LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Ebola Virus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebola Virus
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I am not comfortable "trusting" the CDC or the IDSA with the facts or the truth given their horrible track record. And the hospital/health department in Texas, shame on them.

Below is some information I've not heard shared on TV by health officials and the so-called experts, and I've been listening to several news channels, press briefings and the updates for the past several days.

One of the officials goals is to not scare or panic anyone. I am not trying to do that either, but I feel its best if we know the facts so we can deal with them if necessary.

Do NOT read below this point if you think this information may be too disturbing for you.

```````````````````````````````````````````
COMMUNICABILITY: Communicable as long as blood, body fluids or organs, contain the virus.

Ebolavirus has been isolated from semen 61 to 82 days after the onset of illness, and transmission through semen has occurred 7 weeks after clinical recovery.

Infection may also spread through contact with the soiled clothing or bed linens from a patient with Ebola. Disinfection is therefore required before handling these items.

SYMPTOMS: Early signs of infection are non-specific and flu-like, and may include sudden onset of fever, asthenia, diarrhea, headache, myalgia, arthralgia, vomiting, and abdominal pains.

Less common early symptoms include conjunctival injection, sore throat, rashes, and bleeding.

Shock, cerebral oedema, coagulation disorders, and secondary bacterial infection may co-occur later in infection.

Haemorrhagic symptoms may begin 4 - 5 days after onset, including hemorrhagic conjunctivitis, pharyngitis, bleeding gums, oral/lip ulceration, hematemesis, melena, hematuria, epistaxis, and vaginal bleeding.

Hepatocellular damage, marrow suppression (such as thrombocytopenia and leucopenia), serum transaminase elevation, and proteinuria may also occur.

Persons that are terminally ill typically present with obtundation, anuria, shock, tachypnea, normothermia to hypothermia, arthralgia, and ocular diseases.

Haemorrhagic diathesis is often accompanied by hepatic damage and renal failure, central nervous system involvement, and terminal shock with multi-organ failure.

Contact with the virus may also result in symptoms such as severe acute viral illness, malaise, and maculopapular rash.

Pregnant women will usually abort their foetuses and experience copious bleeding.

Fatality rates range between 50 - 100%, with most dying of hypovolemic shock and multisystem organ failure.

SUSCEPTIBILITY TO DISINFECTANTS: Ebolavirus is susceptible to 3% acetic acid, 1% glutaraldehyde, alcohol-based products, and dilutions (1:10-1:100 for ≥10 minutes) of 5.25% household bleach (sodium hypochlorite), and calcium hypochlorite (bleach powder).

The WHO recommendations for cleaning up spills of blood or body fluids suggest flooding the area with a 1:10 dilutions of 5.25% household bleach for 10 minutes for surfaces that can tolerate stronger bleach solutions (e.g., cement, metal).

For surfaces that may corrode or discolour, they recommend careful cleaning to remove visible stains followed by contact with a 1:100 dilution of 5.25% household bleach for more than 10 minutes.

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: Filoviruses have been reported capable to survive for weeks in blood and can also survive on contaminated surfaces, particularly at low temperatures (4°C).

One study could not recover any Ebolavirus from experimentally contaminated surfaces (plastic, metal or glass) at room temperature.

In another study, Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions (between 20 and 250C and 30–40% relative humidity) (amount of virus reduced to 37% after 15.4 hours), but is less stable than some other viral hemorrhagic fevers (Lassa).

When dried in tissue culture media onto glass and stored at 4 °C, Zaire ebolavirus survived for over 50 days.

This information is based on experimental findings only and not based on observations in nature. This information is intended to be used to support local risk assessments in a laboratory setting.

FIRST AID/TREATMENT: There is no effective antiviral treatment. Instead, treatment is supportive, and is directed at maintaining organ function and electrolyte balance and combating haemorrhage and shock.

SOURCES/SPECIMENS: Blood, serum, urine, respiratory and throat secretions, semen, and organs or their homogenates from human or animal hosts.

Human or animal hosts, including non-human primates, may represent a further source of infection.

Sources- Public Health Agency Canada
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/lab-bio/res/psds-ftss/ebola-eng.php

WHO

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent summary info Tincup!

Thanks

[Smile]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Quote: " . . . is no effective antiviral treatment." . . .(end quote).

I strongly disagree.

There are many things that could be incorporated for anti-viral assistance. Many. IV Garlic (only earlier on if this might be an appropriate choice, of course as with ebola, the veins can be compromised as the virus takes hold) or oral allicin, for one.

Andrographis (both garlic & andrographis helped in the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic). Now, they may not be appropropriate for ebola but we need to call upon those who look outside of the pharmacy world for their suggestions.

In general, there ARE many good anti-virals to consider for basic viruses. We need to get over the myth that the are none.

We are far - far - to dependent on our chemical and pharmaceutical industry and it's going to be the end of a lot of people by looking only in that direction.

As for surfaces,

A STEAM Cleaner seems safer for some applications. I'm really concerned that everyone is going to be sprayed, places, all sprayed with far too many harsh chemicals. Even bleach can be terrible for many to be around, very toxic to the nervous system to breath and caustic to the respiratory system.

Steam cleaning can work on many surfaces and some furniture, too. Of course, specifics are best to know, not just guess.

And certain kind of light wands.

Colloidal silver solutions, too, could be safer. I'm just not sure they are exploring all the other possibilities here.

See Robin123's post about Nano Silver - and the link below

And they certainly have not done so for prevention. Had they called upon the expertise of various certified naturopathic doctors / herbalists from the start, I'm thinking things may not have gotten so out of hand.

But lack money & infrastructure is also at the bottom of this. Lack of an educational program, too. It makes me angry and sad for those involved that no one has really approached this is as organized manner as it could have been.

The discrimination that is already mushrooming from this beyond sad.

[ 12-15-2014, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been learning that nano silver 10ppm can kill the virus. Interestingly also, Lyme patients have used colloidal silver to treat Lyme.

Watch the video at www.DrRimaTruthReports.com entitled "No one needs to die from Ebola" - this may be life-saving information -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I prefer not to ingest silver products, as the human body has no detox mechanism for silver -- hence the risk of developing Argyria (an accumulation of silver in the skin & mucus membranes) when one uses or has used colloidal silver products internally.

That said, I think silver products can be excellent for cleaning and sterilizing surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, etc., as well as prevention in medical devices (e.g., embedded silver in PICC line caps to help prevent line infections).

I agree with Keebler's post above. There are many herbal options to help prevent and treat viral infections...not to mention high dose IV Vitamin C, and also L-Lysine.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used MMS for Flu virus successfully when used at two drops every four hours for three or four days.

There are also Rife frequencies for hemmoragic fever, and DNA based frequencies for Ebola Ziare strain specifically.

None of these have been tested directly for Ebola as of yet, so they are speculative treatments at best.

If it starts spreading, I will certainly have a game plan for it.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you watch the 9-minute video at the site I mentioned above, it says the nano silver does not stay in the body. Says there are four different kinds of deliveries of silver and that this one is the best version for the body.

SacredHeart, I read the US is not planning to restrict travel. Unfortunately the Dallas patient did not state that he had been exposed prior to coming. No idea what's happening with vaccines. I'm sure they're working hard on it though.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I googled natural remedys for Ebola. Lots of info including the FDA taking down several websites for "natural cures" Vitamin C in VERY high doses IV (500,000mg and up) is discussed by an MD.

I had the occasion to receive 100,000 mg IV C some years back for a bad episode of bronchitis. My symptoms were GONE by morning.

No quick answers here given the fact that someone else that has lied to security about contact with an infected person will travel here. I strongly agree that travel to and from West Arica should be stopped!!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How on earth could a vaccine be available that quickly? It would have had to been in the works for years.

Dan.

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
If you watch the 9-minute video at the site I mentioned above, it says the nano silver does not stay in the body. Says there are four different kinds of deliveries of silver and that this one is the best version for the body.

I'd like to see independent verification of this, from a source other than IRT. They are profiting from selling their nano-silver, so they are not unbiased...

Furthermore, they and many others claim nano-particles (e.g., titanium dioxide nanoparticles) are toxic...yet here they are selling nano-silver... Double standard?

Way, way too much hype with very little actual unbiased research proving no ill effects from their stuff...I don't trust them (IRT).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Razzle, I don't know answers to your questions. Like who would verify nano silver?
Robin123
Member # 9197

I read that the US Army Institute of Infectious Diseases did some testing with nano silver and it passed as effective in stopping the Ebola virus. Again, this is not my area of expertise, I am just reporting what I read.
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin, I wonder how much nano silver was needed to be effective?
Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving to Off Topic ... Politics are not up for discussion on Lymenet.

(Feel free to further discuss Ebola.)

[ 10-05-2014, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that escalated quickly!
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not able to read all that people wrote. I did see a guy reporting on TV this am.

he said that there were only 7 treatments available and told who got those treatments.

This was because they were not able to get the funding to make more treatments until now ...

And that it is grown in a tobacco plant and takes time. Wish I could recall where I saw this report and who was reporting it..I channel surf most of the time and dont' stay with one topic.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan -- how would a spooky2 do against the virus, if you know ?

basically you can create lipsomal vitamin C pretty quickly. There are youtubes showing you how to create it and it is pretty simple. You need a jewelry or ultrasonic cleaner, ascorbic acid and lecithin (non-gmo version).

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I missing something about politics, here?... I don't see any on this thread. [confused]

Maybe it was deleted.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNT, yes, the convo was going well and was productive until other irrelevant things were brought in and things went south quickly.

Ashame, really, because Ebola is a serious disease that needs to be in the forefront IMO.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
again, not able to read what others wrote...but thinking the guy i saw speak was on the View...if you want to check it out

he also said that people think ebola is a death sentence but not necessarily true

and that those who took the 7 treatments they had available a few died even with the treatments

again, i don't trust my memory

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe this topic is now buried in no man's land. I only see medial info- not politics. How about putting it back to Medical where we can share important info? Please.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

I would 2nd Tincup's suggestion.
Tincup
Member # 5829

See new/updated information here and feel free to share it.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/hunters-corner/e

Thanks TNT.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see where Canada put infected pigs in a room with monkeys separated by screens where no contact could take place and the monkeys came down with Ebola. We know what we know, but we don't know what we don't know!
Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, TNT .. A LOT was deleted.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement