LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? August 24 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? August 24
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone! [Smile] Hope your week will be super!

-

Very glad to hear that you survived two close calls, kayak! I can't imagine using a ladder to get into a vehicle. Are you SURE on this? [Smile]

I tried to help my husband carry a fairly light weight tray tonight and wish I hadn't. Dang it. My neck is not happy at all.

kam .. Very sorry you are having to apply for another dog, but it's a reality. Rosie has been so good for you. Will be a very sad departure when the time comes. [Frown]

OK .. gotta get off the computer. See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AML94
Member # 44454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AML94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loaded the dishwasher! And it HURT, but my kids have dishes for breakfast. My poor husband has to put in a lot of weekend hours to make up for all the time he spends doing everything. I'm glad when I can do something so small to help.
Posts: 27 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AML Dixie paper plates and bowls work very well and are less labor intensive. [Smile]

Able to be out of the apartment for 30 min this am. Finally able to drive to local camp ground to see what the number is of the site I like to camp in.

I can reserve it on line if I reserve it 5 days before needing it. Problem is I never know until the morning how health will be.

Today I was able to drive over there. Tomorrow....I might not be able to do that. Rare I am able to.

Resting now. Then hoping to clean up in the kitchen.

It is good AML when we are able to do a little bit. I understand.

And welcome.

Hoping to go back and read what I Missed from last week but need to veg now.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi AML! Welcome...

Tutu stop exaggeratin!

I said a step stool...one step 6-8"

No big deal for a short time when i hardly go out

I'll get a real step when house is done

I have to use wc this morning . It took a long time to get etta and i breakfast

I slept good last night but was dreaming about my ex! I guess i am wrried about him. He and his wife both have lyme but are in denial and treating other things and it usnt going well. I know there is nothing i can do...but it makes me sad. So many treating the wrong thing and getting worse

It will be a slow day. I need to get out at one point and water my hanging plant-it needs a bigger pot but i cant do that now. It needs a gallon of water a day!

Mostly i will finish cleaning living room and kitchen, do laundry, hope i sign papers on truck and hope roof guy calls to say he has parts and can finish

Have a good week all

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu..how is it working out to clear the venting system at your apartments.

I have noticed I get stuffed up and have a runny nose.

I wondered why. After you mentioned the venting system in your apartment I wondered if that is why.

We have heavy smokers here too. And I do wonder how clean the venting system is.

I know at the old apartments I lived in I would get smoke in my apartment when someone in the other units would light up in their apartment. UGH.

Moving to a small home is not an option at this point. But, it is on the back of my mind.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Just got up to see if I could clean up in the ktichen and the body was in too much pain.

Trying to decide whether to take the tramadol and gabapetin or the excedrin.

leaning towards tramadol and gabapetin..

Laid back down to write a note to local mechanic to see about getting a free estimate on what the car needs.

One mechanic told me it needed at least $2,000 and that if a couple of things broke I would not have control of the car.

Ball joints was one of them.

Hoping to write the letter. Take it around the corner to the mechanic and see if I can just drop off the car before they open one morning and cruise on back home in my power chair...

on one of those mornigns when health is doing wel enough to do so

Maybe today??

payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
KAM, [hi]
I got to say THIS...

you know WE love you...

folks may take your

daily shares as complaining and whinning..

God,

change their thoughts into

compassion and involement...

The Truth is + [group hug] =

that WE can relate to your daily

chores and efforts.. YOU GO GIRL.

keep US in the loop !

YOU are Loved - simple tasks for LYME Life are

taken for granite by those with harden HEARTS.

mechenic's are like Doctors,

some can fix it some can't..

May your car be repaired soon

and in a way not thought of yet...
[Razz]

-

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Able to drop letter off at office. No one was in the office and the place was very busy.

So just left it on the keyboard.

Tried to check on line to see if I will automatically get refills on my meds via the on line pharmacy with humana.

But, could not recall user name and password.

Heath is not doing well enough to get back up and get acct number so Ican retriev eht einfo.

Tying with eyse closed.

I did take the tramadol and gabapetin but it hasnt' kicked in yet and I am feeling worse.

Time to veg again.

concerned about dropping car off at mechancis as I have my camping stuff in it. Not the first time as I usually have my camping stuff in the car...except the food and clothing bag.

But, takign it out is too labor intensive.

Many thing son my mind I would like to do but health is not up to it and hiring smoeone is not in the budget either.

kam
Member # 3410

payne...thank you. like the pic. [Smile]
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I truly think one of the Lyme testing that the

CDC should support is word/sentencing layout,

spelling and related compiling of thoughts,

seem to be a true marker..

I gets bretti god at wreadn & laughing at our selfs.. [dizzy] [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Big Grin] [confused]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

able to be on my feet to wash a few dishes.
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
payne, true about wordage, but people with auditory processing disorder do pretty much the same thing. and there are probably many other things that do it. I would think that anyone with executive functioning issues would have trouble with writing, typing, etc.

If i don't look at wout a I tyoing this is what is prtetty much would look like.- that is my sample. haha

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

Tutu stop exaggeratin!

I said a step stool...one step 6-8"

-
LOL!! You made me laugh! So you step on the stool and get in... and are still able to reach down and pick up the stool? You ARE TALENTED! [lol]

I wouldn't be able to do that. I think I'd fall right out on the ground!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today I woke up with some energy, yay. I actually dusted part of my bedroom. shamed by saying that I have not vacuumed in there since I was diagnosed!!! yes, some how the floor seems to absorb the dust??? We ahve wood floors.

anyway, vacuumig my room has been on my to do list for months. I thnk I will go do it right now!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kam:
Tutu..how is it working out to clear the venting system at your apartments.

-
Well, it's better. My sinuses are not nearly as inflamed. I think it may take awhile to get it all cleared out. Maybe another week.

The smoking is probably what's really bothering you, kam. When our neighbors smoked that one weekend at the old aptm, I thought we were going to die! It was awful!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hi, to AML and payne... hope your day goes well!!

Lisa... Get a Swiffer Sweeper!! I bought my first one this summer and wonder why I never bought one before. I LOVE it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

so tutu, the swiffer is just easier to use, is that it?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes. It picks up way more stuff than I thought it would. So light weight. Be sure to buy the unscented ones though.

The ones you use for mopping are really really scented. Makes me gag.

I found out too late on that!!

I use my Swiffer every week now. Normally, I would not be sweeping or using the vacuum that often. (at least not on the hard floors) I would love to be able to use the vacuum that often again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

thanks!

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

tutu..glad it is better for you.

Yes. the smoking really gets to me.

kam
Member # 3410

LisaK..glad you were able to dust. I am hoping to do that today or this week...long over do.
LisaK
Member # 41384

well, I didn't vacuum yet!!! so much going on here getting 2 kids ready for college!!!

I am making dinner now for one of them that requested chicken gyros.

I did pretty much today but not as much as I wasnted, like vacuuming.

but I did wash dishes, dust a little, did a load of laundry, organized some of my art supplies and wiped down 4 doors and 2 windows. so I feel good about that , but still looking to reach higher in coming days.

I am feeling pretty good today so I am so happy about that

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

kayak..trying to read posts from last week.

When i first came down sick a fellow worker had either a chevy or a ford truck.

I'd like to know which one she had as it was very comfortable.

i had to sell my car due to not being able to work and make the payments.

And I got to the point where driving safely was out too due to health.

So did you keep the truck or are you looking for something less expensive??

using a stool to get into the truck sounds like it would be exhausting ...at least for me.

But, very problem solving to add something to it so you can pull it up after getting in the truck. [Smile]

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long Monday at work. Then off to a union meeting to vote on a crummy contract. I voted "no," but I bet it will pass anyway.

Time to get dinner ready, read the paper and head to bed.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nooooo! gees tutu. pay attention...i wrote that i tied a piece of rawhide to the stool and i pull it up after i am in...i think i wrote that ...thats waht i do...i just read kams post...maybe i didnt write about my rawhide before. sorry.

anyway...my day didnt turn out at planned. duh. i should be used to that by now. roof guy didnt call but bank did and then it seemed i was running from here to there all day til 5pm the first dealer refunded my 200. i put down on the yaris. i have a receipt but it isnt in my account yet

i tried to get them to tell me why they had my credit score 125 points below what the bank has it at. they are telling me it depends what business requests it what it is. that sounds like bs to me. i am an old lady...i cant count how many houses and cars i bought i understand credit scores-there are three companies that do it and the numbers vary a little but not a
100 pts...they insist that is the way it is...anyway...if that is the way it is with them i wont go near them again

so i went to the bank got the check went to the sellers gave them the check and got the title...and by then it was too late to go back to the bank so that is first on the list for tomorrow then i can register it...but i know it needs some work to pass inspection...i plan to visit junk yards tomorrow...been a long time since i did that

and now my phone has died. wont turn on wont take a charge i hate to think about this cuz i was tricked into thinking it was a free phone and it wasnt and i pay for insurance but usually when i try to collect on a claim something goes wrong. and i am way to broke to buy a phone now...and i am so dependent on it...it has addresses and appointemnts and to do lists and pics of my grand daughter...so sad and kinda scared i may have lsot it all...i dont know know anyoones phone numbers

so we'll see.

now-tutu and kam. it did work when my landlord cleaned the vents but he did it twice the same day and it was a complex where no one around me smoked

i was in a townhouse for a month once and when ever anyone else smoked it came in my bathroom vent...it happened all the time. i had to leave.

and those things are why i wanted to buy my own house...a very flat no stairs house...that was open concept to kitchen and bath

i knew it needed some work...but as you all knoe it needed way more than i knew about in the beginning

i dont have much faith landlords will make things right but owning a house is very expensive. worse here than some places...but still. and once you own a house you are not able to get certain types of help. so it is a hard decision to make

and kam...at this point the new (very old) truck is in my yard but not registered or inspected so cant be driven til i work that all out

lisa...when i was sick and raising kids and still working i had to pay someone to vacume and do shower. if i did either of those things i would be in bed...not a t work...so not ok

even after kids were gone i had to get help or the pain would disable me for days.

my son gave me this little electrolux mini vac and since he gave me that i can vacume ...now that i have new floors in half the house i even want to vacume. its pretty neat. not for deep carpets but does my throw rugs and braided rug fine.

it also comes apart so you can have a hand held vac. and no bags. you wash everything and its easy to put back together. really ez cus that is one of my weaknesses and it is ez for me

now...ive been thinking of ak and hope she is ok.

i have to get to the computer to post now with phone broken...not sure if that is good or bad

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. It will be OK. I think all of your information will still be there even if it's out of power. I think.

Find out about the waranty. I bet it is fine.

Someone stole our debit card info and made purchases in another state. Fortunately, I had looked online at my account about one hour after they had charged stuff!

So I called the bank and got the ball rolling. We can go down tomorrow and get a new card but the money they took will not be there until 3-5 business days. Sheesh. So glad I "caught" it before they cleaned us out.

Our friend is opening a brand new show tomorrow and he is the star of it. So cool. My husband has been in several shows with him over the past 15 years. It should be exciting. We hope we can get in free since we have no $$$ until we can get to the bank and get a new card! The show is at 9 a.m.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak..whewph..you are doing great.

glad when thing settle down for you.

kam
Member # 3410

wow. glad you followed your acct on line just in time too!

And the music thing sounds like fun. it will all work out.

[ 08-26-2014, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

LisaK
Member # 41384

what's going on with ak?

I think I missed something

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Lisa. I think we are concerned about AK because she lost a long term furry friend last weekend.

At least that is what I am concerned about.

kam
Member # 3410

took 2 excedrin at 6 awm and got rosie otu to toilet via the power chair

brain is still not kicked in at 8 am..can't seem to even make a list for the caregiver or stay focused long enough to solve the problem of on line ordering for meds

I did dust near the computer..but dust caused me to get even more stuffed up...dirt seemed to fly in my face..i din't thnk iw as that fast with dusting [Smile]

Also had front of dark blue shirt full of dust which i dont' have a clue where that came from

kam
Member # 3410

Able to take a shower. Ran away a bit this am to the forest area. It was good medicine to be there.
kam
Member # 3410

able to walk into ma and pa health food store. They are closing business after 7 yrs of being in thsi area.

So if anyone wants to purchase a health food store it is for sale...they lease the bldg.

Really had trouble with vision while there or was it processing??

I could see the clouds and everything was fine while driving.

It was when I was trying to look at what I was purchasing...need to get in the habit of wearing my glasses and putting them around my neck...see if that works..but whatever i am looking at needs to be at a certain distance

it is a problem i have had since my health went south that i have yet to figure out what to do..happened over night it seems.

I got gf bread, yellow bell peper, veganoise..supposed to be like mayonaise...didnt' ahve what ti tooke to go to grocery store so go tthe veganasie instead as it was convient...

and eggs..i think that is it...$20.00

NO reepit in the bag

I did try and see what tth ecost was fo things I was purchasign but really couldn't do that...again..pricessing??

Or being fogged in.

I was able to figure out one product i get at walmart is around 4.00 and the ma and pa store was selling it around $7.00.

It was the non fat product which you can't get anywhere else in town..but i get the regular fat so dont' care.

watiting until i can get to walmart to get it.

kam
Member # 3410

i have been thinking about this am's purchase. Something is wrong.

Eggs $3.00
Bread $4.00
Bell Pepper ?
Mayonaise ? I think it was around $4.00 but really not sure...I recall having trrouble making a choice as there were so many to choose from so went for the small bottle

I hate it when the brain doesnt' work right. It is a good place run by good people so not sure what went wrong.

I recall him wondering if he had rung up the eggs...maybe he charged me twice for them??

kam
Member # 3410

as you can see my physical exercise and my brain exercise are barely hanging in there some times...most times
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam... I don't suppose you have their email address so you can ask them about the purchases?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kam-sorry to hear the health food store is closing. I like local stores better than Walmart, but they are more expensive.

Very unstable on my feet today. Had to use my trekking poles in the classroom and sit down a lot.

I ran out of parasite worm medication and had to order more and I think they are making a comeback.
I have not felt this lousy teaching in several years. [Frown]

Grilling lamb patties and having squash, carrots, tomatoes and avocado for dinner, so I guess I'd better start preparing it.

These days I eat at 5:30 and am in bed by 9:00 so I can get up around 5:30 A.M. and be at work by 7.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

just got home...thanked my son via email for sending me some phone numbers they are on paper in purse

etta got haircut...she has something wrong with eye...got worse from yesterday but not too bad yet...groomer said wait a few days before going to vet...etaa is rarely sick or hurt thank goodness

i got a peddi while she was "having her hair done"

then bought a few storage type things to help kitchen be more ofganized and a cheap clothes rack

now that half house is really looking good i am ready to have a major yard sale and get rid of lots of stuff...i have clotes in five sizes...some really nice stuff but no walk in closets here so im thinking of having a $1.00 yard sale...maybe i'll get rid of a lot and the ppl who get it will really need it

i also bought bumper from junk yard -it worked out cuz it was near groomer...and the "new" truck is getting inspected friday

i still need to figure out what to do about phone and register the truck...its real hot...too hot for me...and the traffic is crazy i almost got run off the road again this time right in town on the green by a texter...but i had to slam on brakes and beep again loud cuz there was a pedestrian in the wway...he was walking laps like he was supposed to...and he was mad too. im glad someone saw it wasnt my fault...i really dont want to drive anymore

but fixing the phone is 30 miles away toward the tourists...i will register car at really quiet time---thats only a few miles away

glad ak is thru the first part...i had to cry a lot for 6 months after kris went before i could even consider getting a new puppy

crying is ok ak...whatever you have to do

kam----where will you shop? i like my small grocery even thos it is more expensive and we have a lot of farmers markets all year long now for veggies and i buy fruits at the farm and bread a special place too

i have many veggies now too...i ate chic for 3 days now tuna for a few i dont care so much about eating in the heat...i have tons of tomatoes and eat then with scrambled eggs or cottage cheese

tutu-glad you were on top of that debit thing...it happened to pigwit when he was out of the country and it happened so fast i think he lost 1,000. or something

have fun with your mussic

hiker...sure hope your body starts to cooperate...i dont know how i got thru so many years sick as i was

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to send an email to the humana mail in order for prescriptions.

I hope it gets answers. Trying to get my prescriptiosn via the mail now. I have tried several times but wasn't able to get er done.

I did successsfully get one prescription refilled. Not sure how I did that. Now, trying to get the other 2 filled.

Vision is stil an issue more so than baseline today.

kam
Member # 3410

kayak..winter is coming soon..hopefully the traffic will be less.

Is it this weekedn that is labor weekend??

I usually figure that out when I go to the undeveloped housing track area in the forest....the main street thru town is usually backed up with cars starting on Thursday.

kam
Member # 3410

Well, Rosie is giving me the look. I'll be back to read what you all are up too.
kam
Member # 3410

kayak...yes i will miss the ma and pa health food store.

But, when it comes down to it...fresh eggs and the gf bread are the two things i can't purchase anywhere else in town.

the owner said he was going to hook us up with eggs. he is going to talk to the people who bring them in and see if they can't work something out.

the gf bread...well..i'll just have to go back to toasting the gf bread before eating it...the other brands in town just aren't as good as what they sell at the ma and pa health food store.

kam
Member # 3410

hiker...dinner sounds very good at your house. [Smile]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam.. I had to look it up! Yes, next Monday is Labor Day. Glad to know!

hiker.. I sure hope you start feeling better VERY SOON!!!! Also hope the dinner made you feel a bit better.

kayak.. Sorry it's been hot there. REALLY hot here, but will cool down in another day or two and then it will be cooler all the way! I don't expect any more really hot temps.

Hope you can get a new phone soon.

We got our new debit card today. I need to go check our account again. Forgot to!

Glad to hear from AK on the other thread. It's so hard to lose a pet. [Frown]

Nite, nite everyone! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

[hi]
To our BEAUTIFULL FRIENDS HERE...

-

Be beauty full even if it hurts.. [Cool]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu..I will cehck prices when I am in the store again. I did also purchase a new cheese product they had also that I had not factored in.

Just got the smallest one Couldnt really see what I was purchasing. I usually don't due cheese...as I heard we are not supposed to do dairy products but every now and then enjoy some.

kam
Member # 3410

4:45 am Took 2 excedrin. Hoping to be able to go to the grocery store this am.
kam
Member # 3410

I don't know if I mentioned that it was wonderful when I drove Rosie and I out to the forest area and boulder area last night.

Felt a bit like fall with the crisp cool breeze that was blowing.

When I got back, I wished I had been able to go on the 5 min walk on the trail..maybe soon.

We did get a small amt of rain yesterday. Two fo the times was when I looked outside and skies were blue and ground was dry.

Got in my power chair and hooked Rosie to the leash ...went out the door and it started raining...both times...skies still blue...very confusing when it does that.

Short outing...

Flash flood warnings in effect all over the state but so far very little rain here.

Last time the canal in front of the apartments was flowing fast with water. Hoping it rains enough to do that again.

It just lasts a short time...usually dries back up in a couple of hours. ...the canal that is.

kam
Member # 3410

kayak...missed the part about the phone. I'll try and go back and read about it when able.

Also missed the part about what kind of truck you got. Comfortable??

There is an ad on the bulletin board here for a pedi and manicure...but not in the budget.

I'd like to find out how to help my hands..nails no longer grow but the hang nails do..or the dry part splitting near nails..skin

Feet have lots of dead stuff ..I do try and soak feet when health si doing well enough but suaully can't sit upright lon genough to soak them for 15 min.

Feet got hot again last night before bed time..but didn't have what it took to get up and soak them...tried laying down to do it but just ended up geting bed or couch wet.

And bending legs up for 15 min didnt' work either...too weak..maybe next time I will try putting a stack of pillows under legs too help and lay on the floor with my camping mat??

kam
Member # 3410

very labor intensive though. I get exhausted.
kam
Member # 3410

Considered loading power chair and taking it to store this am but decided to conserve energy and use store's elec cart.

Got to store and remembered I did not stop at dog park before hand to let Rosie toilet.

Started to pull out but saw an elec cart in parking lot. Got in it and went to gravel area ...that was torture..no power in elec cart and a slight incline...body started hurting.

But, got the job done.

Not sure hwo ong I was in store. Made it quick. Couldnt' stay long..alll went smoothly...until I got to the point I had no patientce and felt like hittng someone...no strenght to do so...knew it was time to go.

No one in particlular...jsut wanted to lash out due to low health.

Able to put groceries away. Resting now then heding out to forest area.

Started to rain as we were going in the store. Ground was wet when we came out. Glad we were outdoors when it wasn't raining.

Saw a person with a heavier duty ponchol that was long on my way home.

Figured maybe that is what I need. The light weight short poncho I have isn't keeping me dry when I am out in the power chair toileting Rosie.

Nose also started to run and I got stuffed up while in stor.e I did notice a lady behind me in her PJ's and a very wrinkled face whose smelled of stale cigarette smoke...smelled her before I actually turned around to see her.

Taht si when nose started to run.

But, nose also starts to run when health is to low.

I did consdier getting some fans as someon suggested to blow the cigareet smoke from my neighbor out the window.

Not sure hwo that would work. Ghey would need to be quiet. The movement of the fan would also bothter me so need to find a way to put up a barrier so I don't see the movement.

I could put one in my bedroom window on the table that the cat uses to watch out the window....it is a cat stand.

As far as the screen door ..not sure what to do abou ***..anotehr fan but need to find something to set the fan on that is the right height..and the strength *** would take to set it up and move it doesn't seem worth it..so problem not really solved yet.

CAn't do fan on patio as things disappear around here that are left on patio...but that would be the best solution I think...i'll deal with it later.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday-Thank you all for worrying about me. Feeling kind of dead inside since Saturday. Rocky isn't suffering anymore. I'm just hanging on waiting for the pain to subside.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

ALW [group hug]
kam
Member # 3410

Able to fill sink with dishes and hot sudsy water.

Able to cut back open that has avocado's in it. They are not ready to eat yet dang it. [Smile]

Able to put away some of the dishes there were on the drying mat.

Hoping to get up in a few and wash those dishes.

kam
Member # 3410

Also able to make the gf pizza dough. I have had the package for a long time.

I thought i needed to get some yeast in order to make it. But, read directions again and learned the yeast was in the bag and I could make the dough and put it in the frig.

Did this last night. HOping to have what it takes to make the pizza next maybe.

Brain struggles with too many steps most of the time so trying to take this step by step.

kam
Member # 3410

A wild fire group has been camped out in one of the shady areas that I go to with Rosie.

The land they are on is private. It is an undeveloped forest area but homes are slowly being built.

The land backs up to the National Forest and there are lots of trails thru that area. Wonderful place to hike.

I have been tempted several times to set up my tent in the area...but know it is private land.

I have also wondered if it was possible to set up a tent on the National Forest side of things but have yet to find out..I have never seen anyone camping in the area but I only get 5 min in on the trails.

Do you think they would notice Rosie and I if we kind of snuck in and jointe dthem and set up my tentt while they were there??

Just kiddin. I think Rosie would give us away...especially when we got in the chow line. [Smile]

IN the past, I have seen one van in the area with the chain saw and clean up crew.

This year is is big....lots of vehicles...and equipment..equipment that chops up the trees and brush on site..that truck is full, emptied some where and then is filled up again.

It is a good thing they are doing as far as fire control or prevention in the area.

It also woul be a very good job for those who like the outdoors and taking care of trails and the forest. Pretty cool.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like you've had a pretty good day, kam!

So is the group clearing brush or just training??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

wow-another hot one i didnt go anywhwere...the neighbors put my trash out by the road for me...i started moving around about noon...hard to wake up...i did a few things:

put clothes rack together
put double lazy susan together
hung ironboard and iron rack on the back of exercise room door-the iron board hangs right but not the iron

then at 7 i went out as sun went down and watered the plants that were wilting...etta went with me at first but was too hot so went in before i was half done

i didnt see the snake this time

i just had a tomato...im ready for bed again...it was really hard to get the computer on ... i hope that doesnt break it finally let me come here but it wont go to yahoo and i need that to talk to my neighbors

kam-the truck is 2004 chevy silverado, 1500, extended cab with lots of push buttons

i only drove it 5 min as test drive...it was perky getting on highway...not used to an 8...13 miles a gallon doesnt sound so good...but the monthly payment is good...it still isnt on the road...needs work done

hang in ak...if you let yourself feel the hurt when it comes up it goes away sooner...i still look up and talk to kris...and sometimes he comes to me in my dreams

--------------------

AML94
Member # 44454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AML94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday and today have been bad. My mom took me to get a haircut yesterday and then I crashed. Did nothing else yesterday and nothing today. I'm back to everything HURTING.

I had to stop treatment a few weeks ago because I got very sick. I see my LLMD Friday to discuss where we go from here.

Posts: 27 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

AML Hair cuts can be exhausting. Hope you are doing better soon.
kam
Member # 3410

kayak..truck sounds nice What color??
kam
Member # 3410

Able to wash a few dishes. Not able to be on my feet as long as I would have liked...est 5 min if that.
kam
Member # 3410

Tutu..drove by where the group was this evening and they are gone now. They were clearing brush.

Lots of stacked fire wood all over the place.

I wanted to help myself so I would have firewood for camping but too labor intensive for me.

I know it would take about a year to dry out also..I assume.

I am sure others will come along and help themselves.

kam
Member # 3410

Cool here. We got a little rain this evening.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for info, kam!

Kayak .. S N A K E ??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Finally got the litter bags for the cat to the dumpster. I didn't realize how many had accumulated.

I scoop out her business from the litter box and hang the plastic bag over the small wooden fence outside my door until I am able to take it to the trash.

Took Rosie out to toilet. I was still in pj's and robe..still am. Didn't ahve shoes on so went back with shoes on to pick up her deposit.

Next is to plug in large power chair to charge.

kam
Member # 3410

Got bill from neuro's office visit. I did not pay last month's bill of $150 for my share.

So they added $30 to the bill. Not sure what to do about this bill.

I guess make payments..but dragging my feet.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to put two containers back that I had pulled out to clean awhile back and then health went south.

Still wasnt' able to celan them but at least I was able to get them from under foot.

Able to plug in big boy power chair to charge batteries.

Finally able to read expiration date on baby kale

And tried to read how to cook on the frozen fish I got but wasn't able to een with glasses...going to ry a different pair of glasses next.

kam
Member # 3410

i tis heating up here the next few days and next weekk.

No summer storms to cool it down.

But, if health gets well enough to go camping next week...I think I will go any way.

I will only be 10 min from home..i think..and if need be can come home during the day when it gets too hot...i hope.

kam
Member # 3410

AT least I won't have to be concerned about getting something to cover my power chair.

I"d like to bring the big boy power chair so I can travel further while I am there.

There is a camp ground across frm the one I camp at that I might be able to let Rosie be off leash on.

It is a horse camp but the roads are not paved so the big boy power chair would work better and be more comfortable.

It works better on asphalt roads to so I can cruise around the campground site I am at more.

kam
Member # 3410

I would need to set up a drop off and pick up time with the senior van for the power chair.
LisaK
Member # 41384

finally vacuumed our bedroom!!

yay

but it needs a good mopping now. hopefully tomorrow.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

AML hang in there!

I get so discouraged too sometimes.

I will say prayer for you

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to make the pizza...kind of..I need practice.
hiker53
Member # 6046

Pizza--sounds better than the leftovers I am having tonight.

Had a pretty good day with my legs yesterday and most of today, but by the end of the teaching day the legs were going out again.

Did get my parasite med in the mail today. Will check with energy healer tomorrow that it is safe to take. Hope so as I would like to take it for at least 2 weeks and get rid of these suckers.

Not doing much exercise these days and my gardens really need weeding.

Supposed to rain all weekend--bummer since it is a 3 day weekend for me. Might be able to get some weeding done in between rainstorms.

LisaK--Vacuum? What's that? You are setting a bad example for me! LOL

I'll check in tomorrow.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement