LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 1/19** Please Pray, Update, Mom's CT found a new spot! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 1/19** Please Pray, Update, Mom's CT found a new spot!
Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, I am so glad your mom is a little better. I hope she improves more each day.

I also hope you can get some much-needed rest. You have been going and going for a long time now, both physically and emotionally. Prayers continue for you all.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying ,sammy!

Our Heavenly Father is right there with you and your Mom, encouraging you both.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**Update** 1/27

Much has happened.

The night of the 25th our water heater broke and started leaking. So sadly I spent all day yesterday the 26th trying to get it fixed.

Thankfully my nice neighbor was able to replace it for me. I am blessed to have their family nearby.

Now I have warm water, just in time. Our temps are dropping to neg 15 tonight so we have to keep warm water dripping all night so the pipes don't freeze.

Mom is doing better. She is able to get up and go to the rest room by herself now. She can stand for a few minutes to brush teeth, etc. She is trying small amounts of food to "challenge" the pancreas. She is also now on Vicodin for pain, this is what she'll go home with.

Some prayer requests, they are running cultures to see if mom has an infection because she keeps soaking through her pancreas dressing and has a lot of output in the JP drain.

If there is no infection, they are talking about sending her home tomorrow.

I want her to come home but I want her to be ready first.

So thank you for continuing to pray for us.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, when it rains it pours right? I am so sorry you had to deal with a broken water heater, but thank goodness your neighbor was able to help.

It is great your mom is feeling stronger! I will pray that no infection is present, that her surgery was a complete success, and that she gets stronger every day.

Please get some much-needed rest, and try to stay warm.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be the week for broken water heaters...ours went south too.

So relieved your mom is making progress...and praying tomorrow brings positive results.

It is wonderful you have a nice neighbor...that isn't an accident I am sure.

Prayers for your situation continue. The Lord is faithful.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy,

I am thanking God for His mercy, a great neighbor and your Mom's improvement!

May God give you both strength for all that you and your Mom are going through.

May help and support flow to both of you to supply all that you need.

Also praying for no infection, steady improvement and complete healing.

Hugs dear friend!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**Update 1/30**

Dear friends, my mom was able to come home yesterday [Smile]

It's been a very busy time of preparation to get her home and now that she is here, I've got my hands full. It is good though. I am glad that she is home as I no longer worry about who is caring for her because I do everything for myself.

Gradually she will get better and do more for herself so things will get easier for me. Right now it is very hard and I am tired. I'm not able to get in my naps that I relied on on most days.

Thankfully, mom slept well in her bed when she got home. Pain is still a problem, hopefully it will gradually get better as things heal. Nausea is better, she has to take phenergan every now and then. She is able to walk unassisted to use the rest room and such but is not able to stand up for more than a couple minutes at a time without feeling sick, dizzy, and too much pain.

Tomorrow I have IVIG and my sister is going to come visit (because she didn't make it to the hospital to see mom). She said that she will help out with anything that needs done while she is here so that will be good since I'll be doing my infusion.

Thank you so much for your prayers, for helping to carry us through this. If you will, please continue to pray for my mom as she heals and for me as I try to care for her (that I won't have a crash from all this either!)

I just can't express how much your presence and continued prayers mean to me and my mom. We are ever so grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This is a good news update!!! yea [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, it sounds like your mom is progressing well! This is good news! I know that having you by her side has been tremendous help for her.

I do worry about you caring for her by yourself. Were you able to enlist any help? This would be difficult for a healthy person to do alone. Is your sister there for only one day?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks and praise to God for your Mom's improvement, ability to go home and for you being able to care for her, sammy.

Prayers for both of you continue.

Our God has a plan and it is full of HOPE.

Hugs to you both!!

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh...delightful update...so glad things are falling into place for you both.

Asking the Lord to give you both rest...physically and mentally. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and rest assured that prayers continue.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love and prayers continue for both of you.

I am so glad that she is able to be home now. Did you ever get to speak with your pastor? If not, please do. After your sister leaves, you will definitely need help, so you don't get worn out yourself.

People especially can help with things like bringing food, doing laundry, and other chores. that would free you up to do nrusing/caring things for your mom and to take care of you!

Love to you both. Here's to continued healing for your mom.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I hope things are going ok. You went to a good hospital and I know she'll get good care.

Hang in there.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad your mom is home- no place like home!

Try to rest when you can, it is so easy to keep thinking I will do one more thing, but rest!

God bless you and your mom!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that sammy must be run ragged trying to care for her mom.
I so wish that you can enlist your pastor's help in rallying people to come by and help by bringing food, doing chores, etc. You need a break to take care of YOU!!

Love and prayers to you both---and your grandma (and sister, too, if she has come around some).

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Wondering how things are...praying.
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me know how you're doing. Sisters say its nasty up there.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying, sammy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Also still praying, sammy!

Hugs!!

--------------------

Sammi
Member # 110

Me too, and I am hoping you have some help.
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 2/6/14 **

Hi to my dear friends [Smile] Thank you for continuing to pray for us.

I was talking with my mom today, trying to get ready for my LLMD phone follow-up tomorrow. She always gives me her honest objective opinion. So I asked her how she thought I did this month considering all that was going on.

She said that I am weaker, have less endurance, more fatigue and seem sicker overall than I was last month.

It was like a slap in the face. I've been trying so hard to take good care of her. It was like I was hearing that I wasn't good enough.

Basically I sacrificed myself for her. I knew that it was possible but hoped that I was strong enough to make it through this time without backsliding.

The reality is, no one is really offering to help us here after the surgery. Except we were very grateful to accept a couple meals.

My sister came over one day to visit for a couple hours. My grandma calls to check on us often. She also took me to walmart one day to get much needed groceries.

So I'm doing the best that I can. I try to prioritize my activities to conserve energy. It's humbling not being able to do all that I want and need to do. I want to be able to do more.

So please keep praying for us. That God will give me the strength and all that I need to help my mom and continue to get better myself.

Please continue to pray for my mom's healing. That she will get better and stronger every day. That she will heal without complications.

Mom is still very weak, tired, and has pain. She has a dressing that needs changed twice daily. She tries to push herself and do a little more gradually every day.

We saw her surgeon for a follow up this week and found out that all of the lymph nodes removed during her surgery tested positive for the cancer. So the doctor said that she will have to be watched very closely.

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call up your pastor and tell him you need help.

Are there no home nurse visits allowed with her insurance/medicare?

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sammy,

Did you want her to lie? And how would that help?

Now, I hope she has extended her gratitude to you and said this in a nice tone of voice, of course. But looking at the basics here:

You say that you asked for an honest opinion -- as routine, you two have done this before:

"She said that I am weaker, have less endurance, more fatigue and seem sicker overall than I was last month.

It was like a slap in the face. I've been trying so hard to take good care of her. It was like I was hearing that I wasn't good enough." (end quote)

THAT is not what I "hear" -- not at all. She was stating facts as she observed. And likely, she had compassion when stating this but it may not have come through.

Don't think this is at all a judgment. Like the old "Dragnet" -- "Just the facts, Ma'am".

She may be correct but that does not at all imply judgment. Do not make that jump.

And it's important information for your doctor's phone consult. And important detail for you . . . that you need more support on various levels or to cut out some of what you do -- even if it seems you can't . . . somehow some things need shifting. Find help, somehow (I hope).

Do NOT equate what you can do with how you are as a person. Please. I know you wanted to come through with flying colors, in all aspects, and you DID in the important factors.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with Keebler. Plus, why WOULDN'T you be more fatigued, etc at this point in time? I would be completely EXHAUSTED!!

You are both enduring a LOT OF STRESS. Go easy on yourself and on your mother!

Please call your church for help .. and maybe a social worker of some sort? Surely you qualify for HELP of some sort!

[group hug]

We love you and care about you and your mother. You are doing your ultimate best and that is the DARNED TRUTH!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I am very sorry to hear that cancer was found in your mom's lymph nodes.

It would exhaust a healthy person to care for someone who just had the serious surgery your mom had.

Have you spoken with your pastor about getting some help? If not, please do. Cancer support groups may also have volunteers who can help do miscellaneous things. We all need help sometimes. I believe if people know you need help, they will be happy to do what they can.

Let your doctor know about all the stress and exhaustion you are dealing with. Maybe your protocol can be tweaked somewhat to help.

Prayers continue for you and your mom.

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your mother can see that all you are doing for her is taking a toll on you. That is not what she wants to see happening.

Please do not take it that you aren't doing enough. You really need to focus in more on yourself and resting as much as possible.

You must learn to relax and not let the stress of mom has cancer eat at lowering your immune system. You are only human and worse you are ill yourself.

You and mom need sister and other family to relieve you and help out. You must get help from someone. Please allow yourself to lay down the law and get someone helping you with mom.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 2/9/14**

I'm sorry if any part of my last update sounded whiny at all. I did not intend it to be so.

Words alone are often not enough to convey emotions. So let me try to convey how I was feeling at the time.

I was feeling disappointed in myself because I had hoped that i would be able to care for my mother to the best of my ability and endure through this time without back sliding. I was hoping that I had gotten better and built up enough strength that I could do this.

But the test shows the proof that I am not that far yet. I've got a long ways to go. I am still very ill.

I feel better after talking with my LLMD. He made me realize that I am not a failure. That I have done more than they imagined possible so that is a plus.

We are going to tweak my protocol because it was targeted towards babesia and my Lyme symptoms were starting to flare more. So we are changing up an antibiotic to better take care of the Lyme then I will theoretically have all infections covered.

I'm also supposed to try to restart Cowden but I honestly don't know if I will be able to remember to do it at this time.

Thank you all for being kind to me and understanding. For listening and being here. For praying for us during this journey, It's been a tough one.

randibear
Member # 11290

Sammy, you didn't sound whiny to me. I've been there, too, with my family. Always wanting more and more and not really understanding. But that's my family and your situation is different.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You've done an amazing job and in all that freezing cold weather.

To do all that with lyme is to your credit.

One thing somebody told me is that patients often take out their frustrations on their caregivers.

Don't ever ask for "honest" opinions unless you want to get blasted. The people I know take that as a n opportunity to go full attack mode. So I've learned never to ask them anything.

It's like the ole "do these pants make me look fat?" Routine.

Jus take one day at a time and remember spring is not far away.

--------------------

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I don't think anyone thinks your post was whiny.

You are dealing with SO much, and you are doing a stellar job! A healthy person would be exhausted and completely spent. We are worried about the toll this extra stress is taking on you and your health.

I still hope you can enlist help through your church, support groups, or friends.

Prayers continue!

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

sammy,

You are doing a great job under circumstances that would challenge anyone.

I wish I could be there to lend a hand.

I pray that the new protocol will help you feel better.

I continue to pray for you and your Mom....for total healing, strength and peace.

Just approach each day as doing the best that you can in each moment...what more could anyone do?

I also pray that help will come to you whenever you need it.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

I am definately with everyone above. Ýou are doing a great job! We are plugging for you...here to encourage you...and best of all, to pray.
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 2/17**

Thank you for sticking with me my dear friends, this has been a long journey. We are far from done but thankfully things are calming down now.

Mom is getting a little better every day. I know I keep saying that but it's true. A little here and there all adds up.

For example, she put away some clean dishes for me yesterday and folded up a couple clean towels for me today. Things that she could NOT have done last week.

She's also getting showers now and tolerating them better than I can! I'm getting jealous about that!!! At first they would wipe her out and make her feel sick for a couple days after. Now she just needs to rest a little after and she feels fine. She does better than me because I need to take a long nap after my showers [Smile]

*I'll tell you about our adventure from last week. The story will have * by it so you know when it begins and ends. It may be kinda gross so if you have a queasy stomach skip by this one!

*We opted to take out mom's JP drain at home instead of going in to see the surgeon again for it. At the last appt, he had removed the staples and said that if it didn't "slide out on it own" or "get yanked out on furniture" that we could come in and he'd take it out for us. My mom was scared that the doctor was going to yank on the tube, pulling it out hard and fast so I promised that I'd take it out at a moderate pace and stop to rest if she needed a break.

*So we had been emptying her drain daily and nothing had really been coming out any longer for a couple days. It was supposed to be done draining and dry inside, therefore no more need for the tube. It was time to remove it.

*For some reason I decided to tuck a bath towel under my mom's side "just in case", a gut feeling I had. I also had a few paper towels that I planned to dispose the JP tube in.

*Well, I had no problem pulling it out, that was uneventful. Except as soon as I got the tip out, out GUSHED a bunch of old fluids that hadn't drained properly!!! (Picture a water fountain, that is how much pressure the fluid had arching through the air!)

*I quick pulled up the bath towel and applied pressure to my mom's abdomen and held it there for several minutes. Whenever I tried to take a peek, the fluid would GUSH up at me so I quick replaced the big towel that i was grateful to have on hand.

*I stood there with pressure on mom's abdomen for about 40min until it stopped oozing out. Then I put a thick dressing on her.

*I was glad that I got all the old fluid out (even though it made such a big mess!) because if it stayed in there it could have been hard for her body to absorb and it could have caused an infection.

*It really was a funny site. My poor mom was all worried and kinda embarrassed that this happened to her, I just stood there laughing the whole time because it was so unexpected.

*Because the fluid was drained so well to start with that day, she had hardly any problems with drainage on dressings. The site of her JP started to heal right up and is now closed.

In the end, I think it worked out for the best that we didn't go to the doctor's office to have it removed. Mom is healing better because of it.

Thank you all for continuing to pray for us. It's been a long hard week but we've made it through. So now looking onward to this week [Smile]

Blessings, sammy

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, thanks for the update.

It is such great news that your mom is getting stronger every day! You have taken such good care of her.

What a story about removing the tube! It is always best to listen to that inner voice. As you said, it is a good thing you got all the fluid out.

I hope things continue to improve for both of you. Prayers continue!

momindeep
Member # 7618

You sound better too, sammy. Healing is a process...we all know that...thanking the Lord for the our wonderfully-made bodies that he created with the ability to heal.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I'm so happy to hear that your Mom is doing better and you seem to be doing better also.

It's good that all of that fluid drained out after removing the drain.

You are doing a really great job, sammy, of caring for your Mom.

I will continue to pray for complete healing for both of you, and for all that you need, to be provided.

Hugs!

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Hopeyou are doing okay and your mom continues to heal.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Whew! I managed to read that. I'm so glad you were "prepared" and that it has really helped her overall!

Hang in there, you two! Prayers continue!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying, sammy, and trusting that your Mom will improve each day and that you will also have improved health.

[group hug]

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Thank you all for your continued prayers they mean so much to us [Smile]

Yesterday we were supposed to go to a follow- up with mom's oncologist but we got a call early in the morning to change the appt to next week. It worked out well as it gave us a day of rest.

I've been feeling really run down lately. I'm still struggling with symptoms from the virus/infection from before mom's surgery. This started several weeks ago and doesn't seem to be going away on it's own. I was hoping that my recent Lyme med change would kick it but that hasn't happened yet.

So if you could say an extra prayer for me for healing too, I would appreciate it.

Thank you my wonderful friends!

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I am not surprised you are feeling run down. You have been doing so much. I hope that things are settling down a good bit now, so you can take care of you.

Do you have in infusion coming up soon?

I am praying for you to feel stronger as soon as possible.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Prayers for you and your mom. Thinking about you both and hoping you are feeling better and your mom too.
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 2/27**

Dear friends, mom was doing so well... until wednesday, things drastically took a turn for the worst. My heart just breaks for her.

She started having abdominal pain on tuesday night, just twinges and she ignored it. On wednesday it got worse and she thought that it was her kidney stone.

Then suddenly Wednesday afternoon it hit her hard and she told me her pain was "ER level", (something she would never admit) , encompassing her whole abdomen. Still she didn't want to go to the ER.

I had to convince her that if the pain was that bad then we needed to go to the ER to find out what was going on. That is what she would expect me to do so she needed to take care of her self and do the same since we only have each other. This finally got her to go. She's stubborn.

The ER did a CT and blood work and found out that she had pancreatitis and a leak in her pancreas causing fluid to build up in her abdomen causing inflammation in all the other organs especially the colon.

We had gone to a smaller, local hospital (mom's choice) instead of the hospital where she had her surgery. So she had to be transferred by ambulance to the main hospital where her doctors would follow her and treat her.

It was a really long day and night. They now have her admitted, on antibiotics to treat the pancreatitis and they put in a JP drain to remove the fluid from her abdomen.

She's on lots of pain medicine because the pancreatitis is very painful and the procedure to put the drain in is also painful because they cut between the ribs to place the large suction tube.

She's very upset because they had to put in a PICC line yesterday for long term IV antibiotics. She'll be coming home with them for awhile because the infection is so serious. Mom never wanted a PICC because she saw what an annoyance it was for me to have mine.

She needs lots of prayers because pancreatitis is often DEADLY in people who have had pancreatic cancer and have had surgery to remove their tumors. It can cause too much stress on the pancreas and kill it.

So we need to pray that her body is able to clear the infection quickly with the help of the antibiotics. They have not been able to find out what type of infectious organism it is as of this AM so they cannot match the antibiotic perfectly yet.

We also need to pray that her pancreas stops leaking and that it will heal up nicely, and that the inflammation will go away. As these are also big problems.

My mom feels so overwhelmed now. She was so positive because she was doing well, she was getting better. But now she doesn't know if she can make it through such a large obstacle. She doesn't have the confidence this time that she needs.

I feel like she's hanging on my confidence. On my belief that she will be able to make it through and regain the progress that she had made.

Frankly I feel like my mom has fallen into a depression and she would give up if I were not here to keep holding her head and shoulders up, encouraging her all the way.

This is such a serious, scary, deadly complication. It's humbling. I'm faced with the fact again that I may lose my mom.

Dear friends, please pray for me and my mom.

Thank you.

Sammi
Member # 110

Oh sammy, I am so very sorry about this setback. Thank goodness you made your mom go to the ER!

I pray that they find the best antibiotic to treat her infection, that it works quickly, and that her pancreas will stop leaking as soon as possible. I also pray for you to have strength. She is so lucky to have your support.

Please let your mom know that we are all praying for both of you! Hang in there, okay?

randibear
Member # 11290

sammy I am so sorry to hear this.

there is an excellent pancreatitus message board on the web. its the main one really. im sure they can help also.

praying for both of you

--------------------

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you give her the direct link to this board? I did a google search and came up with a number of them, don't know which is best. We can only give moral support, maybe the other board can give more detailed info.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers to you both for strength and healing

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy,
"pancreas stop leaking" . . .AMEN
We are thankful, you can share with US.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

its the carol muir board. cant get the link tho but let me check

carol muir memorial pancreatitus family message board.

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

It will be okay Sammy...and we will collectively pray for you and your mom.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sammy .. we love you and your mother so much. Please remember that. It is very normal for both of you to be very depressed and overwhelmed.

There is NO SHAME in that depression.

This is a big obstacle for us humans, but nothing for GOD.

Lord, we ask today that you heal our sisters in Christ. Bring health and healing to both. Bless them in spirit and bring them HOPE, peace and comfort.

In Jesus's name, Amen.

--

Pancreatitis board:

http://www.eboards4all.com/692933/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers going up,in agreement w/ all those at prayer in this matter.

For <<<<< Sammy and her Momma >>>>>,

Lord, please wrap them in your healing love,and we ask for angels to comfort them both thru this ordeal.

We know you love both these dear ones, more than all of us could. Thank You Lord,for hearing these prayers !!!

In Jesus Name Amen!!!

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I am praying for your Mom, sammy, and you too.

Encourage your Mom to lean on the Lord for confidence. He can see things so much more clearly than we can.

Big hugs!!

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you both, will pray.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Just checking in to let you know I am still praying and wanted you to know that...I am certain others are too.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Absolutely. Still praying.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Oh, sammy, I just saw your recent post. I am so, so sorry to hear about the most recent obstacle. Of course, you would both be depressed and scared, and your mom would not feel confidant.

I pray that your mom's pancreatitis heals well and quickly, that it stop leaking, and that she can come home in much better health.

I pray that both of you will feel comforted and optimistic. I pray that you get over your virus, and and that your mom feels much, much better soon. and that you both can get good rest.

Much love and healing to both of you.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Still praying for you both, sammy!

May Our Heavenly Father provide all that you both need.

--------------------

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Sammy! More prayers from here for you both.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for your Mom and you too!!
Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Asking our God to have mercy on both of you and grant complete healing.

I saw this book on Suzy Cohen's facebook page. She is known as America's Pharmacist and provides very good info on various topics.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Pancreatitis-Pancreatic-Cancer-Cohen-ebook/dp/B006GQN89C/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GXGA91YE5K5MH840SHM

--------------------

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, how are things going? I hope much better for both of you. Prayers continue.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dekrator.. Did you see the "testimonial" about Lyme disease in the book reviews?

(sammy's mom has the neuro-endocrine cancer .. different from the norm)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your Mom. So much suffering...my heart just breaks for everyone.

May the Great Physician have mercy on both of you and all those suffering with illness. May He provide the healing touch and make all things well and new.

Listen to "I'll Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns found on this link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ

If you have K-LOVE radio station in your area, then you will find positive, uplifting, life-changing music and support there. If not, then you can listen online at www.klove.com
They also have a prayer line.

Posts: 8982 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Lymetoo,

I just read that review...thanks for pointing it out.

Suzy Cohen is lyme literate and does a great job educating the public.

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Talking to our Heavenly Father for/with you...hope things are steady.
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Sammy and Mom >>>>>,

Prayers continue, for both of you...

Dear Father in Heaven,

Sammy and her Mom need Your healing love and peace, please let your love descend on them. And let the Moms Pancreas heal properly and swiftly!

Both these dear dear Ladies need peace and rest,please keep them surrounded with Your Angels,and don't let them give up!

In Jesus name Amen!

Jus' Silverwolfi thinking of y'all

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

How is it going Sammy?
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 3/7**

Dear friends, Thank You for sticking with us, encouraging us, lifting us up in your prayers. Words cannot express how much I appreciate what you have done for us.

Thankfully, this is a good news update. I got mom home late yesterday! Oh, this has been such a battle, I feel so relieved to have her home where I can take care of her now. I know that she will get better here.

When mom got home from the hospital she confided in me that the doctor told her that they had wanted to keep her 3 more days! I told her that was ridiculous.

I had to get her out of the hospital because when she was in there she was not fighting for her life. She had lost all of her drive to live. They were treating her like she was a long term cancer patient that was never going home, never getting better. It made me so mad!

I had never seen my mom with this flat empty attitude. I would call her at night before I went to bed and she wouldn't even want to talk to me. That would make me so sad but it would make me want to fight even harder to get her out of there!

Oh, so now she is home. It is like the light switch flipped back on inside of her. She is alive again! She is up walking more and that will help her recover so much faster. She is talking to me normally again! She has her drive back! She is glad to be home.

I knew that if I could just get her home that I could take care of her and things would be OK, that I'd get her back on track. It's going to take awhile for her to heal and even get back to where she was last week before the pancreatitis and all this set her back. But we will take baby steps, little goals and be happy.

This was the scariest event that has ever happened to us. The longest scariest week. Thank you all for praying for us and encouraging me.

I am so tired now! I think that the gravity of it all has truly hit me and now I feel totally exhausted!!!

Oh, thank you all, thank you so much [Smile]

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, thank you for the update. Our prayers have been answered!!

It sounds like the way the staff was treating your mom led to her not wanting to fight. She is so lucky to have you fighting for her!

I am so glad she is home and that she got through this setback with your help. I am sure you are completely exhausted in every way. Please take care of yourself. Prayers continue for you both.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Your update is like hot chocolate with real whip cream on top...like hand-made mittens...like toes burried in warm sand!
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update.

So happy your Mom is home and doing better.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

How are you two doing?
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Sammy,

It isn't uncommon for family to ignore their own members needs and focus on a strangers/friends.

My MIL is majorly that way. She moved into our town 5 years ago, and helps the homeless...etc, but can do little for us. it's usually us helping her.

I know why. She can't face the fact that her own family has problems. it's easier to deal with other's issues. Also, I think it is therapeutic for her to dabble in the worlds issues, feel better about her own, and then step out of the nightmare while those left within it have to endure. if it were her family, she couldn't do that. sadly, others misery is elevating for her....and protective.

it's rather disgusting and infuriating. I imagine your sister is not this way, but maybe it is just to much to bear.

Hope your mom's surgery went well and she is resolving into better health.

Hugs,

2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

**UPDATE** 3/25

I'm so sorry for my lack of posts. Within this next week I'll try to catch up on what's been going on.

I've been so terribly ill with constant high fevers (miserable), extreme exhaustion, and severe sinus infection symptoms like face,eye,and ear pain. Cough, sore throat, and bright green to dark yellow nasal discharge.

Worst of all are the migraines.

This has been going on now for two weeks so I'm wondering if it may not be viral and I might need something to clear it.

So if you will, say a prayer for healing for me. I would greatly appreciate it. I will also follow up with my LLMD on Thursday so pray that he will be able to help and that appt will go well too.

Thank you friends, may you be blessed as you have been such a blessing to me [Smile]

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I am very sorry you are feeling so terrible. You have been through so much.

I pray these symptoms let up for you very soon and that your appointment goes well on Thursday. You deserve a break!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement