LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is everyone here watchful of their pH balance?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is everyone here watchful of their pH balance?
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just wondering if this is a common thing that all Lyme patients do or are taught to do.

For example, do you guys check your morning urine pH regularly?

Do you consciously try to eat an alkalizing diet?

Do your LLMDs take your pH balance into account?

Personally, I check my morning pH, take alkalizing supplements, try to eat an alkalizing diet, and my LLMD has mentioned that she is happy that I'm watchful of my pH balance.

Has anybody here NOT been educated about the importance of pH balance?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't heard of that yet from any LLMDs, except when reading Dr B's guidlines regarding Plaquenil and Amantadine or Dr D in Mass and his use of Plaquenil to lower the PH (or increase?).
Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alice in Lymeland,

the idea is diseases thrive in acidic environment. So by eating/drinking certain foods you can change your environment to more alkaline. For example, cancer cells can't grow in an alkaline environment high in Oxygen. A lot of places are pushing Kangen Water for Lyme patients. The Spa I went to yesterday also has it. I tried it for 3 months and did NOT like it. I'm a water drinker but I find Kangen water tastes funny to me. Plus it made my mouth dry which I don't care for. So I just drink young coconut milk instead.

It's always best to test w/ your morning urine.

http://www.amazon.com/Phinex-Diagnostic-Results-Seconds-Balance/dp/B003PDB79W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317579025&sr=8-2

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by James1979:
I'm just wondering if this is a common thing that all Lyme patients do or are taught to do.

For example, do you guys check your morning urine pH regularly?

Do you consciously try to eat an alkalizing diet?

Do your LLMDs take your pH balance into account?

Personally, I check my morning pH, take alkalizing supplements, try to eat an alkalizing diet, and my LLMD has mentioned that she is happy that I'm watchful of my pH balance.

Has anybody here NOT been educated about the importance of pH balance?

James a quick juice or young coconut juice will change your pH in a jiffy!! We're pretty nuts over here... I'm not kidding when I say I'll try anything. Thanks to my cancer surviving friend! So I was already into this stuff BEFORE I learned I had Lyme. I figured it is my job to prevent any chance of my daughter relapsing from her cancer. And we know cancer cells don't like alkaline environment!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Scorpio - when you say "young coconut juice", is that only available on the west coast?

Before I got Lyme, I used to drink "coconut water" frequently, like this stuff here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CN7BMA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1317579814&sr=8-1

I'm guessing it's different than the "young coco juice". Where do you get it from?

Also, isn't it high in sugar? How can you have so much sugar when you're on abx? I haven' touched my "coco water" ever since I started abx. I miss it because it was super tasty.

HopesAlive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopesAlive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this where Alka Seltzer Gold comes in or is that more for detox (similar to lemon water)? OR are both alkalizing, maybe, so good for both detox and PH? I guess I really don't know a lot about it, after all, lol.

My doctor told me to drink one Alka Selzer Gold three to four times per day, but I haven't been able to stomach it. Makes me sick to my stomach, so I stick to the lemon water, which I love.

I know PH is important, but I don't actually measure my levels, and I haven't concentrated on PH levels....yet.

--------------------
Best Wishes,

Hope

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

~~The Shawshank Redemption~~

Posts: 234 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, where did you find an alkalinizing diet?
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck finding a list of alkaline foods that doesn't have conflicts with other lists...I've not had any luck...

Be aware that the ammonia produced by Lyme/die-off is very alkaline, and in fact some of us have trouble with over-alkalinity from this.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

quote:
Scorpio - when you say "young coconut juice", is that only available on the west coast?

Before I got Lyme, I used to drink "coconut water" frequently, like this stuff here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CN7BMA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1317579814&sr=8-1

I'm guessing it's different than the "young coco juice". Where do you get it from?

Also, isn't it high in sugar? How can you have so much sugar when you're on abx? I haven' touched my "coco water" ever since I started abx. I miss it because it was super tasty.

You can buy this at any Asian market, or Whole Foods, etc...

http://www.youngcoconuts.com/open.html

You can read more about it here. Has about 6g of natural sugars, where as a diet coke has 39grams! So for me the benefits outweigh the cons.

--------------------
 -

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

quote:
Originally posted by Alice In Lymeland:
Very cool. I want to pee on a stick. [Smile]

I'm going to have to order those.

Also, I want to know about the "young coconut milk" too. Where do I get that and what is it like?

Hubby had grabbed one of those Zico coconut water things James posted, and I tried that yesterday. Did not like the taste of it.

But I do like the taste of coconut milk that I bought.

Hi,

Since you live near me you can try any Henry's, Whole Foods, Gelson's... they all have them. I have never tried them in a can so I can't comment on the taste. I try to eat live foods thus avoiding anything in a can. I have an aversion to canned stuff... smell weird to me.

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

Scorpio - thanks for the info on the coco juice, and also thanks for answering the peoples' questions. I wasn't feeling too well today, so I didn't want to write much.

imagine2 - there are lists on the internet. Also there are a lot of books available. But in general, a lot of health-food oriented books will talk about the importance of pH balance also.

Razzle - I agree that the lists aren't in 100% agreement with each other, but the basic principles are usually the same. When people eat too much meats or dairy products (and other things), they become overly acidic. If they eat more fruits and veggies (in general), they become more alkaline.

HopesAlive - yes, I think that's why most people use the Alkaseltzer Gold. Of course it's good for detox too, but anything that is alkalizing is also good at detoxing.

As a general note to all: I think everybody should be checking their morning urine pH at least once in a while. If we are in a constantly acidic state, it is very difficult for the body to detox and heal. Also, over-acidity keeps the body in a constant state of stress.

BTW I drink over 1/2 gallon of homemade "kangen" water every day. The pH of the water is usually 10.0. But I have a severe over-acidity problem (nobody knows why), so that's why I take it seriously.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

James,

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Are you better today?

You mentioned Kangen water... so you have the unit? And do you LIKE the water? I tried it once for 3 months and I must admit I don't like it!! I LOVE water but I'm very particular about the taste/smell. For some reasons I do not find Kangen water appealing. But that I can get used to... but the way it dried up my mouth really bugged me. I was told that feeling would go away after a few weeks but it didn't!! So in the end I couldn't continue. By the way my plants loved it too!! [Smile]

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

Hi Scorpio - Yes, I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for asking! [Smile]

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today. Hopefully the sauna will be of some relief, if you're able to go.

About the "Kangen" water, I don't have a "Kangen" brand unit, but I make the alkaline ionized water in this machine here:
http://www.hiddencures.com/ionizer.htm

That's the cheapest place on the net to get a water ionizer, and the quality of water is not worse in any way from the expensive ($1,000+) Kangen units.

Actually, there are many benefits to using a stand-alone batch machine like the one I have, because you can more closely control the outcome of your water. I can change the mineral content, the alkalinity, and the ORP value whenever I want to. That way, if the taste of the water bothers you, you could just try adding less minerals, or making it less alkaline, etc.

The water I make has an ORP value of between -800 and -1,000. 1 cup of my ionized water has more antioxidant power than 4 cups of fresh orange juice! That's amazing.

Some people use it as part of an alternative cancer cure. I bet you your cancer-survivor friend knows about it.

For anybody that doubts the benefits of alkaline ionized water, read this page here:
http://www.ionmicrowater.com/info/Hunza.aspx

I think it's very significant that the healthiest, longest-living group on the planet (the Hunzas) drinks alkaline ionized water daily.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Thanks James!

I will take a look at your machine. My friend has a unit... but everything she has is commercial size (since she converted the whole family of 8 into her lifestyle).

Taking about commercial size she has this ENORMOUS dehydrator that she uses to make all kinds cool stuff. Dehydrate any leafy greens add a tiny sea salt and you got CHIPS!! Never thought we would fight for Kale leaves, but we sure did!! Her bread are dehydrated nuts and veggies. So cool!!

That's remind me I should look into getting a small one. B/c this way I can eat bread (but actually veggies!)

The other day I tested on brussel sprouts. I cut them in half and took out the leaves one by one smeared w/ grapeseed oil and roasted. Then add a little sea salt and the girls were all over it. Now imagine if I dehydrated them... then I won't lose any of the nutrients due to the high heat!!

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

I have a nice dehydrator too, and I used to be super excited about dehydrating foods. I even read a few books about it.

But in all reality, I think it's a lot of work (ESPECIALLY for someone who's sick!) Mine has been covered with a plastic bag in storage for many years now.

I don't think the health benefits of dehydrated foods are worth the labor put into them. I'm sure it's good for someone like your friend who is trying to keep 8 people on a healthy diet - but for someone just making it for themselves I think it's not worth the work.

For a contrasting example - making fresh veggie and fruit juices in a juicer is a lot of work also, but I look forward to doing that again one day because I know it's VERY therapeutic! I think after I stop my abx I'll probably go on a juice-fast for a couple of weeks.

James1979
Unregistered

Your brussels sprouts idea is awesome!!

+1 cool-points for being creative. [Smile]

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Oh bummer James! I have a family of 4 so maybe I will give it a go... I just keep thinking all the money I spend on organic foods and I'm killing all the enzymes cooking them, what's the point!

Now if you talk to her she will challenge your statement about the benefits of dehydrated foods. She's on a 100% RAW food diet and juicing 4-6 times a day. She contributes that and detox to saving her life. As she calls it, she only eat "live foods". [Smile] I don't even have a machine so I'll wait and see. But I know my kids loves the stuff. Dehydrated beets are DELICIOUS!! But can't too much of those... too high in sugar, but great for detox!

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

Yes, good point about the enzymes! And I'm sure your friend knows way more than I do, so I'm sure there are a lot of benefits to dehydrating foods. I'm just lazy, and I try to do things as quickly and easily as possible. [Smile]
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Yeah...she's an EXPERT in enzymes! LOL... I think at one point she was so sick she couldn't eat. So they had to find a way to feed her at the cellular level. A way that is not so taxing for her body to break down the food... and RAW is the way to go. I just so happen to like my food COOKED, so for me it's a mental thing. But boy some of her creations are soo delicious!! Makes me drooling now... LOL

--------------------
 -

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Hey James,

Take a look at this book... I need to go read it too. Let me know what you think if you decided to read it that is.

http://www.amazon.com/Enzyme-Factor-Hiromi-Shinya/dp/1571782095

--------------------
 -

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all, without exception, heavy metal toxic.
Part of life on this planet. It is a major part of the chronic problems many of us have or had. Toxic metals go only into solution in an acidic environment. So messing with the alcalinity or forcing the system either way is not a good thing.

From my own experience.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Gigi - what would your advice be for someone who has extreme over-acidity even though he is following an alkalizing diet, has bone problems because of this over-acidity, has high levels of lead and mercury, and is doing gentle chelation therapy? Obviously taking care of the heavy metal problem is priority, but that can take a long time. Shouldn't this person try to "force" the body to be at the correct pH, even if it means taking extra alkalizing supplements? I'm curious on your opinion. Thanks! [Smile]

Scorpio - If you don't mind me asking, did you friend do a specific therapy for the cancer (like Gerson's, for example), or did she do a combination of a bunch of different therapies?

That enzyme book does look interesting! At first I thought it might be too boring for me, and I was about to leave the page, but then I saw that it says it explains "how love can improve the immune system", so I sent myself a free sample of the ebook. [Smile] If the sample is good, I might buy it. I've always believed that feeling good causes a huge benefit to the entire body, and especially the immune system, but I would like to learn more about that. Also it said something about explaining how milk causes osteoporosis, and I'm interested in that, too.

Too bad I have a huge stack of books that are on my "to-do" list for reading! I just ordered another one yesterday. It was about using himalayan sole solution, which is also directly relevant to this thread because it's supposed to correct pH problems.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

James,

They both see the same Naturopath who creates a "custom" treatment plans for them. But very similar to Gerson's. Raw diet w/ tons of juicing, detox, and supplements. He uses Asyra testing to guide him. I actually consulted with him as well. Very cool Dr... cheap and he takes time to talk to you. I am thinking of calling him again especially when I go w/ Photons!

--------------------
 -

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any advice re acidity, except it is terribly foolish to go at it with alkala or any other substances on an ongoing basis. The body knows much better, and if you were to energy test, you would probably find that at certain hours or days your body simply does not want to be alcalinized - cancer or not.

Per Dr. K., there is no such thing as a chelating agent. It takes always several different agents, i.e. aka clathrating agents, which applied in certain ways at different times accomplish detox of certain metals and chemicals.

What I would highly suggest is ruling out KPU/HPU
which is a huge problem for most afflicted with Lyme and chronic problems. Listen to my friend and mentor, Dr. K. in this video http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

You should also rule out that you are "allergic", i.e. the body can no longer or never was able to regulate certain toxins. www.allergie-immun.de (click on English version) takes care of allergies to toxic metals, and a lot, lot more.
(Wheat, mucors, some 80,000 chemicals that we are hit with daily, and some inherited problems.)
See if you can find the thread moving here "Allergie Immun Germany". Many have been helped by this therapy, even though some complain because this can't be done in a couple of months. Accumulation of many unacceptable substances over a lifetime --- what do we want?

Anyone playing with photons of any kind, will be moving many toxins, including major toxic metals and chemicals, often recirculating and reabsorbing them ad finitum and wondering why the carousel never stops. If a practitioner is not knowledgable and lets that happen, stay away.

There is a lot of talk here right now about photon therapies, and of the some 40 people who went to Germany for treatment, some may have gotten rid of a few borrelia, but they set into circulation much of the rest of the 90% of problems that are part of Lyme Disease. Metals are difficult to remove from certain body compartments and it is not something to be fooled around with. A great number of these people are worse off today three years later, because of ignorance.

Be careful with playing with ph. Eat a balanced diet and make certain that (via a hairtest) you have all the essential minerals on board that are the lifeline to detoxing. The Doctors Data hairtest will tell you for $46. exactly where you stand and that alone will also tell an experienced doctor whether you have a problem with KPU. It will differ for family members even though you live on the same diet. At this point, this is one of our best tests to determine metal status. Explore Klinghardt Academy website for more info on Problems and Obstacles of detoxing! It's all there at great length and very detailed.
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Articles/Mercury-Detoxification-Perpetuating-Factors-Problems-and-Obstacles.html

Great start with Himalayan Sole.
I have lived with a container of Himalayan sole on my kitchen windowsill for many years, and was still missing many essential minerals before detox could set it.

Be sure to read the "Five Levels of Healing" on Dr.K.'s site www.Klinghardtacademy.com, and remember that any treatment/therapy moves metals and not necessarily straight out of the body.
You really need to learn that mobilizing is only the first step and several others need to follow to complete the technique.

He will be answering questions tomorrow night via a phone connection that anyone can dial into!
A kindly soul posted the info here a couple of days ago. I have to run, but will post if you can't find it!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Gigi - thank you so much for your thorough and detailed answer! There is a lot of stuff there that I am not familiar with, but am hopeful to learn. I really haven't delved deeply into Dr. K's stuff, and it's like an entire different world for me to look into.

I had a suspicion that allergies might be causing some of my strange pre-Lyme problems, so that's why I'm doing a stool allergen test soon from enterolab.com. I'm testing for gluten, eggs, milk, and soy. I know there's a lot more stuff that I could be testing for, but I just wanted to start out with the most common allergens first. I'm basically gluten-free now, but I eat the other 3 frequently. Actually, tomorrow I'm hoping to send the sample via UPS! My poop should be in Texas by Wednesday morning! [Smile] (What a strange thought!)

Thanks again! [kiss]

abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used prill beads to change ph of drinking water....I have some and need to get the ph strips to check the water.

What should the optimal ph of the water be?

Information for the Dr K. seminar the Gigi mentioned is at lymehope.com

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few people posted on another thread, including myself. I think it was called "who was not helped by PE-1 or the bionic". Something like that.

I personally know four others who traveled to Germany (other than the 3-4 that have posted here). One a physician friend in denial about heavy metals and is not well, two on deaths doorstep, and one dealing with other issues.

I have been in communication with two families who went and have moved on to try other things.

All this to say -there are others who went who have not responded which is their choice. I don't think it's appropriate to ask for screen names. If they wanted to reply, I think they would. I know some of them still visit here, maybe others do not.

I did Allergie-Immun for well over a year. My initial report stated that on a DNA level, I did not recognize mercury, lead, copper, nickel, a number of chemicals and some fungi as toxic.

So, what happens to all of that when set into circulation? What that spelled for me was leaving my appendix in Germany.

In my opinion Gigi is correct when she mentioned the other 90% of problems that are part of lyme. At least that was true for me.

These are all things to think about. In hindsight I would like to have known exactly what I had going on - parasites, viruses, heavy metal load, etc., before applying photons.

It can be a wonderful device in the right hands with full knowledge of what the burdens are. Wrong place, wrong time for me.

James - a note about food allergies. Sometimes it is not the chicken or the egg we are allergic to. It can be a chemical in the feed, or wheat and corn fed to the chickens. I doubt there is any corn left that is not GMO. Labs are not looking at what is in the chicken - they just tell us we are allergic.

Everyone I know who did AI, (except one) had an inherited wheat allergy. Mine didn't kick in until I got sick and then really made itself known!

I no longer have any food sensitivities.

AI is not an easy go and it is not accomplished in 3-4 months. But I believe it was what enabled me to finally start releasing heavy metals, chemicals and took care of food allergies.

At this point in my journey I would not have an issue with using the bionic for a virus or whatever, but for me, with a full load of toxins, it was not a good idea to do 3 years ago.

I also don't think it should be used on someone with amalgams (which I had at the time).

Bottom line - everyone wants to be well. The only point I am trying to make is I wish I had done my homework before the test.

One last thing - scorpiogirl you said "I don't know if PE-1 will cure me, but until I tried it myself I am not going to make any judgment. I am not expecting people to be supportive or even understanding of "alternative" methods so that's cool. As I said before we are all entitled to our own opinions."

If you are referring to Gigi - you gotta know that she was into "alternative" methods years before I knew what the word meant and I've been around for awhile.

All the best

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry James, I realize nothing I just said has anything to do with pH balance.
Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by NanaDubo:

It's okay, girl! Thank you so much for writing it. It was an interesting read.

We hardly ever stay on topic here. Yesterday Scorpio started another topic about the PE-1, and we ended up discussing my stick man drawings, and the male pornography on Scorpio's laptop. [Big Grin] [lol]

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NanaDubo:

It's okay, girl! Thank you so much for writing it. It was an interesting read.

We hardly ever stay on topic here. Yesterday Scorpio started another topic about the PE-1, and we ended up discussing my stick man drawings, and the male pornography on Scorpio's laptop. [Big Grin] [lol]

Hey life is too short and too dull... we got to do what we can to jazz it up right! And you my man is perfect for the job! [Wink]

--------------------
 -

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Whoa - back up there. I thought you said you weren't interested in heresay but would love to talk with said screen names??

I took that as an invitation to share my experience. Did I misunderstand?

I have not failed and neither will you when you find what works for you.

Sharing my own personal experience is not to dash the hopes of others. If you reread what I wrote I think you will find that I did have some positive things to say about the bionic. There was just much more to be done that should have been done first (for me). I don't understand how that is mean.

I got well because like you, I left no stone unturned.

James1979
Unregistered

Scorpio - I finally got some young coconut juice, but now I'm afraid to drink it. I compared the sugar levels to my Zico Coconut Water, and they have basically the same amounts of sugar. It's almost like a fruit juice.

How can you drink so much of it without having candida problems? Don't you have oral thrush?

I don't have any GI symptoms of a yeast infection, but it's visible on my tongue. That's why I'm always super careful.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Hmmm...

Not trying to dig up the past here... just doing my homework on PE-1 and per Brussels' suggestions... I'm reading all the old posts like a good girl to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

And I stumbled upon this post by Sparkle7 re: Gigi making a commission from the Bionic 880? And now her view is completely reversed??? Could that be b/c she no longer works for them? WTF!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/76824/13

I'm sorry but if you sell or make money from a product your opinion is biased! You have completely lost credibility to me. That's just so WRONG!!

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

Scorpio - You've been on long-term abx, and you seriously don't know what oral thrush is??! That's unbelievable!

Here's how you test to see if you have it:
1) Grab a mirror.
2) Look inside that pretty mouth of yours.
3) Tell us what color is the top of your tongue.

If it's white (most common), brown, or black, then you have oral thrush. If it's pretty pink or red, then you don't.

I can't believe that you might not have it. Maybe just you never knew to check?

I agree that the coconut water is probably very healthy, but I'm super safe with my sugar intakes. I used to even eat fruits, and then I cut it down to only green apples, and now I even limit the green apples.

I eat coconut oil frequently, so it's not like I'm worried about the fat. I know that's one of the healthiest fats on the planet, and it actually helps people to lose weight.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Ok I just had a snack so before I leave to go the kids I brushed my teeth and tongue and it's pink! I first flossed, then used my electric toothbrush. Then my tongue scraper thingie... then I brushed again w/ the hand tooth brush. Now all clean and pink. So does that means I don't have it then?

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

That's absolutely unbelievable. How is that possible?! Dang, I'm jealous. It takes me an hour every day to take care of my mouth, and I still have a problem. NOT to mention that you won't find someone on a more strict anti-yeast diet than myself. Actually, my LLMD suggested that I cheat a little more! [Smile]
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Does it hurt James??

I am telling you I use coconut for EVERYTHING. I really think it has to be it. I do oil pulling so I keep that in my mouth for 20-30minutes each time. It probably kills everything in my mouth!

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

No, it doesn't hurt. It really doesn't have any symptoms except that it's visible to me, and it grows quickly if I don't take care of it every day.

The reason why it's serious is because then every time you eat something, more yeast goes down with your food. Soon the entire GI tract will be overrun. I think I'm getting to that point where the yeast is taking over. I've started getting worsening brain fog for the last week or so.

Maybe the coconut is your trick. I'm gonna have to try coco oil pulling every day now. Maybe that'll do it.

Also I'll be starting Himalayan sole soon. I actually have it already made in a cup, but I'm not positive yet how to use it. I'm waiting for a book to arrive.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Remember my friend? She EATS the coconut oil by the table spoonful! I can't do it! I love the smell... but texturally I just gag. So I lather the sucker all over my body a few times a day. So I'm getting it that way too. I'm not kidding when I said I use it for everything.

Squeakly door, coconut oil.

Dry hair, condition w/ coconut oil

Dry face, coconut oil

Dry body, coconut oil

Teeth pain, coconut oil pulling

Massage, coconut oil

For me coconut oil is that Windex to Toula's dad in my Big Fat Greek Wedding!! LOL

--------------------
 -

James1979
Unregistered

If you put coconut oil in your hair in the shower, does it look like it's greasy afterwards?

You know, I used to gag also when I tried to down a spoonful of coco oil. But recently I learned that if I first let it melt in my mouth, then it becomes super easy to swallow.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

No I do a deep conditioning... where I leave in my hair for a few hours w/ the cap on. Then I rinse off later.

I started doing that when my 13 years old had dandruff... and that completely got rid of her problem and left her hair shiny and soft!!

--------------------
 -

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had thrush either, and I was a Dr. H patient, so you know I was on high dose abx! He did have me take Nystatin and probiotics. I never had systemic candida either. Amazing.

I've eaten coconut oil, garlic and onions since way before Lyme treatment because I was aware of candida (thought maybe it was my problem for a while many years ago, before I knew about Lyme).

I have curly hair, so I've been known to use oils or lotions in my hair to keep the frizz away. Someone with straight hair just wouldn't understand that concept. [Smile]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

I don't understand how you guys didn't get thrush!! I'm trying to do everything possible to get rid of this thing!

Well, I know that other people have thrush much worse than I do, so I'm not complaining. It just seems like I'm doing everything right, but nothing is working.

I'm definitely going to start oil-pulling more frequently with the coco oil.

Do you think maybe I have a tendency towards thrush because of my high metal levels? I'm in the "very high" range according to DData for the provoked challenge for both lead and mercury. BUT I don't have any amalgams.

It just feels like I'm missing something.

James1979
Unregistered

I don't know if this was the thread where someone introduced me to Himalayan Sole, but here is my question:

If I'm swishing with full-strength sole and it tastes SUPER good to me, does this indicate that I might have some kind of a mineral deficiency?

I thought someone was saying that they couldn't swish with full strength because it was too strong. To me, it's so tasty that I'm contemplating swishing with it frequently! I'd give it a 10 out of 10 if I had to review the taste.

James1979
Unregistered

I just wanted to mention that I finished the "Water and Salt: The Essence of Life" book, and I thought it was HORRIBLE!! One of the worst books I've ever read. A complete waste of time and money. I think I'll give it a generous 1 star out of 5.

I definitely don't recommend it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement