LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » UPDATED 8/31/2016: My Applied Kinesiology treatment progress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATED 8/31/2016: My Applied Kinesiology treatment progress
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As most of you have known, I had a bit of a relapse in December after being 90-95% recovered from lyme and off abx for 2.5 years. From December until about mid March I felt the worst I have in the past 4 years.

I started treating with a lyme literate Applied Kinesiologist in NYC in late March and thought I would post my progress / updates here.

For those who don't know, here is a thread I started where we discussed energy testing and Applied Kinesiology http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/133754

Anyway, I started treatment with her 3 weeks ago. She found I had Lyme, Bart (big time), Babesia, H Pylori, Mycoplasma, and Legionella along with numerous food sensitivities.

She treats candida first and I was put on a special anti-candida diet with supplements to target candida. I was also on supplements to target H. Pylori and Legionella.

Fast forward 3 weeks to today and I'm a lot better. I had some die off around day 6-7 (when she said I would) but after that I've just felt a bit better each day. I'm not where I want to be and still have symptoms, mind you. But I'm greatly improved. My night sweats are gone, brain is clear, and have much reduced symptoms elsewhere.

I had my 3 week follow up today and she found through testing that Candida and Legionella are gone. H Pylori still there a bit.

Most of my food sensitivities are now gone, but not all. But at least my diet is better.

We are now targeting heavy metals for the next 6 weeks. She tested me against about 20 different supplements to help me chelate heavy metals. In the end only 4 were "right" for my body. They are all brands I'm familiar with.

So..the next 6 weeks I'll be going after heavy metals. After that it will be parasites. THEN lyme and co.

She firmly believes you cannot get rid of lyme until you get the body strong, free of toxins, candida, heavy metals, parasites, etc. Then lyme treatment goes much much faster.

Again, she is not a well known doc, but does have some high profile patients (Debbie Gibson.) Her approach is definitely alternative, but it seems to work. She got a good friend of mine who was bedbound for 5 years back to 90% in 8 months and he is expected to make a complete recovery!

I hope to as well. F this disease.

I'll keep everyone here posted on my progress. Onward and upward!

p.s. LLMD phoned and said my nasal culture came back positive for Marconns and some other plant-based bacteria. He wants to put me on BEGI spray. Not sure about this given my new treatment protocol.

[ 08-31-2016, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: bcb1200 ]

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you are getting treatment that is proving to be helpful!

If you can you might want to use the BEGS spray but if you have tinnitus you may want to swap out the gentamicin for a different abx which shouldn't be an issue since it is compounded. Although maybe going at things from the other end, building up your body, will be effective and you won't need it in the long run.

Having staph, above the normal levels that most people have, down regulates immunity. For lyme patients it becomes a vicious circle with this as the lyme allows staph to proliferate which in turn allows the lyme, bartonella, etc.. to proliferate in the sinuses and head.

When I used the spray I had a massive herx; didn't take all the doses but most of them.

Now I rotate colloidal silver nasal spray and oregano oil nasal spray to keep things in balance.

Glad you are moving forward with things!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!! Please keep us posted on how you treatment goes. I honestly think that ' alternative' treatment is the way to the full recovery, especially kinesiology.
I will probably go see your practitioner sometime soon- good ones are rare to find.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it! You can always take your BEG spray to her. She can energy test you for marcons and the plant based bacteria.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know anything about the nose spray, but would salt water in a net pot help at all?

I'm glad you're making progress. H Pylori can be a pain to get rid of. It took a friend of mine without Lyme a few months to get rid of it. She ended up needing antibiotics after trying herbals.

Keep us posted! Glad you're doing better!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apperently Rife works for H Pylory, you just have to find right frequencies
Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy for you, bcb. It sounds like this kinesiologist is the real deal. I think it would be a good idea to call your kinesiologist and ask if it would be worthwhile to buy the BEG spray and bring to your next visit to see if it is compatable. (it is not cheap though!)

It is possible that some of the treatment you have already been doing has also taken care of the Marcons.

FYI - I did take BEG spray for positive Marcons and it did not worsen my tinnitus. It did cure Marcons for me, though.

I was also very concerned about the gentamycin and called the pharmacy, asking if they could substitute anything for it because it is so ototoxic.

I was told by the pharmacist that in all of his years of prescribing this, he did not have one case of damage to ears reported by its use. He told me that when administered this way, it is much less ototoxic. I do believe that now, after surviving 2 rounds of BEG spray, without worsening my tinnitus or hearing loss.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updated again:

I see a classically trained osteopath from time to time in my state. He helped correct some pelvic issues I was having in the past.

It has been about a month since I've seen him. Since my last visit, I've been on the protocol from my AK doctor and feeling better.

I told the osteopath that I was feeling better and was encouraged by my progress in 3-4 weeks. He then felt my body and said "WOW!! There has been a huge change since the last time I saw you. You have a "vitality" in you that I haven't seen before. Your body is bouncing back."

It was nice to get some feedback from another doc who has noticed progress as well.

Onward and upward!

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Way to go!!!!
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BEG spray won't hurt and is great to have !
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it! I love that your doc targeted yeast first as well (I think that might be the way to go).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

5/2/2016 Update:

Hi folks. Just wanted to keep people posted on my progress.

Still feeling much better from where I was in the Jan-March time frame. So far I've done 3 weeks of Candida treatment (which appears to have worked as my tongue has not been this clear ever) and am now on week 3 of Heavy Metal Chelation. I have 3 more weeks on this protocol and we will then switch to Parasite treatment and then Lyme and Co.

I still have many of the symptoms that I was experiencing in the December - March time frame. The difference is they are not constant (I have days without some of the symptoms) and when I do have them, they are not as bad..as if the intensity has been turned down.

So...I'm feeling hopeful of my new, holistic approach and can't wait until we go after the Lyme and Co, but do realize I need to get myself strong first.

Most of my food sensitivities and toxicities have resolved. Dairy is now ok, as are grains. Nightshades are still off limits for a few more weeks.

I've not done the BEG-I spray that my LLMD prescribed yet as my AK (Applied Kinesiologist) doc tested me for it and my body hates it. She also tested me for Staph (Marcons) and didn't find it.

Will keep folks posted. It is really incredible the results you can obtain when you are with a gifted energy tester. I highly recommend my new AK Doctor.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

tickbite666
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbite666     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey neighbor

that's good news. We share many of the same sx and treatment protocols. I had a chiro from Worchester years back that used AK along with cold laser and other alternative treatment.

Please PM me with new Dr's contact info, maybe I'll give it a try.

Posts: 119 | From ground zero | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bcb, [woohoo]

It's amazing what kinesiological tests can do.

Imagine that you feel so much better and if I understood well, you are not even treating Borrelia!! Mainly candida, and other infections, and toxicity!!!

I also kept wondering how people who feel so bad can KNOW what are causing symptoms without energetic tests.

What people do, they will just take more Borrelia and coinfection killers, and sometimes, just go downwards because there is a sequence that the BODY asks to be treated.

Look at you: you are not even concentrating on Borrelia as the main treatment!

Exactly like what happened to me in the first 3.5 years of treatment: peeling the onion, and Borrelia used to be the last peel (before I knew photons, then the order inverted....)

Anyway, congrats!!

All my little improvements were what made me go on and on with treatments.

I don't know if you feel like I did, but in the end, I even didn't care to have active lyme anymore because my life came slowly back (even with some ups and downs, the end curve was going up!).

That is what kept my spirit high. I do think she's right when she says that if you take all these layers of problems out, it's easier to fight lyme in the end.

Words of dr. K., long ago: " the patient is surprised to see that suddenly, what never worked before starts working, like magic!"

Crossing my fingers to you!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

quote:
Originally posted by Brussels:
Bcb, [woohoo]

It's amazing what kinesiological tests can do.

Crossing my fingers to you!

Thanks Brussels. I'm crossing my fingers as well.

You are correct. We aren't even treating Lyme and co yet, but I still feel better.

My night sweats have all but disappeared. I no longer have insomnia. My brain is clear, etc. It is such a huge difference vs 6 weeks ago.

My AK doc agrees with Dr. K...that you first have to get your body strong, rid yourself of toxins, candida, parasites, metals, etc. THEN go after Lyme and co as the lyme treatment goes much faster and is much more effective.

Will keep you posted!

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you bcb! You are doing such a service by sharing this info with others too. Thanks for keeping us posted and giving so many hope here.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Right on! So happy for you!

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Great news!!! I have a friend who had Lyme, treated all the other stuff, then never needed to treat the Lyme because the body took care of it. All this stuff is important.

What are you doing for heavy metal chelation? I'm still not done with metals ... even though I've chelated several times now. I think it might be coming to the surface again because I started treating MTHFR a few months ago. I might be finally ready to let them go. Not having major symptoms or anything .... just trying to optimize my health.

--------------------

bcb1200
Member # 25745

My AK doc tested me on about 20 different supplements for metals, but only about 4 things worked with my body according to the tests. I'm on:

-Takesumi Supreme
-Camu Supreme
-Shinsandra Supreme
-Bodyguard Supreme
-Epigenetics NAPDH capsules

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Update: 5/24/16

Hi folks. Just wanted to keep you posted on my progress.

I met with my new Applied Kinesiologist doc recently as I’ve completed the 6 week heavy metal program. So far I’m 9 weeks into this….3 weeks for Candida, and then 6 for heavy metals and EMF’s.

My body is now clear of the metals of concern, as well as candida. Overall, my “body toxicity” has gone from “Level 5” nine weeks ago to “Level 2.5” as of this week.

Based on where I’m at, we are changing things to now go after parasites and Lyme & Co (Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and Mycoplasma.) She determined I have multiple parasites, one of which is giardia. All of my supplements changed and I’m now on some new stuff to kill the bugs and parasites. Fun stuff. Buckle your seatbelts!

Overall, I feel about the same as my prior update on 5/2/2016. I still have some symptoms, while others have resolved. For the symptoms that remain, they are not as intense as before. I’m no longer just “making it through the day” as I was in the Dec-March time frame. I’m now contributing to life’s activities..working, being a dad, having fun, etc. Some days are better than others, but all days are better than Dec – March. Sometimes the symptoms I have remaining are annoying, but they are rarely bothersome. I’m sure I’ll herx at some point as we kill the bugs.

We will add more supplements in the next 2-4 weeks to ramp up the killing. I also need to avoid ALL DAIRY for at least 2 months as my doc says parasites LOVE dairy. Looks like I’m gonna drink my coffee black for a few months.

My solanine toxicity is now gone so I can have nightshades again (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, etc). But only in moderation.

Will keep everyone posted. I can’t tell you how much better I feel now versus the December – March time frame. I admit, Applied Kinesiology / energy testing is tough to accept and get your mind around….but if you find the right, gifted and experienced doc…it can do wonders.

Onward and upward!

[ 05-24-2016, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: bcb1200 ]

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Excellent! Good luck with the next stage!

I take a can of full fat coconut milk, a tsp of vanilla, some honey (or maple syrup) and a tablespoon of coconut oil and blend. It's a good, healthy, non dairy creamer. You can easily use stevia or leave the sweetener out.

--------------------

TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job!

Go get 'em!

Thanks for the update! Hope your daughter is doing ok.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Hi folks. Just wanted to give everyone an update.

I'm 1 month into the parasite and lyme & co protocol. Currently treating parasites (including giardia) as well as Lyme, Bart, Mycoplasma, and Babesia.

I have to say this protocol has kicked up the hornets nest. I originally started out with the following (all energy tested for me):
-Amylase
-Triple Zinc
-Ionic Silver (From Epigenetics UK)
-Artecin (Thorne...wormwood.)
-Tumeric
-FOS
-Olive Leaf Supreme
-Bodyguard Supreme
-Takesumi Supreme
-Apple Cider Vinegar 3x / day
-Vitamin D

After two weeks we added in:
-Dan Shen Supreme
-M.F. Bromelain
-BFB-1 Supreme (for Biofilms)

This has definitely kicked the hornets nest. While I don't feel as bad as I did back in Dec-March, I don't feel as good as I did in April/May.

Things have gotten worse particulary after starting the Dan Shen and BFB-1 oil.

The BFB-1 oil targets Biofilm. I put one drop under the pad of each big two and another drop behind my left ear twice a day. Crazy. But it is doing something.

I'm hoping it is just a flare due to die off...but I do worry it is a relapse.

OVerall, I've been on this combo a month (2 weeks if you consider what was recently added.)

My doc tested me for the bugs using energy tested. Most are much better or nearly gone, but Borrelia is still there the most. Not sure why I feel so bad then!

Will stay on this for at least 2 more months.

Still no dairy.

Fingers crossed that this is just a herx that will pass....

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

dbpei
Member # 33574

Thanks so much for sharing the results of your efforts, good or bad. It is so helpful! That is what makes this illness so difficult to beat. You don't know whether to stop when things are tolerable or fight until you reach the finish line.
Catgirl
Member # 31149

It sounds like you're hitting something for sure. Hang in there, and thank you for sharing!

--------------------

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I hope changes come for good for you BCB.

When I see what you take, I would be knocked down only with Zinc and Turmeric.

My body could not process so much zinc (I felt poisoned), due to KPU /HPU issues. I fell sick, literally, if I took too much zinc like that.

Today I think I'm better, but I swear I tried to take zinc for MONTHS, even years (as the story with zinc started back in 2009), ramping it slowly, but it knocked me down (and my daughter) to a point, the doctor thought we were having a lyme relapse! Only with zinc!!!

We weren't: it was simply like zinc poisoning! We stopped it, and we felt better. We had joint pain and fever with it, like an infection!!!
----------------------

Then turmeric: it gives me EXTREME tummy pain if I take in larger amounts (like more than 1/2 tea spoon). I have to also take it sparsely. It is too aggressive for my stomach.

Then Olive Leaf is killing probably a lot of candida, mold, maybe viruses: so you may get herxy. Meaning: without loads of binders, in my case, I get downwards fast.

I don't see binders in your list, that is why I'm telling you. I would be just knocked down if I take candida killers and take no binding agents many times a day.

Anyway, I'm glad the practitioner is going after many things, and that you are progressing.

I hope he is testing you for binders too!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Thanks everyone.

Brussels, it's my understanding that Takesumi Sumpreme is a binder. Is it not?

The only concerns I have with the protocol I'm on is it doesn't seem to be many of the classic Lyme herbs (Cat's claw, Japanese knotweed, etc.) Still...this is the type of protocol that healed my friend.

We are targeting parasites as well as lyme, babs, bart, and mycoplasma.

For those of you parasite enthusiasts...you may wonder where the black walnut is or the cloves. I was tested for both and my body didn't like them or they weren't effective on the bugs I have.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Brussels
Member # 13480

The bamboo product looks cool.

How do you like it?

I don't it, because I just took other binders (Dr.K ones...).

If you don't feel herxy, it means it is working I suppose?

Brussels
Member # 13480

As for classic herbs, it's fine Bcb. As long as you continue improving, that's what matters!!

You say you are 80% most of the days, and that's really what matters!!! Crossing fingers for you!!!

bcb1200
Member # 25745

The takesumi is pretty good.

I do feel Herxy at times. Like hungover.

Or my ears will start to freak out. Or I'll get really twitchy.

But most things are better. My night sweats are all but gone. I get a very very mild case every couple of weeks. But not nightly.

Now if only the twitches and ear fullness would stop for good.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey man glad to hear your doing better call me sometime this week and we'll catch up

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bcb1200--My ear fullness turned out to be a Eustachian tube problem called a patulous Eustachian tube.

The ent (my 11th ent) measured the pressure in the ear, stuck a tube up my nose and saw the Eustachian tube did not work properly.

I now have an ear tube like little kids get and it really helps. I don't know if this is your problem, but don't rule it out.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Wow, so glad the night sweats are all but gone! That's big! What do you think did it?

Are you able to eat more foods now?

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting account of how you are progressing: many thanks.

Your practitioner sounds really knowledgeable , so fingers crossed that you make a tremendous improvement whilst working with her.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Catgirl...To be honest I'm not really sure what did it.

The sweats disappeared after the first 3 weeks when all we did was go after Candida, Mold, and Legionella, and some food sensitivities.

They really haven't been back since. Ok, maybe I've had them a tiny bit a handful of times the past 3 months. (less than 5). But that is much better than nightly!

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Well looks like I jinxed myself.

The BFB-1 that I ramped up last Friday seems to have kicked the hornets nest. This is an essential oil blend by Supreme Nutrition that targets biofilm and also supposedly kills Lyme and Co released from the biofilm.

I was taking it once a day (put one drop on pad of each big toe, another drop behind my left ear lobe and one on left thumbprint.). But I ramped up to twice a day last Friday and now I'm not doing as well.

Night sweats have returned along with crazy twitching of my calves. Ears feel full, sinus congested, voice a bit hoarse, have pressure on top of head (fees like someone is pushing with two fingers in a spot on top), occasional crawling sensations on scalp. A bit off balance, woozy, spacey.

My friend who is nearly 100% recovered said he also got worse when he started this stuff. He said it lasted two weeks then made major progress.

I'm 1 week into the twice / day regimen. I hope it clears soon. The rational side of my brain says his is a herx. The irrational side says I'm relapsing. I have to get my irrational side to shut the h$&@ up!

I'm not as bad as I was in Dec-March time frame. But I definitely feel worse. Most of what is flaring now was gone or significantly better.

Sigh

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

project
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for project     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Essential oils are really the best biofilm busters from what I've found. I take systemic enzymes too but there is no comparison between the two in terms of effectiveness.

I've been copying that BFB blend's recipes and making my own. I tend to use much higher doses, like 20 drops topically, but only use them weekly.

I've been using essential oils this way for 4+ years now and the amount of biofilm that I've had to detox is almost unbelievable.

In the end I discovered I've been dealing with Protomyxzoa Rheumatica which is probably why I had soo much biofilm. So if you don't have this bug I think you won't have to deal with nearly as much.

But in general essential oils do kick the hornet's nest as opening up the biofilms will cause the immune system to freak out. In many respects I was better symptom-wise 4 years ago before starting to open up the biofilms. In some respects I'm much better now though. I think before my immune system was just massively suppressed and I was on track to becoming a CFS diagnosis if not worse.

But once you start it's like there is no way out other than getting rid of them completely. In the end I think getting rid of them is the only way to get to 100% and minimize the risk of relapsing.

Posts: 131 | From CO | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

I don't know if I have Proto or not. I have many of the symptoms, but honestly it could also be Lyme, Bart, Babs.

I had a Fry smear earlier this year. One was completely clean with "no organisms observed", but the other showed "few biofilm like structures" with bugs inside of unknown origin.

Fortunately I only had "few" and not "numerous".

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I was going to pm you this but thought it might help someone else.

For me, topical oils make proto grow (PR), so that means it grows more biofilm, and symptoms start up again. So when I touch oils especially more than just a drop two, I begin getting PR symptoms anywhere from immediately to six or even twelve hours later (applies to eating animal products as well).

It took me quite some time to figure this out, and I did it by eliminating oils fats (and animal products), and then touching fat or applying just a small amount and then noticing the symptoms right away and sometimes up to twelve hours later. No oils or fats (or animal products), no symptoms.

All that said, if the product with oils has something that helps reduce biofilm and kill parasites, then that product is good for me. It bates the bugs in, and then they eat what kills them and busts open their protection. Maybe this is your product?

Also, I wouldn't count on the fry test any more than I'd count on a lyme test (symptoms rule).

--------------------

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Thanks Catgirl.

I don't think my issue is due to animal fats or other biofilm growing oils. When I was feeling better in April/May I lived on steak, eggs, etc. no issue.

I do believe BFB-1 breaks down biofilm so imagine it is the latter scenario you propose.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome! I think it's the latter too.

Yet, I'm also wondering if the diet you were on (ketogenic) got you past a certain point. I wonder if I should try it.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

You're on a ton of stuff, that might be why you're feeling a bit worse. I wouldn't think it's a relapse, I'd think it's a result of all you're taking. Even now I have to be careful to not take too much or I feel bad.

I love the takesumi as a binder. I'm allergic to chlorella and the only other binder besides the takesumi that seemed to do anything for me is bentonite clay. It's nice to have another choice. I like it and think it helps. Maybe trying to get another dose in would help you through this tough spot!

Thanks for keeping us posted!

--------------------

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Update as of 8/2/2016:

Well, the past month has continued to be tough. I got a cold right around 7/4, but then felt pretty good for the next 8-10 days. It's as if my body was focusing on beating the cold and stopped targeting lyme & co.

But then the cold went away, and my head wooziness, spaciness, night sweats, and ear pressure / ear fullness / stuffy ears came back along with increased twitching, reflux, crawling sensations on scalp, worse floaters, etc.

It wasn't as bad as it was in December - March, but it was worse than it's been in weeks. Looking at my journal, this flare started 1 or 2 days after we switched things up to target Lyme, coinfections, and parasites in late May.

I've got about 4 weeks left in the Lyme / Parasite protocol and just had a follow up appointment with my Applied Kinesiologist doc.

She did a thorough exam today to see if we could find what is making me feel off. According to her tests, I don't have any new bugs / germs / organisms. She even tested me for Protomyxzoa which was negative (thankfully.)

But she said I did still have all of the lyme & co bugs including Mycoplasma, Babesia, Bartonella, Borrelia as well as giardia. All were better than 9 weeks ago, but still here.

She then tested me against my current list of supplements (aka Nutrients) and found that two of them are things my body no longer needs/wants. One of which was the BFB-1 Biofilm drops (Supreme Nutrition) along with the Takesumi Supreme.

She also discovered my dairy toxicity is back, so I need to avoid dairy again. (GRRR!!) She also gave me Thera Supreme which should help eliminate the dairy toxicity/sensitivity in the coming weeks.

So...this is my tweaked protocol over the next month.

I hope these adjustments help me turn the corner.

She firmly believes that it will as she has seen responses like the one I'm having before and it is often due to supplements / nutrients the body no longer wants, along with die off/herx.

If all continues to work well, we will change things up in September and go after immune system as well as adrenals / thyroid.

I asked what happens if I still test positive for the bugs in another month. She said then I would be the first patient of hers to do so.

Will keep you posted. Fingers crossed. Fingers crossed.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks for the update!

--------------------

Brussels
Member # 13480

Fingers crossed too!!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you continue to figure things out. Stay off the dairy ..it's full of %$@#.

I'm glad you are off the EO. I was getting worried.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Updated 8/31/2016

Well, here is the latest. I visited my AK doc earlier this week. I'm supposed to be done with my parasite and Lyme&Co protocol.

I did feel a bit better in August versus June/July, but not as good as I did in April / May.

I told her I thought I still had the bugs, as I still had a lot of symptoms including muscle twitching, night sweats, floaters, tinnitus, intermittent woozy/spacey feelings, hot flashes, crawling sensations on my head, etc.

She did the exam and didn't find any of the bugs. She tested me 3 different ways just to confirm. According to her, Borrelia, Giardia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, and Babesia are all gone.

I then asked why I still had symptoms. She said in her experience it is because my immune system is still in overdrive from the supplements/nutrients I was still taking. Also, my body is still damaged from the years of infection and now must be rebuilt.

OK...that could be true.

So now we are "rebuilding" my immune system and overall body to ensure a strong foundation. She found my body needs several vitamins and minerals (B1, Iron, Magnesium, many others), along with a specific probiotic called Bifodobacterim. I will take these daily for 3 weeks. Then we will add in adrenal / thyroid support as mine are really screwed up.

I've discontinued the Lyme/Parasite protocol, but will continue to take the supplements once a day (versus 3), 2 days a week for the first month, and then 1 day a week for the second. It is a maintenance dose.

So....I'm not sure what to think. My friend who was cured by this doctor had no real symptoms by this time, other than lingering fatigue. He said he was at about 80% when he finished the Lyme protocol, and then got to 100% in the following 2 months as they rebuilt.

I guess I'm at 80-85%, so that is about the same place. But the twitches, tinnitus, sweats, etc are annoying! I want them to GO AWAY.

The way I see it, there are three options:

1) She is 100% spot on, and I will start to feel better and better over the next 2 months as we rebuild. I do know that most lyme symptoms are caused by the immune response vs from the bug itself. I also know that I made huge progress the first 4 weeks in treating with my AK doc, by just targeting candida, mold, and food sensitivities. So this could be true. (fingers crossed.)

2) She is partially correct and the Lyme and parasites are gone. But lingering symptoms are caused by something else she hasn't found. Example: I know I have marcons and another bacterial deep in my nasal passages per the culture I had back in March. I never took the BEG spray for it. This could be causing the inflammation I'm experiencing. Perhaps I should do the BEG spray and clear this up. Also, perhaps I need to go after mold more seriously. I know I've got the HLA-DR genotype for mold and lyme, and I know I was exposed to mold when this whole thing started last fall. Is it any wonder why I felt better the first month of treating with this doc when we were going after mold / fungus?

3)She is 100% wrong.

I think it is either #1 or 2, and as of right now am leaning towards #2.

Will keep everyone posted here on how it is going.

Don't get me wrong...I'm definitely better than where I was when I started with this doc back in March. I just expected to be symptom free at this point and am confused as to how I still have symptoms if I supposedly don't have bugs.

Still, she could be right. The night sweats I had for 5 years went away for 2 months from April-May by just going after candida, mold, heavy metals, and food sensitivities. We weren't even targeting lyme and co and yet I was better. So there could be truth to this.

Will keep everyone posted.

Note, I realize many here are skeptical of AK and energy tests. I'm keeping this log/journal for the benefits of others who are interested, as well as for my own personal journal of this experience.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bcb, you are awesome for keeping us updated!

I am very interested in how this continues for you, and I have been following with keen interest since you started this thread earlier this year.

Thanks again! Wishing you completely well!

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
project
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for project     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you're able to close in on 100%. I've been interested in muscle testing but haven't gone that route myself. I am not skeptical of it in that I do think it can work. I think there are other subconscious things that can be tapped into with some degree of accuracy.

The one thing I have seen again and again with reports of muscle testing is that it appears to be able to detect the presence of different infections that often aren't caught by other means. However it appears that it generates a lot of false negatives when trying to detect the absence of the same infections as treatment progresses.

I don't know it its perhaps influenced by the patient's subconscious desire to be free of the infection. All I know is that it seems like in a lot of cases people muscle test, get a negative result, but they are later shown to still have the infection.

Here's an example of this from Connie Strasheim:

"It's funny, because I have found that at times, I will test negative for active Lyme infections via muscle testing and through Zyto and other electrodermal screening devices, but I have found that if I look at my blood through a microscope, I still have some bugs playing in and around my blood cells."
http://conniestrasheim.org/blog/2014/06/lyme-disease-dont-bother-with-bugs.html

Posts: 131 | From CO | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Ditto. You are awesome for keeping us posted! :)

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

One thing about energy testing is that it shows what needs to be worked on at the moment. So right now the most important thing might be what she says. Then once you get stronger, bugs may start showing up as the most "surface" thing to work on again.

It's interesting you mention mold. EVERY single time I was sick with Lyme symptoms over the years mold was ALWAYS involved. It was like my body could find homestasis with the borrelia as long as the bucket wasn't overloaded with mold.

--------------------

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Yeah:

The decline that I experienced starting in spring of 2015 (and then crashing in December of 2015) started 2 months after I got a new (pre-owned) car.

I didn't know it at the time, but the car had a slow leak around the tailgate. Rainwater would pour down and end up in the spare tire well.

By the time I found it, there was 3" of water sloshing around in there. Tried to get it fixed 3 times and they couldn't do it. Finally sold the car earlier this year.

Around this same time, found out I was exposed to mold at work. our neighbor had been having small leaks that would end up between the walls for years. Mold was everywhere. ERMI score of 13 (goal is under 2.) That is 90th percentile of modiest building in the country.

Subsequently found out I've got the genotypes that are very sensitive to mold. HLA-DR Results are:
14/5/52B: Multi-susceptible (Mold, Lyme, etc)
and
17/2/52A: Mold susceptible

This means I'm one of 25% of the population whose body can't properly detox biotoxins from mold, lyme, etc. They just stay in my body and get reabsorbed over and over.

Then I found out I can Marcons in my nose. Another problem with my genotype and common with folks with mold illness.

When I started feeling the best in APril, it is when we were targeting mold, candida, and fungus.

I'm beginning to think this could be another layer I have to address.

My work has been partially remediated, and full remediation is going to be done by October. I've dealt with my car. Going to also check my home.

Good news is, mold illness can be treated. Betterhealthguy has some good info on it.
http://www.betterhealthguy.com/topics/mold
and
http://www.betterhealthguy.com/mycotoxins

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Sounds like you'll probably have to revisit that mold layer, and perhaps that will bring you to 100%!

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

That darn mold, It causes such huge problems. Did you get the BEG spray yet? It will get the mold in your sinuses.

--------------------

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Not yet. Strangeley, there was no mold in my sinuses. But I'm going to get the realtime PCR urine test later this month from my LLMD.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement