LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » DO YOU REMEMBER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DO YOU REMEMBER
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the walk down memory lane
Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna play concentration right now!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There he is! My buddy! My friend! Mr. Potatoe Head!

[hi]

And my xylophone too!

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3- That's jingle bells! I do remember. I do!

The only thing missing is the music for my new record player! A song I played possibly 1,000 or more times until I got a second record to play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx06XNfDvk0

Thanks Steve! I feel like a kid again!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry

Seems to help, I know, downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty

How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

So go downtown

Things will be great when you're downtown
No finer place for sure, downtown
Everything's waiting for you
Don't hang around and let your problems surround you

There are movie shows downtown
Maybe you know some little places to go to
Where they never close downtown
Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
You'll be dancing with 'em too before the night is over

Happy again
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

So go downtown
Where all the lights are bright, downtown
Waiting for you tonight, downtown
You're gonna be alright now, downtown
Downtown

Downtown
And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to

Guide them along
So maybe I'll see you there
We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares

So go downtown
Things will be great when you're downtown
Don't wait a minute more, downtown
Everything is waiting for you, downtown

Downtown (downtown)
Downtown (downtown)
Downtown (downtown)
Downtown (downtown)

Add one that you love>>>>>

-

Steve

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a vintage Slinky in the flea market last month. I chose not to pay $5 for it though.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know Petula Clarks song too! Wow! I'm impressed!

[Big Grin]

I found a site- and I can't believe I just spent 15 minutes looking at toy pictures (thanks Steve)- but there are some fun things there. Makes me smile.

http://tiny.cc/a7u18x

My favorites?

Mr. Potatoe Head
Record Player
Gumby
Jack in the Box
Ballerina & Tap Shoes
Crayons & Coloring Books
Metal Pot Holder Loom
Etch A Sketch
Wooly Willy
Hoola Hoop
Bicycle

UGGG! Time to grow up and get back to reading about ticks in China! Thanks for the "fun break" from reality.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey TuTu, Steve- how many times did you topple down the stairs playing with a slinky?

I can hear my mother in the kitchen now after I beat and banged down several steps and would hit the bottom landing- "Are you ok?"

It was so often she didn't even bother to run and check on me after the first 50 times or so. If the noise was really loud she'd say- "Put the slinky away now and come in the dining room and do some coloring".

[lol]

Oh, and silly putty. I liked that a lot.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

OMG - I was one of those kids too, always falling and getting hurt. After so many times/years mom just didn't have the time to worry about it!!!!

silly putty was one of my best play times...

-

Love this stuff

-

Steve

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No stairs at our house! So no falling!!

Hey, Tincup. Are you related to Dan Quayle?

"Mr. Potato Head" to you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

steve1906
Member # 16206

I'm sorry,,,I can't help it...

-

-

Steve

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

Never Forget the Time Dan Quayle Misspelled "Potato"

Who knew a simple tuber could do so much damage?

In 1992, Vice President Dan Quayle was visiting Rivera Elementary School in Trenton, New Jersey, and jumped in to help facilitate a spelling bee. William Figueroa, age 12, was called to the board to demonstrate how to spell “potato.”

With a stick of chalk and perfect penmanship, Figueroa carefully spelled the word correctly on the board.

The student stepped back, satisfied—until the Veep himself urged the young man to tack another letter on to the end to make the spelling “correct.”

Despite the ensuing applause from the adults in the room, Figueroa knew he had spelled it correctly the first time. “I kept thinking, ‘How the hell did I spell ‘potato’ wrong?’” he later said.

What most people don’t know (or don’t remember) is that Quayle was looking at a flash card provided by the school that had the “correct” answer on it, spelled incorrectly. So, yes, Quayle did mess up—but so did the school.

Whether Quayle should have known better (yes) or the school should have known better (yes), that one little letter was the vowel heard ‘round the world, damaging Quayle's credibility and adding to the public's perception that the vice president wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Quayle was embarrassed, of course. He later wrote in his memoir Standing Firm that “It was more than a gaffe. It was a ‘defining moment’ of the worst imaginable kind. I can’t overstate how discouraging and exasperating the whole event was.”

-

Steve

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

-

Steve

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

There you are! So good to see you!!

And I love your Pez-Pop-Pez picture. I spent a good bit of my babysitting money on them as a kid.

But still, my heart went to thumping when I saw, once again, my Mr. Potatoe Head!

Oh, and of course you too Steve.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

HEY! I just saw where you'd been slapping me around for what some might say is mis-spelling POTATOE.

For your information... When someone asks how I spell potatoe, I spell it p-o-t-a-t-o-e.

If you want to spell it differently go for it, then move along I say, move along.

It's the rebel in me, you know. Always spelled it that way and always will. He is MY Mr. Potatoe Head!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

That is kinda of funny when you consider I JUST got off Skype with a child I was helping with their spelling homework for the past 90 minutes. This weeks words...

how growl tough owl drown gown south scout cloud round ground found rough mouth through town clown down brown shout frown plow count

When we get to "potatoe" the child will have to get their parents help. Don't want to cause anyone problems with getting into college!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember pogo sticks and stilts? Roller skates?

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8904 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Hey POTATOE/Tin, your the best, you always make me laugh.

Remembers these...

-

-

Steve

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Signs along the roadside saying Last Chance Texaco- yes, I remember them well! Makes me smile.

Ricky Lee Jones has a song called Last Chance Texaco. It was on the same album I believe as this song- Chuck E's in love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnMU7J7dAw

Never did understand what she was saying in Last Chance Texaco (the hidden meaning)- but I used that quote- Last Chance Texaco- to try to make a point with folks when things weren't going as they should. Tuff, ain't I? HA!

And no one in the whole world knows that. Never told ANYONE what it meant or where it came from. So YOU heard it first. Yippee for you!

Here is Last Chance Texaco by Rickie Lee Jones. Might go nicely with some cannabis oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZWRPse9BZ8

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Rosie was bit before my time- quite a bit actually. But, I do know of her. She was from Kentucky if I remember right?

And thanks a lot Steve! Instead of doing what I am suppose to be doing, I'm enjoying Rickie Lee Jones music. Blaming it on you is good for me!

If you want to keep up... Danny's All Star Joint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JkT3p6H4Ws

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

OK, Mr. Do You Remember.. now you've got me going way back! Fine and dandy if you do laundry and want to stop by and do mine. Otherwise I need help.

If I click Download here on this site, am I getting zapped, virused, scammed or whatever? Or will I get free songs to play on my computer from this album?

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/roger_harcourt_band

I have the original album, but no record player. Would love to put it in I-tunes so I can hear it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

I Live on the dangerous side, so I opened your link - But I don't see any free songs....
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/roger_harcourt_band

A long stretch of headlights
Bends into I-9
Tiptoe into truck stops
And sleepy diesel eyes
Volcanoes rumble in the taxi
And glow in the dark
Camels in the driver's seat
A slow, easy mark

But you ran out of gas
Down the road a piece
Then the battery went dead
And now the cable won't reach...

It's your last chance
To check under the hood
Last chance
She ain't soundin' too good,
Your last chance
To trust the man with the star
You've found the last chance Texaco

Well, he tried to be Standard
He tries to be Mobil
He tried living in a world
And in a shell
There was this block-busted blonde
He loved her - free parts and labor
But she broke down and died
And threw all the rods he gave her

But this one ain't fuel-injected
Her plug's disconnected
She gets scared and she stalls
She just needs a man, that's all

It's her last chance
Her timing's all wrong
Her last chance
She can't idle this long
Her last chance
Turn her over and go
Pullin' out of the last chance Texaco
The last chance

-

“ROSIES” IN THE WORK FORCE
While women worked in a variety of positions previously closed to them during World War II, the aviation industry saw the greatest increase in female workers.

More than 310,000 women worked in the U.S. aircraft industry in 1943, making up 65 percent of the industry’s total workforce (compared to just 1 percent in the pre-war years).

The munitions industry also heavily recruited women workers, as illustrated by the U.S. government’s “Rosie the Riveter” propaganda campaign.

Based in small part on a real-life munitions worker, but primarily a fictitious character, the strong, bandanna-clad Rosie became one of the most successful recruitment tools in American history, and the most iconic image of working women in the World War II era.

In movies, newspapers, posters, photographs and articles, the Rosie the Riveter campaign stressed the patriotic need for women to enter the work force.

On May 29, 1943, The Saturday Evening Post published a cover image by the artist Norman Rockwell, portraying Rosie with a flag in the background and a copy of Adolf Hitler’s racist tract “Mein Kampf” under her feet. Though Rockwell’s image may be the most commonly known version of Rosie the Riveter, her prototype was actually created in 1942 and featured on a poster for the Westinghouse power company under the headline “We Can Do It!”

Early in 1943, a popular song debuted called “Rosie the Riveter,” written by Redd Evans and John Jacob Loeb, and the name went down in history.

Steve

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Very interesting! And from such a brilliant fellow too! Thanks for the good read.

And the pot pic too. HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

1961 Rolling hoops
 -

1953 WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR
 -

1959 - YUMMY - Cranberry Souffle Salad
 -

Steve

[ 10-28-2016, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: steve1906 ]

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Never saw the rolling hoops before. Love the kids outfits and those shoes. And I am sorry, that egg salad doesn't look too great to me, and I'm hungry.

Cranberry, maybe?

BTW- I've never been that excited about a new recipe before. Maybe I need to drop to my knees and throw my hands in the air to celebrate when I do try one.

Or maybe its because I am not wearing a dress and heels when I cook?

Hellmans Mayo! Still around. The race in Talledaga last weekend was called the Hellman's 500. Too cute! As was the winner, Joey Logano. That boy has a smile bigger than his whole face.

Thanks for the distractions- nice ones!

Stay tuned this weekend for the Goody's Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville.

Anyone remember the Goody's 500 Headache Powder? It's a southern thing.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

-

Steve

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

-

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

It's Little Joe and Hoss! Hey guys, what you doing tonight?

I giggle!

Can't see the picture just above me. So listen up my friend, if you are going to do this, try, just TRY, to get it right!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

We had one phone like this in our house back in the day!

-

Steve

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Us too.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement