LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How To Make Lipsomal C

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How To Make Lipsomal C
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and you can add herbs to this formula like curcumin or arteminisin. Simply decide how much herb you need for 32 doses and add it in. (or for 16 doses of herb if you want to take double shots of c which is what I do) I really dont know if it is better to use a tincture or powdered herb but I think most people use powdered herb for this. You can also use sunflower lecithin if you have an issue with soy lecithin.

I have been using lipsomal c for a while now and have significantly increased my daily dosage to over 10 grams a day (3 ounces 2 x day) since I received my Lyme diagnosis in early October.

I was diagnosed via a dark field microscope via live blood analyis. In that blood test a number of other issues were found, including significant vitamin c deficiency.

Any chronic disease will cause vitamin c deficiency. All Lymies should, IMHO, be taking mega doses of vitamin c to fortify the system. Lipsomal c provides for easy assimilation from the stomach and upper intestine, preventing the notorious diarrhea that mega dosages of vitamin c can cause.

Some experts think that lipsomal c can be more penetrating into the body than vitamin c in capsule or tablet. The lipsomal c assists the ascorbic acid to slip into the cell from the blood stream better than even IV vitamin c. There are several companies that make lipsomal c now, with the developer and leader being www.liveonlabs.com

There has now developed a method to produce your own lipsomal C at home. It is reported to be approximately 70% lipsomal. I've been making this for over a year now, but I haven't been taking it religiously until Lyme hit.

There is also now available a test strip for checking your vitamin c levels via a urine test strip. It is available from Riordan Clinic in Wichita, Kansas for about $10. According to this test on my 10 grams of lipsomal C I am saturated. I'm going to be checking levels on as many people that I can to see how they fair with a wide variety of diets.

Below is how you can make your own lipsomal c. Although the machine costs $$ it will pay for itself in time. This is a much less expensive way to effectively take vitamin C at the dosages that you really need.

I have two recepies. I like the one made with sodium ascorbate the best because I don't like the taste of the baking soda in the other recipe. But if you really want to get more alkaline the second recipe may be for you. I will put it in the next post. This recipe can also be made using sunflower lecithin.
http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Crystalline-Powder-16-oz-454-g/10178#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=nutribiotic%20sodium%20ascorbate&rc=2356&sr=null&ic=1

I purchased my sonic jewelry cleaner at the following address:
http://www.sterlingtime.com/shheuljeclst.html

Carmen's High Powered Liposomal C
Made with Sodium Ascorbate

With Sodium Ascorbate from Nutribiotics = 1,667mg vitamin c per fluid ounce with approx. 70% of it lipsomal tramsformed to lipsomal. When illness is severe you can take as much as you want. Even several bottles a day. Remember, administration by IV will deliver between 25,000mg to 100,000 mg right into the vein but lipsomal C is reported to be more absorbable by the cell that IV vitamin C.

If you take a 1,000 mg regular vitamin c tablet only about 20% gets absorbed. In Pauling’s chart for oral administration dosages up to 50 grams a day are required for some people with serious disease, but most of it is not absorbed and often the result will be diarrhea and bloating because the gut can’t handle so much ascorbic acid as it pulls water into the bowel.

You can try several different protocols with serious disease including one fluid ounce every half hour, or 4 fluid ounces every hour and at night if you awaken.

Go to: www.vitamincfoundation.org for further information on Vitamin C.

Although this seems like a lot to drink its cost is much less than IV vitamin C. For serious disease always consult a Naturopathic Medical Doctor or a medical doctor who practices alternative medicine and who does IV vitamin c therapy.

Keep refrigerated. Good for 3 weeks. Good for 3 days at room temperature.

General rule for all Lipsomal vitamin C recipes is: add 3 tbs. lecithin per 1 tbs. of AC,
and 1 tsp Baking Soda per 1 tbs AC when using plain ascorbic acid. No baking soda is necessary if you use sodium ascorbate as it is already buffered. This recipe calls for sodium ascorbate.

Nutribiotic Ascorbic Acid Pharmaceutical Grade Sodium Ascorbate = 13,334mg per tablespoon.
If you use a different brand of Vitamin c your milligrams per tbs. may be different.
This formula delivers 13,336 of Vitamin C per cup 1,667mg per fluid ounce 20,000mg per 12 oz bottle

How To Make:
32 ounces (4cups) distilled water total is used.

Heat 2 cups distilled water first to 100 degrees which is ideal. Use a thermometer for accuracy. Hold the other 2 cups aside to cool it down incase you get it too hot. Warm water helps to dissolve the lecithin. Please store your lecithin in the refrigerator.

Now put 2 cups into blender:
Add lecithin: 12tbs. to the water and blend for 2 minutes.

Then: NOW Brand Non-GMO Soy Granules
Add Sodium Ascorbate: 4 tbs. to blender. (53,336mg of C)

Add the rest of the remaining water and blend for 3 minutes.

Fill sonic machine and turn on for total of 24 minutes for each batch. This bonds the lecithin to the vitamin c and coats it, making it lipsomal. Run sonic machine for 4 settings (on my machine 6 minutes each) = or a total of 24 minutes per batch.

Your final product should be smooth and it should not separate. Sometimes I have very minimal settling on the bottom of the jar when in the fridge for a week.

Some Ultra Sonic machines heat up the lecithin. Make sure it does not surpass 110 degrees. Turn off machine and let it cool down if you must. High heat can destroy the vitamin c. When you are done place in glass bottles, I prefer 12 ounce reused Brianna Salad Dressing bottles because they are easy to pour from. 8 ounce glass baby bottles work well too.

Cool in freezer for 15 minutes to bring temp down quickly. Dr Donsbach says to cool immediately after making. Do not let freeze! 45 degrees, standard refrigerator temperature should be adequate. Dr Donsbach says it should be good for 2 years. I’d like to see that verified somehow.

Notes:

High Powered Pre-Buffered When Using Nutribiotic Buffered Vitamin C: No baking soda is required in this recipe. Cost is about the same.

¼ tsp. crystal buffered vitamin c = 1112mg
1 tsp. crystal buffered vitamin c= 4,448mg
3 teaspoon of crystal buffered vitamin c= 13,334mg
1 table spoon crystal vitamin c = 13,334mg (because 3 tsp. = 1 tbs.)
4 tablespoons crystal vitamin c = 53,336mg in 4c of water = (53,336mg /32oz. = 1,667mg per oz.)
1 fluid ounce of lipsomal c = 1,667 mg

Purchase Nutribotic Sodium Ascorbate at www.iherb.com enter coupon code BAR967 for cost reduction on first purchase, a $5 discount on a $20 purchase or $10 discount on a $40 purchase. All purchases over $20 ship for free in the USA.

[ 12-03-2013, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Carmen ]

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lipsomal C is absorbed by the cell better than regular c that tends to just ciruclate in the blood. So it will be better at getting to virus that acutally invades a cell. Most of it gets quickly absorbed in the upper GI tract and never makes its way down to the lower GI tract where vitamin C in large dosages can cause diarrhea. The larger the dose or regular Vitamin C the greater the chance of diarrhea. With lipsomal c you can take much much more before diarrhea hits...although it is still possible because this preparation turns 70% of the c into lipsomal, leaving 30% to give a problem potentially, but only at very high dosages.

It is not just the same as taking vitamin c and lecitihin. Generally my bowel tolerace to c is about 8 grams then I start to get the runs. With this product I can take much much more

Some are saying that this is even more effective than IV vitamin c because of its ability to get into the cell easily... but I dont have an opinion on that yet not knowning exactly what to base it on.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

[woohoo]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement