LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Had another LLMD appointment. It's either really good or really bad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Had another LLMD appointment. It's either really good or really bad
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I had an LLMD appointment Thursday and it was a little frustrating. I told her what symptoms I had left and couldn't tell if they were Lyme and co symptoms or adrenal fatigue.

Told her I get dizzy randomly for no reason. I get tired easily and have some cognitive issues sometimes. Still have that vision problem where my eyes want to focus on detail and not the big picture. Muscle aches every now and then. When I don't take my calm cp I get anxiety attacks and chest pains. I have restless leg syndrome at night and toss and turn. Also ear pressure that comes and goes

So my LLMD said for my adrenal problems try taking pure adrenal adrenal tissue and continue with the nueroscience products and retest in a month.

As far as my treatment plan goes my LLMD is kind of at a stand still. She said after a year of treatment which im at now my symptoms should be somewhat better.

Everyday I take minocycline, bactrim ds, tindazole, and nystatin. To detox I take pinella, burbur, and cholesteramine.
I told her I took a week break from abx and went back on abx no change in symptoms off or back on abx.

So my LLMD said stop taking abx for a month so she can do a culture test or a fry test or something to see if i still have an active infection or if my body just needs time to heal now. She also ordered a brain spec scan to see if that might be the problem. She said judging from the culture test determines whether she wants me to go on IVs abx or IM bicillin shots or not. That was the worst part of the appointment and I almost refuse to do IVs.

She also suggested to try buhner herbs. She beleives I have a Bart infection but she doesn't think I have a babesia infection though it's always in the back of my mind as a what if.

Open to comments and suggestions

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
Co infections? Who knows...
Bands 18+ 30+39+41+45+58+66+ IGG
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think going off all of those meds will really help you know what you are dealing with.

Do all you can to detox during that time and see how you feel. You may begin to feel better and better!

If not, you try a new approach.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I feel today is dizzyness. I don't know wether to attribute that to Lyme, babs, or Bart or neither. Also took a test at my appointment and she said I don't need to be on cholesteramine

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mvdr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Tbrown,

I am seeing a LLMD and a ND. The ND has me taking the same adrenal tissue you are. He said I had the worst Adrenal failure he's ever seen. In one mo. those symptoms you describe are significantly better for me. He cut my dose in 1/2. I still have a long way to go but the ND says my Adrenal problems as well as yeast and parasites are a much bigger problem for me than Lyme.

Your situation sounds a lot like where i am. Get well soon!

Posts: 143 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Mvdr your case makes me wonder why she told me to take that product. My adrenals were too high in the afternoon/night where as yours are too low.. I wonder if it helps correct regardless of the levels?

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Babesia:

Dizziness
Muscle Pain
Chest Pain
Ear Pressure
Vision Issues...

My babesia symptoms didn't really come out until I had gotten rid of bartonella and lyme was under control...

Notice you did not list anything that targets Babesia specifically in the medicines you are taking...

Maybe something to look at [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Slml I was under the impression that tindazole and bactrim hit babesia as well? Am I wrong ? Should I take some artemisinin to provoke test it?

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Babesiosis is treated with a combination of two types of anti-parasite drugs, atovaquone (Mepron, Malarone) plus an erythromycin-type drug (azithromycin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin). Long-standing infections may need to be treated for several months, and relapses sometimes occur and must be retreated."

http://www.lymedisease.org/lyme101/coinfections/babesia.html

I took a high dose of artemesia for 8 months and it did nothing. No reaction at all (FYI - if you don't react, you might still have babesia)

My symptoms didn't start to turn around until I started taking malarone. Now I'm on both malarone and mepron. I'm pretty sure it's the babesia that's been one of my roadblocks (never tested positive, but have the symptoms and those are the only meds that made a dramatic difference over the past year).

Bicillin has been very helpful. I'm terrified of a PICC line myself. My doc has been pushing it the past 3 appointments and we're making a decision this week.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mvdr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if the adrenal tissue helps repair the adrenals if they are functioning too high. Makes sense though. I will see him Friday and will ask him and let you know.
Posts: 143 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did know I had babesia until I took herbs to treat parasites. Then art in the herbs brought it to light.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tinidazole and bactrim will not treat babesia.

I finished off babesia with Zith and artemisinin.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Thank you for the responses. This is frustrating because when I first went to my LLMD a year ago she was positive that id be done by now with treatment seeing how she didn't think I was that sick and has seen a lot worse. I'm running out of time and I picked a physical career so a picc line is not an option for me right now.
I have a brain spec scan on Wednsday. A culture test at the end of the month and will try and see if treating babesia will help.
If not than bicillin it is! Are those covered like regular abx by insurance? My insurance is as long as the doctor writes the script it's covered so I hope it's covered no problems

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Don't forget mvdr!

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement