LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 1/19** Please Pray, Update, Mom's CT found a new spot! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 1/19** Please Pray, Update, Mom's CT found a new spot!
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also still praying,sammy.

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too sammy.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, praying here in Indiana for you and your family.

God is in control. Everyday I remind myself of that too.

No matter what happens, he will not fail us.

Peace, Wisdom and Strength-

[group hug]

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy am hoping that 2014 will bring the Lords blessing for you and your mother.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
** Update 1/7/14 **

Thank you for all of your prayers and ideas expressed here. Everything is greatly appreciated.

Right after the holidays we struggled with an upper respiratory infection that was stressful and a setback in terms of getting things done. I still feel beat and am needing naps daily.

At one point, a few things in the house needed done and my mom expressed to me her fears that I am not going to be able to take care of her after the surgery. Basically she had a panic attack and I could not even calm her down. I felt so bad, so inadequate.

I'll be honest, it's going to be hard. We will need God's grace to get by but I know that we will. The house will not be perfect, we may not eat glamorous meals, but my mom will be cared for. That is what matters.

I just learned today that my IVIG has been denied. Last year when I had to go off of it for testing I was bedridden for the 6mo due to constant infections. I need to trust and pray that God will provide for us this time around knowing how much I need it due to my severe immune deficiency.

I cannot allow myself to think about the alternative that if I do not get my IVIG approved this week, I will not be well enough to care for my mom. And I am no longer on IV antibiotics, I am on orals only.

So, today and tomorrow my mom has a special nuclear med test to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else like the liver. Please pray that it will not spread but if it has already that they will find it so that it can be taken out during surgery.

Mom's surgery is scheduled for January 23rd at 8:30am, her surgeon is Dr. Ouellette.

Thank you all for walking with us through this. *Hugs*

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy bless your heart. How in home care like a nurse to come in or something?

Are you doing ok for money? Need gift cards or something??

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, I cannot believe that with everything you have going on that your IVIG was denied again! You need this more than anyone I know. What reason did they give? What recourse do you have? The timing could not be any worse. I am so sorry.

Do you have any other family members, people from church, or friends who could help out? You cannot do this alone. Do you know if there are cancer support groups in your area? These support groups can provide rides to and from treatment and may be able to help with a lot of other things also.

sammy, if I can help by researching support groups for you or do anything else at all, please let me know. You have so much on your plate right now, and you need help.

I am praying that your IVIG is approved immediately, that your mom's cancer has not spread, and that her surgery is a complete success. I am also praying for strength for you and your mom during this difficult time.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry, sammy, for all that you and your Mom are going through.

I am praying fervently for both of you, and trusting that God will provide all that you both need.

Also trusting that you both will get all the treatments you need and will be healed.

Love and hugs!!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless your heart Sammy. You have had enough challenges for a lifetime.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Will continue to lift you and your mom up in prayer.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sammy. I pray for you and your mom daily.

Who has denied your IVIG? Medicare? A Medicare Advantage plan?

On what basis? You are awaiting some kind of approval this week?? You have appealed?

When was your last treatment?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why it was so cold in the house yesterday...

The furnace quit working! The warmest it got was -15 wind chill outside!!! So my mom came home from her tests and said that it was almost as cold inside as it was outside [Frown]

We had Duke energy come to make sure that our gas had enough power to make the flame (not sure if I am explaining the technical correctly here). Everything was OK so we had to wait for our neighbor to get off work before he could come fix our furnace.

Thank God our heat was restored last night!!!

So mom proceeds to tell me that she'd been feeling short of breath all day, chest heavy, and like her heart was racing. She didn't know if it was stress or symptoms of more clots and had considered going to the ER earlier...

This was like 9pm. So now I'm worried. She didn't want to go to the ER so I tried to get her to relax and we watched a couple funny shows together. She said she felt a little better before going to bed.

She's going to have the neighbor check her blood sugar if she still feels bad this afternoon because she thinks that maybe her pancreas is making her sugars imbalanced.

So please pray that she will feel better and that things will calm down so that she will have less stress. She's having a hard time coping. Anyone in her situation would.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

About the IVIG...

I just got a call from my doctor's office. They did a doctor to doctor appeal over the phone today. Thank God our request for IVIG was approved!!! What a huge blessing!

I was in such a huge state of shock that it was denied since yesterday. I called the office and did everything that I needed to do and have been trusting that God would take care of it. It was way out of my hands to handle this.

The nurse was so nice, she has no idea how important this coverage was to me. This means that I can care for my mom. Or really, I can care for my mom without losing my life.

What a relief and huge weight off my shoulders.

Thank you all for praying this through. You are carrying us.

randibear
Member # 11290

Sammy what hospital are you going to? Im familar with all of them. Stay away from good sam. Ketterin is fabulous and so is the new one in beavercreek. Greene memorial is ok so is miami valley.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome, sammy!! Praise the Lord for His many blessings!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you, God...Thank you, God...Thank you, God!!!

Prayers answered. Will keep praying and trusting our Lord to work everything out.

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you keeping us updated! It is so exciting when the Lord's handiwork can be seen-Praise God! Glad your furnace is working and you had a neighbor who could help!

Now- keep praying your IV will go well and your mom will get better. May God continue to bless you with strength and endurance.

WOOF!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

quote:
Originally posted by sammy:
About the IVIG...

I just got a call from my doctor's office. They did a doctor to doctor appeal over the phone today. Thank God our request for IVIG was approved!!! What a huge blessing!

sammy, what a huge blessing indeed! I am SO happy for you!

With your mom's clotting history, she should go to the ER when she has these symptoms. Prayers continue for you and your mom.

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, great news on your side sammy. Now get mom to accept help and not let symptoms go for too long before going to dr office or ER.

Sometimes we know we've worked ourselves in a tizzy and caused anxiety sx in our bodies. I hope mom knows there is a difference and when there is a difference.

When your body speaks...listen. Lyme patients become experts on waiting to see if this symptom too shall pass. If we went every time there was a change in our bodies, we'd live in doc office or ER.

We try to avoid stupid questions from non-lyme docs at all costs.

[rant]

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, sammy, I just saw the new posts. Thank God that your IVIG was approved!!! That is essential.

Please, please see about getting a visiting nurse/aide to help your mom after surgery. NOt that you won't help her, but to help you to help her without you going down with the ship.

If that isn't possible, please do let someone help you to find volunteers to help out. YOu can only do so much without jeopardizing your own health.

And please take your mom to the ER if necessary. I hear that it is hard to tell what is anxiety, and what is a clotting problem. It sounds like she could use anti-anxiety meds to get her through this terribly stressful time.

I pray that the tests show that the cancer has not spread.

I'm sending love and prayers to both of you.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, I'm thinking about you both, as I'm sure many of us are. How are things progressing?

Please do get help, so it isn't only you supporting your mom after her surgery.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 1/14**

Thank you all for your continued love and prayers [Smile]

I spoke with my mom last night about when she will be coming home after surgery and what she will be expecting.

Basically, she does not want any outside help like a home care nurse. She thinks that we will be fine on our own, just the 2 of us.

I asked her if any of her close friends or the church had offered to make meals or do anything during that week to help out and she said "no" that "we'll be fine."

She said that she'll get some freezer dinners that I can pop in easily. And I can ask the neighbor to make something one day, she's very nice and is always willing to help.

A good friend of mine (My only non-lyme friend) has offered to help with a meal but she lives over an hour away from my house so that is hard when she works long hours every day. Her parents may help out with one too?

I've kinda been waiting for people to step up and ask but no one is. It's like they don't realize the gravity, the severity of this surgery and how sick I am to have to care for my mom afterwards...

The pastor (and maybe his wife?) is going to come over to our house to talk sometime this week. I think that will be good for my mom. To help her cope with some things before surgery.

By God's grace, we'll get through this together. If mom can be strong and make it through the surgery then I ask for God's strength and endurance to help me care for her as she heals afterward.

Thank you for continuing to pray for us both. I am still in shock that this situation is really real. Having a hard time coping with it myself so I know my mom is too.

I'm also sick right now, upper respiratory + sinus symptoms, seem to be getting worse instead of better. Please pray with me that my body can fight it off without having to go to the doctor for antibiotics.

*Hugs*

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I continue to pray for you and your mom as I am sure everyone here also continues to pray. I am sure you are completely exhausted in every way.

I am glad your pastor will be visiting. Is there any way you could speak with him about your concerns (even if it is before he visits)? Maybe when he knows the situation he can rally volunteers.

I just think it is a lot for you to do alone when you are so sick. If people know you need help, they will want to help. Your mom should not feel like it is a burden to have people help. Maybe she would reconsider if you tell her that having help would also help you?

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray for you everyday...I agree with sammi...tell your pastor the deal...sometimes people just don't realize and if mentioned turns things around...there is no shame asking people for help...none at all.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE ask your church for help!! They sometimes don't know you need help unless you ask. They know people are "proud" (sounds like your mama) and may not want to push it.

So .. let the minister know you could use help. I'm sure he will ask about that when he comes to see you.

Praying for you daily.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, please ask for help. The people at the church would love to help. Just get Mom to say, Let go and Let God.

Let others help. Tell her how strangers on line reach out and are able to help you when times are rough. Image what help the church people would be to you both.

God wants us to admit the truth and ask for help. He wants others to help you guys.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< sammy >>>>>,

TxCoord and I are praying,and I agree about your church and pastor. Talk to them,and if they can help please allow them to do so.

You cannot help your mom,if you collapse.I am glad they finally got your IVIG thru, but you need to be able rest and to take care of you too!

jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Yes, sammy, please do talk to your pastor about rallying help, and probably talk to him ahead of time about it.

Your mom likely wants the comfort of just you around,not realizing what a toll it would take on you, when you need help yourself! As someone else mentioned, you can tell your mom that much as

you'd like to do it all yourself, you need support to support her, so you don't collapse in the process. I don't think that she wants that.

You both need all the help that you can get right now. This is a huge stress in every way for both of you (that's not news to you!).

Please see if your mom can get anti-anxiety meds to get her through this time, if she isn't already. This would make a saint anxious! Well, maybe not a saint, but everyone else.

So, yes, get as much help lined up as possible, and help from your pastor and speaking to your mom so that she can accept that help, knowilng that it will help you, too.

Lots of people would surely gladly help, if they understood the need.

Love and prayers to both of you in this time of great need.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Still praying for you and your mom sammy. After Don Piper, who wrote the book " 90 Minutes in Heaven", was mangled in a horrible car accident, he refused to let people help him. He prided himself on being independent. One day an older pastor taught him that the only gift other people have to offer is their help. Don't take that gift away from them. People love you and they really do want to help. Simply tell them they can help. They want to show they care.

--------------------

Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your Mom, Sammy.

Please ask for help. I agree with Rumigirl.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Dekrator48:

Still praying for you and your mom sammy. After Don Piper, who wrote the book " 90 Minutes in Heaven", was mangled in a horrible car accident, he refused to let people help him. He prided himself on being independent. One day an older pastor taught him that the only gift other people have to offer is their help. Don't take that gift away from them. People love you and they really do want to help. Simply tell them they can help. They want to show they care.

_

I remember that part of the book, Dekrator! I learned a valuable lesson there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are with you.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine also - always.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 1/19**

Mom has a procedure tomorrow to place a special filter to catch blood clots and prevent them from going to her lungs (which would cause another pulmonary embolism) and brain (which would cause a stroke).

She'll have this done at the hospital and will need to be going under anesthesia also. We've been told it takes awhile because afterwards they have to keep pressure on the insertion site for a long time to stop bleeding.

Mom has extra risks going into the procedure with the lung blood clots and having been on blood thinners to treat and prevent more clots.

Things are getting very real now. Surgery day is just a couple nights away.

We went to church today, it was good to get out of the house after I've been so sick all week. Mom spoke up and tried to catch most of her friends to tell/ remind them of the surgery date and ask for prayer. I was able to catch a couple she missed.

I told you that the pastor was supposed to come over one evening to talk but he was not able to work things out with his schedule last week. Maybe he will work it out in the next couple days. It would be good for my mom.

I'm just trying to trust in God and enjoying our time together before the surgery.

So if you will, please pray for mom as she has her filter placed tomorrow, that God's hand will guide the doctors, that all will go well.

Thank you friends, thank you for standing by my side all the way through this.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

sammy .. We will pray. Could you please post your mom's first name? Or send me a PM with her name. I know that God knows, but it helps me when I'm praying.

I sure hope the minister can stop by this week. May God surround both of you with his mighty angels of healing.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

My mom had that filter put in.

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prayers going out to your mom, everything is going to work out tomorrow!!!

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Praying always.
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending up prayers sammy.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, prayers continue.
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

sammy, I am praying for you both. Please ask the pastor to visit, when it will work out for your mom. Let him know how serious it is.
Love and prayers to you both.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Thinking of you and your dear mom with Christian love and asking the Lord to give you a day of tenderness from Him to you both.
sammy
Member # 13952

Thank you all so much for responding today. My mom's name is Cinda, her surgery today is 3pm at Kettering Memorial Hospital. She will be at the same hospital on the 23rd.

Got to go!

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

sammy,

Praying fervently for both of you and for all the people your Mom will have caring for her today and in the days to come.

May our Lord cover all of you with His perfect love and gentle healing care.

Wish I could hug you both in person.

Peace be with you both.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

We were posting at the same time, sammy.

Thanks for the update. Will be praying.

[group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying... what a beautiful name she has!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

susank
Member # 22150

More prayers here - please keep us updated - when you can.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I pray that Cinda's surgery went well yesterday and that her surgery goes well on the 23rd. I continue to pray for you also.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Lifting you and your Mom up in prayer today!

Sending hugs to you both!

Isaiah 41:10(NIV)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying praying praying
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Praying God will be with you in amazing ways! After so much preparation for this it will be nice to have the surgery over and have your mom home and healing!

Prayers for all to go well, you to be over your cold, and your mom to be well!

Hugs!

--------------------

Billy Graham

momindeep
Member # 7618

Thoughts and prayers and anticipation of the Lord's help in troubled times.
map1131
Member # 2022

Sammy, I know you have to be beyond exhausted. Please get some rest today, if possible.

We'll wait for your up-date. Don't forget you!

Pam

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Prayers continue, and trusting that our Lord is healing both of you and providing for all that you both need.

Psalm 9: 9-10(NIV)

9 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

--------------------

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, praying for all to go well tomorrow.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying for you and your dear Mom this morning as she goes into surgery.

Heavenly Father,

Please keep sammy's Mom, Cinda, in your gentle care today. Please heal her from cancer, guide the surgeon to perfection and help all of the healthcare team to take exceptional care of her.

Please protect Cinda from any complications or extreme pain.

Please send angels to sit and comfort sammy as she waits for her precious Mom to come out of surgery and keep angels of protection by Cinda's side in the operating room.

Please help sammy and Cinda to feel the peace, hope and comfort that comes only from You.

I ask all of this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Psalm 103:2-4(NIV)

2 Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit

--------------------

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your mom Sammy.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers for you and your mom. Please update us when you can.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I am praying that everything went well today.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying, sammy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Yes, praying and sending love to you both. I hope everything went well today.

Please get some rest yourself.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Praying for you both. Hang on.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

From "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young:

"Strive to trust Me in more and more areas of your life. Anything that tends to make you anxious is a growth opportunity.

Instead of running away from these challenges, embrace them, eager to gain all the blessings I have hidden in the difficulties. If you believe that I am sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations.

Don't waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been. Start at the present moment-accepting things exactly as they are-and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances.

Trust is like a staff you can lean on, as you journey uphill with Me. If you are trusting in Me consistently, the staff will bear as much of your weight as needed. Lean on, trust, and be confident in Me with all your heart and mind."

Prayers and hugs, sammy!!

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

**Update 1/24 **

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you with all of my heart I want to thank you for praying for my mom.

Her surgery went well yesterday, it was a long procedure. It started at 10:30am and ended at 5:30pm. She spent a couple hours in recovery before we finally got to see her in her room at 9:30pm. It was a long and hard day.

The surgeon said that she had 5 incisions and a JP drain. She also has an NG tube down her nose to help her stomach to heal. During the surgery, the spleen was removed, along with all of the lymph nodes, and half the pancreas with the tumor. He checked the liver and decided to leave it.

My Grandma and I went back to the hospital to visit and care for her today. Mom was miserable from all the pain and the overwhelming nausea.

They tried changing her medicines but when we left this evening, she was still really suffering. I hate to see her like that, I hate to leave her like that.

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow a bunch and be dangerously cold. My mom doesn't want us driving in the snow to come see her so I will worry about her...

Please pray with me that she will feel better and be able to rest easily and begin to heal well.

Thank you, thank you for staying with me through this. You are true friends [Smile]

lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for comfort, strength and healing.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH, that sounds so rough!!! But I'm SO HAPPY it is over and she can now be on her way to recovery. I know you will worry about her a LOT tonight.

So read what Dekrator posted (several times) and try NOT to worry! I pray you will be able to rest and that you can see her VERY SOON.

We love you, sammy!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I am so happy your mom's surgery went well! I am sure you are beyond exhausted.

Now we will pray for her healing and for strength for you. Please get some rest, you have been through so much.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Sammy...you made it and so did your mom! Asking the Lord to send his angels to watch over your mom while you are away from her. Peace...can you picture those angels?
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Sammy, a 7-hour surgery, wow!! That is a very long and difficult one. I'm so glad that it went well.

Hopefully, they will get her meds right, so she is more comfortable. It's bound to be tough after such a long, involved surgery.

Yes, please rest. Lymetoo is right, Dekrator has a wonderful quote there to give you comfort.

Love and prayers for both of you. Good healing for you mom---and for you.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I will continue to pray, sammy, and trust in our Lord to take care of everything.

Another entry from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young:

"Trust Me in every detail of your life. Nothing is random in My kingdom.

Everything that happens fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me.

Instead of trying to analyze the intricacies of the pattern, focus your energy on trusting Me and thanking Me at all times.

Nothing is wasted when you walk close to Me. Even your mistakes and sins can be recycled into something good, through My transforming grace.

While you were still living in darkness, I began to shine the Light of My Presence into your sin-stained life.

Finally, I lifted you up out of the mire into My marvelous Light. Having sacrificed My very Life for you, I can be trusted in every facet of your life."

--------------------

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope all goes well. God bless.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Dear friends, This will have to be short today as I'm extremely exhausted. I feel like everything has started to catch up with me.

It snowed here about 5 in but it stopped early and they were able to clear the roads.

Mom is doing a little better today. They changed her meds so now she has to deal with more pain to have less nausea.

They are also going to try to take out the NG tube tonight which will make her much more comfortable as long as her stomach is ready.

Thank you so much for praying, we are relying on them right now [Smile]

lax mom
Member # 38743

So glad to hear she is getting a bit of comfort and is a little better.

Continuing prayers for you, your mom and your grandma.

[group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

momindeep
Member # 7618

Praying each day is better than the last. I will be praying each day. Hoping everyone can get some rest.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks for the update sammy.

Praying for pain relief and relief from nausea for your Mom. Praying that she will feel well with the NG tube out.

Praying for healing rest for both of you and renewed strength for tomorrow.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement