LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Doxy alone? Stomach problems?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doxy alone? Stomach problems?
SLH516
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLH516     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been planning on doing BVT alone, but someone recently suggested doxy alone, and I'm reconsidering. My goal is lowest cost (while still effective, of course).

My understanding is that bvt shouldn't be combined with other treatments. True?

In doxy's favor is the fact that my insurance might pay for it, though idk if they'd do it long term if they found out what it's for.

I haven't checked to see how much doxy might be out of pocket since idk what the usual dosage is. Does anyone know what that would be for using doxy alone?

I know that long term abx can eat your stomach, so I'd have to account for that, and there will be expense involved in that also. How do people usually address that?

Does anyone have opinions on which approach has the better chance of being effective overall? I know everyone's physiology is different, and idk which co-infections I may or may not have, so there's no definitive answer to this, but I'm curious what people's thoughts are.

Posts: 112 | From USA | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy alone will not cure lyme no matter how long you take it. In the presence of doxy, lyme converts into the cyst form and just waits for you to stop taking doxy.

There have been experiments which show this, so it is a fact.

In fact, monotherapy (taking just one antibiotic) is never effective against lyme since it can evade any one antibiotic by changing forms.

The way I got rid of my long-standing lyme disease was to take one antibiotic for the spirochete form of lyme (I took amoxicillin) and another antibiotic for the cyst form of lyme (I took flagyl--metronidazole). That did the trick and quickly in my case.

Before this with a different doctor, I took only amoxi for 2 years. It kept a lot of the symptoms at bay (because the lyme converted into the cyst form), but as soon as I stopped the amoxi, within 2 weeks I was just as sick as when I started. So, that was a real life proof to me that when Burrascano talks about this, it is true!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SLH516:
Does anyone have opinions on which approach has the better chance of being effective overall? I know everyone's physiology is different, and idk which co-infections I may or may not have, so there's no definitive answer to this, but I'm curious what people's thoughts are.

BVT FOR SURE! Especially if you're chronic

I do my own live blood microscopy, and I am roughly 5 months into BVT. The amount of spirochetes I was seeing in my blood before commencing BVT was staggering! Now, I see only a few ketes....

If you are serious about BVT, just look up the scientific studies on PubMed on the effectiveness of bee venom (or melittin) on different infections. Doxy only works on a few of the pathogens that BVT does.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am seeing the ketes in the cells every time i do microscopy ...they dont like the venom ...but on a day i did rocephin ,10 stings ,herbs and rife they were just chilling in rbc and joints ..with other bacteria in the plasma .

im doing bvt with some abx ...we had a discussion on this .not sure if it works for bartonella .my apitherapist seems to think so ..they can also carry bart ..

she does alone but after treatment for years with other modalities. I am 10 months in and have seen some stuff improve .
See other thread on bvt and bvt with herbs ...
i am not healing as quick and was going down hill fast ... twitching was less when doing iv abx ..

.get a hive and or order abx online you can do im shots if your tummy is jacked

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to clarify that I am also doing antibiotics (and herbals) with the BVT.

I'm using ABX mostly to cover Bart because I'm unsure if BVT is effective for Bart or BLO since there is very little literature pertaining to that infection. And, the literature there is suggests it may not be effective for Bart.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement