LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Bush Alzheimer's Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush Alzheimer's Disease
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been reported that Bush is developing Alzheimer's Disease.

Google or Yahoo "Bush Alzheimer's Disease"

He had been bitten while president & got a short course of ABX. I bet he was bitten in the past as well.

Funny, while he was president I could relate to him & had trouble finding words and fumbling on my speech constantly. I would have ups & downs and always found it very odd.

Little did I know the hell that was brewing in me.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You should see the video comparison of speeches he made as a governor of Texas compared to (after lyme) in the White House.

He had been an exemplarily speaker as a governor. And that is not about politics or the content. I'm talking just about his excellent ability to deliver a good speech, to connect, to keep on track, etc.

And he made his points. Again, this is not about whether I'd agree or not, but about his previous stellar abilities - at least compared to what was to come later.

I would not necessary say he had been the best oratator in the world yet, in comparison, his prior abilities were striking.

See if you can find that video comparision. A cross search both on the web and at YouTube may get you to that.

By the way, again, crossing all party lines, Bush, Sr. "a thousand points of light" speech (or segment of a speech) will always be with me. What a delightful and (hopefully still) brilliant notion for us all to carry.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yeah, I can relate, too, to the trouble with speech and cognition.

A puzzle to me, though, is that he could manage flashing lights and sudden noises VERY well for someone with lyme.

I've seen him in a live interview on a ship where a sudden alarm blast barely phased him but the interviewer jumped.

And for all those photo flashes, well, so many with lyme would not still be standing.

And his physical exercise abilities seemed beyond what most can do, too. Although, he was well known to turn out the lights by 8 or 9 pm. and shyed away from going out at all in the evenings.

Now, it may be that the sensory management and exercise tolerance & seemingly good energy levels were after he got treatment that most of us could never obtain . . . still . . . there is no doubt that speech continued to be affected.

Also consider: medication. Some meds may have helped him manage sensory stuff but then made it harder to think on his feet - or in a speech.

The inappropriate attempts at humor -- or touching (who could forget his giving German Chancellor Angela Merkel a shoulder rub at the G8?).

I relate to that as I once kissed a priest in front of a bunch of people after a christening. With hugs all around, I'd been used to giving a peck on the check to relatives and when the priest gave one of his friendly hugs, I kissed his check, too. Just out of muscle memory with others in family celebratory situations. But, oh, my.

As for cognition, though, as with myself, I know what I know and all that (intelligence is here, somewhere) but it just the communication part that clobbers me. Again, not about content, but I have no doubt that he was clear on his stance and basic facts of the matter, even if relying on his advisors (as any president would do to varying degrees).

Still, might lyme have slowed down his reaction time? Likely.

Not sure if true but it has been written that his staff never wanted to give him any bad news. I can see that as for anyone with lyme, it can be so hard to process stuff, even if intellect is still with us. Any shock or change can send us reeling.

Now, whether in a president or the person driving next to you on the freeway, or the person operating on a child or flying an airplane . . . having lyme can cause major devastation.

I had hoped that he would use his relatively successful treatment path to be part of a proactive lyme campaign (remember, he could still function even if certain skills still suffered).

I had also hoped that he would recognize that his treatment fell way short and that he had much more work to do. But I fear he did not have ILADS doctors (even if he likely got better treatment with IDSA docs than any of us ever did).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:

-
You should see the video comparison of speeches he made as a governor of Texas compared to (after lyme) in the White House.

He had been an exemplary speaker as a governor. And that is not about politics or the content. I'm talking just about his excellent ability to deliver a good speech, to connect, to keep on track, etc.

-
Very true. I was living in TX when he was governor. The videos kam is talking about are on You Tube.

Big difference.

Hope he makes the connection with the Lyme and Alzheimer's.

Camp David has claimed another victim.

Found this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvknGT8W5jA

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I think it was a time when Bush was overseas, southeast Asia, I think.

After a short presentation at the podium, he walked off the speaking platform to the double doors. He had a very hard getting out of the door, walking into the jam, etc. He seemed so dazed, a deer in the headlights.

He sort of recovered as if doing a shoulder shrug and an quick ceremonial sort of "ah, shucks" with his face and body language (which he was very good at) - but I have to wonder if some of his "oh, just lighten up" behavior might be a mask of sorts.

I could relate.
-

lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that video Keebler. I was shocked! I could not believe that was him in the "before" video. Kind of reminded me of Jeb, very serious.

When I first got sick with Lyme, I couldn't figure out how to get a word out of my mouth. Very scary...so I can relate also.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard from another member on here. She mentioned that they were protesting for our cause & LYME in Washington DC.

She mentioned that ticks were literally falling from the Trees & onto the protestors.

Do we know another president who did 2 terms & spent 8 years at the White House? Hmmmmmm, maybe Ronald Reagan?

What if our enemies have have already figured out how dangerous ticks and infections are and are using them against us? Primary targets: Washington DC, NY, Cali, FL...etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7GiLOTF3Ik

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh Lymedin2010...it makes sense.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive seen those videos...what a difference

camp david...and kennebunkport too...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive heard of this b4-the ticks falling from the sky thing

bo and the girls and mom better be careful out in that garden

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I meant by victim #2 .. Reagan was the first that we know of. I'm sure he was bitten many times by ticks, either at Camp David, the WH, or in CA.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

These ticks can crawl on you so easily. One small silent little tick & you don't even have to be on the grass.......take a peek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZKQ3IgV9hw

migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Source?

I think it was in like some Enquirer type trash mag but has he stated this publicly?

This would be a pretty big story...we would see it on CNN, CBS, etc...

Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Only after the fact, it was a brief mention in the news media but, because they don't know about lyme, it was just a very brief note saying "no big deal".

Error alert: there are several errors in this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802268.html

Bush Apparently Had Lyme Disease

-By David Brown - Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Excerpts:

President Bush was treated a year ago for what appears to have been Lyme disease, the White House said yesterday in disclosing the results of his annual physical exam.

A report of the president's recent medical examination said his case had "complete resolution" and was "without recurrence" since being treated last August. The illness, an infection carried by deer ticks that is prevalent in the Northeastern United States, had not been previously revealed.

. . .

"I wouldn't expect any problem at all for the president," said Gary Wormser, chief of infectious diseases at New York Medical College and an expert on Lyme disease. "He won't be impacted by this infection in the future."

. . .

STARI stands for "Southern tick-associated rash illness." It also causes a target-like rash and is associated with a tick bite, but the causative organism has not been found.
STARI is common in Texas. The lone star tick is the species that transmits it.

There are no documented cases of Lyme disease in the president's home state, where he spent much of last August on vacation.

"If he got it in Texas, it was undoubtedly STARI," Wormser said.

Stanzel said yesterday that he does not know when Bush's condition was diagnosed. The interval between tick bite and rash appearance in Lyme disease can be as long as 30 days.

The president could have been infected with the Lyme organism in the Washington area, with the rash appearing after he left.

STARI seems to be a milder infection than Lyme disease. There is no specific test for it. It is diagnosed primarily if a patient has a Lyme-like rash and a tick bite, but no Lyme organisms or antibodies.

People with STARI almost always take the same antibiotics that are prescribed for Lyme disease. The rash goes away with treatment, as do the flu-like symptoms that sometimes accompany it.

Wormser said it is not known whether treatment of STARI is necessary. There appear to be no long-term consequences of either treated or untreated infection, he added. (end excerpts)

-------------------------------

The Washington Post is normally a leader in the field of journalism with a stellar reputation for investigative journalism. With lyme, however, they fall to the ignorance of the IDSA, CDC & NIH. And, sadly, IDSA mouthpiece Wormser's misguided impressions.

Even the best journalists do not know about ILADS and that the truth about lyme is hidden by government agencies.

Those new to lyme, skip the typcial routes and just start with the truth about lyme from ILADS:

www.ilads.org

ILADS - International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
-

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

No wonder! "Gary Wormser" gave him a clean bill of health, so that he can go on and die a slow death!

Gary & the other IDSA schemers need to get shot!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re Bush, we know that two LLMDs were contacted in 2006 for his care, although they didn't know who their client was at the time!

Re Reagan, well, he rode horses.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010, I agree. They are killing people with impunity.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Robin123 quote: "Re Bush, we know that two LLMDs were contacted in 2006 for his care, although they didn't know who their client was at the time!" (end quote)

That sounds, then, like they were just asked a couple hypothetical questions, not really treating a patient as they'd have to SEE the patient in person to really treat.

President or not, any doctor to treat would have to have a one-on-one in-person relationship.

Sounds like maybe they were asked for some input but, apparently, he was not actually treated by either of those two LMDs or any ILADS LLMD but, rather, by an IDSA ID doc.
-

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, I have a response for you, but I can't pm you! In general, these doctors were contacted for their advice, but not told who the patient was.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Robin, I usually have my PM function off as I just don't have energy for much correspondence. I will turn it on now for a bit, though. thanks.
-

lpkayak
Member # 5230

there was an artical in public health alert too...he was on the front page

--------------------

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always said I tend to have instant karma in my life.

I used to make fun of Bush.

Then I started to sound just like him.

Then I wondered if I was getting Alzheimer's in my early 40's.

Scary.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

How do we know he only "contacted" the ILADS doctors? I thought he was actually treated by one.

Wormser is as stupid as Shapiro, et al.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement