LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...What can you do today? Oct. 29, 2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...What can you do today? Oct. 29, 2017
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you walk, jump, jiggle or roll? Anything goes for exercise here! Some days it's going from the bed to the couch or gentle stretching to walking, swimming, weight lifting, mountain climbing or a full blown marathon!

What have you done today?

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6205 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bundled up with my winter jacket, cap, and gloves and went for a 25 minute walk.

Put away the hose from the back. Will leave the front one out for another week or so to clean off the mower.

My aunt in Alabama, who is 95, had a stroke, and is now in assisted living. I went down and saw her 2 summers ago and that is when I met AK. Please say prayers for my aunt Dorothy. (and my mom who has a tooth pulled tomorrow)

Am reading this afternoon. May turn the Astros on again tonight.

[ 10-29-2017, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8970 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow hiker! 25 min. Right now that seems like an impossibility.but I know I've don 20 pretty regularly when I don't have to use so much energy on house

I really hope I get back to more taking care of me and Etta and less taking care of the house pretty soon

I spent 9 hrs today picking up stuff the storm could blow around

I needed 3 long rests to do it

I need to eat...I think...but I can't think of anything I could get down

I need to pack in ice and get supps in me too

Can't seem to move toward kitchen. I need to shower too. The scar is more red and swollen but not itchy. I don't have fever so guess I will just shower and put med on it

My arms hurt a lot

I am so tired. Maybe if I check weather I 'll get an adrenalin rush and do something

My car is in the carport tho...and nothing outside to blow around

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, you two!!

I don't see how you are able to do all of that, kayak. Hats off to you!

Hiker .. I didn't walk 25 minutes but I did a lot of standing and walking today.

Not a good idea to watch the Astros tonight. Sigh.

We had one service today at church. It was Reformation Sunday! 500 years! We watched an amazing film after we had communion .. and of course we sang "A Mighty Fortress is Our God!"

The DVD was by Steves .. I'll have to look up his first name. He has great documentary films. This one was on Martin Luther. It was pretty incredible.

Then I went to my OCC friend's packing party. That's the 17 yr old who went to Madagascar this summer for OCC. I worked there for about an hour and a half.

Got something to eat, bought some mints for my OCC table. Ran home to change into my OCC shirt and then off to the "Trunk or Treat" at the other Lutheran church.

I was there from 3 pm until about 6 pm. Got to chat with several old friends and shared the program with about 10-15 people. Most there were families with little kids and all they wanted was their food and to see their kids in the costume contest.

It was fun and I enjoyed it. I think I may have made some good contacts. We'll see... I know I planted some seeds. I may ask the pastor if I can speak to the congregation. They reminded me that they have a Saturday evening service. That would be easy for me to attend.

I'm pretty sure we'll at least get some shoeboxes out of it. I handed out about 6 boxes.

Watching the World Series now. The Astros are finally making a comeback after being down 4-0 .. Now it's 4-4 in the 4th!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Waited for handyman this morning but he was a no show. So around 2:00 Josh called and I went over and helped him buy stuff to secure fencing where his dog was getting out. It was hard work and took two of us to do it. We attached additional fencing to posts and a tree to block a corner that had a gap where she was escaping. Then Josh reinforced the bottom with cinder blocks.

We finished about 6:30. I'm in bed now and had to take advil.

Hiker-Don't know how you did 25 minutes. I'm so out of shape! I sure will pray for your Aunt and
Mom!

Kayak-Hang in there and don't overdo!

TuTu-Glad things are working out on OCC!

Sorry gang...falling asleep!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6205 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have power but I watched weather and things are ramping. Up. I now until 7 a m is worst...60 mph winds and total 2 inches rain...but we just had 3 straight days of rain...that was 3 to 4 inches

I decided my bedroom is safest room...I don't think any trees can reach here

If the winds get crazy I guess I 'll sit in hall

I didn't finish. There's still a pile of stuff that should come in in front of slider. But I really couldn't. I couldn't shower either. I washed with wipes

A K that reminds me of fixing fence where a pony used to get out

Hope they win tutu...sounds like it will be a long night. Now what you did today sounds more exhausting than what I did. I normal person could do what I did in 2 hrs

Sleep tight! Say a prayer I don't lose power for long. Nite.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This game is nuts....... 12-11 Astros in th 9th inning. Both teams are running out of pitchers.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

They tied it up and we won 13-12 in the 10th inning. Most exciting game I've ever seen. They'll be talking about this one for decades.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

A gust woke me up. We still have power so I decided to have a hot cup of coffee.

There's about 250k out of power...like hurricane sandy

I'm trying to get house warm and dry...have my candles ready...but greatful I made it thru the night with power

Worst is over they say but another 6 hrs of wind and rain

50mph now....supposed to get less and less

See you later

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow .. that's awesome that you still have power! God is good!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Still have power. Sun rain clouds on and off. Wind switches to west now and they say there will be more outages.

I got dressed looked around...amazing how few of my things flew around

I washed my hair and started laundry

I'm lying down again. I'm tuckered out...probably will fall asleep

I need a shower... But it will have to wait

I wish someone was in contact with tincup. Its been 2 weeks. Hope she isn't hurt

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope things have settled down now, LP!!

Here is a synopsis of the crazy game last night:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/30/16568546/2017-world-series-game-5-dodgers-astros-wat
(complete with a short video) The ones on Facebook are awesome, but can't bring them here, I don't think.

The game was over at 12:48 .. Good thing hiker went to bed early!

I was up until 2 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00. Taking a nap right now sounds great, but I need to make a run to the store real quick.

Hope everyone is having a good day! It's sunny and in the upper 50's here. Really nice day and I need to get OUT!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terribly windy here, but probably not the winds Lp experienced.

I rode the exercise bike for 12 minutes.

Tutut--You have the night off from baseball to rest up for tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8970 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Talk about an emotional roller coaster! Wow .. my brother was going to play golf with someone today and he told me he had been awake all night.

Not sure if he went or not....probably did, even though he doesn't play very often. He goes for the socializing.

(regarding the wild World Series game of Sunday night)

[ 10-30-2017, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker ... Recap of Game 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2gQBfAjawg

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Monday-Had a followup with eye doc and he's not to pleased with my appearance. It's dropped some but he said it looks great but the other eye is way to open. I reminded him again he had removed part of my eyelid for a biopsy on that eye and he wants me to do exercises to try and drop THAT lid a little. Sheesh!

Have another followup in March and he mentioned something about maybe another surgery on the wide open eye. I don't think so!

Kayak-Stay safe and warm! We just had our heat fixed today. Been without since it got colder.

TuTu-The game sounds awesome and exciting! I wouldn't be able to sleep either.

Hiker-I really have to get on an exercise program again! I'm losing quite a bit of muscle and feel it when I'm doing heavier manual labor. Kudos on the workout!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Etta woke me at 5 with her trachea collapse cough. She coughed for an hour and a half bringing up white foam. Very scary

At 815 vet saw her. Confirmed trachea collapse with xray. Confirmed not heart worm with blood test

But he said something must have triggered it since it has never been this bad. The timing is right for my daughters dogs to have exposed Etta to a bug. Esp the new one she rescued

He is treating her for bronchitis and the trachea collapse. He said he's pretty sure this is what it is. None of the dogs got real sick cuz they all had shots. But the new dog is probably carrying something

The vets computers weren't working because of the storm. Still about 100k without power

Canada guys are coming to save us. I still feel so lucky about not losing power

Soooo. I did a whole lot more standing and lifting her and sitting and waiting than I am used to. So that is exercise

I'm hoping to nap...but she just started vomiting. It might be cuz she just had 3 meds. Vet will call back

Hope everyone has a better day than Etta is having.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's awful!! So sorry to hear about Etta. I hope she gets better VERY soon!!

Yes, what a blessing that you still have power when so many are without. Sounds like they are making pretty good progress on restoring power.

Our little Manchester (from childhood) used to wheeze and get really sick. It was likely heart worms, but I don't know. That was before they gave all the dogs heart worm medicine on a regular basis.

GET WELL, ETTA!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Jose Altuve .. MVP candidate and Astros team leader

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2017/october/astros-jose-altuve-live-your-life-the-way-god-wants-you-to

Great article!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Sending well wishes to you and to Etta.

AK--Well, looks like your exercise program is going to begin with eyelid pushups or pulldowns. Bummer.

Rode exercise bike for 15 minutes.

Am going to be a Halloween humbug and go deliver a few pieces of candy to neighbor's for their grandkids and then shut off outside lights and close the curtains.

Walking down the steps to get to the front door every time it rings is a bit much for me today.

Will watch some of the Astros game, but will have to root for them in my dreams as they play way too late for me.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Omg this is hard. Now it's diarrhea. Horrible . the only place she gets comfortable enough to sleep makes me get really uncomfortable. She's refusing to drink water or eat rice. Doc wants to talk at 8 a.m.

Oh my goodness. What a day.

Hmm. I just turned tv on. Just heard about NYC. One son is there but don't think he should be near the Westside. Not really sure

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. I'm so sorry that Etta is so ill! You might want to find out the location of a pet emergency clinic, just in case.

I'm really nervous about the World Series .. arrghh! I know all the players have got to be nervous too!

Game Time!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Emergency Vet Clinics in NH:

https://www.veterinarians.com/services/emergency/nh/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Happy Halloween Candy Day!

Josh and I were bad and went to the buffet again. I'm steadily gaining the weight back! Arg!!

I brought some organic apples and caramel dip to his house. We watched a very creepy, scary movie for Halloween. Now I'm hoping I can sleep.

Does screaming and jumping out of your skin count as exercise?

Kayak-Poor little Etta! I sure hope she recovers quickly!

TuTu-Watching the World Series counts as exercise!

Hiker-You made me laugh! Yes, I guess the eye pushups count as exercise.

You all are awesome! See ya tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thx tutu. The one close to me is in Portsmouth. They are wonderful. I talked to them before regular vet opened yesterday. Then an hour later regular vet saw her

So!!! She's on the mend as of 7 this morning. She ate half teaspoon of chic and rice and was fine for an hour. Her sass is coming back. She's mad I'm keeping her confined in 2x4 space lined with potty pads.

I cannot clean up more D. Today...it took 4 washing yesterday...I ended up using Windex with ammonia! And then had fans blowing air out for hours

At 8 I gave her another half teaspoon. And she peed a tiny bit. She wants more food...but I'm going slow. I will check in with doc at 9

I'm tired but sick too with g i stuff. But I'm still not back on all my regular supps etc since surgery

I worked hard outside 2 days before storm. And then next 2 days I worked hard putting together 3 shelves and hand washing a bunch of laundry so I think I'm on the mend

But all of this goofed me up. I had histamine cough the whole time I was in vet office yesterday and I was so worried about her I forgot about me

When I got home I realized and took zyrtec and pepcid a few times...had benadryl ready but didn't use

I have a lot of phlegm in throat tho. If I weasnt worried about her I'd be worried about me

I have a few days of cleaning up and catching up on my care

I do have really important appt with oncologist tomorrow. In the past I have waited 3-4 hrs for her. I'm trying to figure out how to leave Etta in a safe way so I can go. I think I 'll baricaid her in hall and laundry room. Laundry room is her normal potty pad place. Hall is about 3x5 feet...all vinyl...she won't like it but I think it makes sense

Ok...I might nap til 9 but after I feed her again and talk to vet I really need a shower

Oh...my son texted me he is Fine...but he's closer than I thought. About 5 miles away

So glad he got back to me quickly so I can put it out of my mind

Hope everyone has a good day.

So I guess no one has heard from tincup...right?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm so happy Etta is better today...

Tincup:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/37334 scroll to the bottom

I'll be back later.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I can't do scary movies.

Tutu--Bet you are on pins and needles for the game tonight.

Lp--Glad Etta is on the mend.

Did lab work at school today. Then went to rec center for senior citizens. Walked 20 minutes (raining and 40 outside).

Met a woman there who lapped me. She is a breast cancer survivor and was so encouraging. Hope I see her again.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's awesome you are going to the senior center. I like indoor exercise!

Yes, I'm nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

ARRRGGHH!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's 5-0 Astros in the 2nd inning!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

5-0 .. 4th inning

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

5-1 7th inning

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Ton of errands with Mom and did 2 loads of laundry. Ex needed help and clarification in regards to court ordered life insurance on himself to cover existing mortgage in which I'm still a co-borrower.

Wish he could refi but it's not gonna happen on that old double wide on 4 acres of land in Alabama.

Was happy to hear about Etta recovering, workout at the senior center and awesome baseball!

Life is good!

See you all tomorrow!

[kiss]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The ASTROS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!! I AM STILL IN SHOCK! SO EXCITED!!!

[woohoo]

5-1 ASTROS!

We beat the Red Sox, the Yankees and the Dodgers to win the World Series. How awesome is that!??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

GREAT appt with oncologist. I love that woman. I don't say that about many docs. More later. She's solving all problems. Ps. She has a shih tzu

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Glad your appointment went well.

Tutu--Come back down to earth sometime. [Big Grin]

No exercise today. Knee bothering me, so thought I would take day off.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

NOPE .. Gonna fly HIGH as long as I can!!

I'm beginning to come down from my adrenaline high. I'm tired!

I was up until 2 a.m. The game was over before 11:30.

Gotta call my brother! Have only texted him since the win. He was pretty thrilled .. he's so lucky to be in Houston!

Hope your knee is better soon .. and kayak .. Happy news on the oncologist!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-One load of laundry and tons of errands. Picked up a couple Christmas gifts too! Made stir-fried pork and asparagus for me and Mom for dinner. It was delicious and my Mom loved it! Her appetite is poor and am so glad she enjoyed her dinner.

Kayak-Happy to hear your appointment went so well. How's little Etta today?

Hiker-Hope your knee starts to feel better.

TuTu-Yay! I'm celebrating with you and doing the chicken dance!

[spinning smile]

Night gang!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Happy for you tutu! And for Houston.

This is turning into a long week. Etta was getting better until last night when I started her back on zithromax and really gross diarrhea came back. It looks like some 8 inch worms are coming out but vet doesn't think its worms

I ordered milder soap cuz my doc thinks the incision rash is contact dermatitis. I've been doing all my laundry by hand for awhile. Its hard on my hands and shoulders. I hope I'm getting it clean enough

Doc thinks is special t shirt from hospital cuz rash is only where that hits incision

I got about 5 hrs Sleep. I'm tired. Need to get going to vet. Hope to rest the rest of the day

Its starting to get cold here. Hope everyone has a good day

--------------------

moonchild13
Member # 50622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonchild13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aklnwlf:
Can you walk, jump, jiggle or roll? Anything goes for exercise here! Some days it's going from the bed to the couch or gentle stretching to walking, swimming, weight lifting, mountain climbing or a full blown marathon!

What have you done today?

[woohoo]

I go 3-4 times a week to Pilates Reformer classes. I was never a fitness buff and even less while I've been sick, but a friend convinced me to come and try a demo class and I was instantly hooked. It feels so good to push and pull and stretch your body it was like I was rediscovering it all over again. My muscles are getting much stronger and overall I feel more youthful.The whole social and mental aspect is a huge part too; I actually feel 'normal', when people ask what I do for fun I can talk all about it (I pretty much only leave my house for Pilates, Dr appointments, groceries and the occasional meeting at work) I have an excuse to wear cute exercise clothes [Big Grin]

I started IV abx last week so I can't go to class while my peripheral line is in, I'm too worried about it slipping out if I overdo it.I'll be limiting myself to once a week during the window of time my line is out, that makes me sad. I'll have to compensate with walking or something, bring my Pokemon Go game back out [dizzy]

--------------------
Bit in 2008. Diagnosed and began tx in 2014. Remission in late 2015, all tests clear. Back to CDC positive WB in early 2017. currently on IV abx.

Posts: 8 | From Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi moon child. We have a big range of people and amount of exercise here...but I'm not sure I've heard Pilates and iv in the same post. It sounds like you are not gonna let Lyme win! Good for you and welcome

So guys I'm back from vet and glad they agreed I could just keep her on bland diet and probiotic until Monday morning and talk to them then about restarting zith.

I'm not convinced there is a bug to kill. No fever or bloodwork showing exposure. She keeps getting better until she is given heartworm med or zith. I hope they agree to just wait and see ... Maybe she 'll just get better

We had lunch and are cuddled down for nap. House is such a mess but I really need to sleep

See ya later

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Moonchild-Welcome. Glad you have enjoyed Pilates. Sorry you have to do the I.V. I had one for about 6 months. I even mowed the lawn with it in. No wonder it broke. LOL

Now I mainly walk or ride my exercise bike.

Another week of teaching is in the books. Kids were really good today. Guess they are out of their Halloween candy and no more sugar highs.

Grocery shopped after work.

So beautiful out today. In the mid 50's, sunny and the trees are full of color. Nary a leaf has been shed, yet, so I may be raking in bitter cold temps.

Walked for 20 minutes with my trekking poles.

Plan just to relax, watch some T.V. and read tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I agree, kayak .. I bet she doesn't need the antibiotic. Hope she will be fine by Monday.

AK .. I didn't mean to leave you out yesterday! Between the Astros and Operation Christmas Child, I'm close to being nuts!

We worked for about 5 hours today getting ready for the packing party tomorrow. Just praying I survive! It will be a long day tomorrow. I better get to bed early tonight. None of that "watching baseball until midnight!" [Big Grin]

I got to watch the Astros parade live in Houston. That was cool. Hooray for social media!

moonchild... Welcome! One of our moderators (sixgoofykids) teaches Pilates. She knows it played a big role in her recovery .. KEEP GOING!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-No exercise today. Had a clinic appointment to see a dermatologist. Was treated by a PA instead but not complaining because with no health insurance I paid only $30 to have a growth frozen off.

Then straight to Josh's to wait for gas company to get the heat going. Put my time to great use with about 4 hours of studying. Need to get my insurance CE studies done and take my tests.

Moonchild-Welcome! Way to go on the Pilates! Hard to do stuff with a Picc line in. I was cleaning a church once a week when I had mine in and really tried not to sweat much.

Kayak-Hope you find out what's causing the skin irritation. I need to get some shut eye myself. A handyman is supposed to come over in the morning to take those gutters down that I couldn't manage.

TuTu-You and me are both nuts because I didn't notice anything. Think I'm frying my brain with all the studying! I can tell my memory isn't what it used to be. Don't work to hard!

Hiker-Kudos on the 20! I have to get up early tomorrow so am shooting for some yardwork as exercise. Won't do to much because my shoulder is still tweaked but doing better.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I don't even know what to say. I feel like I'm chasing my tail. Slowly solving small problems. Then 2 new ones pop up.

Ettas holding her own. Acts almost normal but gi not working

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--good for you for studying. I bet it is hard to get motivated. Hope the handyman came to fix the gutters.

Lp--Hope Etta continues to improve.

Today was cook and clean day. Cooked some pork and chicken and made a batch of spaghetti sauce--put in freezer to pull out as week goes on.

Also cooked up some cranberries. I love cranberries and the season is so limited.

Went to the library and post office.

Walked 22 minutes.

A friend is stopping by tonight for a gabfest. Haven't seen her in awhile so looking forward to it.

Strong storms predicted for tomorrow with golf ball sized hail and potential tornadoes.

It is almost exactly 2 years to the day tomorrow that I was stuck at church with tornadoes around us and one tornado wiped out a lot of a nearby town. I may be skipping church tomorrow.

Remember to turn your clocks back.

[ 11-04-2017, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank goodness we get to turn our clocks back an hour because I'm running on empty!!

We had a GREAT time at the OCC packing party. So much FUN!

Last year we had about 12 people attend (the most ever) .. This year I think our grand total was 23 and hubby stopped by late to pray with us (again.) He was so sweet to do that on his way to work.

I had a friend from Texas who helped out. She's the leader for the drop-off location in her city in Victoria, TX. I've known her mom for years and her best friend is one of my "old" best friends from teaching.

My other friend Linda, from OCC volunteers was there too. She's the Dodgers fan. She's putting us in the newspaper again. Soon, I will have worldwide fame. [Big Grin] [lol]

Praising God that I felt better today than I did yesterday and that I survived the whole thing.

We packed 252 boxes and for a church with an average attendance of 65. That's pretty darned good! I know we will have about 270 by the time it's all said and done.

---

Hiker.. the gabfest sounds great!

AK.. I'm impressed with the studying!

kayak .. Just take it slow and steady.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Handyman was here at 9:00 on the dot! Removed back and one side of gutters for only $40! Yay! I don't have to do it! He said if I need help with anything else to call him.

Divorce support group and church was awesome. My brother was playing lead guitar this weekend and I was so proud to see him up there.

TuTu-That's a ton of work! It's got to be so rewarding.

Kayak-Glad little Etta is on the mend!

Hiker-Way to go on the exercise! How do you make your cranberries?

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement