Love to Meet and Thank
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many, but let me see if I can remember at least some of them.

Lymetoo--the best, always on the boards, knows a lot
Sixgoofy--same with tutu
Tincup--see here and there, a great source
bcb1200
randibear
James1979--a real fun addition
TF--same with tutu
momintexas
Keebler and Chiquita Incognita

I know there are more. But, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate these folks being here. This is a quite a journey and the light at end of tunnel would not be there if it wasn't for these people.

Thanks again.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, hon, i'm honored to be in such good company. don't understand why me tho.

i'd just like to meet all of you. wish we could have a big conference and somebody would pay our expenses so we all could go.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randybear--let's see. 5K+ posts: I would say you're quite knowledgable and graciously giving of your time.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jackie51, I am hijacking your post... [kiss]

I would like to thank jackie51 for this post and also everybody on these boards that take the time to answer questions, ask questions, post links to information and everything else that my mind won't let me think of right now.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

P.S. I'd like to thank everybody that makes me laugh too...

[bow] [bow] [bow] [bow] [bow]

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, mom!

Thanks for mentioning me. I am honored. I really enjoy being here and can't break an old habit!! I learn so much here from everyone!

I have met Melanie Reber, just don, and others who no longer post here. I missed a golden chance to meet MADDOG, charlie, and Tincup about 5 yrs ago. Still sad about that!!

I would like to meet momintexas, penguingirl, Dekrator, daisy, MDW and everyone else on "God Thought."

I THINK I'd like to meet James.. but that's a scary thought!! [lol] And randibear too. OK, who did I leave out? How about "lou", LouB, jackie51, and OF COURSE, Sixgoofy!!! Would really like to meet her since we talk all the time. Same with momintexas. Oh .. and Robin123, merrygirl, sometimesdilly, Rene, map1311!!

Also, Silverwolf and hubby, kam, Aklnwlf, and everyone on the Exercise thread!

[bow] Thanks to all who help out here and work hard to lift the spirits of others!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, i've got pictures of silverwolf and that's really helped so much. i think i sent her pictures of me.

that might be an idea. just mail a picture.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know what some of the above buddies look like! They're all gorgeous and/or handsome! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I'm cool enough to be on that list, but thanks for remembering me anyway! [Smile]

I'm actually pretty dorky in "real life". I'm usually a serious person, and I very rarely tell jokes. I don't know why I get all goofy when I'm writing on the Internet! [Smile] Maybe it's like some kind of "alter ego" or something.

But, if anyone is ever in the Chicago area - come on over! I'd love to meet everyone, especially the frequent posters. If we get two or three together, maybe we could have a party. I'll be serving lemon-detox drinks and dried wakaame chips.

I don't like to share my picture with anybody, because once the girls see how handsome I am, I'm afraid they'll start befriending me for superficial reasons. [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww Jackie - thank you and ditto!

Tutu - I feel like I've known you for 20 years! [Wink]

There are SO many people on here that I'd love to meet as well.

Everyone on this board is so supportive and I'm so grateful to have found this site.

Sending special hugs to ALL of the moms (and dads) with sick children on this site.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

I wish we could figure out a way for all of us to meet with our kids somewhere. It would be nice for them to gather with other kids that understand what they are going through.

I appreciate all of you for the advice and support you have shared with me. I've made some wonderful friends here.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Names come to my mind right now but health is too low to type them out.

When I first got sick, I had this idea that I would some day travel across the USA and meet some of the people from lymenet.

Got to met Just Don and Ms Melanie in person a couple of years ago. health was OK but not really doing well enough to do that talking thing or have a regular conversation.

I met some people when I went down the hill to go to visit some who were doing hyperbaric (sp) oxygen when I first moved to AZ but darn if I can recall who it was and what they look like.

Met Karen in person and she drove me to see my doc in CA in 2006 or 2007. Bless her. Last time I saw my LLMD>

She also helped me get my power chair that was donated to me and I have used daily since 2006 or 2007 I think.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by James1979:

I don't like to share my picture with anybody, because once the girls see how handsome I am, I'm afraid they'll start befriending me for superficial reasons. [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

-
that really WOULD be a terrible thing, James!! [lol]

Back atcha, mominTX! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great thread, Jackie! It would be nice to meet everyone that has been so helpful and supportive. I don't know what I would have done without lymenet. I would probably still be on inadequate amounts of probiotics and eating the wrong stuff, etc.

Yes Lymetoo - I would love to thank and meet you too! We could have a clarinet party. [lol]

James - I would love to join your lemon detox drink party. I'll bring the cultured vegetables that look kind of sketchy but not moldy, haha, jk.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is going to the IDSA protest in Boston in October let me know - I will be there and it would be great to say hi!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could meet everyone face to face too...I have been blessed by so many helping hands here on Lymenet...some with encouraging words and others with sterling medical advice...some people make me laugh or chuckle and others cause me to pray for them...I am so thankful for everyone here...has made my journey as a caretaker, more tolerable.

I wish we could get together.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Look at the male-female ratio of this thread... It's all babes and no pimps! Dang. I gotta tell my friends about this place.

If we ever have a party, I'm gonna have to find some chick music to play. Maybe I can download some Michael Bolton albums from iTunes or something... Any suggestions? [Smile]

LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too would love to meet everyone. It's so nice to have a place to come to where everyone understands what the other person is going through.

I wish I had found this board sooner--I'd already had Lyme for a good year before I even knew it existed.

I've learned so much and everyone is so helpful.

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - I'll try to wait till I get to Heaven...
but, the ones I meet so far are Humble and
thoughtfull and are capable of loving much.
wayne [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I likely won't meet you, I want to at least thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!

"Life with Lyme" would be unbearable without each one of you!!!

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met so many from here coast to coast.

at the risk of forgetting some of them, you know who you are,,and many that arent here any more.

And so many more I would like to meet. Your all heroes to me for various and sundry reasons.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how I forgot 17hens, boxermom, t9im, just don and sforgen. isn't sforgen the perfect health guy?

So many to remember, but obviously a lyme brain. So, if I have forgotten, it's not an oversight. ;-)

Maybe we get that bumper sticker with big letters, "LN" and then it says lymenet underneath it. Kind of like we do for OBX "outerbanks".

Thanks again and bigs hugs to all!

[group hug]

randibear
Member # 11290

Plough just don who's handy too

--------------------

James1979
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Marz:
Since I likely won't meet you, I want to at least thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!

"Life with Lyme" would be unbearable without each one of you!!!

Why won't you meet us??? You're not coming to the party in Chicago??! EVERYONE'S INVITED!!

Just don't forget to bring your Michael Bolton CDs. [Smile]

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bringing The Ramones.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, we can use the excuse of the Cubbies winning the world series as a good excuse to 'par-tee'.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

BoxerMom - who are the Ramones? What are some famous songs of theirs that I might recognize?

Does anyone here listen to heavy metal?

Just don - The Cubs are playing the world series? Is the world series going on now? Did they already win??? [Smile]

LOL. Sorry. Obviously I'm not into sports.

But you know what? We can use their victory as an excuse anyway!! [lol]

jackie51
Member # 14233

I use to listen to Heavy Metal. Not much more these days. Black Sabbath comes to mind.
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ramones sang "I want to be Sedated" in the 80's. Perfect for my life now.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ramones are an early punk band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramones

Here's a YouTube video someone made of the lyrics to I Wanna Be Sedated. It includes photos of the band. (S/he got the lyrics wrong, but corrected them in the comments. Oops.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhh24BB84e4

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

I skimmed through the wiki link, but I didn't recognize anything.

I listened to the beginning of that youtube clip, but I really don't recognize it.

I think wiki said something about how they were called "the second greatest band of all time". Maybe I'm just "out of the loop". Or maybe I'm not old enough...

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Youngsters! Yer soft! That's yer problem!

When I was young, we had to hitch a ride to the city or some crazy field, then walk 5 miles in the snow, uphill each way, to see a Rock concert. And we were zonked off our gourds!

Now you've got yer YouTube and yer iTunes and yer Lollapalalala.

Yer soft! You wouldn't know Rock if one fell on yer head! And you wouldn't see it comin', neither, cuz you'd be "texting!"

And don't get me started on the sweet sounds of vinyl. Our record collections took up half our bedrooms! And our hi-fi's took up the other half! We had to sleep curled up in our beanbag chairs!

Not now, with yer crazy iPods! So small, you kin never find 'em. An' when ya do, it's cuz yer sittin' on one!

We EARNED our hearing loss by shovin' thru the mayhem to dance our patoots off in front of amps stacked so high, they disappeared into great swirlin' clouds of smoke! Next day, yer ears would ring so loud, an' yer Ma would yell at ya good fer stayin' out so late, but ya didn't care.

I tell you what, Son, that wuz LIVIN'!

[cussing] [cussing] [cussing]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Boxermom...and I say again, amen!
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA Boxermom!! FUNNY!!!
Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

uh oh, I think I'm out numbered here. If anyone is under 50, PM me and we'll start an alliance. [Smile]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by momintexas:
HA Boxermom!! FUNNY!!!

-
You soft KID, you!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

I'm under 50. I just do a good "old person" rant.

I do feel the generation gap, however.

The times, they are a-changin'...

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

momintexas
Member # 23391

I'm under 40 and I know who The Ramones are and I see the generation gap.

Things are MUCH different now than they were when I was growing up - that's for sure.

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jackie!

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For sure, Keebler.. I've read so many informative and thoughtful posts of hers.. although not meant specifically for me, they were always helpful.

And of course, Lymetoo.. she always hammers home how important it is to keep candida in mind and to eat properly! She's right, I'm glad I listened!

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all are just too sweet, too funny and too special! And too darn smart! Perfect friends all around!

Thanks for being you!

[group hug]

And thanks Jackie!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW- A nice place to meet folks- other patients, advocates, and doctors- is at the LDA conference. It is this weekend in Philly.

Come on by, learn some stuff and have some fun too!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

I'll hit the conference next year. too sick this year and got two sick kids. Philly is right around the block too.

Yes, I remember concerts. Back when you could actually smoke a cigarette or a joint and no one cared. This younger generation is so coddled. :-)

just don
Member # 1129

I am so old we didnt have electric stuff like amps etc. I was born right between the invention of dirt and the wheel!!!!

What do all you youngens do for fun? Us oldens take our favorite club and go hunt for food!!

Never even heard of those 'moanies' group. We listened to the 'Birds' and 'Monkees' and a 'Beatle' or four. Those 'animals' make better music!!

So you dont want to get drug by your hair back to my cave huh??? I can appreciate that.

You will get over being so young soon enough. Seem like a snap of my fingers I was dodging chicken poop and hot sand on the feet. Barefoot was a townie thing.

--------------------
just don

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hear, hear - I wish, re meeting everyone. Would be fantastic to be able to do so. As it is, we meet in our respective locales, like where a Lyme conference happens, usually.

Re Jackie's Q about Scott Forsgren, yes, he's the better health guy, AND facilitator of our SF peninsula support group, and I haven't seen him stumped once! He knows everything! Not bad for being a patient, not a dr.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxer... That was hilarious!

All I can say is that I love this place and I love you all. I would not be able to do this without you!

I am sorry that our common interest is killing bugs, but God put us here for a reason I am sure.

I am also in Chicago, and James no the Cubs are not in the World series. I don't think we can use them in the same sentence? [Smile]

James can bring the detox drinks, I can provide a 3 person sauna and electrolyte water [Razz] It will be a crazy methylation party!

Peace
Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

I am irritated by the poor performance by the Red Sox.

Ah well.

Anyway I can bring B-12 shots. It is not as good as jello shots but whatever - they are bright red! And some Bicillin shots too! [woohoo]

--------------------
 -

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

"not as good as Jello shots..." HA!

I guess we should bring our own enema kits? Hygiene and all...

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

James1979
Unregistered

So... Fuel wants to call it a "meth party", and penguingirl wants to share needles.

At least boxermom is playing it safe! [Smile]

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Ok so I wrote something about parasites here - too gross, so I'm deleting!!

--------------------
 -

momindeep
Member # 7618

OMG penguingirl...I cannot believe you said that!
penguingirl
Member # 28688

I know - I just realized that was sooo inappropriate! I meant it only as a joke!!

[bonk]

I will totally delete it!

--------------------
 -

momindeep
Member # 7618

I think it is hilarious!
James1979
Unregistered

Put it back!
penguingirl
Member # 28688

No no - I don't want to get banned.. to lymenet Europe, haha!

--------------------
 -

Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are quick, witty and good my friend.

I hope the cops don't come knocking..

I better hide my syringes, Rx's, and supps.

Me: Officer, I swear I am not selling black market supplements! I have Lyme disease!

Officer: Son, be real, Lyme disease is cured in 2 weeks with antibiotics. Besides we don't have any cases of Lyme in these neck of the woods.

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Man, I missed all the excitement while I was replying.. wtHECK someone PM me [Smile]

Fun stuff

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

James1979
Unregistered

Fuel - I missed it, too! It was still fun to laugh at the responses, even without reading the original post.

BTW I liked your officer joke a lot! [Smile] Quality.

Isn't it amazing to think that every time we laugh, we're boosting the immune system and killing more bugs? I wish there was a way to laugh for a couple of hours straight every day...

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be in Boston for the Rally! I'm so fortunate, I've met most of my Lyme Friends!!! SixGoofy is one of the few of my closest Lyme Friends I have not met YET but will I'm sure!

I'm in CT and my home is always open, but I think everybody knows that. I've hosted many a Lymie over the years!

I hope to travel to San Antonio to visit my son, who is stationed there in the Army, sometime in November so if anyone is in that area, let me know!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You will love San Antonio in November! (unless you get the really rare cold spell!!)

(take a coat .. you never know when it will be cold and windy in TX)

Be sure to see the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and maybe even Breckenridge Park.

Some are disappointed in the Alamo, but it is a sacred shrine, not a tourist attraction. Is he at Ft Sam Houston? They have a cool park in the center (can't remember the term for it).. oh.. Quadrangle, I think.

You will want to stay in your car since they have deer in there!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

James1979
Unregistered

I ran into a silly joke just now. Since this is a silly thread, I thought I'd share it with y'all:
---
Two vampires walked into a bar and called for the bartender.

"I'll have a glass of blood," said one.

"I'll have a glass of plasma," said the other.

"Okay," replied the bartender, "That'll be one blood and one blood lite."

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

"HA!" says my emoticon.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James is raising an interesting issue here - could drunk vampires possibly spread Lyme disease?

If so, it kinda sucks, doesn't it?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

LOL @Robin! [Smile] You are the MASTER at corny jokes! [kiss]

Here's some more for y'all. I get them from a supplements newsletter:

"I do ten sit-ups every morning. It might not sound like much, but there are only so many times you can hit the snooze button."

-----

"I'm prescribing these pills for you," said the doctor to the overweight patient. "I don't want you to swallow them. Just spill them on the floor twice a day and pick them up, one at a time...."

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] [lol] To both of you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Transylvania Alert! Vamps - New "fang"led Blood Anonymous group now forming to help you get over that annoying habit of spreading Lyme disease where ere you may go at night...

A lot is at stake for human inhabitants in your region! One human even suggests you might check out corn as a new diet (some varieties do have red kernels). So, be a chump, and do your part for a Healthy Transylvania!

James1979
Unregistered

LOL @Robin! [Smile]

Here's a good one: Tell me what you think of this:
quote:
Harry the hypochondriac began sobbing before his doctor." I'm sure I've got liver disease, and I'm gonna die from it." "Ridiculous," said the doctor. "You'd never know if you had the disease or not. With that ailment there's no discomfort of any kind." "Right," said Herman, "those are my exact symptoms."

James1979
Unregistered

quote:
"No need for me to come out to the house," the doctor told the worried caller. "I've checked my files and you husband is a hypochondriac and doesn't have a heart condition at all. He just thinks he does."

A week later, the doctor telephoned to make sure his diagnosis had been correct. "How's your husband today?" he asked.

"Worse,'' came the reply. "Now he thinks he's dead."

James1979
Unregistered

quote:
Rules of PMS:
1. The Female is never wrong.
2. The Female can change her mind at any time.
3. The Male is expected to read the mind of the Female at all times.
4. If the Female has PMS, all THE RULES are null and void and the Male must cater to her every whim.
5. If the Male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to Rule #1.

James1979
Unregistered

Fuel - You see, man? I added 4 to my post count within 2 minutes' time. Learn from the pros, baby, learn from the pros. [Big Grin]
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

I have been gone a day or 2 and now we are on PMS jokes? What gives?

Any married man knows that this stuff is NO laughing matter.

I am sorry, but I cannot partake in any of this slander.

You forgot one:
TOP 14 THINGS PMS STANDS FOR:

Pass My Shotgun
Psychotic Mood Shift
Pack My Stuff
Permanent Menstrual Syndrome
Perpetual Munching Spree
Puffy Mid-Section
People Make Me Sick
Provide Me with Sweets
Pardon My Sobbing
Pimples May Surface
Pass My Sweatpants
****y Mood Syndrome
Plainly Men Suck
Who Cares? I'm not in the mood to play this anymore!!

James - I don't know how you sleep at night, cheating the system. [Smile]

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

James1979
Unregistered

Fuel - wasn't the weather AWESOME today? It was like a perfect day outside!! I felt lighter than air all day because I was so happy.

Too bad the winter is coming...

Hey, since I mentioned the PMS joke, I should also post the health news that was written underneath the joke in the newsletter I got:
quote:
Consuming foods with higher levels of the B vitamins thiamine and riboflavin may reduce the incidence of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) by about 35%, suggest new findings from a recent study.

As thiamine and riboflavin are known to play important roles in the synthesis of various neurotransmitters involved in PMS, the link between B vitamins and PMS makes physiological sense.

Men - try to be graceful as you suggest to your wives to supplement with thiamine and riboflavin. How is this: "Honey, you look like you could really use some thiamine... and maybe some riboflavin also. I can see it in your cheeks."?? You think that'd work? [Smile]
Robin123
Member # 9197

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James1979:
[QB] LOL @Robin! [Smile]

Here's a good one: Tell me what you think of this:
[QUOTE]Harry the hypochondriac began sobbing before his doctor." I'm sure I've got liver disease, and I'm gonna die from it." "Ridiculous," said the doctor. "You'd never know if you had the disease or not. With that ailment there's no discomfort of any kind." "Right," said Herman, "those are my exact symptoms."

I think Harry should join Asymptomatics Anonymous.

Robin123
Member # 9197

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James1979:
[QB] [QUOTE]Rules of PMS:
1. The Female is never wrong.
2. The Female can change her mind at any time.
3. The Male is expected to read the mind of the Female at all times.
4. If the Female has PMS, all THE RULES are null and void and the Male must cater to her every whim.
5. If the Male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to Rule #1.

Be nice, James and Fuel! After all, this IS a support site and a lot of women with Lyme have increased pms difficulties.

Me, I'm just speaking in solidarity, since Lyme took care of that problem for me by eating my hormones for lunch, and I don't miss it at all!

James1979
Unregistered

Well, since there are so many chicks on this forum, I guess I'll post another then:
quote:
The 5 Definitive Signs of PMS are:
1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
5. You're convinced there's a God and he's male.

And then here's what the health newsletter said underneath this joke:
quote:
A mixture of essential fatty acids (EFAs) was shown to significantly improve the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome.

Only two EFAs are known to be crucial for human health: alpha-linolenic acid which is an omega-3 fatty acid and linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid. Other fatty acids that are only considered to be "conditionally essential" include gamma-linolenic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid, lauric acid which is a saturated fatty acid, and palmitoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

And your point is??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brave talk for someone not face to face with all of us
"women folk"

Brave talk.....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement