LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best Practices for Mercury Removal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Practices for Mercury Removal
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more I research in preparation for having my amalgams out and undergoing some kind of mercury removal procedure, the more confusing it gets.

Some say chelation should be done simultaneously with the filling removal. Others say don't chelate until all the fillings are out so as not to pull more mercury out of the fillings and into the body.

Some say to use some of the products that remove mercury through the gut (Chelorex, Porphrazyme, etc.) before (to reduce the burden before releasing more), during, and after amalgam filling removal, claiming that it is safer by binding to the mercury in the gut and not putting it through the kidneys.

Some people say that DMSA and DMPS are dangerous drugs that can have some serious side effects with some people and are not a good solution. They prefer the products that I mentioned earlier. It was mentioned that OSR is the best and safest product for removal of mercury, but it is not current available since it's maker took it off the market in order to seek FDA approval, which could take 3 years or more.

Then there's the fact that my body is not excreting mercury. It wasn't found in hair and urine analysis tests. One person recommended using NAET to clear the allergy to mercury. I think NAET is a bunch of hocus-pocus. Tap the side of your hand with the fingers of the other hand 33 times and clear the allergy? Come on, give me a break.

All I know is that I need to do something quick with this because a couple my teeth have been decaying under the amalgams that are in my mouth. I need to get them out of there before the teeth die. I don't want to lose them, and as we all know, root canals are not an option.

I'd like to know what the board thinks.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ingredients of Porphrazyme look suspiciously vague:
Each tablet supplies:
Biologically Active Vegetable Extract 200 mg
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 120 mg

Biologically active vegetable extract contains naturally occurring chlorophyll, galactoglycerides, chlorophyll (a & b), phospholipids, carotenoids, sulfolipids, plasto quinones (a, b & c) menadione, cytochrome b6 & f, platocyanine, ferridoxin, naturally occurring trace minerals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ingredients of Chelorex are here:
http://www.detoxhealth.com/chelorexingredients.html

I found one supplier at $87.50 per 20 day supply... seems pricy for what it is.

Plus, it says that 18 pills are a serving size... that's a lot of pills to take for only 20mg of zinc, 200mcg of selenium...

And vitamin E is an oil... you should not take oils with minerals because they make each difficult for the body to absorb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you looked at the HPU protocol? This goes hand in hand with heavy metals... Page 18 of this slide presentation gives the recommended protocol. I started this while I still had amalgams:
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/hpu%202009.pdf

If you want to hear Dr. K explain it(this helped my understanding of the protocol), go here:
http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

I would not do any supplements with ALA, cilantro, EDTA, DMSA or DMPS whit amalgams sitll in.

Another place for learning about chelation is Karl Loren. I like his sites. http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a subject which I have researched a fair amount, and am passionate about.

I can only heartily recommend that people seek out a Hal Huggins-trained dentist www.drhuggins.com

Don't be put off by his sloppy spelling and not-so-great writing, he is incredibly well researched. He is a toxicologist, immunologist and dentist devoting his entire life to the subject of mercury poisoning and its health effects. He was penalized for this by the American Dental Assocation in a similar way to Lyme doctors, had his dentist's license pulled, etc because he was blowing whistles about mercury's health impacts. That is when he went back to medical school and became a toxicologist-immunologist. He has tracked the recovery rates of 65,000 patients world-wide after the amalgams are removed by his method, which grants FAR MORE! protection than the use of a rubber dam alone. He also has done 35 years of clinical research on consenting humans and animals. His is no small database and he has trained dentists world-wide in his advanced protocol to protect the body during removal of mercury-containing fillings.

I will explain:

A) The rubber dam used to prevent swallowing of bits of mercury and fillings, has holes which fit around your teeth. This means that tiny bits are swallowed. Dr Huggins stresses that all it takes is a few molecules of mercury to do nervous and immune system damage, that toxicologists agree that mercury is the most toxic substance on the planet, except for two radioactive isotopes which are worse. Ultimate protection is key.

B) To buffer the bits of metal which are swallowed with rubber dam use, Huggins trained dentists administer vitamin C by intravenous drip.

C) Huggins has found (using electronic measuring devices) that the mix of metals in the mouth cause the release of electrical currents, which in turn release metals. As the metals heat up during drilling/removal process, this causes yet more mercury to be released. The solution is to spray cold water on the teeth during drilling, to cool the metals down and prevent leaching.

D) As there are inevitable sprays in this process, and this will contain some molecules of mercury, Huggins has his dentists using a special air ionizer. The positively charged mercury ions bind with the negative ions in the machine, soaking up the mercury inside the machine. They also are very specific about which kind of machines to use, some will dump the contents right back into the room. This protects patient and dentist alike, from inhaling the mercury.

This goes far above and beyond what most dentists do when removing mercury-containing fillings from your mouth.

Note that dentists are not allowed to dump fillings down the drain and must dispose of them as toxic waste. They are not allowed to touch them without gloves on their hands, and the mercury is shipped to them as toxic waste. Yet the AMerican Dental Association goes and says that it is safe to put mercury into our very own mouths! LIars.

Here are several parallel studies showing recovery rates from various illnesses after removing fillings, charted by one of the societies for mercury-free dentistry:

http://www.flcv.com/hgrecovp.html

http://www.lichtenberg.dk/symptoms_before_and_after_proper.htm

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hello again Friend
To detoxify the mercury, I suggest to do this after you have had the mercury restoration done.

However, prior to it, as herbalist with some formal training and 7 years of daily reading in this area after formally training, I Would recommend that you do milk thistle prior to the drilling. This will greatly aid detoxification of the mercury thereafter, especially if you can do this for a month or even longer prior that would be ideal. The product I would recommend most highly is by Paradise Herbs, very high quality and alchohol/glycerin/excipient-free. Obtain it here at discount: www.iherb.com

Regarding DMSA et al, you will find that professional opinions vary (as they do in general, for most subjects). My acupuncturist's position made sense to me:

His concern was that with DMSA and other metal chelators, they pull the metals out of the cell efficiently, yes. HOwever, what is to detoxify the metals once pulled out of hte cells? "Detoxification can be retoxification" warns Hal Huggins aptly.

To protect the body with extra detox is key.

That's where my acupuncturist recommended the following product, called Metalloclear by the company Metagenics. It is formulated by Richard Shames, MD a thyroid authority and mainstream-trained naturopath who used to be a researcher with NIH, he is excellent.

This product boosts liver enzymes which detoxify metals, while slowly but efficiently pulling the metals out of your system.

This is really important.

HEADSUP!!! I would absolutely NEVER recommend a metal detox if you have leaky gut syndrome. Don't know if you do FYI ,but if yes, then detoxification is probably not even a safe thing to do until the gut lining is sealed back up. The booklet I recommend is by Elizabeth Lipski, CCN MS titled LEaky Gut Syndrome, it is short, lay-friendly and an excellently in-depth read (still lay-friendly however). Really good. You can also read about it here, with links to articles by about 6 different renowned naturopathic physicians: www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/154338

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

PS and one more important thing.

Make sure that bowel movements are very efficient prior to drilling of your teeth and detoxification. According to Dr Mark Hyman, if fecal material sticks to the intestinal walls (as if often the case) then the metals contained in them (and other toxins) are re-absorbed by the capillaries which feed into the gut lining.

To do an enema prior to the drilling and detoxification is probably a very good idea, to release any stuck material. Drink lots of filtered water, eat good fibers to sweep the intestinal tract clean, and use plenty of probiotics and vitamin C to keep bowel movements healthy and efficient. Digestive bitter herbs will promote bile flow from the liver, which can also ease constipation if present (caution: Bile is acidic so if there is hyperacidity or ulcers, or other overly-acidic digestive conditions, avoid the use of bitter herbs). Examples of bitter herbs include dandelion leaf, yarrow, mesclun salad mixes, artichoke leaf, goldenseal, barberry, oregan grape root and other digestive bitters. Swedish Bitters (available at healthfood stores) is a very good product. I also really like the formula by GAIA Herbs called Milk Thistle Yellow Dock. Both above formulas are alchohol-based, if there is any sensitivity to alchohol then avoid them. Fresh-squeezed lemonaide will also stimulate bile flow, but note that the sour taste is required: The canned stuff will not do the trick.

I hope this is helpful.

The above information does not substitute for a physician's personalized advice, and has not been evaluated by the FDA. This information does not diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the information, CI, but the stuff about leaky gut syndrome seems like a major stumbling block.

Based on what I've read, I can't see how anyone can have Lyme or mercury toxicity without having leaky gut because Lyme and mercury on their own are capable of creating the terrain issues in the gut that cause leaky gut syndrome.

From what I understand, it takes a lot of time to heal the leaky gut, and I'm not even sure if it's possible to do it if you've got Lyme. And again, with the decay issues I'm dealing with on some of these teeth, I don't have time to try and cure one thing to treat another. How does one even know if he/she has healed the leaky gut?

So here I am trying to get rid of the amalgams and the mercury so I can be successful against Lyme, yet Lyme causes the leaky gut which must be fixed before detoxing the mercury. It's an endless loop.

I'm not trying to argue about this, but just as I'm trying to figure out the right approach with enough stuff to worry about, this leaky gut element adds one more complication to the mix. And frankly, it's the first time I've heard it mentioned.

What I have done thus far is take Milk Thistle for a while now. I've also done some FIR saunas. I've taken antiparasitics and I'm about to do a colon cleanse.

Thanks momlyme for the info. I'll check out the links you provided.

--------------------
-chaps

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chaps:) -- I feel overwhelmed by this stuff also. And I've got to line up my ducks by 3/9 because that is when I'm having my amalgams removed. I feel like I can keep putting it off forever as I try to figure things out. But I am propelling myself forward because I think I need to take action now....as safely as I know how at the moment. The amalgams are releasing vapors every day into my system. They have got to go. Here's what my plan is. Let me know your thoughts.

Here's what I'm thinking --
I am going to have the amalgams removed the safest way possible (check out this video from the iaomt.com website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIUrj7s3PA&feature=related)

And I am going to chelate/mobilize/eliminate later, when I am certain of the process and trust the doctor to walk me through it.

Also, I will:
- Take Milk Thistle daily now and thru the whole process
- Take binders the day of (Charcoal is what I'm thinking) and subsequent days taking chlorella.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve my plan, please feel free to offer your thoughts.

Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Note that dentists are not allowed to dump fillings down the drain and must dispose of them as toxic waste. They are not allowed to touch them without gloves on their hands, and the mercury is shipped to them as toxic waste. Yet the AMerican Dental Association goes and says that it is safe to put mercury into our very own mouths! LIars."

Where did you get this info?
We put them down drains.. and have touched them without gloves (gross I know).
And yes they are still safe to use.
Can't wait until tests come out that all the white plastic fillings that you all love are found to give you more problems than the alloys did. Mercury content is so small anymore.. but hey.. lets not go there.. You all know how I feel by now.
[hi] peace to all.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hadlyme -- if someone had a hair analysis and finds they are very loaded with mercury (and also have all of the neuro tingling symptoms that go with it), isn't it a good idea to have the fillings replaced?

These are not easy decisions. And there seems to be no perfect solutions or totally inert fillings. Wish there were better choices.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Tammy, just ignore hadlyme. He/she, whatever is just a troll that tries to aggravate people every time the amalgam filling or root canal topics come up. The best thing to do to make him/her go away is to ignore.

As for your plan, it sounds good to me. It's probably the same approach I will take. I'll probably do a Dr. Natura colon cleanse to clean things up a bit in the gut first.

[ 02-19-2011, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
-chaps

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely not a troll last I looked..

I, She, Have been in dentistry for over 24 yrs now. I have degree's in the dental field, and have been a Dental CE lecturer amoung other areas of the Dental world.

I have lyme, babs... for almost as many years.

Chaps... we're here to state our thoughts... and I have every right just like you and others do.

To say I'm saying things to aggravate people is pretty interesting to say the least.

I could say the same thing about you.

We're here to state our thoughts, don't I have just as much a right as you do?

BUT.... as I said earlier.

We all have choices.. and we all have decisions to do what's best for our bodies.

I will stand firm in my belief and God bless you all in standing firm in yours.

If there are others out there that have questions. Isn't it a correct world to have both sides of the dicussion stated? Isn't that what Lymenet is all about? Or do we all have to agree?

Again, Peace to all... Lets 'play' nice folks.. I am... are you?

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Chaps
Sorry to overwhelm you, and I certainly understand your question. It is actually addressed in the article which I linked, FYI. As herbalist I am forbidden to give any sense of how long something takes to heal, only a doctor is allowed to give such prognoses. What I *can* say is that in my own experience, the gut lining healed *Very quickly!* when I got off gluten (to which I happen to be intolerant). Please note that I had undiagnosed lyme at hte time too, and am still working on it. Yet the gut lining healed rapidly for me. How did I know? Because symptoms disappeared.

In Elizabeth Lipski's book, she mentions a mere few weeks to heal the gut lining. All you need is the right combination of supplements and herbs.

Aloe vera: Very good, contains wound-healing allantoins. Caution, can create bowel dependency as laxative, use for short-term not long-term.

Calendula (marigold flower) is "markedly anti-fungal" (David Hoffmann, www.healthy.net) and also contains wound-healing allantoins. Helpful for restoring gut lining integrity.

L-Glutamine: This amino acid specifically is the first product to be used in any gut healing program. CAUTION: It is a nervous system excitant, avoid in agitated or other nervous over-amped conditions. Go moderately with dosage, see instructions on the bottle.

You can read about gut healing regimens in the linked article, in the other physicians' articles linked to it, or in Elizabeth Lipski's booklet (Excellent!). Again she referenced shorter healing spans, check it out. There is hope. Avoiding food allergens is key, and also non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin et al may be contributors. Avoid offenders, use the builders, and you will make progress. One physician whose article is linked in the article above, mentions that saliva contains wound-healing proteins and to chew one's food thoroughly, mixing it with saliva, is to aid gut lining healing.

I hope this helps! Best wishes to all, there is hope. And there always is.

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hello Hadlyme
To address your very legitimate question (Sorry for any offenders, I do not agree with them) it was a dentist in my area who told me they can't dispose of them down the drain, touch with ungloved hands, etc. This could be local regulations in the state in which I live, perhaps it is different where you are.

As for there being so little mercury in alloys, Huggins as toxicologist/immunologist states that toxicologists agree that it's the most toxic substance on the planet save for two radioactive isotopes. As above. Based on decades of very extensive research, he believes that all it takes is one molecule to do nerve and immune damage (I watered down the statement by saying "a few" but in fact, in his book It's All In Your Head and on his website, he says that one is all it takes. That's his professional opinion, but opinions may vary, as they always do).

I do not trust the ADA or the FDA even one little bit. I have uncovered quite a deceptive and even criminal track record where both are concerned.

You are right however to mention the hazards of hte plastics. PVC's from plastics cling to fatty tissue, contributing to breast cancer (of which there is a male version too). Yes there are hazards no matter what. Weighing in the balance, I myself choose the plastics above the mercury-containing fillings, I have read enough to be very concerned and wouldn't allow that stuff into my body.

Detox therapy can aid the release of PVC's much more easily than it can plastics. To do routine cleanses can help.

Thank you for weighing in, and I appreciate your position and your concern. I think the teachings in dental school may not always cue dentists in, and that is why there is some different viewpoint here. That is okay and even welcome. I appreciate and am interested in your thoughts. Thanks for sharing with us!

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Ooops! Correction:

"Detox therapy can aid the release of PVC's much more easily than it can plastics. To do routine cleanses can help. "

I meant to say that detox therapy can aid the release of PVC's much more easily than it can heavy metals. Sorry about that.

Routine cleanses can *help* but that is not a guarantee when plastics or metals are continually in one's mouth. HOwever they can help to ease the body's toxic burden yes.

This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and does not diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had almagams taken out and did nothing in terms of chelate or binders.

The bio-dentist however used chlorella to clean things up and was extremely careful in his practice to make sure not to intoxicate anyone (he's friends with Lee Cowden - both reside in Fort Worth, TX)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure you clear the metal allergies aka dysregulations before you remove the fillings. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=it&langpair=de|en&u=http://www.allergie-immun.de/
This therapy will also take care of the food allergies/malabsorption/leaky gut problems. For many it means no more wheat and grain, dairy sensitivity. Permanently.
Read the Allergie Immun Germany thread for more info and the website of AI which is loaded with information.

It will then be much easier to detox the accumulation of toxic heavy metals and chemicals. as well as all the other inherited errors in our DNA. I didn't realize how much toxic metals (mercury, lead, nickle, copper) I had been holding onto all these years until I started dumping it.

Don't overlook this. Getting well from Lyme is much easier once the immune system recognizes toxins again adn deals with it effectively.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Tammy
For a few days prior to and the day of your treatment, I would recommend taking as much as 3,000 mg per day of vitamin C to bowel tolerance (so long as no diarrhea develops or no kidney aches. My NP said that it is okay to take up to 3 grams per day without a doctor's supervision. Anything above that would require medical supervision, she offered).

Vitamin C buffers heavy metals.
I really like the Health Force Nutritionals Truly Natural Vitamin C, this is acerola cherry powder instead of a concentrated chemical. Therefore the body recognizes it as food and processes more of it than the chemical, which is seen as foreign by the body and therefore it can't utilize all of what you take. The acerola cherry will not cause the same side effects as the chemical vitamin C will (less chance of diarrhea, kidney aches,etc even at very high doses). If you use this product then unless you are super sensitive, you can take very high dosages of it. FYI I am a very sensitive person reacting to most things that other people don't, and even I can take very high dosages of this product. You could look for it here www.iherb.com or here www.vitacost.com

Metalloclear by Metagenics in follow-up is my best recommendation, purchase as above.

Best wishes with this!

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

Just curious - did Dr K introduce AI to you?

What's he think of it

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

I was told by a dentist to take the Vitamin C leading up to the day of amalgam removal, but on the day of removal, don't take any Vitamin C because it will cause the Novocaine to wear off so fast, it won't be effective in blocking the pain.

GiGi, about the AI, I'm in a time crunch. With a couple of the teeth, I've got to get the fillings and the decay out or risk losing the teeth. I don't have time to send a DNA sample to Germany, try to decipher what they send back and go through these drops and wait until I get to whichever round addresses the mercury allergies and then give it time to work. There's no telling how long that could take.

Beside that, if my body starts mobilizing lots of mercury via AI, how can I ensure that they're carried out safely, not just stirred up and dropped somewhere else in the body where they'll do more harm?

I've seen the "binders, binders, binders," statement without any detail about which binders work the best, if they should be taken individually and rotated vs. in combination, and how they should be timed in relation to mineral and other supplements to avoid binding to the "friendly" metals. These are important details. I know AI doesn't provide them.

Moving mercury around is a little too dangerous to be guessing about these kinds of questions.

--------------------
-chaps

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She introduced it to him - she mentions his comments somewhere on the AI thread. His photo is on the AI website recommending it. He would not recommend it without having tried it himself.

He is or was on the drops. Gigi will come along with more details I'm sure.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Chaps
Interesting that the dentist said vit. C will interfere with novacaine. I would suggest you check out everything with your dentist prior to applying any of the above.

FYI my Huggins=trained dentist used IV Vitamin C alongside conscious sedation (different from novacaine).

This is the best source of all: On Dr Huggins's website, he has a center you can call and ask his trained aides for free advice. Huggins pays his assistants as public service , and makes his money training dentists in his method. They can advise you about protocols, common practices, Huggins's point of view on things based on more than 35 years of research and a database of 65,000 patients, his research is very sophisticated and in-depth. www.drhuggins.com or www.halhuggins.com

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Thanks for all the info, CI.

I googled "Vitamin C and Novocaine" and lots of results came up confirming what the dentist told me about it making it wear off faster.

In fact, the link below shows a page indicating all the steps that a particular dentist's office uses for amalgam removal. In item #3, they recommend that the patient doesn't take any oral vitamin C the day of the procedure, yet at the same time in item #6, they mention that they might use IV vitamin C before, during or after the procedure. Seems to contradict itself. Here's the link:

http://www.grotondentalwellness.com/Dental_Spa/Dental_Procedures/Mercury_Filling_Removal/

That's what's so frustrating about Lyme, mercury, and all of it's related concerns--they're all loaded with contradictions. It seems no matter what you find to try and help yourself, you can always find source of information that will tell you not to do it. Half the time, you don't know whether to crap or go blind.

--------------------
-chaps

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dentist said you MUST stay awake and alert (no sedation or gas) during the procedure because you must stay very aware of breathing through your nose. Even with all the vacuums for mercury removal, You must not breath through your mouth during the procedure.

My dentist also mentioned Vitamin C before and after... but not the day of the procedure because it interferes with the Novocaine.

My dentist had me rinse with charcoal and swallow it before the procedure.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hello Chaps
So sorry for your frustration and confusion. Remember that we are not doctors or dentists here, so all has to be run by the doc/dentists for confirmation. Go with their advice, using the info here as ideas to be subject to their approval.

That said, perhaps consider what can be done *after* the drilling is done.

Again in Hal Huggins office they are trained in this info and can answer these sorts of questions, out of the mouth of the dentist/toxicologist/immunologist who trained them and has done more than 3 decades of research. The phone number is on the website. I have talked to them and they have not tried to "Sell" me on a Huggins-trained dentist, merely given info, completely free of charge. You can also email Dr Huggins himself for $35 last I knew, he can answer your questions or he will also consult you by phone for a fee.

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Thanks again, CI.

--------------------
-chaps

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Well, CI here we go again. I contacted Dr. H's office.

I've said something before to the effect that no matter how much research you do, you'll always find something to contradict it or throw another wrench in the works?

Well that's exactly what I experienced when I called H's office.

Someone called me back and said, that my condition will undoubtedly get worse if I don't go to a Dr. H-trained dentist.

He said that if the dentist does not use a "Rita-meter" to determine the correct sequence in removing the fillings, then the end result will be no different than if the dentist took no precautions at all.

When I asked for a scientific explanation of what happens if the proper sequence is not followed, he was not able to provide it. He said I'd have to speak to Dr. H about that.

Then he proceeded to give me the name of the closest dentist to me who is H-trained.

The fact that he was not able to provide me with a scientific explanation of his claims makes the whole thing sound fishy to me.

But like I said, here we go again. I thought I had a good dentist selected for this procedure. Now someone else has cast more doubt.

I'm going to try and see if I can talk to Dr. H directly. If they're going to make these claims, then they ought to be able to back it up with science.

Otherwise, it's just a deceptive dentist referral system.

By the way, the dentist they recommended is from a third-world country. Oh great, that gives me a lot of confidence.

--------------------
-chaps

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Oh, now isn't this lovely.

I called Dr. H's office again to speak with him. They told me that they would have to charge me the $35 fee to talk to him directly.

What a clever little money-making scheme. When you call their phone number, they tell you that due to heavy call volume, you'll have to leave your number and then they'll call you back.

So they have a flunky call you back, give you some "teaser" information to scare you, but don't provide enough credible supporting information in order for you to make an informed decision.

Then they want to charge you money to speak to the "Wizard of Oz." Or as an alternative, you can go to their website and buy their e-book.

Oh, how conveeeeeeeeeeenient.

Then Dr. H probably collects a nice referral fee when you go to one of his recommended dentists.

Oh this is beautiful. Here we are, seriously sick people trying to do everything we can to get well, and there are all kinds of sharks out there on every streetcorner using scare tactics with their hands out eager to take our money.

If I get ticked off enough I'll just go out into the garage, grab a pair of pliers and yank all my teeth out myself and say to heck with them! That's how I feel right now.

--------------------
-chaps

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That whole scenario is messed up Chaps. I'd be angry. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a terrible situation but even more so when you know that particular Wizard can really help you. He's good but the whole Lyme controversy has caused this craziness.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chaps, not sure exactly what you are looking for but this biological dentist has been around for years and is always highly recommended:

http://www.wholebodymed.com/

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camp Other
Unregistered

chaps,

For what it's worth, I saw a holistic dentist who safely removed my old amalgams (rubber dams, special procedure, ionizer and special air circulator - whole 9 yards - important because you *are* exposed to the most mercury upon removal) and did not get the kind of "teaser" you are talking about or fee. My dentist acted like any other dentist, called me back or his staff did, and they answered any questions without a fee.

I think a bit of healthy skepticism protects people from being taken unfair advantage of, and with as many charlatans out there as there are, it's important to question what they have to offer. Yes, they may understand and be sympathetic - but do they really 'get it' or are they just after my money?

It's also important to remain positive and research treatments that can help and know they are out there - too much skepticism can lead one away from something that can help.

Balance is key.

momlyme
Member # 27775

I believe chiquita mentioned that he does charge for phone consultations. Not sure what you would get for your $35.

Have you looked at http://www.iaomt.org for a biological dentist? The dentist I found through this site followed the correct procedure for removing the amalgams.

He handed me a book called "Dentistry Without Mercury" during our first consultation along with a few handouts with procedures outlined, choices for checking for allergies to the resin based composites they use...

The entire process was pleasant. Best dentist I ever saw.

--------------------
May health be with you!

mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a little surprised no one is mentioning Dr Garry Gordon in Arizona who is usually considered the father of chelation.

Yes he is not a dentist and probably has no expertise in amalgam removal, but when it comes to the therapeutic strategy surrounding the dental procedure I would consider him quite expert.

Here is a link that I hope contains his thoughts on the matter. Dr Gordon also hosts web seminars and teleconferences for free.

http://gordonresearch.com/search.html?q=amalgam+removal&cx=012581380821099973690%3A0cky31jiwz8&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&sa.x=25&sa.y=8#1171

Chaps I hear that you are in a pinch for time and money, but there might be some holistic dental strategies that might slow your decay and give you more time.

I have heard that they do have strategies which can occasionally save teeth that have deemed root canal necessities by mainstream dentistry

Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Chaps
I am sorry you had the experience of being "Sold" without being given much information. That had *never* Been my experience in the past talking with them, FYI. QUite the opposite. I had called and talked extensively on several occasions, and they had given me quite a lot of time and info, oh yes.

As for the Huggins protocol of removing teeth in a certain sequence (according to which is leaching the most/the most infected), Huggins believes that to remove them out of order is to burden the immune system. He is very into acupuncture and the meridians, drawing his beliefs based on that. This part of the protocol is one which I don't exactly question per se, yet I would also not go so far as to think that the order in which teeth are removed affects immune function sum total. It's possible he may go a bit overboard in that area. HOwever, his protocol to protect patients is truly far above and beyond what I have seen in others. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in others, but surely it also is not something I have commonly seen, even working in the health setting for a number of years FYI and reading daily for the past 7 years after formally training in herbalism. I am very researched in my opinions. HOwever, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do whatever you feel most comfy with and by all means, you absolutely should!

Sorry again if this didn't work out but let me assert that Camp Other is right: Skepticism is healthy but at times it can also divert us from true help. I truly do believe that Huggins has the best answers where mercury removal is concerned and would refer the most chemically sensitive patients under hte sun to him. He has a lot of experience with those patients too FYI and they respond well to his treatment, which is saying a lot.

None of this is to say that others don't have the answers out there.

I did disclose to you that Huggins will charge for a consultation but of course reading online, it is so easy for the eyes to skip over things.

Blessings to you and may you find the path that suits you best. Just be careful though, mercury is noxious stuff and protection is truly important for your health.

I do not work for Huggins nor have any inside connections, acquaintances, etc.

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

AAAK! I have been fatigued and writing mistakes. Sorry, let me correct this:

I meant to say "removing fillings from teeth" not "removing teeth". Huggins trained dentists won't remove teeth unless the roots are dying or there is other good reason. Sorry about that. Take care and be well.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Chaps -- You have such a great way of writing sometimes.....I don't know why I'm laughing right now, but I just can't help it. I feel your frustration jumping off the screen, and I TOTALLY share your frustration. Your post at 6:02pm just hit my funny bone in the right way. I can't stop laughing. And I know it's not a laughing matter, but I am literally laughing out loud right now.

Sometimes I think we are so screwed in this loop of insanity, I really think I'm losing it LOL.

Thank God we have each other. We will get through this. Hang in there, my friend.

Tammy

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Hey Tammy, I'm glad I made you laugh. Was it the part where I said "I don't know whether to crap or go blind" that tickled your funny bone?

CI I appreciate your answer that "to remove them out of order is to burden the immune system." Unfortunately, that answer is too general, too vague, and not convincing enough for me and I would expect a Huggins representative to be able to give me a better answer.

After reflecting on my conversation yesterday Dr. H's "representative" my initial gut reaction still prevails. I think the guy is full of crap.

This guy was melodramatic on the phone. When he first contacted me, he left me a phone message on which his voice was so emphatic, saying "it is absolutely critical" that the dentist I choose be H-trained, and on and on and on.

When I spoke to him, he was critical of DAMS International, critical of the IAOMT, saying that they don't know what doctor H knows.

I told him that I had already gone through a painstaking and expensive process of having consultations with not one, but FOUR holistic, amalgam-safe dentists within a 50 mile radius of where I live and that I had selected one to do the work; I was merely calling to find out about what I should be doing for preparation.

Then I get this line about, "Oh no, you can't, you mustn't go with anyone who is not H-trained because if you don't, you are certain to develop a chronic illness, and if you are already chronically ill, you will surely get much worse."

So he gives me this big song and dance, then when I ask him a simple question that gets right to the heart of the matter, which is:

Why is it so critical to remove the fillings in a specific order according to negative electrical charges?

All of a sudden, this guy, like flipping a switch goes from being this highly technically-astute, dogmatic expert that I should listen to, 180 degress to an ignorant flunky!

"Oh, well I don't know, you'll have to talk to Dr. H about that."

WHAT? The guy is so emphatic and strongly opinionated about something, then turns around in the same breath and says that he doesn't really know the science behind why he's so strongly opinionated? This has BULLCRAP written all over it!

What he shared with me about the dentists in Florida that are H-trained certainly raised some questions in my mind which I won't get into here.

Nevertheless, I wonder if these dentists had thriving abundant practices before becoming H-trained. One of those things that makes you say, "HMMMM".

Dr. H is right when it comes to his claims about the dangers of amalgam fillings.

There is plenty of evidence of all kinds and many other factions backing up those claims.

But it appears to me that at some point, he got a little disappointed that he was not making enough money for having been a pioneer in this area and he came up with this Rita meter scam in an attempt to capitalize on all his previous work.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to call this numbskull back and say, "Look. I called you looking for some recommendations on preparatory procedures and you ignore my question and continue with this big song and dance about Rita-meters and sequencing, then you want me to pay money to find out more? I'll tell you what, you go to Dr. H and ask him the question you couldn't answer for me and then call me back with the answer. If you can provide me with a credible/plausible answer to my question, then I'll consider going to one of the dentists whom you recommend."

If they aren't willing to do that, then it proves to me that this whole thing is just a ploy to scare people into paying for consultations, buying books, and using affiliated dentists that pay referral fees to Dr. H.

I can't believe this guy. If he's the guy responsible for calling all these people back and engaging in the conversation about the Rita meter, surely he must be asked the question that I asked quite often, and you'd think that he'd know the answer!

In the meantime, I'm going to call DAMS Int'l and the IAOMT and see what they have to say about it. If this whole thing about the Rita meter is legit, they'd be acknowledging it as such.

This whole thing STINKS. It stinks worse than the krill oil supplement I'm about to take.

Oops. I better rethink that. Maybe the order in which I put my supplements in my mouth is very critical, too.

Sorry for the long-winded repetitive rambling. I tend to ramble when I'm ticked-off.

--------------------
-chaps

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Good morning Chaps!

Can they supply you with a list of docs in your area? That may be worth checking into. And maybe one of the docs you met with already may be Dr. H trained.

Try not to let your mounting skepticism get the best of you. There may be a chance that Dr. H.'s whole protocol has great merit, but his staff just doesn't handle things as well as they should.

Think of how far-fetched all us Lymies sound when we try to educate/help/inform people about Lyme and necessary treatments. Most people think there is NO WAY what we are saying is true. So maybe what Dr. H says about the dental thing has merit. Who knows?

I never heard of that meter thing, or the necessity of handling dental issues in a particular order. The complexity of these complicated issues wear me out. If I learn anything new that I can do to help myself before my 3/9 appt, I'll do it. Otherwise, I am going to trust in my highly regarded biological dentist.... and hope for the best.

For what it's worth -- I ran into Dr. B ("the" Dr. B) at Dr. K's seminar this past weekend in NY. I had a nice chat with him and asked him who removed his amalgams. He said "Have you heard of Hal H------?" Thought that was interesting.

Have a great day!
Tammy

(All of your 6:02pm had me laughing from beginning to end (in an understanding way because I GET you). And I know it's not really funny, but your frustrated sarcasm has just hit home with me. Still laughing actually. Sick, I know.)

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Chaps
Thank you for weighing in with me and for your open-hearted conversation.

It sounds to me like you had a new staff member who you talked to. When I had talked with them, it was on three occasions that they gave me about 1/2 hour at a time, full of scientifically-informed advice. The person I was talking to (Cheryl) really knew her stuff, but she also left later on. She was not the only knowledgeable one however. I had talked with others too who really knew their stuff very well.

It is possible to know some things and not to have answers for others. Nobody can know it all. That's what it sounds like in the case of this person who you talked to. Keep in mind too that to "fake people out" when it comes to health is ethically the wrong thing to do. If the staff person didn't know the answer to your question, they were right to refer you on.

Let me say once again, however, that Huggins has *the* protocol which grants *Far more* protection than any other that I have come across. Once again I want to say that I read voraciously, looking at studies and health facts on a daily basis for the last 7 years. I can't say that I have studied Huggins/amalgams daily for that period of time, but I can say for sure that I researched it fairly extensively in the past and have continued to read since.

Your skepticism is understandable and it is healthy to ask questions. It is possible that it may be turning you away from help however. To be honest with you, I agree with the staff member that to do any other method than Huggins's is to risk mercury re-exposure and health impact. That's not a small health matter either. It's very important to check into the reality of that.

See the studies I linked about which health conditions people recovered from after the *safe* and *proper* removal of their amalgams.

You don't have to agree that the order in which fillings are removed is the greatest matter of importance, and I am not sure I do either. However the rest of his protocol makes absolute scientific sense to me and if you give either him or his staff a chance, you may find yourself having walked into a very good door.

FYI I had my amalgams removed by a Huggins-trained dentist while I was myself chemically sensitive, reacting with MS-like symptoms to everything under the sun. Their protection was so good that I had ZERO symptoms thereafter and what's more, after one tooth was extracted I had ZERO pain and no need for pain medications! That was incredible. This very skilled dentist himself had recovered from Lou Gherig's Disease after Huggins himself removed his amalgams. Huggins too had partial recovery from his MS case. He claims "partial" not *full* recovery and is very full-disclosure about patients who had zero improvements in their various illnesses, those who had *partial* recovery and those who had *full* recovery, each alike. To obtain a d-base with 65,000 patients world-wide (based on dentists he has trained) is no small d-base and neither is 35 years of clinical research on animals and consenting people, each alike.

Your question about the success of their dental practices prior to studying with Huggins: In fact, they are risking their reputations and following their convictions by studying with him. In much the same way that Lyme docs are penalized in court, have their licenses revoked, etc Huggins has been targeted by the Feds for his brave and ethical work for human health. The Feds are evil if you ask me, but that is a whole other chapter and not merely a brief comment online. I am going to post some track records about this in the activism section, stay tuned. So long as the moderators here approve of it, it will be appearing, and soon too. You won't believe it.

I think you should do whatever you feel most comfy with, but be careful about reading into things so much and jumping to conclusions based on what sounds to me like a new staff member.

FYI Huggins has to pay his staff and his fee for consulting is far from enough to pay them. Be advised, if you were going to consult him, that the $35 fee last I knew was for email and that to consult him in person is more. What's to expect of a doctor's time?

I wish you the best with this and hope you find a protective path that feels right *for you*. Whatever that path is, just make sure it fully protects you because the impacts of mercury exposure are not a joke.

Watch this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-qhxa-3Wbw

Careful, my friend. And I sincerely wish you the best with this. I hope all goes well, smoothly and healthfully and happily for you. Cheers.

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

PS and regarding acupuncture, how is it scientifically explained? I am sure there have been studies done but this is not an area in which I have read up. Most likely, there is not much scientific explanation for things like energy meridians et al. Neither is there scientific explanations for the subconscious mind, for thoughts ,feelings, etc which we can't touch or feel. Yet they are real, very real.

Energy work in human health is very for real. Dr Huggins could be right that to remove the most affected tooth's fillings first relieves a burden on the immune system. But what scientific evidence shows it? I don't know.

I do know however that he has used electronic instruments to measure the electrical currents coming from teeth. He has shown on live TV coverage how the fillings "charge" more after drinking hot liquids, "cool down" after cold fluids are drunk, etc. Despite showing the electrical currents with electronic instruments on live TV, the Feds still managed to thumb their noses at him. These are unethical people who don't give a damn about human health and want to make big money for Big Pharma and the amalgam industry (Note: One of the FDA's main commissioners, Margaret Hamburg, was one of the amalgam industry's top executives, reaping a $250K salary each year from them. Her planting in the FDA panel is clear and strategic, as is her work for the amalgam industry on that board).

I suggest that your skepticism may have gone overboard and may be hurting you. FYI Huggins is mentioned in a giant 1000-page manual which I happen to own, with a foreward by Deepok Chopra, and which is one of the prime alternative medicine reference manuals around ("Alternative Medicine, A Definitive Guide"). His work is mentioned in plenty of other alternative medicine *reference* sources and he has had strong influence on the amalgam restoration movement. I do not know this for a fact, but also would not be surprised if it was because of him that dentists in the state I am living in, must now disclose the birth defects impact of mercury for pregnant women and that they are no longer using mercury in fillings.

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Sorry, and this will be my last post. Electrical currents come from the *amalgams in* the teeth , not the teeth themselves, of course. It's the mix of metals which causes them to charge like batteries, right near the brain. The electrical charge facilitates the release of mercury.

Yet mercury is classified as the most toxic substance on the planet save for two radioactive isotopes. And the Feds go toot-tooting how safe it is in our very own mouths. And we believe them! What fools these mortals be. And what criminals we are paying on our dime. It is time to oust them all and to replace the barrel of bad apples with good ones! That's my two cents worth.

Talk to you later gator and have a good day.

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Momlyme and others, keep in mind that I have already been through an exhaustive and expensive process of selecting a dentist out of 4 holistic dentists with whom I've consulted.

I don't think that holistic dentistry is a crock. I just think that with this Rita meter thing, Dr. H has gone a little overboard in trying to grab his slice of the pie.

Tammy, you asked if they provided me a list of dentists. He didn't provide a written list, just a verbal summary. Two of the dentists are in Miami and one of them is elsewhere in FL and comes from Haiti.

The dentist I decided upon is a dentist who has been in practice in the U.S. for over 30 years and is VERY well respected. He is so booked up, you've got to schedule way in advance. He's got state of the art equipment, and of the four holistic dentists with whom I've consulted, he's the only one who uses a vinyl dam, AND a clean-up tip (as well as all the other IAOMT-recommended equipment). The others only use one or the other, but not both.

CI, You say, "careful my friend." That's exactly what I'm doing, I'm being careful. And it's the Dr. H side that raises the most doubts.

What do you expect me to do, pass up on the dentist I just described and go to this third-world dentist who probably took a Dr. H seminar just in order to get referrals from him?

They'll probably knock me out with anesthetic and I'll wake up to the sound of tic-tac maracas and find myself being subjected to the Haitian voo-doo wattle torture. You haven't gone over to their side, have you?

Wouldn't I have to be rather stupid and foolish to do that?

Here's the whole rub about the H protocol. It's no different than the IAOMT's protocol that all holistic dentists follow except for the Rita meter, which indicates which fillings have the highest negative charge.

According to Dr. H, the quadrant with the filling with the highest negative charge needs to be removed first.

All it takes is a simple ammeter (aka amp meter) to test for this. It needs no customization or specialization for the application of testing the negative charges of amalgam fillings.

So what Dr. H has done is take a simple ammeter, given it a special name to create an air or mystique about it and make it seem like something special, which it is not.

All it would take is a one-minute explanation of how to test the negative charge of a filling which could be explained in a short paragraph. But Dr. H has to create this big illusion that someone has to go through some special training to become "H-trained" in order to be able to use this ammeter.

Give me a break. Does someone need to go to a special training seminar to learn how to flip on a light switch? --Or to put the toilet seat down? Measuring the electical current emanating from a tooth is no more difficult.

Maybe I should post a poll with the following questions:

How many of you out there had your amalgams removed by a non-Huggins-trained holistic dentist?

Did you die? (I'd like to see someone answer that "yes.")

Did you get better?

Did you get worse?

I'm no psychic, but I think I can pretty accurately predict the outcome of that poll.

Bottom line:

I've already selected a dentist. Case closed.

If anyone has any further comments related to my question which is the topic of this thread, then fine, I'd appreciate input on that.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in hearing any more about Dr. H and his peter-meter.

--------------------
-chaps

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sounds like you did some good research and selected a fine dentist. I'm inclined to agree with you that Dr. H., or at the very least that one person you spoke to at his office, is a bit overboard. I don't think that Dr. H. has a monopoly on good dentistry.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the question of whether energy meridians have scientific standing.

There are reports of root canals being removed being associated with improvement in specific organs which are claimed to be on the same energy meridian.

If these claims are true and are consistent with the proposed meridians, I would consider that scientific proof of a sort

Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camp Other
Unregistered

chaps,

My amalgams were removed years ago by a holistic dentist, and I still have some because I never got all of the Hg ones removed at that time. I read HH's book back then, but it wasn't what convinced me to have them removed... what convinced me was they were falling apart and I found there was high variability in how much they could be releasing vapor depending on circumstances. Also, like the Norwegians, I wanted to make sure the Hg was removed and disposed of properly for environmental reasons.

I felt better after they were removed, even with my remaining fillings. This was pre-Lyme, too, so my experience may not factor in here.

I will say I agree with you that I think the special meter is BS and it shouldn't matter what order fillings are removed. Teeth, yes - upper molars are particularly difficult and can lead to sinus fistulas which are open to more infection, so I'd do that last (I suppose removing a filling that goes into an upper root canal *might* apply here) but that is about infection and not about charge.

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

quote:
If these claims are true and are consistent with the proposed meridians, I would consider that scientific proof of a sort
No, that's anecdotal evidence, not scientific.

--------------------
-chaps

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

quote:
I don't think that Dr. H. has a monopoly on good dentistry.
BINGO, Michael! I couldn't have said it better myself.

--------------------
-chaps

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Chaps
I am so glad that you found someone really good whom you trust. The combination of the cleanup tip with the vinyl dam does sound good and as before, I think it's really important that people go with whatever method/whichever person they feel most comfy wtih. I am glad for you! Best wishes with this.

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be having my amalgams out soon, but in the meantime I've been keeping an open discussion about it with a friend of mine, a dental tech.

She is very interested in this amalgam removal info since talking to me. I forwarded her the link to this thread, thinking it might interest her.

Here's what she said,
---------------------------------
"WOW! I do not understand most of what is being posted. But I negatively recalled the name Hal Huggins. His true history is not what is portrayed in some of the posts.

There is a negative post about "free info", that is not free info from contact info from someone on the lyme post as well.

These links (see below) are what I came up with and you have to remember that I was educated with a science degree in the mainstream dental arena, and as I am open minded, I am not blind. I wanted to get a master degree in dental research, that was my love. Never happened, so I am not an expert.

In my view, why doesn't one of these anti-amalgam dentists/experts have a juried study of clinical dental workers: dentists, dental assistants, dental hygienists, receptionists.

If these people are obtaining high levels of mercury poisoning due to the working environment, it could be documented. Never have I seen a scientific study of this, nor do I know if one exists.

I support any decision you make for amalgams. And feel free to ask me any questions or send info you receive that you question or would be of interest to me. I care about you and want to help in any way I can!

Hope you are all well soon, wish I could help you more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Huggins

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/huggins.html

-------------------------

I found it interesting what she said about Huggins and she sure has a point with the study, or lack of. It's a good thought.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

17 hens said

There is a negative post about "free info", that is not free info from contact info from someone on the lyme post as well

Is this regarding what I said about Dr Gordon? If so I really do not understand what you are trying to say

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Oh, now here we go with the Quackwatch.

Stephen Barrett is paid by conventional medicine to ridicule and undermine all alternative medicine and portray it as quackery.

I don't even waste my time reading anything that has his name attached to it.

And any time you ask someone who works for the enemy (conventional dentists) you're going to get the ADA's company line.

quote:
you have to remember that I was educated with a science degree in the mainstream dental arena

This person claims to have a science degree right after posting jibberish like this:

quote:
There is a negative post about "free info", that is not free info from contact info from someone on the lyme post as well.
I'd say she needs to go back and take some grade-school-level English courses because she'd obviously flunk an equivalency exam if she took one. How does one get into college with such a lack of command of the English language? I can't even figure out what the heck she's trying to say.

Man, oh man, this forum is sure full of interesting people.

--------------------
-chaps

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, I thought my friend was talking about the Dr. H. that was mentioned, not what you wrote, mattnapa.

Chaps said, "Stephen Barrett is paid by conventional medicine to ridicule and undermine all alternative medicine and portray it as quackery"

And hmmmm, I didn't know that, Chaps. (And you know what, she's a friend of mine, a wonderful lady, so there's no reason to get all insulting, thank you.)

I was just trying to share her insights here. Thought it would make us all "think" a bit more. I'm happy to remove it if you'd like.

What she did say about, "If these people are obtaining high levels of mercury poisoning due to the working environment, it could be documented." makes sense though, no?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Indeed Barrett is a quack himself and paid to try to ruin the reputation of anyone he can find that does any thing alternative. Anything he writes is pure rubbish.
17hens
Member # 23747

Thanks for telling me, Abxnomore and Chaps. I was not aware, so it's good to know.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

17hens, call DAMS International and ask them to send you data on the higher than average insanity and suicide rates among dentists.

It is documented.

--------------------
-chaps

17hens
Member # 23747

OK, that's good, I'll tell her. I'd love to give her some really good info to help her see w/out the medical glasses on. She's pretty open, you know. Do you have any more ideas?

Hmmmm, a dentist she used to work for died at a young age (50) of a brain tumor. He was bipolar too.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

momlyme
Member # 27775

This is a well documented article:

"Mercury from dental amalgam fillings: studies on oral chelating agents for assessing and reducing mercury burdens in humans"
http://www.encognitive.com/node/2876

Here is a link to a DAMS article on "Health Effects from Dental Personnel Exposure to Mercury Vapor from Dental Amalgam"
http://www.flcv.com/dental.html

More DAMS info:
http://www.flcv.com/dams.html

--------------------
May health be with you!

17hens
Member # 23747

Thanks, Heather. I'll pass all your info on to her. As long as she's open to it, I'll keep feeding her good info.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

17 Hens,
I was not going to post again because as before, I really believe that people need to go with whatever path they themselves feel most comfy with. I was re-posting to make corrections but the repeated messaging may have miscommunicated itself as being pushy for the Huggins cause. I do not wish to do that, again I think people should go down whatever path they feel most comfy with, but I do wish to fervently correct what you said.

No studies? Bah humbug! The dental professional you are talking with has confessed that she hasn't done her research.
Did you read my posts above? See the studies? Watch the movie of an MS patient testifying for the FDA? I will repeat:

Hal Huggins is *the* pioneer in this exact area of studies and has influenced the mercury restoration industry at large. He is quoted widely in alternative medicine textbooks and for a reason. He has done his studies and research. And how.

He has done 35 years of research on laboratory animals, and on consenting adults. Having trained dentists world-wide in his method of safely removing mercury-containing fillings from peoples' mouths, he has logged a database of the recovery rates of 65,000 patients world-wide from many auto-immune illnesses which "Science" (bah humbug) somehow or other can't explain. That is not only an enormous number of people, but also a wide cultural cross-sector, which greatly adds to the credibility of his statistics. How many studies of 1000 or more people are on www.pubmed, the government medical d-base? SOme yes, but many no. 65,000 patients is no small number of people, to repeat. He also fully discloses the percentages of patients who recovered 0%, to his credibility, while stating carefully that some people recovered "partially" or "Fully". He is an ethical man.

Here is one example, you can read about this in his book "It's all In Your Head". He removed the amalgams (using his safe method, very important) from the mouths of cancer patients, with their consent. They begain to go into remission. Then he would (with their consent) put the fillings back in, and they would begin to relapse. Remove yet again (With consent) and they would improve. I no longer recall exactly which percentage of patients responded in this way, but I will say that he has seen (over 35 years of research periods) people be affected by mercury and to improve from auto-immune attack cases like lupus, Lou Gherig's Disease (my own Huggins-trained dentist recovered from this as Hal Huggins removed his fillings from his mouth), and Huggins himself had "partial" recovery from MS after removing his fillings.

This is not mere anectdotes. He does actual scientific studies. It so happens however that anectodal information comes in the tens of thousands of people. By that point, it is no longer coincidence, it is a clear and provable pattern, again in multiple cultures and not just one.

See the studies I linked above. These were compiled by the Society for Toxic Free Dentistry, not by Huggins, however the dentists involved also were trained by Huggins.

I can understand why some people react wiht skepticism to the idea of removing fillings from teeth in a certain order. It is okay to be skeptical and important to ask questions. It is also important to research first and then go with a path one feels most comfortable with. That said, Huggins also has a track record of safely removing the fillings from even environmentally ill patients with very few if any symptomatic problems. I myself was such a patient and had ZERO neurological responses after treatment. Previously I could not walk into a clothing store and smell the garment dyes without having instant MS-like symptoms. After having MERCURY removed from my mouth by a Huggins dentist, I had zero pain from the extracted tooth, needed not even aspirin, and had ZERO neurological symptoms. That is a miracle and really shows how state-of-the-art his protection protocol is.

Frankly while it's smart to ask questions, I also think it is honestly *stupid* to throw the baby out with the bath water and react as fiercely/with such hostility as above based on *one* thing in a protocol one does not agree with. Again it is okay not to agree with it, but to go so far as to swing into nastiness and hostility as posted by some people above, is just ridiculous. I always react to that with disgust and turn-off, to be honest.

Don't think that the bad rap about Huggins is without industrial interests. It so happens that Margaret Hamburg, FDA commissioner, was one of the amalgam industry's top executives and earning a salary of over $200K annually. Think her placement on the FDA panel is without strategic reason? Think again.

Why is it that multiple countries overseas have outright banned amalgams, but America won't budge? Why is it that an overseas conference with the FDA and other governments (who outright ridiculed our own FDA for a 2-day period) resulted in nothing but a kangaroo "evaluation" of the mercury/health matter? These FDA and ADA people are criminals as much as anyone suing Lyme doctors for treating their patients. For profits, they are keeping is knowingly sick. They hear testimonies from people in person, and yet continue to hold down the cause of the truth being known. Huggins was slammed for a reason, and anybody who does not research this further is showing a narrow mind, jumping to conclusions based on zero info.

Do your research first, please, before posting opinions as "fact". And please cue your friend in, 17 Hens, this person means well and simply doesn't know the facts. TONS of studies have been done, the truth has simply been repressed and ridiculed. WIth no good reasons in mind.

The people involved in publicly repressing and ridiculing this life-altering information ought to rightfully be jailed, not just sued.

17hens
Member # 23747

Chiquita said, "Do your research first, please, before posting opinions as 'fact'."

I don't think I posted that way. I posted by including an email from a friend who is in the dental business, coming from a close minded background, but is open to learning more. If it sounded like I did, I apologize.

Chiquita also said, "And please cue your friend in, 17 Hens, this person means well and simply doesn't know the facts."

Yes, you hit the nail on the head and that is exactly what I hope to do. Thanks for your help!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

17, sorry that I did get a little insulting regarding your friend's quotes.

It's a little bit of Lyme rage brought on by my frustration with the topic compounded with the fact that conventional dentists are still trying to perpetuate the ADA's lies and are teaching them to the up and coming generation.

I hope your friend will become enlightened quickly, because the mercury will be accumulating in her body each time she is exposed to those fumes. If she ever plans on having children, she will be exposing them as well.

--------------------
-chaps

17hens
Member # 23747

Thank you, chaps. I appreciate it.

Lyme rage? That was my middle name for about 7 years and it all (almost all anyway) cleared up with treatment. So I understand it from the inside out.

Frustration (esp. w/ the medical community) doesn't clear up with treatment though, I'm afraid - I'll just have to work thru that one myself! [Wink]

That's why I'm worried about her too. She's a single mom with a teenager and both have some odd medical issues IMO. My hope is that she hears what we're saying and stays open to it.

She's a strong lady who makes things happen and if she can see what's true, even though it contradicts what she's been taught by the profession, she will make good things happen. She's a great friend, and worth my time and efforts.

Thanks for your help with this. And your understanding. I hope we all find our way thru. It's a maze, isn't it.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Chiquita - have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIUrj7s3PA&feature=related. If not, would you mind taking a look and let me know your thoughts. My doc is an accredited member of iaomt.com, and actually teaches classes on safe removal (as shown in this video).

My doc does not do the IV. But I was thinking that maybe I can run over to my LLMD right after the procedure and get the IV there. What do you think?

My appt. is set for 3/9 and I need to go thru with it as I have to have this completed before I go to Dr. K's clinic at the end of the month.

Thanks,
Tammy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement