LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » DR. JONES MUST HAVE HELP BY JULY 15!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DR. JONES MUST HAVE HELP BY JULY 15!!!!!!!!!
ANON
Member # 14992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following was sent to me by the Turn the Corner Foundation for Lyme Disease research, who have asked that it be distributed. DR.JONES MUST OBTAIN FUNDS FOR LEGAL SUPPORT BY TUESDAY JULY 15 OR HE WILL HAVE TO FORFEIT THE CASE! WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!

Public Health Department is Trying to Shut Down Lyme Doctor's Practice
Dr. Jones Struggling with a Depleted Legal Defense Fund
Dear Friends,

A passionate doctor who cares for children with Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases is currently in a legal battle with the Connecticut Department of Public Health (CT DPH). The CT DPH is attempting to suspend the medical license of Dr. Charles Ray Jones, a member of the Turn the Corner Medical Advisory Board, for treating patients with Lyme disease.

We cannot let this happen. Dr. Jones treats thousands of sick children with Lyme throughout the country and abroad. He needs our help since his legal defense fund is running out. If Dr. Jones does not raise enough money by Tuesday, July 15, 2008, he will have to forfeit the case and his medical license. Not only will this affect the thousands of children he helps, it will also leave other Lyme-literate doctors vulnerable to similar malpractice suits.

Please help today by sending a check made out to "Pullman & Comley Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones" with the word "gift" in the memo field.

Checks can be mailed to:

Elliott B. Pollack
c/o Pullman & Comley, LLC
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

Please copy and paste this message into your personal emails, blogs and websites, and disseminate immediately.

Dr. Jones and the Lyme community need our help!

Sincerely,

Staci Grodin
Founder
Turn the Corner Foundation

Quick Links

Watch an exerpt from Under Our Skin about Dr. Jones

Visit Turn the Corner's homepage

Take Action!

Write a check to the Dr. Jones Legal Defense Fund by Tuesday, July 15, 2008.
-
Forward this email to your friends and family
-
Copy this message to your website or blog

Turn the Corner Foundation is a not-for-profit public charity recognized by the IRS under 501 (c) (3). If you are interested in learning more about TTC, please visit our website at www.turnthecorner.org.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 13 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been doing this all i can...

also included all recent things about dr. jones in my newbie intro offering them my lyme package; newbies need to become involved NOW also.

many of us have donated since this started 3 years ago for dr. jones, and others have donated for dr. jemsek, and others who have been charged by their OWN STATE'S medical board.

someone asked me, WHAT ARE THE CURRENT CHARGES ON THIS "NEW" HEARING? anyone know for sure...

can you find out please? thx betty [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This YouTube site, featuring Dr. Jones in an excerptfrom "Under Our Skin," was created by Andy Abrahams Wilson (creator of the documentary itself) - in an effort to help Dr. Jones meet a
critical, imminent fundraising deadline to retain his legal defense team. This is a wonderfully generous act on the part of Andy and Open Eye Productions!

Dear Folks,

We've created a YouTube site with an excerpt from UNDER OUR SKIN featuring Dr. Jones. There is information at the end of the clip and in the description on YouTube about how to donate. Please feel free to distribute widely!
The site can be accessed at www.YouTube.com/DefendLymeDoctors

Hope this helps!

Andy Wilson....

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for DONATION $$$$ NEEDED DESPARATELY TO HELP "ALL LYME KIDS" GOING TO DR. JONES TO GET WELL ....

for him NOT to worry about all these WITCHHUNT HEARINGS and he can concentrate on his KID LYME PATIENTS! [group hug]

RJPII
Member # 5876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJPII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some members of our support group including myself have just got up to speed with donating to this best of causes. Can anyone provide an update? Is he still proceeding with his defense as is?

Also should we be sending money to Dr Jones New Haven address or Pollack's Hartford address?

Managing time is an hourly battle for me with two two years and a ferocious fight with LD, but I will make a commitment to generate money for his cause
Thx

Posts: 77 | From Morris County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RJPII
Member # 5876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJPII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I meant to say that was "two year old twins" . A positive story in and of itself since I had Lyme for many years prior and more reason to get our voices heard on this problem!
Posts: 77 | From Morris County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOST CURRENT INFO WE HAVE IS HERE!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=069203

20-07-2008 04:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi Betty-

i kept waiting for permission to release the numbers i heard, and never received it.

the number i heard was higher than what was provided here, but the basic situation is the same.

the very generous outpouring of support- in small amounts that added up to a lot- was HEARD by the bean counters.

WHAT WE HAVE ALL DONE MATTERS!! AND CONTINUES TO MATTER!!

The first goal was not met; what came in was not even close, but the support demonstrated allowed for some breathing room. That time may be measured in days, perhaps, but that's a start, as long as we keep on working on.

(PS- Betty- I am putting up the website, not Dr. Jones. I don't speak for him or anyone else,and won't on the website.

As quickly as I can manage to do it, i'm creating a website with the goal of providing potential donors the info they need to feel comfortable about contributing to DFr, J's legal defense fund.

dill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1350 | From: in a state of prayer for Dr. Jones | Registered: Aug 2006 | IP: Logged

i can't find the specific one where she posted this....

total of $30,000 out of $90,000 ... they are still working to defend him but we need MUCH MORE.

i think that included $5,000 from CURE UNKNOWN BY PAM W, lyme member here !!

dilly or someone else mentioned there will be fundraisers, etc. to help meet each months $$$ !!

dilly will be in charge of ONE POST so we don't have dozen or MORE of same info!! we cant keep track of things then.

so that's the latest of what i've read here!

$$$ desparately needed! send to POLLAK ADDRESS

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement