LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » GOD THOUGHT _____MAY 14_____

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOD THOUGHT _____MAY 14_____
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I promised Pocono I would find that part from our service from Peter about the devil seeking those to devour. Well, it must be in our communion liturgy and if so, it will be available to me next week.

So .. I wanted to post this closing from our contemporary service:

"Go forth into the world to serve God with gladness; be of good courage; hold fast to that which is good; render to no one evil for evil; strengthen the fainthearted; support the weak; help the afflicted; honor all people; love and serve God, rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Response: Thanks be to God!"

Hope everyone is having a good day! I asked Payne to post his cool stuff here when I got this thread going today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and each God Tho'ts Poster >>>>>,

I just figured out that the last God Tho'ts post was locked to start this one... a Duhrrr... moment LOL. [Embarrassed] [bonk] .

I like that service ending, we can 'serve God with gladness,and be of good courage ...' each thing mentioned there... Because of the hope of Christ Jesus!!!

<<<<<< MDW005, and each one who has lost parents and loved ones >>>>>. [group hug] [group hug] Prayers going up for the Lords loving comfort to wrap you each like a soft blanket!

I watched a DVD this weekend, Momma's life sketch !I was touched a new,The love and grace in the life of a person dedicated to the Lord makes
all the difference.

Sometimes we don't get to see loved ones as we'd like,before they pass from this life. But the legacy of a life given to the Lord will live on! This is making things more bearable for me I know.

I am so very glad that we are still able to speak of our love for the Lord,and share our tho'ts about God here. In too many places now, people don't have this privilege.

---Nothing can separate us from His Love---,I have to look the scripture up for this [don't have my Strong's concordance right now...].

But,I've been thinking about it,so many strange things happening, serious illnesses, violence,so much strangeness and sadness. But the love of the Lord still wins thru in the end!!! [Smile]

Will check back in when I can, this is so encouraging to post about the Lord!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silver .. Did you know that Payne lost his brother recently too?

I hope everyone is doing OK today. I'm feeling a tad better.

Silver .. you don't need your Strong's.. just use www.biblegateway.com

I tried to find the verse you mentioned and maybe I don't know how to use that site like I thought I did! [Smile]

--

I John 2:

12 I am writing to you, dear children,
because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
13 I am writing to you, fathers,
because you know him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young men,
because you have overcome the evil one.

14 I write to you, dear children,
because you know the Father.
I write to you, fathers,
because you know him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
because you are strong,
and the word of God lives in you,
and you have overcome the evil one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A doubtful mind is not completely convinced that God's way is the best. It treats
god's word like any human advice and retains the option to disobey.

In other words...people read or hear a Godly message with sound advice, BUT...if they don't want to follow it, they allow themselves to be swayed by the world's view on the subject. Therefore, we become our own 'god'.

God's ways are not our ways...His thoughts are not our thoughts...They are MUCH Greater! When He gives us advice on how we aught to live our lives...He ALWAYS has our Best interest in mind!

A heart and mind that is fully committed will change your life, your heart...YOU!
Lord, help US to follow your ways and not the ways of the world! WE want to be Fully Committed! ♥

to humble one self into the Hands of The Lord
daily is rewarding, brings us into His Favor..
I wish our sharing and sharpening of The Word,
to be in His Favor...
MDW, mentioned back awhile about when we pass a tree in ill health we whisper to it to be healed and grow...

odd, I find my self driving by cementaries with my hand held up and asking for The Holy Spirit to thrive there..
wise words by silverwolf, nothing will seperate US from THE WORD ("
and lymetoo encouraging words from your Service..
I am well, saw my lyme MD today healthy as a 28 yr old with lyme, good news..

but, i got this lyme by the throat and I am struggling to let it go to The Lord's Hands as a man... show me how to trust you LORD, instruct me how to let my fingers go of this torture and let it leave me..

Looks like I will be fasting for awhile ..
as I search for The Blood of Jesus and wipe it on my forehead.. He that lives in me is Greater then what ever this world has to offer, As all things will Bow to The Name of JESUS..
have a peacefull night

[ 05-14-2013, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have blessed me with what you shared, friends.

Silver, this might be the scripture you were referring to:

Romans 8:39(NIV)
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Payne, Your picture reminds me of a teaching I listened to last week. He was teaching from Psalm 34. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous. His ears are open to their cry.

The teacher said that God is really listening even when we don't have the words to utter. He hears us.

What a God we serve!

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH shoot, Dekrator! I'm mad at myself for not remembering where that verse was in the Bible.. especially since Romans 8:28 is my favorite verse! I knew I was familiar with the 8:39!

soccermama.. I also love how the Holy Spirit "prays" for us when we are simply without "words" ..

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

for sammy,
continue in prayer and service to the Lord..
may you be surrounded by His Mercy from day light to daylight, and from the Heavens shower down The Lord's TRUST, His WORD,
"For our soul is bowed down to the dust;
Our body clings to the ground.
Arise for our help, and redeem us for Your mercies' sake." Psalm 44:25

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

if a child can pray, think what you could do ! move that mountain !

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason Castro sings a song about moving mountains. It is an upbeat song. My girls laugh at me when I play it cause I will speak to my mountains when the song is playing.

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KzoTTqukWc

I declare this day that every infirmity that has found a place to inflict my brothers and sisters be removed and cast into the sea.

You are the God who is faithful to perform what You declare to be so.... We look with anticipation for Your performance.

[ 05-15-2013, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: soccermama ]

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I like that song! I remember Jason from Idol.

Please pray for us. We may have to move. It will be a nightmare.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there <<<<< -God Tho'ts Post- Warriors >>>>>,

Lymetoo, Thanks or the Bible Gateway link! TxCoord has a couple of these links he likes to use too. I bookmarked this one.

Dekrator', yes that's the scripture i was looking for!! Romans 8:35-39 is fantastic!!! I like vs.28 too... well the whole chapter is wonderful!!!

-Payne, Lymetoo was reminding me of your recent loss of your brother. Txcoord and I have been praying for ourselves, and for others who have lost loved ones.

- You've shown such a wonderful attitude,thru sickness,and thru loss.While you are struggling and fighting thru,you have been such a huge help to many here!!!

I loved the 1st JOHN 2,part about the Word of God living in us!!! His Word,manifested,lives in us [1st JOHN chap. 1]. Thanks for posting it Lymetoo!

A tho't about Payne's remembering MDW00' mentioning about whispering a word for trees that are not in good shape,to grow and become healthy.

Payne, it dawned on me, your praying for the ***Holy Spirit to thrive at the cemetery ...*** Wow!!!

***Psalm 1:1-3 speaks of those who meditate on The [Living!] Word, day and night being like a tree planted by the rivers of water,...bringing forth fruit in season, and prospering.

Literally, only the Lord knows how many folk are 'planted' in any given cemetery, that were living in the Word,and the Word alive in them,praying,striving and hoping,Until He called them home.

And we have a God who hears our prayers whose Word does not return Void or empty. His living Word works and thrives. How many have been touched
by praying parents,and grandparents etc.?

The Working of God, doesn't stop when he calls a precious praying loved one home!!! So,even when we feel a sense of loss and grief, The Holy Spirit still gently is working!!!

I don't know if I am being able to make sense here...But it is that Blessed Hope!

-'Father God, let Your Living Word be shown mighty... even in the cemeteries !!! Let those still on this earth,feel your presence !!!

Please,Lord,let us,who think on You,and gain
strength thru your Word, not give up...let us fight on for Health,and Hope and Love!

If Health doesn't come fully and quickly,as we'd wish,please don't let us get impatient. Let us remember our hope in the Lord Jesus. Amen-'

Okay,now I gotta find a hymnal and a Psalter somewheres [ hopefully one made it here]!!!

I'm thinking,of songs like 'The Joy of the Lord is My Strength', 'When the Roll is called Up Yonder' and 'Where Shall I Be When the Last trumpet Sounds?', and 'Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus'.

Soccermama, We do have God who hears,even when we just don't have the words,and The Holy Spirit prays for us!!!

I'm sitting here,in awe,and tears... I needed these God tho'ts. Even when we miss our loved ones and friends gone on, The God of Love
is still here with us.

I'm thinking of that 'great a cloud of witnesses'... watching us run this race...'gotta keep looking unto Jesus!!! [ from Hebrews
12:1,and 2!!!

Jus' That Silverwolfi BBL with my BIBLE!!!

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That was beautifully said, Silver! I loved it!! Thank you for sharing and for blessing us!

here is a Psalm for today..

-

Psalm 16
A miktam[a] of David.

1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.

2 I say to the Lord, ``You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.''
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
``They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.''
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.

5 Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Footnotes:

Psalm 16:1 Title: Probably a literary or musical term
Psalm 16:10 Or holy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am praying for everyone here, including you and your hubby, Lymetoo.

What would we do without our faith??? [dizzy]

You all lift me up by sharing God's word and reminding me of His never ending love and mercy for each of us.

"What Faith Can Do" by Kutless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1JBSQMkQEo

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Please pray for my friend, Judy.

She had another complication today related to breast cancer surgery.

I took her to the Dr, where he performed emergency surgery in the office under local anesthesia.

Fortunately, they let me stay in the room with her during the surgery to hold her hand and support her, like they did the last time she had a complication a few weeks ago.

She did well, but none of this has turned out the way it was supposed to. She has had months of suffering and no good result to show for it.

She is very discouraged. It is one thing after another for her.

She needs prayers for healing and for encouragement, strength and hope.

Thank you dear friends.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

"I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly... Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion." Romans 12:3, 16

ALL PRAISES TO THE LORD,
I am only a lighten rod...dirt,
its who that is in US that brings US strength and courage when called upon.. and PEACE and JOY, when the waters are calm...

Judy, surrender onto The Lord, place in your mind, being in the Hands of The Lord, and may The Lamb come lay by you with The LION standing guard over you, As, A Shepherd with rod and staff, day and night cares for you.. Understanding that we are in God's Plan.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Father, for Judy when words seem empty and prayers seem futile, I, along with the God thought family, stand in the gap and pray.

Just like Aaron and Hur lifted Moses arms when he became weary in the battle, we lift up her arms.

Deliver her Lord from the snare of the enemy. Let her hear how You sing over her as You rejoice in her. Let her KNOW Your presence even in the valley of the shadow that You are with her.

Strengthen her with Your peace that passes all understanding. These are not trite words but Your words which are empowered through the Holy Spirit.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dekrator...I am sure you friend Judy is blessed to have you. You are a dear friend the Lord has placed in her life. Sometimes we need those friends (like you) to help us back up on our feet, when we have felt so defeated. I do believe the Lord is giving you wisdom and strength to help hold up Judy while she in unable to see the larger brighter flame. You,through Jesus Christ are igniting her spirit. What a wonderful person you are to show and give so much love.

I posted earlier on Fb, a lesson, a lesson a Bible teacher has been teaching me over and over.
We might be so ready at times to give up, to give in and the lesson is:

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's lives is that they give up too soon, stopping just short of the finish line." We come so close then become weary just before that finish line,and we are ready to throw in the towel, but God's promises are there and we lack something...Faith? Trust? Patience? I don't know...might we just don't know how to turn it all over to Jesus; battling so long on our own and only giving Jesus a small piece because we can handle it ourselves. This burden becomes too heavy...I don't know. Or might we get so wrapped up in the burden, we forget Jesus is there at all. Call on the name of Jesus. You know, that blessing, that answer, could just be around the ben.

Do you know how long Moses or other people in the Bible had to wait for an answer? One I know of had to wait two years...while another had to wait till they were in there 90's! Crazy, but they did not give up on their prayer and answer.

Soccermama, I just prayed your prayer. Beautiful heart spoken words of prayer you have shared.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow God thought family, I wrote a small devotional back in May 18 2011 and shared with only one person. I will share this night as this beautiful mentor of mine asked me to share back on this date; and I never did.....

I'm not sure if Matthew 6:33 runs parallel with Hebrews 12:2. I remember when I was in Bible study I highlighted "But seek first the Kingdom of Heaven."
To me this means never losing sight of God. It banishes the illusion of helplessness and hopelessness. It clears the mind and strengthens the heart. We can embrace the problems/ obstacles in our life, because we know our heart can take it....and it can, for behind lay the heart of Jesus which is huge enough for every hurt, every injustice and every mistake.
We can get a sense of lightness and openess that is at once new and like coming home.

I think the main benefit of this for me is not so much that I get guidance or an answer to my prayer, but that it's changing my relationship with Father...from a whiny (I want it now!) child to being more of a disciplined adult. Not perfect of course, but the difference is becoming grander.

Nothing comes easy. We are going to have road blocks with construction going on all our life. But if we start by reconstructing ourselves then we might find detours to make life a bit simpler than sitting in a congested parking lot waiting for the road to open.

I still have a long travel ahead of me, but I feel like I am going places. My life has taken some surprising turns...things I could never have imagined for myself.

With Gods help and His grace we can always pick ourselves up and see over the dash board, shake off the dust and dirt from having the windows rolled down in a not so clean breathing air, and keep going and continue striving. We Pray and keep our eyes on God; never losing sight.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psalms 55:22 - Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Lord may Judy feel this peace and rest that You so freely offer. May You give her strength to get through these trying times and hope for her future.

You hear our cries, see our tears, feel our pain.
You also supply our needs. We thank You for loving us so much. Lord, please also give Dekrator the strength to continue on being such a good friend to Judy.

So very important MDW: We Pray and keep our eyes on God; never losing sight.

Beautiful Prayer soccermama.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Joy will flow in our lives when we get our eyes off of ourselves and onto Jesus--off of what is wrong with us and onto what is right with Him

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

johnny_broadway
Member # 14854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnny_broadway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by payne:
Joyce Meyer Ministries

Joy will flow in our lives when we get our eyes off of ourselves and onto Jesus--off of what is wrong with us and onto what is right with Him

Nothing is truer. When I put my eyes on myself I return to feelings of hopelessness. When I keep my eyes on the Lord, he gives me strength and persistence.

Matthew 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Posts: 30 | From Las Vegas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family,

Well, I begin a new Bible study next week; Sermon on the Mount. I do believe it will be an exciting 12 lesson study. In my study guide, the first lesson will be "Unexpected Blessings" Matt. 5:1-12.

In the group discussion one of the first things we are to do is define "Blessed." Personal reflection: Who do you normally consider to be blessed or fortunate? These are not even the first 15 questions asked. It is the reflection.

I went to youtube to locate a song. I did find one but it is not the best sound, but wanted share. The song was written in 1700's by a gent who wanted to take his own life, but he could not find the perfect waters, so he went home a wrote this hymn....beautiful story by William Cowper, if you decide you want to read his Bio.

In this hymn, William Cowper reminds us to look for blessings in unexpected places:

You fearful saints, fresh courage take,
The clouds you much dread
Are big with mercy, and shall break
In blessings on your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0AgENR1FhM

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Welcome, Johnny!! [Smile] Glad you found us!

MDW.. That was a lovely song!

Praying for Judy today. May God surround her with his love and give her peace and healing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

johnny_b...I am so sorry I did not welcome you. Hilo! and welcome to God Thought. I must agree with you as you posted, "When I put my eyes on myself I return to feelings of hopelessness. When I keep my eyes on the Lord, he gives me strength and persistence."

It happens sometimes though, we forget to focus in the proper direction, but quickly I race back to Him. I love Him to be a constant in my life...oh so spooky when I take my eyes off of Him for a moment, the adversary is so right there to pounce.
I did locate a beautiful song, gosh it is beautifully sung. Did I tell you I love music!?

Lymetoo...How you be dear friend? Keeping you in my prayers. I hope you do not have to move, unless only if by choice. Whose choice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KmE5p2n85s

--------------------

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good stuff!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you, MDW. I'm quite worried about it. Our complex is owned by Fanny Mae and they are liquidating. My only hope is a hardship extension, but that may only be an EXTENSION.

They will end up selling this and the new owners will need renters... so why make us move? The government makes no sense anymore.

We can't afford to move and I am really a physical mess right now.

Prayers welcomed!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the BEAUTIFUL link to "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus!" That was amazing!! [Smile]

(and one of my favorites)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Lymetoots [Smile] You are so very welcome for the link. I also thought it was so amazing. Please remember, God will not leave you, God is so faithful and He already knows what is ahead, we just need to trust Him with our life! Where He closes one door, another one will open, because he is that good. Lord Jesus WILL provide. Yeah I am sure it is a very scary thing in front of you, but just imagine God in charge and in front handling everything we are not able to. Fuzzy feeling.

Hey! my door is always open. I been trying to get you here in Ga, so we can have Chinese scrumptious food...remember!? But I am not drinking your kale drinks or whatever they were. green shakes...

--------------------

johnny_broadway
Member # 14854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnny_broadway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lymetoo and MDW005 for the warm welcome!

I've been on these boards for a while but don't post much. Lately though I've been quite lonely since I don't have much of a life; right now every day seems like it passes by and I'm just existing. The only thing that gets me through is God - I can't image where I would be without him.

Posts: 30 | From Las Vegas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, MDW .. maybe I just need to move to GA! Simple, dimple! You are right about the smoothies. No one in their right minds would drink that stuff! It's totally unsweet. Sigh.

Johnny.. good to see you posting again .. and especially on this thread!

I agree.. I can't imagine life without God!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning God thought family. Welcome Johnny. So true. Where would we be without God!

Like in MDW's signature line "God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to."

I'm sorry Lymetoo that you are worrying about the possibility of having to move. Another Psalm for you.

Psalm 61:1-4
Assurance of God's Eternal Protection

1 Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.

2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.

4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0AyxEMFRbI

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you very much, friends, for the prayers for Judy. Much appreciated!

Hi Johnny! [hi] It's nice to see you here! The more the merrier here on God Thought!

Praying for you, Lymetoo, that you won't have to move, but that God will provide all that you need, no matter what happens.

Thanks for all that you shared, friends. I am constantly learning from you.

2 Corinthians 5:7(NASB)
7 for we walk by faith, not by sight--

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

lymetoo, [spinning smile]
may you find your sails full of wind,
may your steps become light and when at rest,
may your body be overcome
in health and calm..
[hi] MDW, Great Share above.
Judy.. study yourself well, head to toe
May The Lord move upon you trying to look forward into HIS Plan..
God's Plan, what does it take to be apart of God's Plan, A BIBLE and Bible study group... [group hug]

[ 05-18-2013, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: payne ]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Still shocked that we have to move. Not ready to live where there are a bunch of kids. Sorry... I'm getting too old for that!

So... we are looking at the possibility of a duplex just up the hill from here. It's quite a bit more expensive but with my husband's new show, we could do it. (praying the show keeps going!.. new shows can easily fail)

It's got a beautiful view even! Not sure if it has a washer and dryer and that is a big problem. We'll see. Surely it does? .. but may only have hook-ups.

Sure would be easier with it being so close by. Maybe God has been telling us to get that duplex for years. We've eyed it for the past 5 yrs .. thinking .. wouldn't it be nice? [Smile]

So .. please pray that God will provide!

My foot is in horrible shape. I aggravated it last week and it is just BAD. [rant]

Blessings upon all of you. May God richly bless you!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Lymetoo, I am praying that God will bless you in ways that your mind can't even imagine so that when you look back, you laugh and say to yourself, "What was I thinking?".

MDW: Interesting that you are doing a study that starts with learning about blessing. If you want further study, look up Malcolm Smith's webinars on youtube.

He has a series on "the blessing". I think it starts at number 47 or 48.

Anyway, the very first word God spoke to mankind was a blessing. It says that He blessed them.

How awesome.

If anyone has about 18 minutes this video is so awesome and worth every minute. It is on the supremacy of Jesus. It gives me the chills when I listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIi-uHYhRSw

[ 05-17-2013, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: soccermama ]

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I look forward to watching the video, soccermama.

Lymetoo, I agree with soccermama. God already has a plan for you and your hubby. It will give you a lot of peace if you pray and trust Him to work everything out.

God will pour out His blessings upon you, and you will say, "why did I worry all of that time?".

I keep having to stop myself from trying to "figure everything out". I have to remind myself that God will work it out for the good if I pray, trust Him and be obedient to Him.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

A quick pop in God Thought family,

Wow, well said Soccermama and Dekrator. As a dear friend of my shares with me... "Hold steady," lymetoo.

Soccermama...I am so tired this night, but will take a peek at your link tomorrow. You share, I will watch. here is the link to the book I will be in study, if you want to peek at contents:
http://books.google.com/books?id=jRxFuJi-qHEC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=onepage&q&f=false

Good night. [group hug]

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Behold,how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

Psalm 133:1

[group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Stop the presses!!!

We may not have to move! I hope to hear more by Monday. A realtor now in charge of the property said we may not have to move!

I hope he is right!

UPDATE .. things are still a mess .. getting worried about this mess. We may have to move in a few weeks... or maybe we're staying.. ARRGGHH!! who knows!?

[ 05-18-2013, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good eve God thought family.

Lymetoo...Girl! make up your mind. [dizzy]

soccermama...Om Gosh, that was such a wonderful link on Supremacy of Jesus. The narrator's voice was so intense and brought chill bumps on my arms. Wow. thank you for sharing. This gent said that Galatians 3:13 was the most precious verse in the Bible. Sadly, I never read it like the way he spoke it. I had to go to my Bible and read verse 10 to 14. Brought a tear to both eyes. Thank you for your share. Another part I like was at the 3 something minute. "All galaxies, molecules, atoms and subatomic realities nobody has yet dreamed of down there where no one has yet looked."

There's a wind blowing. It's old and new, visible and invisible; we call it Spirit. Spirit is how Jesus never leaves us. Spirit can be soft and undetectable, way down deep in us, praying for us when we don't have the will or the words.

Sometimes you can see the Spirit moving in your life and the lives of others. Spirit is working on our hearts through scripture, music, poetry, nature, love, pain, friend, enemy, terror, tranquility, youth, aging, health, infirmity, abundance and lack.

The Spirit did something new with an old gathering. Lets talk, that's what I like about God Thought, we are real. Talk. Find someone you barely know and both of you answer this simple question: What is God doing in your life?

Blessed night family. [group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by MDW005:

Lymetoo...Girl! make up your mind. [dizzy]

-
[Big Grin] Yup! We may know for sure on Monday. I hope.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."
Jeremiah 17:7

Hi Friends!! [hi]

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

"Bless the LORD, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word." Psalm 103:20

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

-
would you rather have alittle salt with your light , or have alittle light with your salt, or give me alot of Light with my Salt.. [group hug]
Have a GREAT Week, please think forward to Memorial day..

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Payne.. I elect you to begin our new threads each week with a graphic! I was just getting ready to start a new thread and I saw this great graphic of yours.

Now I don't want to close the thread! [Big Grin]

Got a call today that we will NOT have to move. I hope this is a final decision! [dizzy]

Praise the Lord, oh my soul!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Yay, prayers answered, Lymetoo! [woohoo]

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

- [bow]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

You post the best graphics, payne.

Definitely praying for the people of Oklahoma.

It's so sad. [Frown]

Our hope is in Jesus.

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

I second the nomination for Payne to start with one of his beautiful pictures. [Smile]

2 Corinthians 4:8

New King James Version (NKJV)

8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Praying for all.

--------------------

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Thanks for the reminder, Pocono. In all things we can have hope in Him. I needed to be reminded of that.

We pulled back some tile and the baseboard by our shower and found what looks like mold growing behind it.

I have contacted a good mold inspector. We just moved here in December because of the stress of living in our last place.

(It was an 800 square foot trailer on a farm with lots of dog ticks.)

My whole family prayed about moving. We even made a list of 20 items for our next house. God answered all but one and the last one was conditional.

Since we are renting there is no guarantee that it will be fixed properly.

I am sooo tired of the enemy trying to steal from our family.

I just declare that no matter what happens my God is good and loving. He loves me even when I can't remember His faithfulness.

This situation is just another opportunity for God to demonstrate His faithfulness.

In light of Oklahoma this is a small problem.

If God reminds, please keep this situation in prayer.

Thanks everyone for your posts. The strength of the brethren.

Bear one anothers burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Behold how good and pleasant it is when brethren dwell in unity. Psalm 133:1

That is what you all do for me.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Blessings, soccermama. So sorry to hear this. That was one of my fears when we were faced with a possible move. I was afraid of going somewhere that had mold (among other worries).

I will pray for your situation. I know God sees what is happening and is taking care of it for you. One thing is that the landlord knows he could be held libel for any mold problems, so that may help you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I will also pray for your situation, soccermama.

I am trusting that God will take care of your family.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

May The lord place you according to His Will and Plan,
from there we have His Favor and Blessings..
Lord take US to Your Way and show upon Us your Meaning and Thought in Our Daily walk..
Thank You Father,
for in this day we no longer need,
we only have to kneel and call out Your Name and your will commands our very being to bring forth
Your WORD to others.

"Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture." Psalm 100:3

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

We need a "like" button here on lymenet!

Very encouraging words, payne!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Just wanted to say I won't be around for a few days.

We are going to NYC Fri-Mon, May 24-27, and I won't be online at all during that time. I'm looking forward to some good Italian food in Little Italy and seeing a show.

Praying for everyone, and especially remembering this Memorial Day, all those who lost their lives serving our Country, and their families.

Hugs to all my friends!

--------------------

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please pray for my beloved Dad. He is in hospital with pneumonia. Thanks.

Dekrator48 - have a wonderful trip. Hope it is enjoyable and relaxing.

payne - your posts are refreshing to the soul. God truly is speaking through you. Thank you and please continue with them.

Lymetoo - thank you for this wonderful thread.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Will do, hoping! Can you give us his first name?

Lord Jesus, we ask you to surround hoping's father with peace and love. We ask you to heal him with your perfect healing and give him peace. Amen.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Father, in the name of Jesus we command healing to hoping's father. We curse the pneumonia and declare health over his body.

We command his immune function to work according to its design.

Your kingdom come in his life as it already is in heaven.

May You be glorified in this situation and demonstrate Your faithfulness.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

This week's message from our Pastor:

Here's an old Chinese proverb: ``One joy scatters a hundred griefs.'' That kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it? To have an optimistic outlook, to focus on the good things, helps us to build a positive life style. The Preacher puts it this way, ``A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health'' (Proverbs 15:30 NLT). Today, look on the bright side of things!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it. My Dad's name is Tony.

Unfortunately, the pneumonia has gotten worse and he will be going into hospice this morning.

It's all in the Lord's Hands.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

hoping and praying,
May Tony, find in this day a gift The Lord has for Him..and His Family, Rest with out struggles and heal within your lungs as you breath in The Spirit and out the illness that holds on to Your Health, Bring a gentle breeze of comfort all day to Tony and Family...
May The Lord be Bright with in.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying for Tony today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH, this is so beautiful! I could listen to it all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH8BcqaUFP4

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Also continued prayers for Tony.

Lymetoo. That IS beautiful! I'll be listening to it a lot. I really do love it! Thanks.

Happy Memorial Day remembering and honoring all those who served.

The Hand of God
in America's War
for Independence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible tells us that stormy winds fulfill God's Word (Ps. 148:8). God controls the weather and God knows what He is doing.

God's Hand was involved in the Revolutionary War, our country's war for independence. The weather played a key role in at least two of the important battles.

General George Washington's first challenge of the war was to outsmart the British forces which were occupying the city of Boston.

The British controlled the city of Boston; Washington made Cambridge his headquarters. The British greatly outnumbered the so-called "rebels," and had more troops, more canons, and more gun powder.

The British troops were very well trained, whereas the Americans were a group of farmers and common people.

They had volunteered to fight for freedom but had little battlefield experience and little military training.

However, the Americans had a brilliant general. One night Washington pulled off a great surprise.

In total silence, in the darkness of night, and with the help of favorable weather conditions (including a fog which shielded them from British eyes), he moved his army to Dorchester Heights.

Being on higher ground was a huge advantage in war. At daybreak, the British commanders looking up at the Heights could scarcely believe their eyes as they saw the Americans up on higher ground.

They were totally surprised. General Howe, the British general, said, "These fellows have done more work in one night than I could make my army do in three months."

General Howe then made the decision to attack even though the Americans had the advantage of higher ground, as was the case earlier at Bunker Hill.

The Americans held the higher ground which is always an advantage in battle, but the British had a huge army which was well supplied.

It would have been a very bloody battle with huge losses on both sides, and it probably would have changed the course of history.

The British General Howe decided to attack at night. It was early March, 1776. His troops were all ready. But the battle never happened.

God did something! God intervened. During the previous day the weather had been very pleasant; it was even abnormally warm. But by nightfall a storm raged. There was hail mixed with snow and sleet.

By midnight the wind blew with almost hurricane force. Windows were smashed and fences were blown over. One American lieutenant called it the worst storm that he was ever exposed to.

The next morning the wind continued to blow and the snow and sleet changed over to a driving rain.

The British general had no choice. He could not fight under those conditions. So instead, the entire British army evacuated the city of Boston without a fight. If it wasn't for that blizzard, American history could have been very different.

The next major battleground was in and around Long Island and New York City toward the end of August in 1776.

General Washington was fighting the British army, and had suffered serious losses. The Americans were greatly outnumbered and the British navy controlled the waterways.

He had no choice but to retreat. Washington along with 9000 men had to cross the East River from Brooklyn to Manhattan. It was their only way of escape.

At first they could not proceed with their planned retreat across the East River because the wind was contrary. But God did something. God intervened.

About eleven o'clock that night the northeast wind died down and then the wind shifted to the southwest. The weather was now favorable for the crossing.

When morning broke God sent a rare August fog so thick that the British could not see what was happening. At about eight in the morning the fog dispersed, the Americans had landed safely in Manhattan, and the enemy was now visible on the shore that they had just left from.

If they had not crossed the river, their army would have been destroyed. In a single night, 9,000 troops had escaped across the river and not a life was lost.

The only men captured were three who had hung back to plunder. The British army was utterly astonished. That the rebel army had silently vanished in the night under their very noses was almost inconceivable.

The God who controls the weather played a key role in these early stages of the Revolutionary War.

For complete documentation, see the book 1776 by David McCullough.

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

I couldn't leave God thought at 66 posts. [Smile]

This is a copied email I received this morning.

I Love My Attorney

After living what I felt was a 'decent' life, my time on earth came to the end.

The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house.

The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table.

As I looked around I saw the 'prosecutor'.

He was a villainous looking gent who snarled as he stared at me. He definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen..

I sat down and looked to my left and there sat My Attorney, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed so familiar to me, I felt I knew Him.

The corner door opened and there appeared the Judge in full flowing robes.

He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room. I couldn't take my eyes off of Him.

As He took His seat behind the bench, He said, 'Let us begin.'

The prosecutor rose and said, 'My name is Satan and I am here to show you why this man belongs in hell.'

He proceeded to tell of lies that I told, things that I stole, and In the past when I cheated others. Satan told of other horrible perversions that were once in my life, and the more he spoke, the further down in my seat I sank.

I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own Attorney, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about.

As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at My Attorney who sat there silently not offering any form of defense at all.

I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life - couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I'd done?

Satan finished with a fury and said, 'This man belongs in hell, he is guilty of all that I have charged and there is not a person who can prove otherwise.'

When it was His turn, My Attorney first asked if He might approach the bench. The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned Him to come forward.

As He got up and started walking, I was able to see Him in His full splendor and majesty.

I realized why He seemed so familiar; this was Jesus representing me, my Lord and my Savior.

He stopped at the bench and softly said to the Judge, 'HI, DAD,' and then He turned to address the court.

'Satan was correct in saying that this man had sinned, I won't deny any of these allegations. And, yes, the wage of sin is death, and this man deserves to be punished.'

Jesus took a deep breath and turned to His Father with outstretched arms and proclaimed, 'However, I died on the cross so that this person might have eternal life and he has accepted Me as his Savior, so he is Mine.'

My Lord continued with, 'His name is written in the Book of Life, and no one can snatch him from Me. Satan still does not understand yet. This man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy.'

As Jesus sat down, He quietly paused, looked at His Father and said, 'There is nothing else that needs to be done. I've done it all..'

The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down. The following words bellowed from His lips.....

'This man is free. The penalty for him has already been paid in full. Case dismissed.'

I asked Jesus as He gave me my instructions where to go next, 'Have you ever lost a case?'

Christ lovingly smiled and said, 'Everyone that has come to Me and asked Me to represent them has received the same verdict as you, ~Paid In Full.'

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement