LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » what else can go wrong?? jus kill me....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what else can go wrong?? jus kill me....
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, sis is celiac, me sicker than a dog, and what happens? crap, that's what.

my stove broke, ice maker making a ton of noise. so bad it keeps you up at night and you have to turn it off.

did I mention my dishwasher sounds like it's taking off, won't clean worth a dang.

he says I ain't paying some jerk to come in the house and repair them. he's absolutely paranoid about strangers in the house

so it looks like I might be getting new appliances. well I have some money squirreled away.

went to lowes and they had a sale and said they would give me a miitary discount. whew that helped alot.

so he calls his friend and says you can have them and tells me I have to do without till wednesday.

never stops around here...ever.

anybody got a spare room...garage...heck even a barn?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does he feel about delivery men?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he'll grumble the entire job and drive them crazy. he'll shut every door in the house and grab anything he thinks is valuable...well except me...lol

oh this should be fun. camping in my own house.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good reason to go try some of nice restaurants around town.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyfromtheblock
Member # 43805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyfromtheblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGh! What a nightmare! I'm sick and celiac too...eating out not usually an option, so if my oven/ stove broke...I'd cry too!

Hope your luck turns soon!

--------------------
celiac dx 2012
pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor dx 2012
lyme dx 2/14
poss igm wb, neg igg wb - Igenex/CDC

Posts: 85 | From south shore | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It's important to know that a refrigerator will need to be on for a full day (or more) before you can even place food it in, safely.

If it's been in a warehouse or on a hot truck for a while, it could take longer than on a winter's day, too. Just because the air blowing inside may feel cool to your hand after a short time won't mean it's ready.

Some models may need to sit a while before even plugging in if they get too jostled in the journey to you.

Be sure to find out the specifics for your new model as to how long before it will reach optimum temperature. A fridge thermometer might be a good thing to get, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

wow. thanks. never thought of that.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Also to consider: Weekend retreat at a camp or holiday cabin, even hotel rooms with a fridge.

When I could go to an annual music retreat in the woods: Food provided but some with specific diets brought their own food. Fridges were only turned on when guests arrived for the weekend, off as they left.

Bad habit. Very dangerous way of operating. Good thing only a very few people brought their own food and most did not require a fridge. I'm glad I learned of this as I arrived, though, so I could eat all perishables that first night.

Still, a few people always got fairly ill. I suspected the Friday night potlucks with people hauling food from work, 2 hours away to the camp, then waiting for dinnertime, all the time, only one fridge in the dining area (which was only just turned back on as folks arrived).

Some years, one fantastic staff member was receptive to my call a day prior to "please turn on the fridges" . . . just don't think anyone ever made that a procedure.

Usually cool April around here lulled many into thinking, oh, the car is cold enough.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
When the delivery people arrive, be sure to offer them a refreshing beverage and a light pick-me-up snack. Suggest they "put their feet up" to recharge for a minute.

Share a few jokes. That will surely make for a pleasant atmosphere, eh? Actually, I remember that sort of thing growing up. The Fuller Brush man, the Watkins Man. They did their jobs & did not dally, really, but it seemed like they were also a family member, just catching up.

They were always offered a cup of coffee. Now, I wonder how they did that at every house (and never asked to use the restroom).
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement