LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » are the floaters in my eyes , floaters, or are they bacteria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: are the floaters in my eyes , floaters, or are they bacteria
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just always been curious, are the floaters in my eyes that i see are the spirochetes or are they floaters and what is a floater, thanx guys im still learning

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Spirochetes are far too small to see. Floaters are debris. Wiki has a pretty good basic description.

You really should have your eye doctor take a look, though. Floaters can be serious if from a tear in the vitreous tissue -

- or not at all immediately serious (although it probably means you need more antioxidants to "gobble" up waste particles, of a sort).

You also may not be getting enough good fats. Do you take fish oil, krill oil or OmegaBrite? Those are really important for the eyes.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had floaters for years. An eye Dr checked me out and said they were normal, but they can be a sign of retinal detachment if they suddenly become more numerous and /or are acoompanied by flashes.

It really reassured me to have the eye Dr check it out.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why they are listed on Burrascano's symptom list?

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlitchyMomma
Member # 35826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlitchyMomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a single floater in one eye since high school. Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in a while. Wonder if it is possible that it went away?

Also, it was a very specific shape, and I always described it as a lasso looking squiggly. But now, I could say Spirochete?! Maybe, maybe not?!

Isn't it possible that something extremely small like that was magnified in some way due to proximity to all the eye mechanisms?

GlitchyMomma

--------------------
GlitchyMomma
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis dx July 2003
Cholecystectomy March 2010
Vit D3 Deficiency 2011
Progesterone Deficiency 2011
Adrenal Fatigue September 2011
Labcorp IgG 23 Positive, IgM 39 Positive, IgM 41 positive January 2012

Posts: 31 | From Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went to see an opthamologist recently... they had a brochure about it. It's just what Keebler said. It usually happens after age 40 or so.

Some people here thought they were parasite related, etc. but I don't think they are in most cases. It happens as we age.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aperture:
I wonder why they are listed on Burrascano's symptom list? [/QB]

because they are common with lyme

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had floaters for a while. If they are a symptom of lyme, do they go away with treatment?

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Larae,

Yes. Most often if from oxidated "debris" "trash" or whatever you want to call it -

- but then it also REALLY helps to have all kinds of bright colored vegetables each day - and also take some good antioxidants. Some are more specifically suggested for eyes such as

ASTAXANTHIN (just search Google and PubMed).

This holistic doctor's site and his book are also excellent:

http://eyeadvisory.com/

The Eye Care Revolution - by Robert Abel, Jr. M.D.

http://eyeadvisory.com/eye-conditions/floatersretina/

Floaters

What helps:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM LINKS sets

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

[ 01-13-2014, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
A word about seizures and the eyes. I know some others here also deal with seizures.

I've no formal research on this, only my own personal observations. Seizures are not good for the eyes.

I'm far too tired and my dinner is about done on the stove so I can't elaborate as to all the things I do to try to offset the stress on my eyes after a seizure but most of it is just common sense.

Arnica homeopathic immediately afterward, pellets under the tongue, seem to help but I immediately take Fish Oil and antioxidants, too after the 20 minutes for the homeopathic to melt in my mouth.

Then, resting in a dark room which is good after a seizure, anyway, to calm the adrenals, etc. Progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, Reiki, or other soothing routines are also good.

It's best for anyone with any kind of seizure activity to always avoid fluorescent lights but, especially, for a day or two after a seizure.

Camera flashes, too. Duck under a table if you see someone about to flash (you can take at as good advice for all kinds of flashing, eh?).
-

GlitchyMomma
Member # 35826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlitchyMomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heehee! Good one Keebler !

--------------------
GlitchyMomma
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis dx July 2003
Cholecystectomy March 2010
Vit D3 Deficiency 2011
Progesterone Deficiency 2011
Adrenal Fatigue September 2011
Labcorp IgG 23 Positive, IgM 39 Positive, IgM 41 positive January 2012

Posts: 31 | From Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Floaters in my eyes disappeared, along with all Lyme eye symptoms, when I started drinking mangosteen juice, an anti-inflammatory antioxidant juice.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GlitchyMomma, I've had the exact same thing. They can be squiggly or have a kink, or sometimes very symmetric. I describe them as almost wormlike in configuration. I've wondered the same as you, if it is something magnified.
Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had the squirmy looking floaters come and go my whole life, never worried about it.

Since I got lyme there has been a huge increase in the tiny round floaters and new visual problems.

My eyes have been checked by a dr.and he said they were fine in spite of the constant weird visual symptoms and floaters.

I feel confident my eye symptoms and floaters are tied into this disease just not sure how. I'm not quite 40 yet so I don't think it's an age thing for me.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never, ever had floaters before lyme. Now I can see little things swimming around. If I look at a white background I can really see them. Don't know what infection they are from but one if them is causing mine.

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamers:
I never, ever had floaters before lyme.

Me either.

This is what mine look like.

-

The weird thing is, whenever I take any kind of "killing" medicine or supplement, they start to get tangled up and look like they are in a knot.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you get that photo Hambone and what is it supposed to be? This is sort of what I have but I only get one "string" in my visual field at any given time....sometimes none. Also, a blink may or may not change its configuration.
Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by koo:
Where did you get that photo Hambone and what is it supposed to be?

This is a photo of candida under the microscope. I Googled it. I also saw a very similar photo in Dr. S's book about mold.

There is also info out there that liver congestion can cause increased eye floaters.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Hambone,

Excellent to remind us that "liver congestion can cause increased eye floaters."

That is where the antioxidants are so very helpful to sort of gobble up the debris, so to speak -- but also be sure to have specific liver support, too.
-

Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on which part of the eye the floater is you can see microscopic floaters.

You can see spirochetes in the Premacular Bursa

I have dead spirochetes

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

this is a drawing of some of the ones I can normally identify

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does it mean I'm not crazy when I say It looks like I'm looking into a microscope sometimes and can see bacteria moving around? Well, it looks like bacteria or spirochetes at least...

I also have floaters, but the other thing looks like a slide with bacteria/cells under a microscope.

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement