LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tests for sinus/breathing issues?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tests for sinus/breathing issues?
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I feel like my breathing/sinus issues are the most annoying symptom of all of this now. I had chalked it up to air hunger, but I'm not so sure.

I am interested in testing for MARCoNS and am wondering if there is anything else I should test for?

I thought my breathing would maybe get better after the fire and moving into a brand new apt, but it hasn't. It's been ever-present for months now.

I had no breathing issues until I started treating lyme in Jan. Nothing seems to help. I went to an ENT and started a new allergy med and no difference.

I just want to be able to breathe normally!

Any advice or insight on this?

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter deals with this. It was really severe, then we saw some improvement (I thought buoloke helped)and it has picked up again the last couple of months. Just saw our doctor last week and she thinks there may be some pneumonia going on so will be starting heavy zithromax with doxy this week. Also have test orders for mycotoxin test through Real Time Labs (I think this is MARCoNS). It is a urine test. It is very expensive and I am going to check out insurance coverage etc. before I send it in.

I'm so sorry you are suffering with this. Do you yawn and sigh a lot too? Last year we had a blood gas test drawn that was crazy low and she failed the spirometry? test. But the pulmonologist smiled and told us "her lungs are fine."

I'm certain symptom is related to TBDs. Hope you find relief, sorry I can't be of more help but will report if we see changes.

Treating Lyme, Bartonella, Q Fever, FL1953

Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also worried about pneumonia. I have no idea what's going on.

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be fungal sinus infection... Maybe talk to your doctor and ask if there is some kind of sinus rinse that kills fungus...

Also make sure you are on an anti-Candida program...including probiotics, no sugar/simple carbs, antifungal meds and/or herbs, and (if needed) an anti-fungal diet (no fungal/fermented foods - no cheese, alcohol, mushrooms, vinegar, canned/bottled fruits/juices, etc.)...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I thought my breathing would maybe get better after the fire and moving into a brand new apt"

Did the apartment you moved into have new carpet, paint and/or new construction?

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suzy50
Member # 30466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suzy50     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have chronic sinus problems that antibiotics no longer work on, but sinus nebulizer treatments work for me. I did find a lot of relief from a sinus rinse recipe that I found on this forum. I use the bottle from the "Sinu Rinse Kit" which is 8 oz. in size. I warm up 16 oz. of water and add 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda and 2 tsp. Xylitol. It actually opens up my sinuses so they drain. I was using 1 tsp of salt (sea salt, no iodine) and a pinch of baking soda. The new formula makes a huge difference. I read in one of Dr. Mercola's emails that the xylitol eliminates the water that pathogens need to thrive. I thought I would pass this on to who ever might be interested.
Posts: 44 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the chiropractor yesterday and can breathe a lot better today. Many with lyme have tense necks and shoulders and I think this inhibits breathing.

You didn't say whether you think you have an infection or congestion.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For anyone with any breathing troubles, be sure to avoid acetaminophen as it can damage lung tissue due to its blockage of glutathione.

See the asthma-acetaminiophen detail here - in the 4th post, 1/3 of the way down.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

I don't take any Acetaminophen.

I have no idea what could be causing it? I feel like it is either a staph thing, mold, yeast...I don't know what else it could be?

My nose has been pretty plugged. I do not have much drainage and my coughs are unproductive. When I do have nasal drainage, it is clear.

I just want to be able to breathe!!!

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It's very dry across much of the nation right now. I've not checked the weather map for NE but I know my area has been so dry that it's affecting my breathing.

Just a thought.

You are likely off cow's milk but that is one thing that always clogs my nasal passages. Even yogurt (sigh).

OLE (only Seagate brand) usually works to open my sinuse within an hour.

ALLICIN, too. I like the Hepapro brand. It's amazing.

But even, taking a clove of raw garlic in the middle of a meal may give you some relief (if your stomach can tolerate it).

Hope you feel better soon.

BTW, I really LIKED your radio interview from your other post. You sound so strong in all the ways that truly matter.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of three things that may help.

Serrapeptase is a systemic enzyme that will reduce fibrin, biofilm, inflammation.
If you have sinus problems, this is the thing to try.

When the fibrin in the bloodstream is reduced, the mucous is thinner and the sinuses will drain and clear out.

A salt pipe/inhaler can duplicate the effects of breathing in a salt cave.
The salt ions are breathed deep into the lungs, reducing inflammation and killing bacteria, viruses, mold.

This reduces asthma problems, and people here who have used a salt inhaler have said they did not need their inhalers as often.

I inhale through my nose with the salt pipe, which I found stopped bleeding.
I used to get blood tinged mucous when I blew my nose, and that STOPPED when I began using the salt pipe.

LED light therapy at the 880 wavelength will reduce inflammation and open up clogged sinuses.
I found this out when I used the SOTA LightWorks on my face to heal pimples.
Suddenly I could feel the sinus in the bones underneath the skin open.
Interesting sensation.

Serrapeptase: You can google for articles and check iHerb.com for reviews.

Salt pipe/inhaler: You can google for articles about salt cave therapy and salt inhalers.
There are vendors at Amazon.com.

LED light therapy:
This list of studies refers to LED therapy as low level laser therapy.
http://www.healinglightseminars.com/laser-therapy/laser-research-library/

If you are already using Serrapeptase or another systemic enzyme, try increasing the daily dose.
I didn't notice much at the lowest dose they suggest.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See and environmental illness doc and get evaluated. A lot of sinus problems are caused by VOCs.

If you do a search, you can read my old posts on it or let me know if you need more info.

Search for docs who specialize in environmental illness:
http://aaemonline.org/

Here's a short article about it:

http://www.examiner.com/article/volatile-organic-compounds-affect-air-quality-and-human-health

" Volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, are organic compounds that can be detrimental to the health of people and the environment. VOCs usually contain carbon and hydrogen, and have high enough vapor pressure to evaporate into the air under normal conditions. They are released into the air from synthetic and composite materials such as paints, paint thinners, floor sealants, cars, carpets, aerosol sprays, household cleaners, office equipment, dry cleaning solvents, petroleum fuels, plastics, glues, and pesticides. Formaldehyde is one of the most common volatile organic compounds. It is used in the manufacturing of many household products, and is also used as a preservative in mortuaries and medical labs.

Many VOCs are toxic and cancer causing. Exposure to certain VOCs has been known to cause dizziness, headaches, nausea, drowsiness, eye irritation, rashes, respiratory problems, sinus problems, nose and throat irritation, and loss of co-ordination. Volatile organic compounds can also contribute to 'sick building syndrome'."

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my lyme started out mimicing asthma and sinus infections.

i had "asthma attacks" and "sinus infections" every single day for YEARS!

after a few months on anti-biotics, i stopped having both problems, and i havent had them in 2 years!

so it might be from lyme and co infections...

some symptoms can go away quickly with treatment, but i think we all know that most symptoms dont and it takes a really long time [Frown]

if you think it might be something else though you are smart to keep searching!

i hope you find some relief soon..

Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be lungworm. Dr. Kaplow found them in up to 75% of CFIDS patients. I just did a round of anti parasitics and am amazed how much better I breathe now. My sinuses started draining after the first pill.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

I've done a ton of different herbal anti-parasitics and also done some abx anti-parasitics and have no had improvement in breathing?

I found out yesterday I tested + for MARCoNS

--------------------

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl, which anti-parasitics did you use?
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement