LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Where's Cobweb?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's Cobweb?????
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a friend of Carol's for a couple of years and have been asked to post this email for her. I was asked to not edit any of it so I have copied it as mailed. If you are a friend, it should answer the above question. lymemomtooo

Hi LymeMOmTooo,

I'm sorry I was unable to join you this weekend. I had been looking forward to our visit, a chance to dodge the waves together-and drip some ColdStone, too.

However, I was booted so far into orbit by Lymenet I could not regain my balance in time to make the trip. From this post by Lou B I get the impression he thinks I am a troll-

"We needed to use this Topic in order to conduct an investigation of suspect used activity. We've been watching, recording, tracing used activity and working with a couple of ISP's. The investigation is now complete.

A single individual, over a long period of time, has registered a number of times, using various email addresses and creating a variety of UserNames in order to
post ficticious information, creat friction among the users and simply act stupidly.

The identified individual has been blocked and locked and will no longer be able to access the LymeNetFlash. In addition, their ISP has been provided information that will allow them to take appropriate action."

It's true-I did register a number of times, although I tried to register under a single emial address but was unable to according to the direction for registering.

My first reason for switching screen names from Carol B to Cobweb was to avoid any mix up between myself and Carol in PA-she'[s the smart one and has been great help to me.

Then I added Walter Mitty to the mix as an expression of my alter ego. In fact Walter Mitty fictionally had a very strong alter ego-chick helped him in dealing with the dismal realities of his life. So ti seemed appropriate for me, too. I definitely needed help dealing with the realities of my life.

Finally, on what was so obviously a joke that backfired real quick, I registered as Pedro. It made sense at the time because there was so much discussion about Mexicans going on I thought it was only fair to have Pedro enter the conversation. Well, Pedro was deported real quick
for being illegal.

Most of all, I want my friend and family on lymenet to know that although my behavior may have been suspect at times, and a bit off the wall, I did NOT register on Lymenet in order to

1. post fictitious information, except for Pedro who was totally fictitious

2.create friction among users. Most of the time I tried to diffuse the friction by redirecting or adding humor. Life is too important to be taken seriously. Laughter IS the best supplement to whatever treatment protocol a lyme patient may be following.

and

3. simpley act stupidly. Well, now I have no defense for stupid. STUPIDITIS is a co-infection, by the way, or maybe the side effect of an outrageously complicated med schedule. I truly cannot tell sometimes whether I am suffering from Lyme, co-infection, or treatment.

In truth, I signed onto Lymenet because I needed help and support. I received help, and I hope most of you have felt supported by me, too. This in not a journey to be taking alone.

I have asked LymeMomTooo to post this for me in order to make ammends to anyone I have offended, either by my words, flippent manner at times, or what now appears as a serious breach of trust.

I hope in the overall balance between good and bad-my fellow lymebrain travellers will realize I am a good egg-not a rotten one.

If I am to be accused of bad behavior, then I also hope I am acknowledged for good behavior, too. I take credit for both.

I am not asking to be reinstated-because I think the administration will always consider me "suspect". When they get to the bottom of their investigation they are going to find little ole me, hanging from the end of an IV line, tossing a rubber toy to my little ole companion dog, Ash.

Lyme is a horrid bisease, as Lou B stated. But I haave something elso to hang onto. It's a little Christmas tree LymeMOmTooo made out of puzzle pieces glued together, painted lyme green, decorated with gold and silver beads, with a jewl star on top. She brought it to me, along with a box of food, after I lost my house and had to move into a basement apartment. She tied a white ribbon on the back for me to hang it as an ornament, but since I didn't have a tree to hang it on-this ornament became my Christmas Tree. It was small but it still radiated LOVE. I was grateful to have it and her friendship.

That's all folks, I know you'll do a good job "carrying on" without me.
I love you.
CarolcobweB aka Walter Mitty.

[ 27. August 2007, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: lymemomtooo ]

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMT,

Thanks for posting this for Carol. I have been concerned about her since I learned last night that she had been banned from the board.

I have had email contact with her in the past and was aware of how important this board has been to her, especially as she has gone through some very difficult personal times in the past year.

Despite her own problems she has managed to keep an upbeat attitude and add her own personal humor to this board, relieving the tension that has sometimes developed.

She has also blessed us with her wonderful poetry, and I know we laughed with her, not at her, during some tough times.

I hope she will be allowed to come back. This board will benefit from her presence again, in my opinion.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Permanently? I hope they reconsider.

That was a beautiful letter she wrote. I realize that sometimes humor does not translate well in this form.
I realize that sometimes humor is a personal interpretation.
I realize that some people are so angry that they cannot see when someone is trying to bring levity, or sidetrack things,so emotions do not run amok. Or sidetrack so people can take pause.

And sometimes certain types of levity can be inappropriate for a public forum.

And sometimes emotions can run amok when there are misinterpretations.

I realize that some attempts at humor can be offensive, or are not always delivered well.

But for the life of me, I always knew who all these other posters were! And I think most everyone else did,too.
Maybe we just grow too familiar when we write here, and maybe need to not use humor, or talk of personal things.

I just dont understand the severity of their judgment call, nor is my need to understand imortant at this time. What's done is done.

Her postings were always witty and delightful. She brought us smiles, moans, groans, and laughter. That is her legacy, and my memories.

North.

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Carol/Cobweb, if you are reading this.

I feel I can speak with some "authority" here due to how long I've been posting on this board (2001), but I can't recall ever seeing anything as "out there" as this ban that has happened to you.

Some really, really bizarre stuff has happened on lymenet in the 7 years I've been reading (I lurked for a year before posting) and I know there have been threads that I have missed due to scrolling on by after they got too wild for my taste.

But this?

I don't know Lou B, I know of him and his families story. And his connection to this board. But that's it. I was a bit taken aback at the tone he took with Vanilla in the PM she posted on some other wild thread (in Off Topic, I think) but then I never got to read the "other side" so I didn't want to sound judgmental on that point, and I just didn't post at all to that.

But, again, sigh. This. I'm so sorry. I really enjoyed your humor, I felt it was in line with my sensibilities, and I know that dark, dry, black humor can come off wrong at times. And being silly past the point that some people deem it to be carried on, but I thought we had zipped that up in our one thread, or Cave's, the deleted or moved society thread.

Dang. I didn't know it was YOU that was Walter either!

A long time ago, there was this message board called "Moms Online" it was my first taste of message boards, and it was a very tight board. I let myself get drawn in and I posted my heart, and I got eaten alive by some of those moms at the end. It was ugly, nasty and hurtful.

Oprah bought Moms Online with her Oxygen network and it disolved, but I was gone by then, I can still remember how hurt I was, and it was my first experience with posting on the internet in such a personal way, so I can relate to how you might be feeling.

I hope you either come back, and can ignore those who hurt you, or come back and not let them intimidate you.

[ 27. August 2007, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Just Julie ]

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMT your mailbox is full, and I have a pm ready.

North

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I don't know what all has happened. Have been out of town the last few days, so I missed the Pedro posts, or whatever went on. Hard to judge or comment without knowing.

I was glad to read Lou said it wasn't a "PC" thing.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is most unfortunate. I do believe that Carol's intentions were to bring some levity to the board.

Her goofiness has made me laugh hysterically on numerous occasions. I did realize her multiple names to have appeared in the manner which she explains them.

I also do believe that she has a very creative personality and that she was trying to demonstrate her feelings of a split-personality at times.

I would think that she did make it obvious on most, if not all of her dual-identity posts that she was the same person. I also do not believe that she ever posted any misinformation that had the potential to be harmful to the health of anyone on this board.

I did not see the "Pedro" post however I would think that humor was her intention, from what I've come to know of her. I know that there was some really absurd nonsense going on in those threads.

I fortunately chose to SOB when I saw the "singing" thread pop up. I got sucked into reading most of that crud with the "goodbye" thread. That was an unfortunate waste of my time. That carrying on seemed more like the work of trolls to me than Carol ever did.

I know she has shared her stories and reached out for help here on many occasions. She has also made many of us laugh. I really don't think it ever occured to her that what she was doing could actually cause anyone grief or she wouldn't have done it.

That is my impression of Carol. I do believe that if you gave her a good spanking, which it sounds like you have, and make her promise to never do it again. I really do think she would behave if you let her come back.

She will be missed. [Frown]

PS- Did I mention that I do not believe that her intentions were ever to be harmful or disruptive to the help provided by this board. She only seemed to try to disrupt and diffuse hostility when it reared it's ugly head. I think that was a somewhat noble gesture, even if done through misguided means.

Please give her another chance, I really think she'll behave.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Carol should be allowed back and I do hope that LouB will reconsider. Her posts were always funny and light, bringing humor to us from every side. She brought levity to life and hers was not always pretty.

She has had a lot on her plate over the past year [at least] and I know Lymenet helped her retain her sanity.

Please let her know we miss her, LMT....and hope she will be allowed back sometime soon.

Carol [kiss] [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, how can they ban webby....

i wont post more, in fear of being band myself....

bye bladder babe...you will be missed.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[cussing] lymemomtoo,

thank you for posting carol's note to us all. I am speechless, dumbfounded, and flabber-ghasted about this news!! that never happens to me, but this situation caused a FIRST for me!

Carol, does not deserve this at all! SHE IS NOT A TROLL; she's a very caring mother who has gone thru hell that this board doesn't know about at all since it's so very painful to even talk about! the loss of 2 of her kids within one week of each other from NON-MEDICAL situations!

how many of you could have survived that and not forget the other 1-2 kids she still had left??

some of you may remember recently when she was packing up to move, and all the extra stuff being taken to the garbage. some of it was iceskating rink things; things her deceased kids had so much fun skating. could you have let them go and it not effect you; lyme brain and all?

LOU B/others, carol took cobweb for ME! i kept getting her confused with CAROL RN when she would write her beautiful poetry for the birthdays. i constantly got her and other carol mixed up. so she took that 2nd name FOR ME, BETTYG, for my lyme brain!

i didn't know about walter mitty but it came out in one of her other postings here. again, she was doing the MAXINE cartoon character to LIGHTEN all the ugliness that has been happening to this board over the years, and it's the WORST i've seen it now in my 3 years here.

i didn't read the garbage on the mexican thread so didn't see her pedro post! it didn't start off well; people MISINTERPRETED, no one would delete their distasteful messages. and it was allowed to continue mud-slinging by management.

alot of that type of behavior has been in medical and support also! way to much of it! UNACCEPTABLE!

i too didn't know only ONE name can be registered. since i welcome folks here, i constantly see a newbie register TWO NAMES VERY SIMILAR. i've brought that to some of them as i send only ONE NEWBIE PACKAGE; not 2 when i can tell it's the SAME poster.

they stated, it looked like it did NOT REGISTER CORRECTLY, so they tried again.

i know this board has quite a few of REGULAR posters with 2 or more names!

we have now have over 13,000 members as of late Sat. pm!!

the ACTUAL TROLLS are in that count although lou b or jenifer deleted them. the troll's goal was to mess with our heads.

carol, cobweb's intent is not that. she is our lyme friend who has done an OUTSTANDING JOB OF SUPPORT and education sharing many of her personal experiences with us.

lou b/jenifer, carol deserves a 2nd chance; NOT PERMANENT DISBARMENT! IT WAS AN INNOCENT, NON-MALICIOUS in my non-medical opinion.

you all know i tell it like it is; i've liked carol from the beginning. she does things to lighten up the UGLINESS on this board, and much needed laughter.

carol's told me that when she's really depressed, she goes to lymetoo/tutu's post on laughter that she originated and i took over adding all the GOOD belly laughs i get daily. she spent one afternoon reading the entire thread of laughs!

Carol, I'm so sorry this happened to you; you do not deserve this my friend. It won't be the same without you.

I won't send lou b a pm; my thoughts, feelings, or recommendations; they are right here for him/others to read!

wishing you a SPEEDY RETURN to lymenet from all your friends! i love you carol! you've been wonderful to be from day 1; never a problem!!
Bettyg [Frown] [Mad] [toilet]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol should be given a second chance on lymenet. I hope lou b and the LDA will consider how her humor has helped in the recovery of others with this awful disease. It certainly has for me. Sorry to hear this.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Carol/Cob was one of a few who helped me remember how to laugh, after 2 years of illness and depression.

She helped me find my heart again. She helped me understand that life events can still be transcended.

Thank you Carol,

N.

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOrth, I will try to clean out my pm box a little..But have kept it full due to lack of time and some ripping I got from people just before and then after the rally in NY.

Anyway I will try to work on the box..lmt

Done!!

And if Lou or Jenifer read this post, please feel free to contact me about this and also please reconsider.

I personally know Carol and she has been very ill with Lyme and co's and also has a daughter that is infected. She has had so many horrible things happen in the last few years that lymenet was a life line for her. If she has had any lapses in judement, they have not been as bad as some who have been reinstated.

If is very easy for us to misintrepret what people say or post here. Since we do not always know the person, we do not always know if they are legit or intentionally causing problems.

I have been accused of some pretty horrible things when I was only trying to be a friend to someone that apparently was sick of me from the get go. They misintrepreted every funny thing that I attempted to do or write to them and turned it around to be threats and intimidation, so I know first hand how that things can often be misintrepreted but Carol did none of this on purpose. She is not evil and has only tried to stay alive and get help and to share help and laughter with others. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE WANT CAROL B

WE WANT CAROL B

WE WANT WHO EVER THAT WAS!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, so much to read on so little caffeine!!!

Um, it was clear to me the posting Pedro was a fake and it made me laugh out loud. I thought, "This has gotta me some oldtimer just being silly! This is just so dead on re timeliness!!! No way this is real-"

but I never would have guessed Carol. I didn't know re multiple names-

I understand compeltely why Lou & Jen did this.

You guys have heard me give my nostalgic odes to the glory of sci.med

What killed sci.med was 3-4? people pretending to be 6-7-8-13? people and doing non-stop fake
games and non-stop attacks on people. This is known to any old timers around back then.

I think that is why they cut her off like that.

I understand it and I think it had to happen.
I think they did the right thing.

I also think letting her back on would be the right thing.

BUT I also question if she is NOT going to try to come back that maybe there is more than she admits to publicly- out of embarassment?

Maybe there is more than Pedro AND Walter MItty AND Carol B and Cobweb- maybe some other names that have been more destructive???

I don't know. Neither do you.

I was here before Cobweb but was gone when she came and never got to know her that well.
I do believe she is a real LYmie and a real nice Lymie and I have enjoyed her sense of humor myself.

But I think the Lou Bashing has got to stop.

He just went through heart surgery and is here from the goodness of his heart volunteering- Jen too though not the surgery- and he has been for years. I trust them a lot.

THEY ARE ALSO OLD TIMERS HERE.

Just think- if each of us had a few identities- gee, what would that be like????

That is EXACTLY what killed sci.med.

It was not funny.

It was HORRIBLE.

I support Lou B and Jen in whatever they do and I thank them for giving us this board.

I hope Cobweb DOES come back, under 1 name.

Sincerely,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sending an email to Lou B.

I've "known" Carol for the year I've been on Lymenet. I've exchanged PM's with her, and we've spoken on the phone. Plain and simple, she is NOT a troll, and she IS a integral part of this board's community.

I never read her posts as "Pedro" because i had no desire to read or wade into an argument about immigration. But i have read hundreds of her posts all over the board, and none of them were malicious or mean or trouble-provoking in any way.

most were funny, a few sharp- tongued or impatient (i can relate to that); her intent has always clearly been to help others here.

In the past few months her posts have given me and others some genuine hope about getting better, since her IV tx has obviously helped her significantly.

i'm glad that this board has moderators and enough rules to keep it from getting so chaotic that it is of no use or less to those of us who rely upon it being here.

But, even good-intentioned and fair moderators make mistakes, and i think banning Carol is one of them.

Dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsy_bitsyone
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did see the pedro post...was the one that called it out as a fake. And thought it was funny. It was SO obvious a current member that it was almost innane.

Now I feel bad for calling it out, not knowing it was Cob...but I couldn't RESIST. It was JUST TOO funny.

While I am relatively new, I really liked her, she is a peice of work and hope they let her come back.

CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Cavey, we agree to disagree then- because sure, I don't think hers were deliberately setting out to destroy LYmeNet like some on sci.med WERE-

BUT

there were those like HER at sci.med too who thought it was just funny, or JUST a way to win an argument- and what ended up happening was NEVER KNOWING who was REAL and WHO WASN'T!!!

For me!!! ANd others I know.

I agree CObweb had no malice. I would never think it of her. But that doesn't make what she did right, either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think she should come back.
I do think she belongs here.
I do like her immensely and enjoy her posts.

Sincerely,

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see anyone bashing Lou.

Anyone here bashing LOU, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Carol did what she did. We all can now see how it was a violation of "the rules". I'm sure we can understand how it couldn't go on unchecked, as much hillarity as it may have generated.

The rules HAVE to be enforced and that's what Lou does. He does it VERY well. I love him for that and missed him dearly while he was away.

Just so you know Lou......
I love you & I don't blame you. [group hug] [kiss] I'd just like to see her back here behaving herself, as I believe she would. I really will miss her humor. She shakes up my brain every now & then and I really do need that sometimes.

To anyone bashing Lou-

Did you, by any chance, witness the invasion while Lou was away? Have you observed the stealth and tenacity with which he defends this board from trolls?

I attribute Lymenet's being one of the greatest places for Lyme support to Lou's hard work. If it wasn't hard, anyone would be able to do it as well as he does. The other poor moderators get thoroughly bashed, for not being more like him, when he's not here.

I even took a time out for a while because I couldn't deal with the BS in his absence.

I think we can make a strong plea for Carol's return without being unkind to Lou. I would hope that anyone disrespecting Lou might see that an apology could be in order. He is only looking out for all of us, with our emotional welfare and safety at heart, as always.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding. [group hug]

Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Just a guess here,

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the people she was disagreeing with complained about her, leaving the moderators no choice but to "enforce the rules".

I really hope that she can be given another chance.

so sad [shake]

--------------------

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CALyme, I think you put it very well.

For me, we have enough to keep track of in our heads, that trying to figure out how many people are different names gets overwhelming.

I agree Cobweb had no malice, she was just exercising brain cells.

HOWEVER, there has been some real violation lately by some others and it's gotten tiresome.

One instance has been on Lymechat every saturday night. One person came on with a different name every week. To a thirteen year old, that's cute.
To others who genuinely want to have a good old fashioned roundtable, it was one more obstacle to work around.

When this one person disguised themselves under the cloak of someone we trust on this board, that is downright creepy.

But, I agree with you, I think Cobweb needs to be here, and I'm sure she will follow the rules next time around. If not, I'm sure she will be closely watched.

LouB has a big plate full of scammers and trolls that sneak on our board, and this game of multiple monikers is an added load to him.

I like her...but we need to protect this board. It's special, and I really need it to stay around.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really appreciate the work of our moderators. I actually think that the banning of our darling Cobweb shows that they are applying the rules in the same way to everybody.

In some way, it would not be fair if they did not take some form of action. There was a violation of the rules, even if the motive and result were not only harmless, but well intentioned.

Although I do not believe rules are made to be broken, I do believe they are made to be bent. In this case, I hope Lou and Jen can find it in their hearts to bend the rules and let Cobweb back on with one identity.

Cobweb has given tremendously to our virtual community. We all make mistakes. But not everybody is as well intentioned as our dear Cobweb.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A MESSAGE FROM COBWEB TO US ALL!

Would you mind passing this on to Lymenet under the post "Where's Cobweb?"

Some people are wondering why I am not asking to be reinstated. Well, I guess for the same reason I was booted off-lack of trust. It is at the core of every successful relationship.

But I have been publicly humiliated, accused and pronounced guilty before trial.

I even wrote to one of the administrators when I forgot my password for Cobweb-and I couldn't remember which email I used to retrieve it. I explained that I was posting under multiple names-but most people knew me as Cobweb and would they be willing to tell me which e-mail I used in order to retrieve the password to log on as Cobweb.

She sent me the information necessary without any caution that logging on with different names was frowned upon. It's as if they were watching me play in traffic-just waiting for me to get run over.

I never received an email of warning. Just BAM. I didn't even know what hit me until I saw Lou's post. I was crushed. And it is going to take a long time for me to recover.

I have lost everything to lyme- even lymenet -how ironic.

Thanks for staying in touch,
Take Care,
Carol

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found the thread that was used for the investigation. I am very concerned about the process used in this case.

My understanding is that this thread was created for an investigation. If that is correct, I do think Lymenet needs to consider the way the investigation was handled.

As I said about Cobweb, I believe the moderators had the best of intentions. But the thread appears to have resulted in the loss of 2 members and has resulted in anger and hurt feelings.

--------------------

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand rules. The reason for them.

I have a great deal of respect for them and plan to follow them.

I also have a great deal of respect for Cobweb. She has been a bright light in a dark day,

A laugh in a humorless situation, a fellow Mom, a friend.

I appreciate the complexity of the situation, however, I don't believe her motive was out of ugliness.

I chose not to read the post re: south of our border.

However, how like Carol to try to bring some levity to a situation that was

Quickly spiraling into a bad place.

I humbly ask that Cobweb be reinstated.

Lymenet just would not be the same without her.

Respectively Yours,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Here I am-and my little dog,too.

I guess he decided after all my distraught emails that I was the genuine arTICKle ,really sick, and needed Lymenet. WHEW

He also told me if I see any oncoming traffic, like a MAC truck disguised as a wayward post, to hop back on the sidewalk and Scroll On By !-yeah-as if I could hop. At least now I can hope.

Thank you all
Love,
Carol

Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME BACK Cob! [kiss]

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cobweb,

So glad to see you back :-)

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

quote:
Originally posted by cave76:
****investigation****

That is a bit of a misnomer.

The term "investigation" was used by Lou B in his post. I was not sure if he meant that the topic was kept open by them, or created by them.

--------------------

AliG
Member # 9734

[hi] WELCOME BACK CAROL!!! [Big Grin] [woohoo] [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [bow] THANK YOU LOU!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back ~! Woo Hoo!

Thanks to the moderators!

[woohoo]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back!!!

Thanks to Lou and Jen for all you do.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carol, welcome back! yes, please don't stop at those YARD SALES; just keep walking on by ok.

thanks lou b!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the whole thing, even Pedro, but I'm glad it's over and Cobweb is back. -- Walter
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuZ-Q
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuZ-Q     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!!!! She's back!
So glad.

Thanks moderators

Posts: 260 | From Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bettyg:
[QB]
" she's a very caring mother who has gone thru hell that this board doesn't know about at all since it's so very painful to even talk about!"

But not to painful to write about:

End of Summer

Used to be
before the children died
I looked forward to Fall.

Cooler temperatures.
Holidays fast approaching.
Kids going back to school!

Now when I see the school bus
Full of anticipation
I feel empty.

It doesn't stop
at our door
anymore.

Carol B

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - [kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Carol, I had no idea. [group hug]

--------------------

Cobweb
Unregistered

I go running after the school bus
"Wait Wait-you forgot someone"
wanting it to be true,
but the driver doesn't hear me.

I stop to catch my breath.
Life keeps moving forward
No U turns allowed.

What am I to do
With the cremated ashes of reality?

[ 29. August 2007, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Cobweb ]

ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its times like these that we need our family [this family] the most [group hug]

No one should ever have to go it alone.

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement