LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Raintree closing business

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raintree closing business
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letter from Raintree:

The Last Ever Raintree Nutrition Sales CouponTuesday, November 27, 2012 3:01 PM

We are sadden to inform you that Raintree Nutrition is going out of business. As many of you are aware, we have been prohibited by the FDA of importing our bulk plant materials in from the Amazon to manufacture our products over the last year.

Between the additional high costs in meeting new GMP standards, the falling US dollar affecting our import prices, and battling the FDA over our website while still providing our customers with important factual information about our products, we simply cannot go on any longer.

Hopefully by early next year, the Tropical Plant Database will be moved back onto the Raintree website and I will maintain the website for the wealth of information it has always provided for the last 16 years.

I am gratified that we have done an excellent job in providing this service and encouraging competition because now many of the rainforest plants we've created markets for are available from other suppliers and companies.

Once Raintree stops selling products, we will post our formulas on the website product pages so our customers can make their own formulas if they care to.

The FDA may be able to stop us from selling products but they cannot stop us from providing factual information free of charge.

If feasible, when I redesign the Raintree website, I will install message boards or discussion forums so you can finally share your experiences and results with these plants and formulas (that has been silenced by the FDA for all these years).

So while the Raintree manufactured formulas might disappear, their legacy will live on and people around the world will continue to benefit from these incredible rainforest plants.

While we are out of inventory on many of our most popular products, beginning today, all remaining inventory will be available at a 15% discount, until inventory sells out.

If you are wanting to make your own formulas after ours sells out, don't forget to order the bulk 1 pound packages of herbs while they last. This coupon goes into effect immediately.

To activate the coupon, just follow this link: http://www.nexternal.com/raintree/?Coupon=final or go to our main product page at http://www.rain-tree.com/rtmprod.htm and the coupon will be activated automatically when you click on any "buy" button.

We would like to sincerely thank you for your support of our company and mission over these many years. We would also like wish you a Merry Christmas and many happy new years to come.

Sincerely,
Leslie Taylor and the dedicated staff of Raintree Nutrition.

Raintree Nutrition
3579 Hwy 50 East, Suite 222
Carson City, NV 89701
http://www.rain-tree.com
(800) 780-5902
[email protected]

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What products do they sell that lyme people buy? Better stock up.

Another reason to hate the FDA.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked the website, and it lists bulk cats claw power, which I have bought from them in the past. And maybe other businesses that carry these herbal products will also be forced to stop.

It is understandable that the FDA might tell herbal producers that they can't make any specific health claims....that is true for all supplements... but why have they singled out this class of products. Or maybe this is just the beginning of shutting down supplement sales? Don't want to start a panic here, but we know the govt health agencies get a lot of things wrong.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's horrible!!!

Yes, poppy.. I think it's the beginning of their shutting down everyone who sells herbal remedies!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They sell Spiro which has saved my daughter's life.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really terrible news.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Spiro??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy the Amazon A-F which keeps yeast in line.
Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not only all herbs that they want to outlaw, but all natural remedies & supplements period. This has been going on for decades and only getting worse.

CODEX is part of it (look it up).

The pharmaceutical co's & AMA, etc. are huge lobbies for outlawing everything but their own interests--drugs & allopathic medicine.

The number of supplements & remedies that alleviated my suffering like no drug that have been taken off the market by the FDA over the years is sickening. And I'm only 1 person.

Back in '89 there was a fantastic remedy for pain that had herbs, homeopathics, magnesium, and some B vitamins. It took care of

my migraines and body pain miraculously. Nothing else has ever done that, including numerous meds at once. The FDA made them take out whatever made it so effective.

If we don't fight this stuff tooth and nail, we will be left with nothing but meds & surgery---not so sure I would make it.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's total BS, that's who the FDA decides to crack down on?

Meanwhile Monsanto is f$^$ing people up left and right with their GMO products.

Still can't believe Obama pointed Michael Taylor, a former VP and lobbyist for Monsanto

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement