LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 1/23 - 2/26/12 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Thought 1/23 - 2/26/12
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning friends!

Lymetoo,

How wonderful that you were able to pray with that friend who was trying to help a young man.

I'm believing with you that "God has it covered."

I'm still praying for Gage and also believing that God will guide his surgeon to perform successful surgery and Gage will be healed.

Also prayers for strength and comfort for Gage and his family.

Thanks for the update. I'll be anticipating a good report after the surgery!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Still praying for everyone!! Jesus, I trust in You!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon God Thought family,

Prayer's..oh yes, said them this morning. Gosh I am enjoying chatting with our Lord. He is much on my mind and in so many things I do through out my day, even when I am just sweeping a floor...I chat with Him now instead of myself.

I was reading this day, a devotional by Martha...hmm... Martha Noebel and wanted to share a piece she had to say..

I felt God drop this "pearl" into my heart. It is the acronym for the word changes:

Christ
Has
A
New
Gift
Each
Second

Wow! We can look at each new day and even each second as an opportunity for God to bless us! Each moment contains a gift from God if we want to look for it. It can be in a smile from someone at work, an encouraging word from a friend, God's Word speaking to our hearts, or a pat on the back from our bosses. The list is endless. Let's not overlook the obvious ones like a promotion, good report cards from our children, a Sunday school child who calls us his or her hero, an unexpected financial blessing, a whole week without something breaking in the house.

In Malachi 3:6, God says, "For I am the Lord, I change not." Isn't that comforting? With all the changes, there is one thing that cannot change... GOD. This includes His great love for us.

He also says in His Word,

"So God has given us both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to his promise with confidence" (Hebrews 6:18, The Book).

What has God promised you? He has promised to never leave you nor forsake you, no matter what.
"For the Lord will not cast off His people, neither will He forsake His inheritance" (Psalm 94:14, KJV).

"...for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5, KJV).

So let the changes come. We will not walk in fear, but in faith! We will trust God with all the changes, and know that He is more than able to help us and that He even has plans to bless us.

Every second, if need be, we can find a blessing. Changes can be our friend. Let's look for God in them.

The whole Bible has pretty words, but wow, I sure do enjoy reading a KJV now and again, scripture flows so beautifully with "thee" and "hath." Have a blessed weekend. Oh, by the way...the word blessed... the Lord sure does like that word "bless," "blessed" I noticed, He uses this little word right from the beginning..in the book of Genesis is where blessed starts. [group hug]

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.. I HAVE to get a copy of Jesus Calling!!

-

Report on Caleb ...

Caleb passed his test
It's the news we have enjoyed hearing all the years of Caleb's schooling. "I passed my test." Sometimes we had higher expectations than just passing and other times we were just glad he passed.

Today we were not looking for a score, just to hear Caleb passed his swallow test and now is back to eating anything he desires. He is eating so well and so many things he would never have eaten before. He makes a 'happy plate' at every meal.

Caleb is doing well with his therapies. Each therapy session works not only on their concentration but also on the whole goal of helping Caleb get better both physically and mentally.

In Caleb's awakening moments following a nap he has to be reoriented to where he is and why he is there. This continues to cause a nervousness he expresses. He will ask us if everything is okay between God and him.

It's so wonderful to be able to assure Caleb that his relationship with God is right and God is being glorified through the circumstances. I received several texts today that were amazed at how Jesus Calling spoke to us today. It read:

"Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still. Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again.

Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells. Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for MY way in the midst of these very circumstances.

Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me. Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you. Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me.

Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms. My strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness."

God has spoken so clearly to us in the journey.

Quietness just isn't really a strong suit for us. Sales and teaching occupations do not require or encourage quietness. It does require a discipline which goes against our grain. That's why we must trust.

Jesus did not tell His disciples to obey. He told them to trust Him and then obedience was the by-product of trust. I find it so convicting that quietness precedes trust.

Be quiet and..... Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He loves those who (are quiet) and trust in Him.
When I am afraid I will (be quiet) and trust in Thee.

Please continue to pray for us to be quiet and trust God as we make decisions about where Caleb should continue therapy following being at TIRR. Please continue to pray for Caleb to be less nervous and more attentive to the work being done for him.

Please pray for Caleb and his visitors this weekend, that he would handle having guests well.
May we thank you again and again for your support. Your prayers are gifts of gold....... God-gifts. We are blessed. Deb & Kurt

[ 02-17-2012, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Dekrator! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo...That was awesome! I need a copy also of Jesus Calling. I forgot to mention earlier how sweet and glorious it must have been for you to share in prayer with a person God called into your life. So cool, have a great weekend, lymetoo.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, great devotional message, MDW! I enjoyed reading it.

I can picture you chatting with God while you work around the house, MDW...and I think you may even whistle while you work. [Smile]

Wonderful report on Caleb, Lymetoo! Praise God!

His parents, Deb and Kurt sound like the most wonderful people. They write beautiful journal entries on Caringbridge.

That is amazing how "Jesus Calling" spoke right to their situation. Not an accident by any means.

I will continue to pray for Caleb daily.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, MDW! You really did write some cool stuff up there!

I just went to ABE Books and purchased a new copy of Jesus Calling for around $10!!

www.abebooks.com

I don't know Kurt very well, but have gotten to "know him" thru his writings over the past month! Deborah is a jewel. I had the pleasure of working with her for several years. Even back then she would read Chuck Swindoll during school! [Big Grin]

She has a great sense of humor too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
payne..have you read this? Is that how you know she had lyme? I would like to get this...next month.

Lymetoo, I've been praying for Gage...actually he was on my mind & prayers when I first woke this morning. Please share new when you hear ?

I'm so thankful to have this to read. Your writes are all so good.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
payne, Thank you for the link.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH!! Now I remember her!! I had heard about her but didn't make the connection! Thanks, Payne!!!!!

DKat .. will keep you posted on Gage. I don't get daily reports on him like I do on Caleb.

Gage has 3 brothers and sisters, so Mom is very busy!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Very nice, payne! It's good to see you back here!! [Smile]

check this out:

http://thejesuscallingapp.com/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi payne!

It's good to see you here. Sorry that you have been having a rough time. May God send you healing and comfort.

Praying for all of us, and especially for little Gage, since he is scheduled for brain surgery tommorrow (Tues) at 7:30 am Texas time.

Heavenly Father, please guide Gage's surgeon's hands to do exactly what is right to remove all of the malignant tumor and cyst from Gage's brain.

Please comfort Gage and his family and fill them with supernatural peace and strength to get through this time.

Lord, please give all the medical team the wisdom they need to properly care for Gage so that he does not suffer and so that he will heal quickly and without complications.

Lord, I ask that Gage will be totally free of cancer, that he will live a long life serving You, and that his healing will bring others to reconciliation with You.

I pray all this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Amen, amen, and amen!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All, Praying and praying for all of you. Please pray for my Dr. H appointment tomorrow, but most of all for my deep dark depression I can feel myself sinking into. My youngest daughter tested positive. The one with the excema and sinus infections.

IGG on 18 and 41
IGM on anaplasma

I am kicking myself for spending the $$ on me tomorrow. I pray her treatment will be nothing like mine.

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Aww, dear flutter, I am praying for you and your daughter.

I wish I could reach out and really hug you. I would let you stand on my shoulders so you can hold your head up out of that hole.

Put it all in God's hands. Trust that He will guide you, give you all the strength you need and heal you both.

Praying for you to feel much hope and encouragement at your appt tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes, dear friend.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

fflutterby, Praying for you and your appointment tomorrow. I'm so glad you are taking care of you and your daughter.

It would not help to only treat her. You must be healed and strong too.

Praise & worship music will help lift your eyes to the Healer. Soon your heart will follow!

Lord, thank you for guiding flutter to your path of healing, that You give wisdom to Dr. H and peace and joy to 'flutter'. May she and her daughter receive Your healing and provision and dance with You in joy & health. [group hug]

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you and God bless you Dekrator, Dkat and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBxV_Guhq7g

Just left the kitchen and this song was on. Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing Him.

I lift His name and know that this is His will and I will remember Job and will not falter in my faith.

Amen

--------------------

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Beautiful song, flutter!

Keeping the faith with you! Hugs!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Please pray for my cousin Lori's young daughter, Amaya. She had a near-fatal allergic reaction last night. (Not sure what the reaction was to)

Amaya is in DC Children's Hospital in critical condition. The medical team worked on her for an hour to bring her back.

Amaya and her family need lots of prayers right now. Thank you, friends!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH flutter, I'm so sorry to hear this!! Do NOT feel guilty about spending money to get yourself well! You know the principal of the oxygen mask in an airplane, right??

Take care of yourself first so you can take care of your family.

Praying for amaya.. so frightening!!! May God heal her quickly and bring comfort to all involved.

praying also for little Gage today. I haven't heard anything yet

UPDATE!!! I'm crying with joy!!! [Smile]

--

He's done!!! It's all out!!! Amazing. I am heading back to hold my baby. My brother, Ben, who is a physician, will update the rest of this! yipeeee!!

The surgeon is confident that he removed all or almost all of the tumor. He says Gage is in recovery and moving all 4 extremities.

The surgery took significantly less time than expected. A frozen section was not performed in the operating room. A frozen section is a quick, on-site pathology report of tissue removed at the time of surgery.

The tumor tissue was cystic on the outside and solid tumor on the inside according to the surgeon. It will be sent to 2 labs for genetic analysis. We are very thankful for a good report and thankful to all of you who have believed with us for complete healing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you payne and Lymetoo, for your prayers for Amaya and her family!! I have not gotten any updates yet.

Praise God for Gage's good report!! Fantastic news!!

God has great plans for Gage's life!!!

May God bless Gage and his family during this recovery period. Praying that Gage will be free from complications and totally cancer free.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Friends,

It is with a sad heart that I tell you that dear little 8 year old Amaya was declared brain dead at 4 pm today and has gone to Heaven.

She had an anaphylactic reaction to soymilk which she drank many times before.

Her Mom (my cousin) Lori, who is a cath lab tech, performed CPR on Amaya.

She had an anoxic brain injury from which she could not recover.

Please pray for her very devastated family. [Frown]

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Oh no Dekrator ! May God comfort the family. Sending prayers.

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Dekrator, I'm so sorry! Praying for you & your family. [group hug]

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Lymetoo, Thank you for posting the good news. May the Lord continue to bless Gage and his family!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks for the prayers for Amaya's family...they need all the prayers they can get.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That is SO SO sad, Dekrator. May God's love surround your cousin and your entire family.

little Amaya is a new angel

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

update on Gage:

Gage has resumed normal function of his little self. [Smile] Praise God!!! That was one long night last night.

The 9am MRI didn't happen until 3:40. Gage has been NPO since Monday night and is so hungry. Bless that baby's heart. We are finally back in our ICU room; but, will be moving very soon to the floor.

Yeah! Gage is recovering very well; but, it will take some time for him to be up and moving around normally. We may be coming home tomorrow or Friday. It's always better to get Gage home where he can rest and recover.

Thank you for praying for us and for all our other ANP friends. We are blessed to no longer have a tumor; but, we know from experience that this is just one step to Gage's full healing.

Our surgeon said for us to not look at this as a set back; but, as an opportunity. This changed my perspective and has given me new eyes to understand that just because it didn't go how we wanted, it may go better.

Best to not fight God's plan or you may miss opportunity.

Believing,
Missy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks, Lymetoo...yes, it is very sad...unimaginable.

Praise God for Gage's good outcome and progress!!

Thank you for the update.

Missy sounds like a "rock" and a great Mom with such steadfast faith.

I will continue to pray for Gage's total recovery and healing.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Can you believe THIS??? WOW!!!

-

We're coming HOME!!! We are waiting for transport to take us down. I can't believe we are already leaving. Gage is eating fine and walking with lots of help. He is busy playing with his DSi right now and can't wait to leave.

We can't wait to leave. We are very exhausted but very excited. Praising God for all he has done for us. Praising God for having mercy on us. We're coming HOME!

Believing,

Missy

-

PRAISE GOD!! Two days after brain surgery!!? [bow]

(and yes, Missy is great mom and a very strong woman with God's help!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Oh Lymetoo, This is fantastic news!!! I'm so thankful for the good report. God is good!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Gage said a few months ago that when he gets well he's going to thank everyone who has helped him. What a dear child.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Wow!!! Lymetoo, it is amazing how children can bounce back so fast! God Bless Gage!!!

God really does have great plans for Gage. He will help many people in his life.

I will say a prayer of Thanksgiving. Praise God!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know if you remember, but he's beaten this before... at age 2!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Lymetoo,

Gage beat cancer once and he will beat it again!! Jesus, we trust in You!!

Friends,

Please keep my cousin Lori's family in your prayers today and in the coming days. This morning I am traveling to Maryland for her dear 8 year old daughter Amaya's visitation and funeral.....so so sad.

We had some snow last night and it is still snowing a little with high winds, so please pray for safe travel...thank you.

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Dekrator, Prayer for you to feel Jesus close to you as you share His love. I'm so sorry & will be praying for your family, too. [group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying for you and for your family, Dekrator. Such a terrible loss.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

from Gage's grandma and mother:

Dearest Prayer Warriors,

Thank you for your continued prayer. They had a good day at the Geddes home. I just want to share with you the good days and how thankful they are, we are.

My goodness, what if you had "thrown in the towel" six years + years ago, three, or four years ago, a year ago? Thank you for hanging in there with us. Thank you for believing that NOTHING is impossible with God, NOTHING! Give thanks in everything! We give thanks!

With love,
Have a restful, blessed weekend,
Terrie

Missy's Post:

It is nice to be home and be together as a family. Everyone has been so nice and generous to our kids and us. We are truly overwhelmed and blessed by God to have Gage home and ok.

He isn't walking very well; but, it's only been four days. He is making jokes and playing with the other kids in our bed. He is eating, and as long as we stay on top of the pain, he is sore but tolerating life quite well.

I wasn't going to post today; but, it such a miracle I had to share it. I stand in awe of a God who touched our little boy.

Believing,
Missy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Lymetoo, Thank you for the update. It is encouraging to read that Gage is through his operation and home.

Praying his life will continue to shine with God's love & healing. [Smile]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks for the prayers payne, DKat and Lymetoo.

The service yesterday for little Amaya was absolutely beautiful. We heard about a little girl who was always smiling, who loved her family soooo much, who was very generous with giving out hugs, who was so excited to see everyone she knew and even people she didn't know, who was very fond of food in general...lol,

who loved to help with her younger brother and sister, who loved school, who loved to go to church and sing Christian music, and most importantly we heard about a little girl who really loved God. We heard how Amaya loved to sing her favorite song in the car with her Mom, Lori.

Amaya's favorite song played at the service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR8rlTIU8_Y

Praise God for the good report on Gage! Thanks for the update, Lymetoo. I will continue to pray for him.

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Dekrator, I'm glad you're back safely. I really like Amaya's song. How wonderful that even death could not hold Jesus. And because of His victory, He has made us conquerors too. (& even more than conquerors!)

Still praying for His love to blanket and comfort you & your family.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's so wonderful, Dekrator. What a terrible tragedy .. but what a beautiful life she had!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

We need a new thread for March!! [bow]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Lymenet God Thought Friends,

...remember me?? Sorry I've not been around much. I do pray for you all and the issues posted. (Will share more on that in the new thread I start...hopefully soon).

WOW, so much has happened on this thread I don't even know where to begin.

Thank you all for your faithfulness to share, to care, and your prayers for each other. May these verses from James 5 encoruage you.

The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Have a blessed day and week.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement