LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » American Idol... So who's your favorite now?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: American Idol... So who's your favorite now??
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still like Karen, but don't think she'll get very far.

PIA and THIA are two of my favorites. Like Scotty and Paul too.

Casey and James are probably the strongest of all.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James has my vote.. Thia also has a great voice!..

[ 03-17-2011, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: lululymemom ]

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have about six favorites this year! I love James, Pia, Stefano, Thia (so pure!), and Jacob gives me chills. I like Casey but last night's Nirvana song sounded awful to these ears. I think Naima should be voted off tonight. I think her voice is kind of average.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, lymelady!

I like Jacob too .. don't think he'll win though.

I see Karen is gone. She's a sweetie. Didn't quite have the pipes though. Wonder if she's ever had voice training? That could go a long way for her.

I think she'll be big in the Latin American community at the very least.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, just finished watching another great episode! I loved them all tonight, except Naima. Still don't like her voice as much!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I wasn't impressed with her either. But she may be able to make a career out of this. I think everyone there will be able to have a good career.

I'm voting for Pia, Thia, Scotty and Paul tonight. I like to vote for several until it gets down to just a few left.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We missed a good part of the show because we got home late tonight.

Plus, on Wednesdays we also watch "Modern Family" which is on at the same time as Idol. OMG, that has got to be the funniest show on TV.

We caught Pia's outstanding performance as well as Naima's and James' performances.

No doubt this year's contestants are so much better than in previous years. I think they all have great futures ahead of them.

But IMO Naima didn't do a great job tonight unfortunately. I just really like her for some reason and was so hoping she'd do well.

Pia and James brought the house down. Awesome!

Sorry I missed Jacob's and Stefano's and Lauren's and the other blonde girl's performances.

That's part of the problem--who the heck remembers the other blonde girl's name?? She is a great singer. But what the heck is her name?

In the snippets I saw at the end of the show, it looked like Jacob and the other blonde girl did a great job as did Pia and James.

Good luck to them all. They're all so very talented, hard-working and all of them deserve a shot.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

THIA was awesome last night!! (and PIA)

ok... I have to go see who it is you're talking about. I can't even think about another blonde.

OH... It was Haley. I didn't care for her performance, but they thought she was great. It's just not my style of music.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Her name's Haley, funny ladies (the other blonde!).

I got your message, Alana - will write later today. I have to have lunch with my son at school right now, and go to a bookfair. I like the lunch part, but that was just the school's incentive to get me to come in to buy books - and my kids hate to read! Oh, well.

Yes, Tutu - I love the girls Thia and Pia. Pia blows your socks off, and Thia's voice is so rich and pure. They are both beautiful. I like Haley and Lauren, too!

Hubby likes the looks of Lauren. I told him, "Ahem, she's a little young, don'tcha think?" I think she's only 16 or 17! He had no idea she was that young!

Well, gotta eat school pizza now (barf!). - Lymelady Julie

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kids who don't like to read?? How sad!! How about reading TO THEM?? That should fix it!

Yes, Lauren is 16, I think. She's really sweet. I'm just not that thrilled with her singing. It's OK. She has a lot of appeal.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Holy crap!! Casey is in trouble! I thought he'd be in the top 5! I'm wondering if - yes! The judges have saved him! Awesome! I think they did the right thing! Yea! All 11 will go out on tour! So happy for them all!

--------------------
I want to be free

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we could have guessed that one of the top ones would have ended up in the bottom 3 b/c of Ryan's hints.

Told hubby that if that was the case, whoever it was would be saved.

He said no, b/c tonight determines the top 10 who will be going on tour and there's only one save for the season and it wouldn't be used tonight.

Told him that if a fav ends up in the losing position he or she would be saved by the judges and that would mean the top 11 going on tour instead of the top 10.

When I saw that Thia, Casey and Stefano ended up in the bottom 3 I was very surprised. I'd have bet Paul and the country singer kid (omg can't remember his name now either) would have ended up in the bottom 3.

Told hubby that I felt Thia was safe and it was between Stefano and Casey.

And I really believed that if either one of them was on the chopping block that the judges would have opted to save both. And rightfully so.

When it was revealed that Casey was the one who had the least amount of votes and Ryan told him to "sing for his life" I just knew he'd be safe.

Kudos to the judges to stop his performance and tell him they've heard him enough already to know that he belongs there.

Poor kid he was so shocked and shaking. So moving to see his reaction and him running up to hug his parents.

And logically because the judges decided to use their one save, that means that there will now be a top 11 going on tour instead of a top 10.

The judges did the right thing. I am so liking JLO and Steven Tyler. Simon who?

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm with you, Alana. Simon who? I never would have thought this show could survive without him... and now it's so much BETTER without him! He probably hates that!! [Big Grin]

Wow... what's scary is that this could happen again with a really great singer being at the bottom .. and they can't be saved. The only good news is that everyone there (almost) is worthy of being THE Amer Idol. So it doesn't really matter. We'll have to let the chips fall as they may.

Thia really should NOT have been at the bottom either. I was shocked about that since she is a favorite of mine.

That was one of their best shows EVER... loved the way they creatively told the kids they were saved... esp the Hulk Hogan thing. That was priceless! [lol]

And then Stevie Wonder showing up for Steven's birthday... and OMG Sugarland.. one of my very favorite groups!! I missed a chance to see them live when they first came out. (fairly cheaply) I knew they were going to be big, but I didn't think my husband would enjoy them and I didn't want to go alone. Wish I had now!

Next week should be very interesting!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Show's almost over, and I have to say I love 10 of the 11 singers and will probably cry on every elimination show for the rest of the season! As usual, Pia and Thia were beautiful, and the restrained Casey was awesome! Oh, I hate to see any of them go with the exception of Naima. I still find her voice to be just "good" - not great.

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

OK, now Haley just blew me away, too, so it's official that I will be crushed every elimination night for the rest of the season! Best thing ever for Simon to retire - I think Steven and JLo had a big part in choosing the great talent this season. Sometimes I think Simon chose people for the wrong reasons - they might have had a certain "look" that he thought might sell. Let it be about the voice, baby!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm with you lymelady... each elimination is going to be tough. They are all so good. (i agree about Naima)

Last night was the first time I was really impressed with Lauren. She was great! I think Thia's lack of confidence will knock her out before too long. We'll see.

Casey did great... glad he got his hair and beard trimmed. Looks good!

James was dynamite but not my favorite.

I honestly was going to vote last night and I forgot. Duh! I was busy at the time and my phone wasn't working right... so I was going to call later .. duh.

Haley did a good job too! Can you imagine what their tour is going to be like!!? wow!

My favs are still Paul, Thia, Scotty, and Pia .. Lauren is up there too now.

Scotty was awesome. He will have a big career for sure. He could leave now and do just fine.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Oh, yeah, Nashville will be calling on Scotty - no doubt about it! I voted for Stefano last night, but I almost forgot about voting, too! Casey looks much better cleaned up, and I'm glad he toned down that awful screaming.

Pia - so gorgeous, built like a bombshell - she's got the whole package and I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the top 5.

I think I might try to see the tour this year. I saw the concert the year Taylor Hicks won, and I had to go in my wheelchair and couldn't clap because both hands were tightly clenched at the time. If I go THIS year, I should be able to walk in and clap - thanks to Lyme treatment! Yea!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That would be great to see the tour!

Stefano has come a long way already and it WAS nice to hear Casey's toned down voice.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm satisfied with Thia and Naima going home. Would have happened before too long anyway. Thia should come back to Idol in a few years. She's very young.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

I missed the show last night. (Had my own much-needed night out.)

Saw tonight that the bottom 3 were Thia, Naima and Paul.

They were the ones who really should have been in the bottom.

But if it was up to me Paul would be the one going home with Naima. Hopefully he'll be going home next week. Just don't get him at all.

Lymetoo, yes, I do think this won't be the last we see of Thia.

I've never been interested in an idol tour, but I have to say that I'd buy tix to hear these guys and girls sing their hearts out.

Lymelady, yes, Pia, so gorgeous, built like a bombshell and what a voice that girl has. I thought the boys had it this season.

But now I think it'll come down to Pia and James.

And Lymelady, I pray that for this year's tour you'll be able to clap away. And stand up while clapping!

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I like Paul!! He's not GREAT! but he's fun to watch.

I do definitely think James will be in the final and if Pia were there too, I'd be happy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

I don't really "get" Paul, either, but I am utterly dazzled by his smile! How'd he get them pearly whites??

Yeah, I was a bit bummed about Thia leaving. Such a beautiful girl, such a pure, lovely voice. I wonder, can contestants from previous years who've made the top 12 try out again? Or are they banned for life?

A couple of years ago there was a singer named Ricky Braddy. Wow, was he ever awesome. He didn't make the top 12 but he SHOULD have! Of course, now he's been relegated to the obscurity bin, and I'll probably never hear that wonderful voice again.

AlanaSuzanne, I was so TOTALLY infatuated with Mr. Taylor Hicks, that I was going to go see him in concert no matter what!! My dear sister drove me to Syracuse, NY and wheeled me in to the concert hall. I was terribly ill at the time.

I like men with salt-n-pepper hair. Yep, that's my type. Hubby is getting grays in his black hair, and he tried Grecian formula. I told him to leave his head alone!!

TuTu, I'm hoping Stefano will continue to grow each week. I really love his voice, AND his story of survival. And of course, being the mother of children on the autism spectrum, I MUST rout for James! (How do you spell that word? I have no idea!)

Looking forward to next week!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH yes! Paul's smile!! [Big Grin]

hmmm.. hadn't thought about someone being in the top 12 and not being allowed back in. I know others have come back a second time but did not make it that far the first time.

Ricky Braddy! I remember him!!

Google him!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid24178868001?bclid=24196491001&bctid=24331617001

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

So you remember Ricky Braddy, too! I'm going to check out your link right now! I felt like he was completely dismissed by Simon and crew and deserved better!

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Just watched the link, Tutu - thank you! Yeah, MAYBE someday we'll hear more from him - I sure hope so!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

They thought he was too boring .. personality wise. How ridiculous! In other words he wasn't a freak.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yeah, I didn't get the "boring" thing. And then later in the season the judges kept saying it was all about the voice.

I think Simon actually held back some great talent. By the way, this, for me, is the very best Idol season EVER! Love 'em all!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's a great season!

I really liked the season that Carrie Underwood won .. but this one is truly the best.

Pia was awesome tonight. Actually loved Casey and Scotty... and Lauren.

James was over the top good.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to be hard to vote anyone off. Pia was outrageous.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

WTH!? Pia voted off???!!!! The most beautiful, most powerful girl in the competition? Okay, I am crying now!

--------------------
I want to be free

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

I cannot believe this.

When I saw who was in the bottom 3 I thought Jacob would be the one going home. Last night he said something along the lines of if he went home it wouldn't be because of how he sang, but because we didn't like who we saw in the mirror.

That comment was way out there. You'd think that AI would offer these kids guidance on what to say to the public.

And Stefano, eventhough he's a great singer, I could see him going home tonight too.

The judges were in a state of shock when they saw that Pia had been voted off. Without a doubt she was the most beautiful, powerful girl in the competition.

She will have an incredible career anyway. But she really deserved a spot in the finale. Too bad the judges didn't have another "save" in their pocket.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I can't believe it. I was out all evening and had the show taped. I just saw on Facebook that she was voted off. They wasted their save on Casey and now this?

This is horrible! She will be a BIG STAR. I think people thought she was a "shoe-in" and didn't vote. I at least DID VOTE for her last night!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeshmyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeshmyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe she was booted either but she'll be a big star anyway and probably will get a better deal now LOL

(this is nellers78 but wanted to change my user name since it had my birth year in it)

Posts: 256 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH!! Thanks for letting me know, nellers!

How many screen names do you have, anyway??!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Initially I didn't think they wasted the save on Casey. But in retrospect, maybe they did.

Lymetoo, yes, no doubt she will be a big star.

And nell, I do think she'll get a better deal as she won't be bound by contractual restraints as the winners of AI are.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by AlanaSuzanne:
Initially I didn't think they wasted the save on Casey. But in retrospect, maybe they did.

-
exactly my feelings

Did you see Pia on Leno last night? They let her sing during breaks and they showed her singing parts of songs. She did great.

She mentioned that she was now in "a better place".. so maybe she's already gotten offers.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeshmyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeshmyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just this one, Lymetoo [Wink] lol
Posts: 256 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

No I didn't Pia on Leno last night. I'm sure she's gotten offers up the wazoo! And good for her!

She has handled herself so gracefully since she's been booted off. Kudos to her parents.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Okay, I finally have a favorite among favorites. I love Stefano best. Love 'em all, but he is now my favorite.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Really? .. He did a good job.

I voted for Scotty last night. I also sent a few votes in the direction of Haley so she wouldn't get voted off! Like JLo said, we're losing girls!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yep - really, though I do love every one of them. Feeling sad Mr. Beautiful Smile left us tonight. [Frown]

--------------------
I want to be free

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Lymelady, gosh, (throat clearing) here's we go our separate ways: When Paul was eliminated I said "There is a God!"

But I do share your feelings about Stefano. He was really awesome last night and I don't understand how he ended up in the bottom 3 tonight.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Alana, HOW could we go our separate ways? [Smile]

OK, we really haven't - because Paul was my least favorite, though he did have a super-white smile that I enjoyed looking at! His voice, though, didn't really do much for me! Cute as a darn bug, though.

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Oh, yeah - how in the WORLD did Stefano end up in the bottom two after that awesome performance?? I mean, that boy's voice is phenomenal!

Scotty is very, very good - but with Nashville's generosity, he has already made it. I'm positive he's already got a recording contract in the bag. That's one reason I'm rooting for my Mr. Underdog, fellow paisano - Stefano!! But mainly, because I love, love, love his beautiful voice!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, I'm always drawn to personalities! Paul was just so genuine and cute. I really only liked him when he would do certain styles .. like Rod Stewart. I didn't like this week's performance, so I was ready to let him go.

You're right about Scotty. I'm not at all worried about his leaving because he will have a great career. But I enjoy listening to him, so I'd like him to stay awhile!! [Big Grin]

I still say James will win.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a side not about James ,,,

my husband looked almost exactly like that when he was that age,

so now,

my husband looks like an older version of James,

And, my husband also had all the facial ticks and droopy eyes.

Now, with his Lyme treatment, my husband doesn't have the ticks anymore,

my husband used to jiggle his arms too, when he would talk, that is gone as well,

my husband also did very poorly at school, and had many "stroke / TIA" symptoms

no one helped him,

I have wanted to write to tell James to maybe give Lyme treatment a try,

They told James that he was "Aspergers/Autistic" but very high functioning!

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops!!! that was suppossed to read

JUST A SIDE NOTE

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH bummer. I LOVED what Scotty just did on stage and they blasted him for it. Maybe it was safe, but it was SO CUTE! [Cool]

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh... and did you see the ones who were voted off? So wonderful that they brought them back so soon! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yes, I enjoyed seeing the ones voted off perform again. BUT, tonight I feel so sad because my Stefano has now joined them! I DO hope he has a nice, long career ahead of him and that I get to hear him on the radio!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think he'll do great! He has grown SO MUCH in the past 4 wks!! Really has!

Hey, I missed it. What was his life-threatening experience? I missed that show.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

He was in a terrible car accident and was nearly killed. I don't know what his exact injuries were but I know he needed a lot of rehab and he has huge scars on his inner arms.

His story reminds me a little of David Archuleta's from a few years ago. He had to have a breathing tube for some reason and nearly lost his voice. Both are comeback kids!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow. Wish I had seen that show. I probably have it taped somewhere on my DVR!! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

The shocking thing is, Stefano's accident was caused by a drunk driver, but just one year later Stefano himself was convicted of DUI! What in the world was that kid thinking? I was upset with him when I discovered this about him!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow. That is shocking. But kids are kids. Probably peer pressure was involved... though that's no excuse!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

At least he's alive and well, hopefully has learned his lessons by now. I will miss him on the show - he is a cutie!

I'm thinking James Durbin is my favorite now, but I'm partial because of his high-functioning autism and Tourette's.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's my only thing with my favorites being voted off. I know they will ALL have careers, but I want to SEE my favs now!! [Smile]

I think James will win. He is just too awesome. But .. with the way voting has been .. it's anybody's game!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

I think James may win it all, too. After his performance this week, I'm sold! It was beautiful. Not surprised to see Casey go tonight.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, I didn't get to watch but I have it taped. I heard Casey left. Jacob may be next.

and now my Scotty is in danger. He's so cute! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Scotty makes me think of my former sister-in-law's brother. It's hard for me to get past the resemblance! He looks like my former SIL, too! (It was a messy marriage and breakup, so it's not a happy association for me!) Poor Scotty, he can't help it that he resembles a hellion! I'll try not to hold it against him!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That would taint things a bit! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Yeah, but when he opens his mouth and that beautiful voice sweetens my ears - the association with the wicked witch ends! [Smile]

--------------------
I want to be free

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

James or Haley for the win for me! Haley has gotten shockingly good!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

She really has! I really enjoyed listening to her last night and I don't usually love her music. Think back to how she sounded when she almost got kicked off. She's made HUGE progress!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Whew .. can't believe Lauren almost went home! She's in the top two if you ask me.

Glad Scotty survived too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

I don't know why Randy thought Haley was screaming during her first song tonight. I thought she was excellent. I'm going for Haley for the win!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Because she was screaming!! [Big Grin]

Looks like maybe Scotty is going home?? They're about to announce it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? JAMES IS GOING HOME????

SHOCKED ..... He will go FAR!!! [Smile]

I really thought he was going to win the whole thing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

OMG, I am crying for James tonight. He really deserved to go all the way, right beside Haley. Doesn't America know that Lauren and Scotty probably already have the attention of Nashville? I think America got it wrong, though I can't argue about Scotty and Lauren's talents.

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

He will be just fine though. I can't believe he got voted off. Scotty couldn't have won by much, I don't think! ( I sure like him though! )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MamaBear11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MamaBear11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James was my favorite, by far. I have to think though that this was a blessing in disguise for him. He has to have gotten the attention of the right people and I just know he will be successful. If he had won AI, he would have been stuck with their producers and two year contract or whatever it is they "win." Now he is free to sign whatever deal he wants with whomever he wants. Good for him. I'll be rooting for him!

On a side note, at dinner tonight my five year old said to me, "I just love Jack (meaning James). You know the one, Mom. The rock n' roll star."

So he is already a rock n' roll star in one little girl's eyes.

--------------------
Untreated Lyme for 25+ years.
Two kids, too much pain & fatigue, no hope of ever being able to treat.

Posts: 310 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

That's sweet, MamaBear. I just love "Jack", too!

--------------------
I want to be free

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Very true about the AI contract. It would have limited his success in some ways. He probably has many offers already.

[ 05-15-2011, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay found the AI fans. I'm going to be boo hooing the next three weeks. What a great year for Idol. Simon who?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

yep ..Simon who?? Kara who?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement